Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162
Results 3,221 to 3,227 of 3227

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    My apologies to the Europeans who use decimals and commas backwards from how I do it. I originally copied and pasted the round results into my own spreadsheet to thinker with, but my spreadsheet wasn't properly interpreting the commas as decimal points, so I gave up trying to reformat it and just did it on the official document. So I sort of your formatting pain.
    Yeah, my Google Drive is in Dutch, so it uses the Dutch way for decimal notation.
    I would be perfectly fine using the U.S. way, but I'm not switching my Drive to U.S. English.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Just a question to be sure on coin flips: if from an intricate situation I am to win more from losing a coin flip, then do I win it?

To be clear: the effect is clearly stated as win and lose. It is obviously much better to win in >99.9% cases (or would appear so to non 4 CB aficionados).
    But in a few (very) corner cases, it would be beneficial to lose the dice.
    Should I assume that if such a situation arose, I would win the coin flip (which would still be beneficial, but less)?

Hard to be more specific without giving away a deck :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Just a question to be sure on coin flips: if from an intricate situation I am to win more from losing a coin flip, then do I win it?

To be clear: the effect is clearly stated as win and lose. It is obviously much better to win in >99.9% cases (or would appear so to non 4 CB aficionados).
    But in a few (very) corner cases, it would be beneficial to lose the dice.
    Should I assume that if such a situation arose, I would win the coin flip (which would still be beneficial, but less)?

Hard to be more specific without giving away a deck :)
    My understanding is that whatever the worst possible outcome is for the controller of the random effect is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    My understanding is that whatever the worst possible outcome is for the controller of the random effect is what happens.
    Owner, actually, but that rarely is relevant. (Donating a Mana Crypt, for example, is not a win condition because the Crypt's new controller never loses a coin flip unless it would result in winning.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Owner, actually, but that rarely is relevant. (Donating a Mana Crypt, for example, is not a win condition because the Crypt's new controller never loses a coin flip unless it would result in winning.)
    So if I steal a mana crypt with a Thieving Skydiver, it is effectively a sol ring?

Otherwise thanks for the answers, that tells me the result for my small problem - I actually had two still-legit pauper decks facing this little trouble, but one is definitely more fun than great :)

So if I steal a mana crypt with a Thieving Skydiver, it is effectively a sol ring?

Otherwise thanks for the answers, that tells me the result for my small problem - I actually had two still-legit pauper decks facing this little trouble, but one is definitely more fun than great :)
    Hilariously, yes.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I'm not sure whether we defined the rule optimally.

The idea is that if you get donated a Mana Crypt, you have a Sol Ring, and if you intentionally steal one, you will get all the damage. That's the idea of the rule. But I don't think we can define it well enough to make that happen, so let's stick to owner, so steal a Mana Crypt and you profit. It's one of those edge cases that shouldn't affect our competition too much.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Thread Information