Page 112 of 332 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

Re: 4 Card Blind

This round was fun .

1.Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Quicksand, Errant Ephemeron, Oblivion Ring
    You O-ring one of my guys and then block plus bolt for a draw. 2-2

2. Tylert: Vault Skirge, Slippery Bogle, Forest, Forced Adaptation
    Nice call with forced adaptation. 0-6
    T1 Skirge 18
    T1 boggle
    T2 Skirge 17 - 19
    T2 enchant boggle.
    T3 M19-17
    T3. Boggle 2/2. Skirge-17-15
    T4 M19-13. Bolt skirge.
    T4. Boggle 3/3 -M16-13
    T5 M18-11
    T5. Boggle 4/4. M14-11
    T6. M16-9
    T6. Boggle 5/5 M11-7
    T7 M11-5
    T7. Boggle 6/6. M5-5
    Yea Boggle gets too big. You get both.

3. alphastryk: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Savage Swipe
    You’re guys are too big. 0-6

4. Wrath of Pie: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Lush Growth
    You’re guys are too big. 0-6

5. Moosedog: Mountain, Vault Skirge, Vault Skirge, Lightning Bolt
    ME

6. H: Mountain, Satyr Hoplite, Akroan Crusader, Mark of Fury
    I believe I can either bolt your biggest guy or bolt when you go to play mark while in the meantime swinging in and gaining life. 6-0.

7. silkster: Island, Viscerid Deepwalker, Sea's claim, Unsummon
    I can race with the lifelink. 6-0

8. FTW: Blossoming Sands, Gladecover Scout, Cartouche of Solidarity, Cartouche of Solidarity
    This was close. Your math looks good to me. 3-3

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

One game with conflicting score:
    The H vs. alphastryk result is still contended. Both have WW written down.
    H's math looks solid to me, so in the preliminary standings I have H was 6-0 winner.
    If other lines are found that change this, I will edit the results and scores.

A question about the future:
    From all the rounds we've played so far this season, this one feels like the most creative and fun.
    Would it be an insane idea to play a full season of Pauper, banning the winning deck after each round?
    Or would that be too much common craziness? Let me know what you guys think.

Preliminary standings for round 7
    1. Tylert: 38 - 5,4
    2. H: 24 - 3,4
    3. Wrath of Pie: 22 - 3,1
    3. silkster: 22 - 3,1
    5. alphastryk: 20 - 2,9
    6. Moosedog: 17 - 2,4
    7. Asthereal (TO): 8 - 1,1
    8. FTW: 5 - 0,7

Which leads to these standings in the season:
    1. Moosedog: 24
    2. Wrath of Pie: 23,5
    2. FTW: 23,5
    4. Tylert: 22,1
    5. alphastryk: 18
    6. Asthereal (TO): 17,8
    7. silkster: 16,4
    8. H: 11,5
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: 10,7

This is a significant shuffle in the standings. Moosedog takes the lead, and Tylert jumps to 4th, less than 2 points behind the leader.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    One game with conflicting score:
    The H vs. alphastryk result is still contended. Both have WW written down.
    H's math looks solid to me, so in the preliminary standings I have H was 6-0 winner.
    If other lines are found that change this, I will edit the results and scores.
    Will revisit this now, but my math is more likely to be wrong than right.

Edit yep, I lose that one. Another time my misreading of Savage Swipe costs me.

From all the rounds we've played so far this season, this one feels like the most creative and fun.
    Would it be an insane idea to play a full season of Pauper, banning the winning deck after each round?
    I've been thinking about pauper being a pretty good format, more depth to this round than I expected. I would definitely be down to participate in a pauper season.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Will revisit this now, but my math is more likely to be wrong than right.
    Edit yep, I lose that one. Another time my misreading of Savage Swipe costs me.

I've been thinking about pauper being a pretty good format, more depth to this round than I expected. I would definitely be down to participate in a pauper season.
    Thanks for checking the match against H.
    Preliminary scores become final scores then.

