Page 218 of 332 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

I'm posting this during a chess training. My trainer is unhappy.

DECKS FOR ROUND 12 OF SEASON 9: Deviant Legacy - Part 2

This round we play The Epic Round: All sorceries have Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.).
    NB: You copy the spell as it is cast. If it has an X, that X will be the same for the copies. Modes will the the same. If the spell was cast with kicker, the copies will be kicked as well. If the spell was targeted, you may choose new targets for the copies.

1. Asthereal (TO): Great Furnace, Kuldotha Rebirth, Pyrokinesis, Chancellor of the Forge
    2. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Empty the Warrens
    4. PJim: Sand Silos, Leyline of Sanctity, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Alrund's Epiphany
    5. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Dryad Arbor, Priest of Titania, Elvish Promenade
    6. Serguei: Mountain, Nivmagus Elemental, Chain Lightning, Leyline of Sanctity
    7. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Urza's Factory, Time Warp, Force of Negation
    8. alphastryk: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Torment of Hailfire
    9. H: Tropical Island, Lotus Petal, Force Spike, Crashing Footfalls
    10. Tylert: Volcanic island, Chain lightning, Force of negation, Sea's claim
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Simian Spirit-Guide, Sonic Seizure , Alms of the Vein
    12. maxx!: Blackcleave Cliffs, Chancellor of the Forge, Goblin Grenade, Vicious Rumors
    13. silkster: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Force of Negation, Energy Field
    14. FTW: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Misthollow Griffin, Talrand's Invocation

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I'm posting this during a chess training. My trainer is unhappy.
    Thanks for taking the time to post this in your busy day.
    Do you play a lot of chess? What's your rating?

This round we play The Epic Round: All sorceries have Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.).
    NB: You copy the spell as it is cast. If it has an X, that X will be the same for the copies. Modes will the the same. If the spell was cast with kicker, the copies will be kicked as well. If the spell was targeted, you may choose new targets for the copies.
    GoblinSmashmaster might have just invented the real "Epic Storm". As far as I can read the rules, each storm copy of Empty the Warrens gains Epic so all copies would be cast each upkeep. I'll calculate my matchup assuming that.

I thought it would be hilarious to play burn in 4cb. I also expected everyone to play interactive decks so I hoped to beat 1 threat sphere, Fon and tabernacle rather than the leyline of sanctity and the mirror. Of course this round more people just plays the meta instead of the anti meta decks.

1. Asthereal (TO): Great Furnace, Kuldotha Rebirth, Pyrokinesis, Chancellor of the Forge
    I have a 6 turn goldfish and you can only do 35 by t5. WL 3-3

2. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls
    Not respecting tabernacle gives you more power. LL 0-6.

Not respecting tabernacle gives you more power LL 0-6

4. PJim: Sand Silos, Leyline of Sanctity, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Alrund's Epiphany
    Leyline AND tabernacle. That’s an awesome deck. LL 0-6.

5. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Dryad Arbor, Priest of Titania, Elvish Promenade
    I can always kill your dryad if you commit before me. If I go off on your endstep I get a one turn head start. I don’t think you can do 38 damage in 5 turns. WW 6-0

I kill your elemental. DD 2-2
    Edit: but you can still burn me out duh. If only I ran badlands! LL 0-6

Isn’t time warp banned?
    Edit: I think I’m confused. You have an untapped cove with 4 counters and a factory on t6. WL 3-3.

Not respecting fon gives you more power. 0-6

Force spike seems slow... WL 3-3

You can’t fon this. WW 6-0

12. maxx!: Blackcleave Cliffs, Chancellor of the Forge, Goblin Grenade, Vicious Rumors
    Madness > rumours even with a 6 life head start. WW 6-0.

Can’t fon this or prevent loss of life. WW 6-0

14. FTW: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Misthollow Griffin, Talrand's Invocation
    Can’t fon this. WW 6-0.

13 W 2 D 11 L for 41/78

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post this in your busy day.
    Do you play a lot of chess? What's your rating?
    I do. I've been playing for over 25 years now. I'm stuck at 1800.

GoblinSmashmaster might have just invented the real "Epic Storm". As far as I can read the rules, each storm copy of Empty the Warrens gains Epic so all copies would be cast each upkeep. I'll calculate my matchup assuming that.
    I think with "Epic" you don't cast the spell, so I don't think Storm will trigger for the copies. Am I wrong in my judgement?
    EDIT: Not that it matters, because it'll be the first spell he plays during his next upkeep anyway. Wow, I should focus on my training...

