Page 31 of 332 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

5. Whoshim: Chancellor of the Forge, Dodecapod, Faerie Macabre, Gut Shot

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Mental Misstep 0-6

2. Wrath of Pie: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Cenn's Tactician, Tethered Griffin 0-6 The Griffin is enough to win.

3. FTW: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton 0-6 You hold Leyline and Force my Gut Shot. You win with Chronomaton.

4. alvoi: Memnite, Snow-Covered Swamp, Dark Ritual, Trinisphere EDIT: I win, since I can Gut Shot the Memnite before Trinisphere comes down. 6-0

6. Tylert: City of traitors, Phyrexian revoker, Sphere of resistance, chronomaton 0-6 Sphere is enough to get me.

7. H: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Judge's Familiar, Island 2-2 Our 1/1s make draws.

8. apple713: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer 2-2

Well, I guessed there would be decks that featured discarding and the graveyard a bit more this week. My guess was very wrong. :D I didn't even manage one win. EDIT: I was able to WW against alvoi.
    Last edited by Whoshim; 04-05-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO) *Saprazzan Cove,*Misthollow Griffin,*Force of Will,*Mental Misstep
    Force my overseer to take the draw. If you don't you'll lose the race.
    I thought you could cast Scepter first and force me to Force it.
    But perhaps I can let it resolve and just not play anything and sit on FoW.
    I guess you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

Last minute deck submission, had a feeling this might happen. Well, if TylerT is right, I did get perfect draws. I thought I would lose to Sphere, but maybe not...
    But you still win one against alvoi, right?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    But you still win one against alvoi, right?
    Oh, yeah, I literally wrote that down and then forget by the end of the sentence. Man, I need to get my coffee here...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

FTW: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton

1. Asthereal (TO): If I Force your Mental Misstep, I get Forced back and lose to Griffin, so we just stop each other's threats and draw. DD 2-2.
    2. Wrath of Pie: We both reveal Leyline and draw. DD 2-2.
    3. FTW: Me
    4. alvoi: OTP I reveal Leyline and cast Chronomaton. OTD I don't reveal Leyline. If you cast 3sphere I Force it. Chrono beats Memnite. WW 6-0.
    5. Whoshim: I don't reveal Leyline and cast Chronomaton. If you Gut Shot, I Force it. Chrono beats the token. WW 6-0.
    6. Tylert: I reveal Leyline. Revoker can't name Karakas, so I lock you off creatures. OTP 1/1 Chrono gets there. OTD we draw. WD 4-1.
    7. H: I metagamed around Sea's Claim XD. OTP I don't reveal Leyline and cast Chrono. If you Force I Force back. Chrono beats either Sea's Claim or Familiar. OTD you get to lead with Familiar so the best I can do is draw. WD 4-1.
    8. apple713: I could also Force Scepter while Overseer and Chrono stare at each other. Neither can grow large enough to survive an attack into the other. DD 2-2.

Total = 26 points -- 6 wins, 8 draws, 0 losses

Edit: More wins than I thought.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    H: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Judge's Familiar, Island
    3. FTW: (Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton)
    I don't think, like above, Leyline is good in play here, so on the play, he would keep it in hand, I play Familiar. If he Forces, I can then Force his Chrono, if he doesn't, I can counter Chrono with Familar. I think this is two draws. 2-2 (6)

Perfect draws across the board? Nope, i rudely won one game it seems,
    Sorry to break your perfect record, but I win when I go first. See my post.

OTP I play Chronomaton. You Force it. I Force back. It resolves. Chronomaton beats whichever card you have left (either Sea's Claim or Judge's Familiar).

OTD you play Judge's Familiar first to get an extra counter. I play Chronomaton. You Force. I Force back. You sacrifice Familiar. We both have nothing left and draw.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Sorry to break your perfect record, but I win when I go first. See my post.

OTP I play Chronomaton. You Force it. I Force back. It resolves. Chronomaton beats whichever card you have left (either Sea's Claim or Judge's Familiar).

OTD you play Judge's Familiar first to get an extra counter. I play Chronomaton. You Force. I Force back. You sacrifice Familiar. We both have nothing left and draw.
    Ah, yeah, well, the ship actually sailed on that because I accidentally won a game vs. someone else,
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    3. FTW: OTP i cast sphere if you FoW it i win because i have two threats. if you let it resolve, it's a stand off. 1-4 --> 3
    1-4? How do I win when I go first?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose! Unfortunately I can't win much either.
    If preliminary scores are correct, it looks like you won enough to take the round.

Also, if preliminary scores are correct, it looks like Wrath of Pie snatches the season title one round early.

1-4? How do I win when I go first?
    FTW T1: Start with Leyline, cast Chrono.
    Tylert T1: Cast whatever.
    FTW T2: Bounce whatever, attack.
    He can only cast one threat at the time, and you can bounce one threat at the time.

Sep 2011

If preliminary scores are correct, it looks like you won enough to take the round.

