Page 170 of 332 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Straight 0s is fine with me. As next round is the longest banlist of any 4CB ever probably, I would propose adding a legality and formatting check to the spreadhsteet. Example on cell j3, sheet is 1.

Also formats correctly for everyone.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I am not that good at this, feel free to verify my results.
    6. alphastryk: Swamp, Inquisition of Kozilek, Plagued Rusalka, Hired Poisoner LL, IoK takes FW, HP has free reign.
    I somehow totally missed that my deathtoucher can push through your 0/4s and had this as a draw. Updating my results.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Indeed the turn 2 round!
    That was the most T2 combo round we played so far I guess, with 7/12 decks going for the strategy. I am actually surprised alphastryx's deck being the only T1 control deck did not perform better.
    The creature quality available at this point in the bannathon is soooo bad, so if Inquisition doesn't do enough its hard to win.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    alphastryk scored decently, but maybe not as high as you'd expect for playing the meta deck. Just goes to show how bad the remaining black 1 drops are.
    And they're only getting worse! would be very surprised to see them next round.

I really tried to make Pillage work (due to Vial and other stuff). Between being an uncommon and costing double red, it cost too much design space. I couldn't manage a deck that could both play turn 2 Pillage and also produce a decent threat (sorry Branded Brawlers). Common T2 LD opened up more options. So I just went back to Stone Rain and assumed I would LL to Tylert. I considered a few threats, but being able to play Legionnaire on turn 1 seemed strong in turn 2 mirrors or against turn 1 discard.
    Pillage has been on my list for a while as well, but its really hard to fit in, which is why I ended up on Goblin Cratermaker a few rounds ago.

On the illegal deck discussions it definitely sucks to lose that way but there's not a good answer for substitution, and putting it all on Asthereal to double check everyone doesn't seem fair. Being 20 rounds into a bannathon makes for a gigantic list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Both me and jhhdk think you didn't read Flickering Ward all the way through the end.

EDIT: j was faster.
    Oh, I definitely know what Flickering Ward does. I lost a draft to it killing multiple Enfeeblement spread across 2/3s and 3/3s. I just didn't think the line all the way through. In this case, I'm dumb, but not ignorant, which actually seems worse.

I really tried to make Pillage work (due to Vial and other stuff). Between being an uncommon and costing double red, it cost too much design space. I couldn't manage a deck that could both play turn 2 Pillage and also produce a decent threat (sorry Branded Brawlers). Common T2 LD opened up more options. So I just went back to Stone Rain and assumed I would LL to Tylert. I considered a few threats, but being able to play Legionnaire on turn 1 seemed strong in turn 2 mirrors or against turn 1 discard.
    I'm not sure I should let the cat out of the bag, but I think it's a small cat. I can tell you're an oldschool player (I forget that this is a Legacy forum primarily), because you still think of Pillage as an uncommon. You should see what Masters 25 did to it.

Yeah, the ability to play something on turn 1 was a good call. In my mind, I was always playing the Island first, and blue 1-drops are lackluster, to say the least.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I'm not sure I should let the cat out of the bag, but I think it's a small cat. I can tell you're an oldschool player (I forget that this is a Legacy forum primarily), because you still think of Pillage as an uncommon. You should see what Masters 25 did to it.
    Interesting. It's easy to miss in Gatherer, because the white M25 symbol for commons blends with all the other silver symbols for uncommon printings.

Tbh I haven't played Pillage much since it was in 6th edition, but it was a real powerhouse back then!

I would guess this forum is older players who played Legacy seriously many years ago. Some still do, some are now more on the casual side. Newer players would be on newer platforms like Reddit, Discord, Twitter, etc and would have no reason to make a forum account.

Feb 2014

Yeah, this game is deceptively hard.
    Like crazy! I thought I was a decent magic player, yet I have the feeling that playing this since only a few months have made me progress on various aspects (gameplay, rules, deckbuilding, metagaming, combat maths) much faster than much more time playing "normally".

I would guess this forum is older players who played Legacy seriously many years ago.
    Definitely my case.

I would guess this forum is older players who played Legacy seriously many years ago. Some still do, some are now more on the casual side. Newer players would be on newer platforms like Reddit, Discord, Twitter, etc and would have no reason to make a forum account.
    I made an account here just to play 4CB I honestly haven't played MtG at all in several years. This has been a fun way to scratch the old itch without having to shell out thousands of dollars (or leave my house).

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Interesting. It's easy to miss in Gatherer, because the white M25 symbol for commons blends with all the other silver symbols for uncommon printings.

Tbh I haven't played Pillage much since it was in 6th edition, but it was a real powerhouse back then!

