Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 2,261 to 2,268 of 2268

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Just to be sure, we're using the legacy banlist althought we're playing block??
    Yeah, that's what I read from "no additional bannings". I also thought it would have been interesting to unban everything for Storm Season. It's not like Lotus into Lab Maniac would have been legal anyway. Still, this is just a slightly different conclusion. I could lament what is lost (and did a little), but that just means new things can shine.

I think we're locked in on the same Legacy banlist as through out this season, which is a bit different from how we might have done it, but not a problem (not that you were saying it was).
    Last edited by silkster; Yesterday at 08:32 PM.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Yeah, that's why I read from "no additional bannings". I also thought it would have been interesting to unban everything for Storm Season. It's not like Lotus into Lab Maniac would have been legal anyway. Still, this is just a slightly different conclusion. I could lament what is lost (and did a little), but that just means new things can shine.

I think we're locked in on the same Legacy banlist as through out this season, which is a bit different from how we might have done it, but not a problem (not that you were saying it was).
    what bothers me is that we've played through the entire block without any bannings. So why now? :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

what bothers me is that we've played through the entire block without any bannings. So why now? :)
    Yes, we play with the Legacy banning list. Reason: Blackmail, Ghost Quarter, ...
    They're all possible now. Not just one that you can build around. You can encounter every round-breaker in the same round.
    There's no way you can meta against all of them, so you'd have to choose. That feels wrong.

Also, no additional bannings, and I already started the round, so by all means play Ensnaring Bridge.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

There are some broken blocks.

Theros Beyond Death: Island, Island, Thassa's Oracle, Thassa's Oracle

Alpha: Black Lotus, Mox Ruby, Channel, Fireball

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    There are some broken blocks.

Theros Beyond Death: Island, Island, Thassa's Oracle, Thassa's Oracle

Alpha: Black Lotus, Mox Ruby, Channel, Fireball
    Alpha isn't an official block. I perhaps should have clarified, but were playing everything from Mirage block onwards.
    I would like to skip the Ice Age block, because the official version uses cards that were released over a decade apart, and that feels dumb.

But you're right about the brokenness of certain cards in certain blocks.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Alpha isn't an official block. I perhaps should have clarified, but were playing everything from Mirage block onwards.
    I would like to skip the Ice Age block, because the official version uses cards that were released over a decade apart, and that feels dumb.

I was going to play what seemed the most broken to me: ghost quarter deck. Guess I will have to find something else :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post

I'm fine skipping ice age block, but we should definitely clarify that now (I had been assuming it was an option).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I'm fine skipping ice age block, but we should definitely clarify that now (I had been assuming it was an option).
    That's a good point. I did not clarify this at the opening of the round, so if someone enters with an Ice Age deck, I guess it should be okay.
    I don't think anyone will want to though, because there aren't many great cards in it, and the ones that are good are banned.

Thread Information