Page 32 of 332 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    For next round are we doing a NoBan list format (Maybe no Uncard / ante / dexterity / conspiracy at least) where all cards from the top deck are banned each round?? :)
    No, pretty sure it's the round after the next.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thank you for the welcome! This is a very interesting decks, and you all play cards that I've never seen before... I chose two new unbanned cards, but not because they were just unbanned: I thought of a deck by myself, then I realized that two of those cards were banned, and then you have unbanned them so I could play my deck. I did not so well, but it's my first time so I didn't expect anything

I agree with all your results, sorry if I'm late but I didn't know this was so fast.

1. Aesthereal 0-6
    2. Wrath of Pie 1-4
    3. FTW 0-6
    4. myself
    5. Whoshim 2-2
    6. Tylert 3-3
    7. H 1-4
    8. apple713 3-3

So I have 2 wins, 4 draws and 8 losses, total 10 points

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    5. Whoshim: Chancellor of the Forge, Dodecapod, Faerie Macabre, Gut Shot

4. alvoi: Memnite, Snow-Covered Swamp, Dark Ritual, Trinisphere 2-2 Our 1/1s make draws.

I didn't even manage one win.
    Alvoi has to cast Memnite before Trinisphere (otherwise it costs 3), so you can Gut Shot it. Your 1/1 wins. 6-0.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

For next round are we doing a NoBan list format (Maybe no Uncard / ante / dexterity / conspiracy at least) where all cards from the top deck are banned each round?? :)
    H is right. This week's round is our last one for the Legacy season.
    Next week we kick off a season of Vintage bannathon.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Alvoi has to cast Memnite before Trinisphere (otherwise it costs 3), so you can Gut Shot it. Your 1/1 wins. 6-0.
    Hey, great! Thanks for checking over my work. It is nice to have managed 2 wins.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

A little under 24 hours until the deadline, we have 4 entries so far for our final round of Legacy.
    Who else wants one final shot at this?

Also, STANDINGS FOR ROUND 7:

1. FTW: 26, 5 season points
    2. Asthereal: 22, 3 season points
    3. Tylert: 21, 2 season points
    4. Wrath of Pie: 20, 1 season point

5. apple713: 17
    6. H: 15
    7. Whoshim: 10
    8. alvoi: 8

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    A little under 24 hours until the deadline, we have 4 entries so far for our final round of Legacy.
    Who else wants one final shot at this?

Also, STANDINGS FOR ROUND 7:

1. FTW: 26, 5 season points
    2. Asthereal: 22, 3 season points
    3. Tylert: 21, 2 season points
    4. Wrath of Pie: 20, 1 season point

5. apple713: 17
    6. H: 15
    7. Whoshim: 10
    8. alvoi: 8
    Oh, I did miss the call for round 8 :) I will try to send you somthing today.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Oh, I did miss the call for round 8 :) I will try to send you somthing today.
    Cool!

Yeah, normally I'm a bit more vocal about a new round, but I was busy organizing a different tournament this weekend.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Cool!

Yeah, normally I'm a bit more vocal about a new round, but I was busy organizing a different tournament this weekend.
    I missed this too. For now I'll submit Ancient Tomb, Field of Ruin, Lupine Prototype, The Rack and send a revised deck soon.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I missed this too. For now I'll submit Ancient Tomb, Field of Ruin, Lupine Prototype, The Rack and send a revised deck soon.
    Good choices. Everything except Ancient Tomb has been banned.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Good choices. Everything except Ancient Tomb has been banned.
    I would have picked Mishra's Workshop but it can't activate Field of Ruin.

Black Lotus also runs out of mana before Field, too underpowered a card.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I'll give Tylert a few more hours to cook something up and then we're go for the last round of the season.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF LEGACY:

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Dismember
    2. CptHaddock: Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Snapback
    3. Whoshim: Root Sliver, Brood Sliver, Noxious Revival, Rushwood Grove
    4. Wrath of Pie: Tarnished Citadel, Tarnished Citadel, Death's Shadow, Assassin's Trophy
    5. apple713: city of traitors, lion’s eye diamond, From Under the Floorboards, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    6. FTW: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Pithing Needle, Chronomaton
    7. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Assassin's Trophy, Elixir of Immortality

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I have updated the Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

EDIT: I have entered preliminary scores in the Google Sheet, even for those who hadn't posted their scores yet. Feel free to change any mistakes I made.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-10-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round 8 of Legacy:

1. Asthereal (TO): that's me, shamelessly stealing someone elses idea (City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Dismember)
    2. CptHaddock: You either FoW or Snapback my Moon dude, I Dismember your dude. 2-2
    3. Whoshim: Moon dude kind of wrecks this plan. 6-0
    4. Wrath of Pie: Moon dude kind of wrecks this plan. 6-0
    5. apple713: This plan kind of wrecks Moon dude. 0-6
    6. FTW: OTP I make Moon dude and Dismember your dude. OTD I can't make my dude so I can only Dismember yours. 4-1
    7. Tylert: Moon dude wrecks part of this plan, but you can still gain 5 life per 2 turns. 2-2

Total: 20 points

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Tylert = Golgari rotfarm, Treetop village, assassin's trophy, elixir of immortality

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Dismember
    2. CptHaddock: Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Snapback
    3. Whoshim: Root Sliver, Brood Sliver, Noxious Revival, Rushwood Grove
    4. Wrath of Pie: Tarnished Citadel, Tarnished Citadel, Death's Shadow, Assassin's Trophy
    5. apple713: city of traitors, lion’s eye diamond, From Under the Floorboards, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    6. FTW: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Pithing Needle, Chronomaton
    7. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Assassin's Trophy, Elixir of Immortality