He can only cast one threat at the time, and you can bounce one threat at the time.
    Right, I forgot just playing the 1/1 and bouncing everything is enough to win. Worked in previous rounds too.

I'm surprised but I guess most people ended up with a lot of draws.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I don't see how Sphere doesn't do anything OTD.

A: Cove (tapped)
    T: Sphere (resolves)
    A: Untap Cove, wait
    T: Cast Chrono, A responds by being annoyed?
    No counter on Cove yet means I don't have Sphere mana.

So I think I have to Force Sphere and we get the same standoff. If my calcs are correct.
    Yeah, i somehow thought that coves could generate mana without spending counters. so 2-2.

I am pretty tired here, so I may not be thinking clearly, but can't Revoker name Karakas to prevent the bouncing? Both players would then be able to get Chronos down, and Tylert has the Revoker. I don't know if it is enough to make Tylert win though.

Also, Tylert wins on the play, right? I think he missed that he can play his Chrono through his Sphere, but FTW cannot. If FTW Forces the Sphere, Tylert wins with 2 threats (I believe). If FTW lets it resolve, Tylert plays his Chrono and FTW plays nothing.

So I think Tylert gets a win on the play, and maybe on the draw.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    I am pretty tired here, so I may not be thinking clearly, but can't Revoker name Karakas to prevent the bouncing? Both players would then be able to get Chronos down, and Tylert has the Revoker. I don't know if it is enough to make Tylert win though.

Also, Tylert wins on the play, right? I think he missed that he can play his Chrono through his Sphere, but FTW cannot. If FTW Forces the Sphere, Tylert wins with 2 threats (I believe). If FTW lets it resolve, Tylert plays his Chrono and FTW plays nothing.

Yeah, you might be a tad tired. Revoker says "name a nonland card".

And letting Sphere resolve and just bouncing the dude every turn is somewhat strong.
    Note: Tylert cannot cast his Revoker through his own Sphere, so he has to choose between the two.
    No Sphere means FTW gets to cast his guy. But casting Sphere means Tylert has a threat less.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Yeah, you might be a tad tired. Revoker says "name a nonland card".

And letting Sphere resolve and just bouncing the dude every turn is somewhat strong.
    Note: Tylert cannot cast his Revoker through his own Sphere, so he has to choose between the two.
    No Sphere means FTW gets to cast his guy. But casting Sphere means Tylert has a threat less.
    i knew this non-bo would come back to me at some point :) that's why i played Pithing needle the previous round....

2. Wrath of Pie: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Cenn's Tactician, Tethered Griffin

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Mental Misstep DD
    3. FTW: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton DD
    4. alvoi: Memnite, Snow-Covered Swamp, Dark Ritual, Trinisphere WD
    5. Whoshim: Chancellor of the Forge, Dodecapod, Faerie Macabre, Gut Shot WW
    6. Tylert: City of traitors, Phyrexian revoker, Sphere of resistance, chronomaton WD
    7. H: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Judge's Familiar, Island DD - You force a draw both ways by Forcing my threat pitching Familiar, then casting Sea's Claim on my Karakas.
    8. apple713: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer LL

4w8d = 20

Ivory Giant was probably a better choice over Tethered Griffin.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post

Phyrexian Revoker can't name Karakas, only nonland cards. So I don't bother Forcing anything. I just play Leyline and Karakas him every turn.

OTP I get down Chronomaton first so I can attack for 1 each turn. OTD he leads with Sphere to stop me from playing Chronomaton, so I can't make a threat and force the draw bouncing his board.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Im impressed, we did a whole round in less than a day.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Whoa, I got sick and missed 2 whole rounds? Dang ya'll work fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Phyrexian Revoker can't name Karakas, only nonland cards. So I don't bother Forcing anything. I just play Leyline and Karakas him every turn.
    My mistake. Reading the cards properly does help a bit.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

This was a very effective round indeed. But it's time to move on.
    Even though it looks like the winner of this season is already decided, let's see who join the Wrath in top 3.

THE FINAL & 8TH ROUND of Season 1 (Legacy) FOUR CARD BLIND has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for the round.
    So... you can all start PM'ing me your submission for this 8th and final round.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 10th of April, at 6:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine).

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Goblin Guide, Mogg Fanatic, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S01R08 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post). Don't send in illegal decks. I might catch it and notify you, but if I overlook it, you miss out on the round.
    There were many changes for round 7 that are still in effect: Daze, Dark Ritual, Reanimate and Trinisphere are unbanned, and Shelldock Isle got banned.
    The banned list is still open for discussion, though we'll start a different format next week, so discussing it would only favour future seasons of Legacy. Cards of the current Legacy watchlist are: Lion's Eye Diamond, Eureka, Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Leyline of Singularity, Blazing Shoal and Elixir of Immortality.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.

If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

For next round are we doing a NoBan list format (Maybe no Uncard / ante / dexterity / conspiracy at least) where all cards from the top deck are banned each round?? :)

Thread Information