Sep 2011

I made a last minute switch from Alrund's Epiphany to Invocation, because I thought earlier blockers would matter more than the infinite turn cheese. Let's see

1. Asthereal (TO): Force beats Rebirth, leaving you with a 20 turn clock. On T6 I cast Invocation. You can Pyrokinesis the first 2 tokens, but the next ones kill you. WW 6-0
    2. dte: Nice instant speed trick playing around FoN, Meddling Mage and Spheres. Rhinos kill me. LL 0-6
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: You make tokens much faster than me, so I have to Force your Ritual. WW 6-0
    4. PJim: You don't have much of a clock, so I start building up to 14 mana. If you cast Epiphany, I Force it pitching Invocation. Otherwise I eventually cast Griffin with 10 storage counters still on my land, so I can pay for Tabernacle each upkeep. WW 6-0
    5. jhhdk: I Force your Promenade and then generate more aggro power than you. WW 6-0
    6. Serguei: I almost played this with FoN as the 4th card instead of Leyline. You play T1 Nivmagus. If you T2 Chain Lightning, I Force it, then you exile it in response to grow to 3/4. You get me down to 5 on your play but by T6 I have 2 2/2s to block and then it just gets worse for you after. WW 6-0
    7. Wrath of Pie: I don't think I can race T9 Time Warp with FoN backup. LL 0-6
    8. alphastryk: I Force your Torment. WW 6-0
    9. H: Due to suspend I can see Footfalls coming. By the time it resolves I can Force and produce an extra U to play around Force Spike. Eventually Griffin gets there. WW 6-0
    10. Tylert: I can't stop both Sea's Claim and Chain Lightning, so I let you kill my land and Force the Chain. DD 2-2
    11. Reeplcheep: Another nice instant speed enabler I can't stop. My T6 tokens are too slow. LL 0-6
    12. maxx!: You Vicious Rumors me to attack my hand. I have to Force it. Then Grenade races me. LL 0-6
    13. silkster: If you play Energy Field, I Force it pitching Griffin and then win with Talrand. If you save Force+Energy Field for Talrand, then I play T6 Griffin. I'm too slow to race so we stare. DD 2-2

46 points (14 wins, 4 draws, 8 loss)

Sep 2011

I think with "Epic" you don't cast the spell, so I don't think Storm will trigger for the copies. Am I wrong in my judgement?
    EDIT: Not that it matters, because it'll be the first spell he plays during his next upkeep anyway. Wow, I should focus on my training...
    Storm doesn't trigger for the Epic copies on upkeep (no spells cast). But Epic should trigger for each of the 4 storm copies from T1, since each one is a sorcery and all sorceries have Epic.

So there should be 4 delayed triggers to create Epic copies every turn, instead of the usual 1, and they don't override each other since it's not casting a spell. I don't know if this rules interaction has ever come up in Magic before because cards don't normally grant other cards "Epic" or "Storm". That seems like how they would interact though, based on the wording.

If so, that would be 8 goblins per turn. Otherwise it's 8 goblins on turn 1 and then 2 more each other turn.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Storm doesn't trigger for the Epic copies on upkeep (no spells cast). But Epic should trigger for each of the 4 storm copies from T1, since each one is a sorcery and all sorceries have Epic.

So there should be 4 delayed triggers to create Epic copies every turn, instead of the usual 1, and they don't override each other since it's not casting a spell. I don't know if this rules interaction has ever come up in Magic before because cards don't normally grant other cards "Epic" or "Storm". That seems like how they would interact though, based on the wording.

If so, that would be 8 goblins per turn. Otherwise it's 8 goblins on turn 1 and then 2 more each other turn.
    This makes sense to me, as every storm copy would have Epic, so they would be copied again each turn but not re-trigger storm, resulting in 8 goblins every turn.