And yeah, Pauper was more fun than expected.
    I'm glad we banned EtW, because a lot of decks ended up being viable.
    If people feel like 12 rounds of Pauper might be a tad long, we could try for a 10 round season as well.
    I'm just kind of running out of ideas for 4CB, but we have a cool group, so I'd be sad to call it a day.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Thanks for checking the match against H.
    Preliminary scores become final scores then.

And yeah, Pauper was more fun than expected.
    I'm glad we banned EtW, because a lot of decks ended up being viable.
    If people feel like 12 rounds of Pauper might be a tad long, we could try for a 10 round season as well.
    I'm just kind of running out of ideas for 4CB, but we have a cool group, so I'd be sad to call it a day.
    Isn't there also Peasant, or something like that, where you get an uncommon?

Perhaps a couple rounds could be where you can have one uncommon or something.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I love this idea. I think to keep each round fresh, we might ban more than just the winning deck. Maybe we could try:

5 rounds of Pauper where every card in a deck that scores at least 50% of the possible points gets banned, except for basic lands. Followed by
    5 rounds of Peasant (allowing 1 uncommon), again banning every card from a deck that scores at least 50% of possible points.

Regardless, I definitely want to keep playing. I only just found this group! I'd be happy to brainstorm some ideas if you like.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Peasant is a pretty interesting variation to think about as well.

Having 4CB to play as a weekly puzzle has been a lot of fun in these strange times.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Peasant is a pretty interesting variation to think about as well.

Having 4CB to play as a weekly puzzle has been a lot of fun in these strange times.
    Believe me or not, it was also a lot of fun when it was normal times.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 8 of SEASON 6: DEVIANT LEGACY has started.

This round we will play Storm Season - Your deck must lose 0-6 to Island, Plains, Storm Crow, Stormfront Pegasus.
    No additional bannings.
    Important: I will try to keep an eye on whether the decks I receive are legal, but there's a good chance I'll miss lines, so please make sure your deck actually loses both on the play and on the draw against the mentioned deck. If we find out too late that your deck actually wins a point or more against the stormy dudes, you will receive a hard zero. (Let's hope I'm not missing any lines in my own submission, because after posting this, I can't change my deck anymore...)

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 8, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 27th of May, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Raging Goblin, Raging Goblin, Pithing Needle.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S06R08 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

I’m sure you have the whole season of altered legacy planned out, but I thought of a few ideas in case you feel like trying them.
    Keruga Challenge (Keruga’s companion restriction)
    Vow of Silence (You may not cast spells)
    Desert World (You may not spend mana)

This thread is a fun read. Thanks, Asthereal!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    I’m sure you have the whole season of altered legacy planned out, but I thought of a few ideas in case you feel like trying them.

It's more fun when you participate!! :)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

If we can manage to find 12 other ideas for whacky legacy 4CB, i'd gladly keep playing this for a second season. This season is lot of fun :)

BTW, When can we post our decks for the next round?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    If we can manage to find 12 other ideas for whacky legacy 4CB, i'd gladly keep playing this for a second season. This season is lot of fun :)

BTW, When can we post our decks for the next round?
    I have already opened next round for submissions, so you can send your Storm Season deck when you're ready.

Right now I have about 5 more ideas for strange rounds, so we'll have to find more in order te make another "deviant" season.
    Also, I think we should shift formats. If I can find enough weird rules for rounds, we could do a deviant modern or so.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

If you have more, it'd be great if you could post them.

Right now I'm on the fence about doing another season of "Deviant" 4CB, or a season with Pauper and Peasant.
    With a few more weird ideas, I can start building a Deviant season, and that gives us plans for two more seasons.
    That should get us through the summer.

If you have more, it'd be great if you could post them.
    One "obvious" place to start is:
    Companions for building restrictions.
    Vangaurds for extra powers. Incidentally, Hanna is coming up in a few weeks.
    Choosing a vanguard might be fun, but that would probably require everyone to read 107 cards, which feels like about 80 too many.
    Pauper alikes: Royalty (play only rares/mythics +basics), Centre Lane (play only uncommons + basics).

