Page 217 of 332 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Hey guys, belated happy Easter. I had a good time, but spent none on 4CB.
    And so I decided to give you guys a day extra for next round.
    I'll check scores for last round soon, and post results, but before that, let's get round 12 going.

ROUND 12 OF SEASON 9: DEVIANT LEGACY - PART 2 has started.

This round we play The Epic Round: All sorceries have Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.).
    NB: You copy the spell as it is cast. If it has an X, that X will be the same for the copies. Modes will the the same. If the spell was cast with kicker, the copies will be kicked as well. If the spell was targeted, you may choose new targets for the copies.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 12, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Thursday the 8th of April at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Wednesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Dauthi Slayer, Death Stroke.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S09R12 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I've been watching this thread off and on for what feels like years. I don't have time to play it, but it truly is a sick concept - thanks for keeping it going. I have fun just watching!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It has been a little over two years now, and we're still going strong. I'm quite proud of that.
    Glad to see others are enjoying reading about it as well!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Me: silkster: Chancellor of the Tangle, Vine Dryad, Metamorphosis, Voidstone Gargoyle

---

Thanks. I've been trying to play this deck since Round 1 of Pauper, but someone had to go and get Skyshroud Cutter banned before this deck was good enough. I looked for a while, and I didn't see anything better than this. It's a little restricted by the fact that you only get one colour of mana. My default plan was to look for something that discards since I don't mind it being symmetric, but there really wasn't much.
    I also think it was a beautiful deck!
    Small curiosity, what was the reasoning for not playing it for the Turtle-up?
    I think it would have done really well there.

*Speaking of which, I thought I had the best possible deck for next round, but then I found one that beat it and one that beat that and now I'm at rock-paper-scissors of what feels like 3 really broken decks, but they all clearly have their vulnerabilities and I have no idea what anyone else wants to play, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I have a bit the same, quite excited for the epic round (deck already submitted, so just excited to see how it goes). I was balancing between 5 "broken" decks, in a weird circle of MUs, but anyway finding one is good enough :)

I definitely thought that Energy Field would be a player this round. If I had been planning to play approximately this deck, I definitely would have played the Piranha Marsh.
    I do not think Energy field could have been good, especially with the curio being a token and not an emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    It has been a little over two years now, and we're still going strong. I'm quite proud of that.
    Glad to see others are enjoying reading about it as well!
    You've got good reasons to be proud, I think you are doing a very great work here, thank you very much for it!

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I also think it was a beautiful deck!
    Small curiosity, what was the reasoning for not playing it for the Turtle-up?
    I think it would have done really well there.
    Thanks for the compliment, and to Wrath of Pie too! I've always liked making use of bad cards, so I made a cube specifically for "mindmaster" when I first heard about it. (Mindmaster is open a pack, it's your hand, and you can play basics from outside the game). So we'd draft 15 cards, and even when your second last pick is between two truly terrible cards, they still make the cut, and there's a reasonable chance you'd cast them. Also, you always have the perfect curve, so tempo is important. It's full of weird ways to get mana, like Skyshroud Cutter, Dross Golem, Scornful Egotist, with Metamorphosis, Energy Tap, Burnt Offering, Food Chain, and other tempo stuff like suspend cards and sol lands. And tempo cards like Mana Chains and Paralyze and Brainwash though I don't think I own Oppressive Rays, and lots of cards that have interesting uses but aren't generally even worth a card like Shields of Velis Vel and Paradox Haze and Valor Made Real (pretty good with Sabre Ants or Mogg Maniac). All that is to say that I love these stupid cards. (I know, I know, Food Chain is a real card.)

For the Turtle-Up round, I thought that Meddling Mage would be both popular and on everyone's radar, so I thought that many people would just play two different removal spells. I had Voidstone Gargoyle on my list that week, but it was a storage land deck with two removal spells so I wouldn't get locked out by Meddling Mage. That deck had almost the same same matchups as what I did play, though my decision was very last-minute and I underestimated how slow it would be against general "other" decks. I also missed Infect and Pact of the Titan, and I underestimated how many people would play fast decks that lose to Sphere of Resistance. I had too many choices and couldn't decide. In the Bouncy round, I didn't have the opportunity to outthink myself.

Voidstone Gargoyle is legit, it just never gets a chance to shine.