Me: silkster: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Force of Negation, Energy Field

You hold off on Rebirth, so I have to hole up, and I can't attack.
    DD, 2 points

This was my deck of choice at the starts of the season, then I found LED decks, then I went back to this one, then I metagamed against it instead.
    WW, 6 points

Counter on Ritual is good.
    WW 6 points

I had a few Tabernacle and Sanctity decks in my gauntlet, so I knew to play around them.
    WW, 6 points

Fly over while invincible.
    WW, 6 points

I can fly over with shields up.
    WW, 6 points

Our Forces make out spells irrelevant, but Nexus closes the game out faster.
    WW, 6 points

Dang, I just saw FTW's writeup and I started to reply that Force isn't backup, but it is. It's backup on turn 9, which is fast enough. This means that I go for Energy Field. If you counter it, you lose the race, so you let it go and your infinite army of factory workers sit around confused as to why they're not doing damage.
    DD, 2 points

Double edit: Can't keep choosing to take turns without doing anything with them, so I eventually get to fly over.
    WW, 6 points

I saw Torment of Hailfire very late and was quite amused by it, but single sorcery decks all fall to Force of Negation.
    WW, 6 points

I know in advance when Footfalls will be cast, so I can just not attack on that one turn.
    WW, 6 points

Hmm, not sure about this one. I can counter Chain, so you can't kill me. You can Claim Nexus, and if I Force it then Chain is faster than Nexus, so I can't Force it.
    DD, 2 points

Wow. That is a great way to get around Force of Negation. I tried so hard, but couldn't find a decent way to do it. See below.
    LL

Interesting way around Force of Negation as well!
    On my play, I just race with Nexus. If you cast either sorcery, then I let it happen and can now safely cast Energy Field either because you can't cast Vicious Rumors any more or because I've already discarded Force of Negation.
    On the draw, leading on Rumors will get both of my spells regardless of whether I counter it. If I counter it, I die to Grenades. If I let it go, you deal 2 damage per turn starting turn 1, and I deal 1 infect per turn starting turn 2, so I'm two turns behind.
    WL, 3 points

I can't beat the Griffin, but I can apply 4 poison before you land Griffin on turn 6, so you can't get 7 attacks in.
    DD,
    2 points

17W, 6D, 3L for 57.

I've been brainstorming this round on and off since the beginning and I had some really fun ideas.
    My first thought was Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls. I loved that this played around Force of Negation.
    The I discovered the insanity that is LED + LED +LED + From Under the Floorboards. At the time, I didn't realize that X would be fixed, so I then thought one LED with Flooboards was enough, and I started looking for ways to round out that deck, thinking that I would get 3 per turn. LED got banned long before I made any real progress on the last two cards other than stuff like Force or Leyline of Sanctity.

My next thought was Savannah,Helix Pinnacle, Leyline of Sanctity, with the epic all-star Empty City Ruse. I really wanted to play this, but it lost to Force of Negation, and I thought there would be many Forces.

I found Swamp, Dark Ritual, Collective Brutality, Alms of the Vein, for the awesome style points of getting two epic spells going at once, but it still loses to Force on the Ritual.

When I learned that the copies are exactly the same, I looked at Plains, Simian Spirit Guide, Lava Spike, Spiritual Visit, which is hilarious but still loses to Force.
    To beat Force, I found Swamp, Bump in the Night, Bump in the Night + something, but this loses to rhinos, to Leyline, to 2x Ritual with Under the Floorboards. Goblin Grenade + Vicious Rumors is nice because it fights around Force and the variety means that it can also fight a wider variety of other decks.

I looked for other cards to cheat out with Electrodominance, but you can't quickly get more than 2 mana for it and Footfalls is all there is at 0-cmc. I now realize that I missed Sandstone Needle + creature threat + ElectroFootfalls. That might have been good.

I feel like I was so close to Sonic Seizure + Alms of the Vein. Though I might be glad that I couldn't find it because it would have made my choice even harder.
    Last edited by silkster; 04-09-2021 at 02:03 AM.

1. Asthereal (TO): Great Furnace, Kuldotha Rebirth, Pyrokinesis, Chancellor of the Forge WW
    2. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls LL - That's one way to get around Force of Negation.
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Empty the Warrens WW - I'm glad you got to smash with Goblins for once.
    4. PJim: Sand Silos, Leyline of Sanctity, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Alrund's Epiphany WW
    5. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Dryad Arbor, Priest of Titania, Elvish Promenade WW
    6. Serguei: Mountain, Nivmagus Elemental, Chain Lightning, Leyline of Sanctity LL - Who know 3/4 beatdown was so good?
    8. alphastryk: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Torment of Hailfire WW
    9. H: Tropical Island, Lotus Petal, Force Spike, Crashing Footfalls WW
    10. Tylert: Volcanic island, Chain lightning, Force of negation, Sea's claim DD
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Simian Spirit-Guide, Sonic Seizure , Alms of the Vein WL - Instant sorceries seem to be a theme for the round.
    12. maxx!: Blackcleave Cliffs, Chancellor of the Forge, Goblin Grenade, Vicious Rumors LL
    13. silkster: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Force of Negation, Energy Field LL - I get to take all the turns to ponder why I can't ever beat Energy Field, but eventually I have to let you kill me because Time Warp targets a player, so I have to break the loop.
    14. FTW: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Misthollow Griffin, Talrand's Invocation WW