1. Asthereal: Can't assassin's trophy because of Magus of the moon. However, Elixir of immortality nets me 5 hp per two turns which is higher that the 2 damage i take per turn from Magus. So it's a stand off 2-2 --> 2
    2. CptHaddock: I will allways try to destroy cove with assassin's trophy. You have to force it to not loose and i can get it back with elixir to win. 6-0 --> 8
    3. Whoshim: Slowest deck i've ever seen, am i missing something?? :) Assassin's trophy wins both games by killing your land. 6-0 --> 14
    4. Wrath of pie: OTP and OTD you can kill my golgari rotfarm 0-6 --> 14
    5. apple713: The first play gives you 3 zombies and i can't race that. 0-6 --> 14
    6. FTW: If you play needle on elixir T1, i can use trophy on it and proceed to win slowy by recurring trophy. If you wait for me to trophy before playing Needle on elixir, i play trophy on your land first and proceed to win. 6-0 --> 20
    7. me.

Total 20. Man, this deck is strong when there is no LD around.
    Last edited by Tylert; 04-10-2019 at 11:01 AM.

3. Whoshim: Slowest deck i've ever seen, am i missing something?? :) Assassin's trophy wins both games by killing your land. 6-0 --> 14
    You aren't missing anything. I just figured I would do something really weird for the final round and see if I could actually steal a win with it. (A preliminary glance through the lists says NOPE.)

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP Sphere stops Magus, you Dismember me and we draw. OTD you land Magus and Dismember kills Chrono. DL 1-4
    2. CptHaddock: OTP or OTD I play T1 Sphere. If you Force it, I Needle Cove and win. If you don't, T2 Needle Cove and you don't have the mana to pay Sphere for FoW. WW 6-0
    3. Whoshim: T1 Needle Grove + Chronomaton. Your deck can't do anything. Chrono gets there. WW 6-0.
    4. Wrath of Pie: Sphere keeps you off Trophy but I think I still can't set up a board state where you got low enough for Chrono to kill you first. LL 0-6.
    5. apple713: Sphere slows you down but I think the lifegain + zombies still outrace Chrono. LL 0-6.
    6. Me.
    7. Tylert: I can Needle Village or Elixir, but Trophy will get it done. LL 0-6.

Total Score: 13

Edit: Shouldn't have changed decks! I expected a meta shift to play around FoW decks and Karakas decks, but my Round 7 deck (FoW, Karakas/Leyline, Chronomaton) would have crushed again
    WW vs Magus (FoW Dismember)
    WW vs Force/Griffin (FoW Force)
    WW vs Slivers (Karakas lock)
    DD vs Death's Shadow (FoW Death's Shadow)
    WW vs Floorboards (FoW LED)
    LL vs Elixir loop
    Last edited by FTW; 04-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Opponent OTP OTD Explanation
    1. Asthereal (TO) *City of Traitors,*Simian Spirit Guide,*Magus of the Moon,*Dismember W W Magus does nothing here
    2. CptHaddock *Saprazzan Cove,*Misthollow Griffin,*Force of Will,*Snapback L L FoW on LED = no casting/recycling anything - Oops I forgot about this. My first iteration of the deck was 2xLED instead of CoT and it beats FoW decks but loses to sphere.
    3. Whoshim *Root Sliver,*Brood Sliver,*Noxious Revival,*Rushwood Grove W W I'm much faster
    4. Wrath of Pie *Tarnished Citadel,*Tarnished Citadel,*Death's Shadow,*Assassin's Trophy W W Not sure here but think I win this because tokens get ahead of you casting DS. Once you cast DS you can't attack with him and have to leave him open to block. Asassin's trophy doesn’t really help. Maybe hitting CoT is best? But probably not at the cost of 6 life.
    5. apple713 *city of traitors,*lion’s eye diamond,*From Under the Floorboards,*Emrakul, the Aeons Torn X X
    6. FTW *City of Traitors,*Sphere of Resistance,*Pithing Needle,*Chronomaton W W We did the math in another round and I win
    7. Tylert *Treetop Village,*Golgari Rot Farm,*Assassin's Trophy,*Elixir of Immortality W W I can make tokens faster than you can kill them
    Total Points: 30
    Win: 83.33%
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Dismember LL
    2. CptHaddock: Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Snapback DD
    3. Whoshim: Root Sliver, Brood Sliver, Noxious Revival, Rushwood Grove WW
    5. apple713: city of traitors, lion’s eye diamond, From Under the Floorboards, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn LL - Death's Shadow is a bit too slow.
    6. FTW: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Pithing Needle, Chronomaton WW - I get myself to 8 life (Tarnished Citadel is good at that) and cast Death's Shadow, which is a 5/5. You can technically sneak in Chronomaton attacks, but that makes Shadow larger, and you don't have enough time to pump Chronomaton to 11/11 to trade.
    7. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Assassin's Trophy, Elixir of Immortality WW

6w2d = 20 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for the final round of Legacy:

1. apple713: 30, 5 season points
    2. Wrath of Pie: 20, 3 season points
    2. Tylert: 20, 3 season points
    2. Asthereal: 20, 3 season points
    5. CptHaddock: 16
    6. FTW: 13
    7. Whoshim: something slightly less than 13

Wrath was already champion of this first season of 4CB, but scores points anyway.
    Well done, and congratulations with the title!

I will try to launch season 2 (Vintage Bannathon) this Saturday.
    Keep an eye on the thread for the official launch, but everybody can already start to design their decks, as all normal cards are unbanned for round one!
    (Yup, that means Lotus, Workshop and all that jazz is up for grabs. Enjoy it while it lasts. )

Thread Information