Some other not-necessarily-good ideas that might spark better ideas.
    About Face: Power and toughness are switched. (Maybe also creatures with p=t are banned.)
    Anti-medallion: Spells cost 1 more. (aka Sphere of Resistence).
    Greener Pastures, Antagonism, Impatience, Ley Line, Temporal Distortion, Umbilicus, Upwelling are each effects that could make for interesting rounds.
    Braids, Conjurer Adept would be interesting, but might be too powerful. Maybe as a one-time effect.
    The Déjà Vu round but with Leyline of the Void banned.

I think conspiracies are the better version of vanguards, but definitely way more broken.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I think conspiracies are the better version of vanguards, but definitely way more broken.
    I need to read up on those Conspiracies. I have zero experience with those.

Also, deadline's in about 24 hours, and I'm at 4 entries. Don't miss out!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and I'm missing one of the regulars.
    I'll give you a few more hours as I do some stuff for work. Don't wait too long!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I have everybody, and as far as I can tell, all decks lose 6-0 to the Crow and Pegasus, so let's go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 8 OF SEASON 6: Storm Season

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Brass, Quicksand, Pharika's Chosen, Corrupt Court Official
    2. FTW: Sejiri Refuge, Karakas, Invisible Stalker, Island Sanctuary
    3. Wrath of Pie: Faerie Conclave, Azorius Chancery, Dust Bowl, Ghostly Prison
    4. Tylert: Swamp, Fetid imp, Quicksand, Quicksand
    5. alphastryk: Forest, Karakas, Helix Pinnacle, Island Sanctuary
    6. Moosedog: Bojuka bog, Fountain of cho, Chronomaton, Celestial force
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Drifter il-Dal, Sea's Claim, Force of Negation
    8. silkster: Calciform Pools, Saltcrusted Steppe, Meteor Golem, Empyrial Archangel
    9. H: Forest, Forest, Thallid Shell-Dweller, Thallid Shell-Dweller

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 8:

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Brass, Quicksand, Pharika's Chosen, Corrupt Court Official
    That's me. The official can make the storm season deck discard the Crow, but the Pegasus wins the race.
    2. FTW: Sejiri Refuge, Karakas, Invisible Stalker, Island Sanctuary
    EDIT: both OTP and OTD I can make you discard one of the cards, so we draw both. 2-2
    3. Wrath of Pie: Faerie Conclave, Azorius Chancery, Dust Bowl, Ghostly Prison
    You discard Dust Bowl, and your deck still functions, albeit a tad slowly. 0-6
    4. Tylert: Swamp, Fetid imp, Quicksand, Quicksand
    You discard one Quicksand, use the other to kill my Chosen and your Imp wins the race because I hurt myself today (City of Brass). 0-6
    5. alphastryk: Forest, Karakas, Helix Pinnacle, Island Sanctuary
    OTP I can make you discard either Pinnacle or Sanctuary. You'll pick Pinnacle and take the draw. OTD you drop them all. 1-4
    6. Moosedog: Bojuka bog, Fountain of cho, Chronomaton, Celestial force
    I make you discard the force, but Chrono grows. I can use Chosen to defend, but then I can't attack so we draw twice?
    Or spielmeister FTW finds a line that makes your deck beat the crow&peg, invalidating the above and giving me a free win? 6-0 for now.
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Drifter il-Dal, Sea's Claim, Force of Negation
    You have to play Claim before Drifter if you want to win, but I keep back Quicksand until you use up Claim. So I guess I open with Chosen, and whatever you do, Chosen wins it? 6-0
    8. silkster: Calciform Pools, Saltcrusted Steppe, Meteor Golem, Empyrial Archangel
    If you discard Archangel, I can trade with the Golem for the draw. EDIT: Snakeyboi kills the Archangel, so that route is cut off. 2-2
    9. H: Forest, Forest, Thallid Shell-Dweller, Thallid Shell-Dweller
    You can block the CCO, so I only do 1 damage per turn. I'm pretty sure you can make a token before that becomes an issue. 0-6

Total: 17 points. Might be worse though. I'm not sure about a number of results. (Or better, if more decks turn out to be illegal (oops) or I miss more good things for myself.)

silk
    EDIT: As silk just mentioned, snakeyboi actually kills the Archangel, so he has to go for the drawing line.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-28-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Thread Information