15w2d = 47 points

I started off on the assumption that Misguided Rage existing means that you either have to be on a turn 1 strategy (token-producing sorceries count) or be on Force of Negation. (Leyline of Sanctity is better in practice than in reality, because Tyrant's Choice kills quickly and doesn't care.) Once I was on Force of Negation, the best option was to go for the cheapest effective legal Time Walk effect (Savor the Moment doesn't count for my gameplan, so five mana it was) and take all the turns. Urza's Factory was the only real win condition of choice once I decided to go this route.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 04-08-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I went through a few iterations (and illegal deck submissions, huge thanks to Asthereal for responding quickly to point those out) , but ultimately decided I was OK losing to FoN but not to Leyline of Sanctity, and once I understood how we were handling Epic for x spells, Torment of Hailfire seemed like it would grind out a lot of the other decks using the round rules, while winning on my turn 3. In retrospect, I am not great vs fast tokens (which I assumed would be played less due to Tabernacle). Lets see how it goes

You make 4 goblins on turn 1, and 3 goblins every following turn. Your 3 goblins per turn defeats my Hailfire. LL

0-6

You make 2 4/4s as soon as the game starts, and then another 2 4/4s on each of your turns - this actually means you go faster on the draw which is entertaining. I I can't win this race or grind you out. LL

0-6

I can't win this race or grind you out. LL

0-6

Tabernacle and Leyline don't stop me but they can be used as discard options to prevent 6 lifeless from Hailfire. However, that still means I win on my turn 3. WW

6-0

Your exponential token generation doesn't get going until your turn 3, and by then it's too late to race the Hailfire. (Dryad Arbor being a land means you only have the Leyline as a spare permanent to sacrifice) WW

6-0

Nivmagus is clever alternate way to use the Epic round rule. However, its just too slow. WW

6-0

FoN. LL

0-6

Me

OTP: I make Hailfire for 3 before you have Force Spike up, and I have a Swamp to pay for any future Spike. W
    OTD: Because you both slow me down and shrink Hailfire, this is a race:
    h t1: suspend Footfalls (4), leave up Spike.
    a t1: Swamp, Ritual <- gets Spiked as Spike becomes dead after this
    h t2: Footfalls (3)
    a t2: Ritual, Hailfire for 1. a: 20, h: 17
    h t3: Footfalls (2)
    a t3: Epic Hailfire for 1. a: 20, h: 14
    h t4: Footfalls (1)
    a t4: Epic Hailfire for 1. a: 20, h: 11
    h t5: Footfalls, make 2 4/4s.
    a t5: Epic Hailfire for 1. Take it to keep both 4/4s a: 20, h: 8
    h t5: Epic Footfalls, make another 2 4/4s. Attack for 8. a: 12, h: 8
    From here, you always have a spare pile of tokens to sacrifice to Hailfire. L

3-3

FoN. LL

0-6

I win the race. WW

6-0

Vicious Rumors is cool! didn't know that card existed.
    OTP: Hailfire wins the race. W
    OTD: Rumors makes me discard a Ritual, so my Hailfire for 1 loses the race against Rumors + the Goblin. L

3-3

FoN. LL

0-6

FoN. LL

0-6

Total: 30 points.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

LOL oh crap. The copies have Epic as well. That I did not see coming...

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

15w4d = 49 points

I started off on the assumption that Misguided Rage existing means that you either have to be on a turn 1 strategy (token-producing sorceries count) or be on Force of Negation. (Leyline of Sanctity is better in practice than in reality, because Tyrant's Choice kills quickly and doesn't care.) Once I was on Force of Negation, the best option was to go for the cheapest effective legal Time Walk effect (Savor the Moment doesn't count for my gameplan, so five mana it was) and take all the turns. Urza's Factory was the only real win condition of choice once I decided to go this route.
    Nice build!