Feb 2014

(Mindmaster is open a pack, it's your hand, and you can play basics from outside the game). So we'd draft 15 cards, and even when your second last pick is between two truly terrible cards, they still make the cut, and there's a reasonable chance you'd cast them. Also, you always have the perfect curve, so tempo is important. It's full of weird ways to get mana, like Skyshroud Cutter, Dross Golem, Scornful Egotist, with Metamorphosis, Energy Tap, Burnt Offering, Food Chain, and other tempo stuff like suspend cards and sol lands.
    I'm glad that I asked, because I will definitely try that, it sounds like a lot of fun :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Standings for round 11:
    1. silkster: 57 - 4,4
    2. dte: 52 - 4
    3. Wrath of Pie: 50 - 3,8
    4. maxx!: 49 - 3,8
    5. Tylert: 48 - 3,7
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: 40 - 3,1
    6. Reeplcheep: 40 - 3,1
    8. Asthereal (TO): 39 - 3
    8. PJim: 39 - 3
    10. H: 27 - 2,1
    11. FTW: 26 - 2
    12. jhhdk: 22 - 1,7
    13. Serguei: 21 - 1,6
    14. alphastryk: 16 - 1,2

Which leads to these standings for the season:
    1. dte: 44,4
    2. FTW: 41,3
    3. Tylert: 38
    4. Serguei: 36,1
    5. maxx!: 36
    6. Wrath of Pie: 35,7
    7. Asthereal (TO): 31,2
    8. silkster: 30,4
    9. Reeplcheep: 30,3
    10. H: 24,1
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 23,1
    12. jhhdk: 20,4
    13. alphastryk: 16,7
    14. PJim: 3

So silk takes the round, and dte's second place allow his to jump away from the competition a bit.
    Our new player PJim puts down a very respectable score too. We'll watch your career with great interest. ^^

For next round: do check the banned list before PM'ing your deck. I caught two illegal decks already.
    About 14 hours until the deadline, so there's still time to make sure you don't accidentally send a 3CB deck.

Let me guess, people are trying to submit Chain of Smog.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Let me guess, people are trying to submit Chain of Smog.
    Nope. LED and Leyline of Anticipation. Which would both be great this round, admittedly.

Nope. LED and Leyline of Anticipation. Which would both be great this round, admittedly.
    I was going to guess the newly banned LED. When we banned it, my first thought was that I needed to find a new Epic deck.

Feb 2014

Side question, how did leyline of anticipation end up on the banlist?
    Was it before FoW was ban?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Side question, how did leyline of anticipation end up on the banlist?
    Was it before FoW was ban?
    It was broken with a lot of T1 decks that have since been banned. In Deviant, it also devolves too many of the formats into T0 formats (some still are, but they have to play specifically T0 cards while Leyline makes anything a T0 card). Maybe it would be fair now though with the current bannings.

Edit: Even now, something like Leyline of Anticipation, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Meddling Mage/Thalia, Guardian of Thraben would shut down too many decks.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Even now, something like Leyline of Anticipation, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Meddling Mage/Thalia, Guardian of Thraben would shut down too many decks.
    Indeed, but would also lose to so many things... Looks like glass canon combo to me.
    But sure in plenty of deviant rounds leyline would be great.

Thanks for the explanation!

LED is probably to break Madness spells, right?

(I should also point out that this is a really good round to have Time Walk on the banlist.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    LED is probably to break Madness spells, right?

(I should also point out that this is a really good round to have Time Walk on the banlist.)
    And flashback, of course. And indeed Time Walk would be nuts this round.

Anyway, I seem to have entries by everybody, if I'm not mistaken.
    I'll post decks as soon as I find a gap, but work's rather busy, so it might be a while.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    It was broken with a lot of T1 decks that have since been banned. In Deviant, it also devolves too many of the formats into T0 formats (some still are, but they have to play specifically T0 cards while Leyline makes anything a T0 card). Maybe it would be fair now though with the current bannings.

Edit: Even now, something like Leyline of Anticipation, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Meddling Mage/Thalia, Guardian of Thraben would shut down too many decks.
    I may or may not have tried to submit something exactly like that - forgot we banned that Leyline but it definitely should be banned.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

My deck is so bad, I honestly have completely forgotten what I submitted. I'm trusting that repression knows best in this case, .
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I think we're in for a lot of draws for this round :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I think we're in for a lot of draws for this round :)
    I expect a lot more WL results honestly, but we'll have to see what all people came up with and how much the round rule gets used.

I expect a bunch of 0-6 and 6-0s as people play the fon/tabernacle/leyline of sanctity roulette.

I sent in my deck late at night again, so it's probably bad. This round seemed to have so many directions to go, and everything was really easy to hard counter if you knew what to prep against.

Fortunately for me, I noticed the {X} in Bond of Agony's mana cost before I sent it in.

Thread Information