I couldn't decide on my last card between: Time Warp, Alrund's Epiphany, Talrand's Invocation

Time Warp comes online the earliest on paper, but just leads to a draw (edit: or forces me to break the loop) unless I wait 4 more turns to cast Griffin first. Alrund's comes with a built-in resilient win condition but is much slower (turn 9), which gets raced by a simple Chronomaton OTD. Using a land to make tokens is good tech! All of them would have lost to dte, Reeplcheep and maxx! either way. Alrund's would have won vs silkster and drawn vs Wrath, but is too slow vs Nivmagus.
    Last edited by FTW; 04-08-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I feel like I was so close to Sonic Seizure + Alms of the Vein. Though I might be glad that I couldn't find it because it would have made my choice even harder.
    I feel like this is the third time that someone thought my deck was better but I get less points.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

13. silkster: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Force of Negation, Energy Field DD - I get to take all the turns to ponder why I can't ever beat Energy Field. (Unless somehow this ties in to loop rules, then I regret playing the targeting Time Warp and lose.)
    Oh, that's really interesting. I've thought about this in different scenarios in 4CB like a 1/1 lifelink versus Energy Field + Scalding Tongs. In that case, you're making your attack and then passing the turn back, so I had thought that game is actually a draw, but now I'm wondering. In normal magic, I know I've worried about losing Lantern vs UW control matchups where I have Bridge and Academy Ruins to rebuy Lanterns each turn but my opponent has Gideon of the Trials emblem, and I'm eventually forced to make a different decision. Infinite turns without giving me a chance to play sounds like a loop that you're not allowed to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I feel like this is the third time that people thought my deck was better but I get less points.
    It definitely happens a lot. I'm excited by this deck because I looked so hard for it and couldn't find it.

I was torn between this very defensive deck, and a turn 3 win (Either Alrund's Ephiphany + City of Traitors, or Scalding Tongs + Savor the Moment). Looks like I probably made the right choice.

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Great Furnace, Kuldotha Rebirth, Pyrokinesis, Chancellor of the Forge / 6-0, Tabernacle ensures there's plenty of time for Epiphany.
    2. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls / 6-0, Tabernacle
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Empty the Warrens / 6-0, Tabernacle
    5. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Dryad Arbor, Priest of Titania, Elvish Promenade / 6-0, Tabernacle locks down Dryad Arbor enough to prevent Priest from landing, even with the Leyline.
    6. Serguei: Mountain, Nivmagus Elemental, Chain Lightning, Leyline of Sanctity / 6-0, Tabernacle means choosing between Elemental and Lightning, so I've got time for an Epiphany.
    7. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Urza's Factory, Time Warp, Force of Negation / 0-6, I've got nothing against Force.
    8. alphastryk: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Torment of Hailfire / 0-6, 'Each opponent' is a problem.
    9. H: Tropical Island, Lotus Petal, Force Spike, Crashing Footfalls / 3-3, Edit: Looks like first player wins race with FTW's note.
    10. Tylert: Volcanic island, Chain lightning, Force of negation, Sea's claim / 2-2, Leyline covers me, either blue card covers you.
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Simian Spirit-Guide, Sonic Seizure , Alms of the Vein / 6-0, Leyline
    12. maxx!: Blackcleave Cliffs, Chancellor of the Forge, Goblin Grenade, Vicious Rumors / 0-6, Vicious Rumors gets me.
    13. silkster: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Force of Negation, Energy Field / 0-6, Can't beat Force
    14. FTW: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Misthollow Griffin, Talrand's Invocation / 0-6, Your line with hardcasting Griffin makes sense.

Totals 41 points.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "The Epic Storm!"

Goblin smash! 6-0

Crash of Rhinos 2-2

That's me, finally smashing with Goblins!

Tabernacle :( 0-6

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash! 6-0

You use the Force :( 0-6

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash, then Force 4-1

You use the Force 2-2

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash, then Rumors 3-3

You use the Force 0-6

You use the Force 0-6

Total: 41 points
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 04-08-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Oh, that's really interesting. I've thought about this in different scenarios in 4CB like a 1/1 lifelink versus Energy Field + Scalding Tongs. In that case, you're making your attack and then passing the turn back, so I had thought that game is actually a draw, but now I'm wondering. In normal magic, I know I've worried about losing Lantern vs UW control matchups where I have Bridge and Academy Ruins to rebuy Lanterns each turn but my opponent has Gideon of the Trials emblem, and I'm eventually forced to make a different decision. Infinite turns without giving me a chance to play sounds like a loop that you're not allowed to continue.
    The question is whether or not activating Factory/Cove are relevant game actions. (Probably not, but I am not a judge.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "The Epic Storm!"

Goblin stare 2-2
    If dte stares you eventually go wide enough to one-shot him. Technically the rhinos have to charge to their deaths in a cloud of goblins every turn for eternity...

maxx!: Blackcleave Cliffs, Chancellor of the Forge, Goblin Grenade, Vicious Rumors

Pyrokinesis means I can't Grenade you, and Vicious Rumors isn't fast enough to race Rebirth. 0-6

I can't race this, and instant speed beats Vicious Rumors. 0-6

OTP I can Rumors to break up your 4 card combo. OTD you're too fast. 3-3

Vicious Rumors doesn't target, and it should cause you to discard Alrund's Epiphany before you can cast it. 6-0

Grenade picks off your creatures before you can cast Promenade, then kills you. 6-0

Leyline means I can't Grenade you, and Chain Lightning races me. 0-6

I start with Vicious Rumors. If you counter it, I cast Grenade and race you. If you let it happen, you still lose both your blue cards before you can Time Warp, and my 1/1 plus Rumors will get you so low by the time you can make a 2/2 that you'll lose the race. 6-0

OTP I can Vicious Rumors you and attack with my 1/1. You pitch 1 Dark Rit, and then you can Torment me for X=1. I deal 2 every turn and gain 1 life, and you deal 3 to me, so the race should be even except I go first. I can also blank 2 copies by discarding Chancellor and Grenade, and sac my Goblin if necessary. Pretty sure I win this race. OTD I get Tormented for X=3. I try to race with Grenade. I can block 9 damage by discarding Chancellor, Rumors, and saccing Goblin, but you still win the race by a turn. 3-3

OTP Goblin Grenade should race you. OTD you can always counter Grenade, so I have to try to race with Rumors, and that's not enough. 3-3

I can't beat this. You can counter Goblin Grenade, and Chain Lightning races Rumors as long as you take a turn to kill my 1/1. 0-6

Grenade doesn't win this race. OTP I can try Rumors, which will cut you off Seizure and let my Goblin live through the game. But you just play your Swamp and then Madness Alms off my second Rumors, and that'll race me. 0-6

This is me : ]

OTP Rumors races Inkmoth and discards Energy Field before you can play it, and if you counter it then Grenades will race you even faster. OTD I can't stop Energy Field. 3-3

Rumors discards all your business before you can afford it, so you have to counter it, then Grenades race you. 6-0

0+0+3+6+6+0+6+3+3+0+0+3+6 = 36

I really struggled with this round. I expected Sphere of Resistance to make another appearance (and Meddling Mage), so it's interesting that they didn't. I wanted to play something that didn't auto-lose to FoN or Leyline of Sanctity. I missed the Electrodominance strat with Crashing Footfalls (or rather, I missed that Electro can play around FoN), so I felt like I needed multiple threats. I was on Kuldotha Rebirth for a long time, but got scared of Tabernacle at the last minute.

Feb 2014

I can cast electro/footfalls at my first opponent's upkeep, targeting myself, to get around leyline and FoN.

6-0.

0-6. 8 tokens T1, then 2 per turn would be too slow. But 8 gobs per turn means you get as much power as me, but across several bodies.

2-2, the rhinos have trample, I should read the cards I play (turns out for the better for me though) --> +2

0-6. I thought there wouldn't be too many tabernacle, as I thought it wouldn't be good vs most deck.

6-0. I'm faster

6-0. Way faster.

6-0. Playing around FoN was good.

6-0. I am faster.

6-0. Exactly 4 turns faster :) My other footfalls deck was also counter footfalls, with FoN and Disrupting shoal. It would have done actually just slightly better than the all-in version I played, but I got scared by Meddling mage, whom sawed no play :/

6-0. Fast again

6-0. I am just exactly faster (OTD or OTD, it's exactly the same, it goes T1 23-14, 15-14, 18-8, 2-8, 5-2, win)

6-0. I am still faster.

0-6. Energy field gets me.

6-0, Me faster and around FoN.

So the control version of footfalls would have done slightly better, but not much difference. But I would have played it if I had realized about the Epic and storm combination!
    I think this round was fun, and there were plenty of different strategies, much more than usual. Actually there isn't even 2 decks that are on the same, so 14 different approaches!

Edit: so 62 with the +2 from 2-2 vs empty the warrens deck.
    Last edited by dte; 04-09-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Thread Information