I'm an old player, I had the chance to live in Paris before and was able to fullfill my needs every night of every week playing all formats (Modern / Legacy / French EDH / Limited) when my wife allowed it :)
    Now I moved to a more rural part on the french Riviera and I can only play once a week and until my recent uptick in activity at work I was so glad to have this :)
    Last edited by Tylert; 12-18-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    I made an account here just to play 4CB I honestly haven't played MtG at all in several years. This has been a fun way to scratch the old itch without having to shell out thousands of dollars (or leave my house).
    Yeah, I just made my account in the Deviant Legacy season. I used to draft weekly from Mirage to Kamigawa, then my play became a lot more irregular. My only constructed play was Modern from about 2016 to 2018. I've also tried to play cube a lot, but I never had a consistent group.

Interestingly, the cube format that I ended up on is very similar to XCB. We would draft 1 pack of 15 cards, then play single-game matches. You bid life to be starting player, all of your cards start the game in your hand, no max hand size, no loss for drawing from an empty library, and a land-rule that permits you to play 10 basics over the course of the game. At first, we just played it with the cube we had. So Rampant Growth and Opportunity were blanks, but Dark Ritual was suddenly a first pick (it wasn't a particularly high-power cube; you might notice that I like terrible cards). Then I dedicated the cube to this format and put in all sorts of tempo cards, but many of them had to be removed for just winning the game on their own, like Pyrokinesis and Misdirection. I really like the suspend cards here for being interesting but not broken. The great fun was that you could build terrible combos and pull them off every game. And you weren't even penalized for including bad cards in your deck because you're just playing everything that you've drafted. One of my favorite combos starts with just casting Monkey Cage. At that point, your opponent has probably already played their one-drops and two-drops. But they'll be afraid to let you crack it on your own terms, so they'll likely play a 3 or a 4. With the Cage trigger on the stack, you flash in Vine Dryad to trigger Monkey Cage again. Since the token creation isn't dependent on it being sacrificed, you get 4 extra 2/2s, which was often good enough if you planned for it (say, with an anthem or a good sacrifice outlet).

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I definitely mentally had Pillage as an Uncommon. I was getting ready to reply that I wasn't old because my mental image is the 7th edition one... and then I realized 7th was 19 years ago.

Definitely fit into the category of "used to play a lot of legacy but am now casual"

Sep 2011

We have all the results in. Do we have time to wrap up the last round before the holidays?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

We have all the results in. Do we have time to wrap up the last round before the holidays?
    I'm definitely prepared to wrap up before the holidays and start a new season afterwards

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

How am i third with 3/4 of a deck? :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Yes we will.

Let's start with the results from round 11:
    1. GoblinSmashmaster: 46 - 4,2
    1. dte: 46 - 4,2
    3. alphastryk: 44 - 4
    3. FTW: 44 - 4
    5. Tylert: 41 - 3,7
    6. silkster: 38 - 3,5
    7. jhhdk: 36 - 3,3
    8. maxx!: 34 - 3,1
    9. Asthereal (TO): 29 - 2,6
    10. Wrath of Pie: 18 - 1,6
    11. H: 12 - 1,1
    12. Reeplcheep: 0 - 0

EDIT-NOTE: THESE WERE WRONG BEFORE. THE CARDS POSTED NOW ARE THE CORRECT BANNINGS.
    Which leads to these bannings:
    Ancient Tomb
    Faultgrinder
    Hickory Woodlot
    Hired Poisoner
    Inquisition of Kozilek
    Plagued Rusalka
    Porcelain Legionnaire
    Putrid Imp
    Reanimate
    Squirrel Nest
    Stone Rain
    Wind-Scarred Crag
    Wistful Thinking

And the season standings look as follows:
    1. dte: 45,1
    2. silkster: 44,8
    3. maxx!: 37,2
    4. FTW: 36,3
    5. Asthereal (TO): 28,6
    6. alphastryk: 27,9
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: 27,6
    8. Wrath of Pie: 26,9
    9. Tylert: 25,3
    10. Reeplcheep: 24,3
    11. H: 21
    12. jhhdk: 4,9
    13. Karshtakavaar: 2,6

So dte takes the lead again, silk following close behind, just like last round silk took it from dte and the round before dte took is from silk and so on.
    There's just 0,3 points between them, so this last round will probably decide who takes the crown. Good luck guys!
    FTW and maxx! are fighting for third place, and behind them we find a massive gap to fifth, which is currently occupied by me, alpha close behind me.

Give me a few hours to build my own deck. I'll open the last round as soon as I have something, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 12-21-2020 at 04:42 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Okay, here we go:

THE FINAL ROUND OF SEASON 8: PEASANT CONTINUED BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 12, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 23rd of December at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Terror, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S08R12 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Impressively, the sample deck has remained legal the whole time.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Impressively, the sample deck has remained legal the whole time.
    Everyone has seen it so often that we metagamed around it.
    It would still have scored 28 last round though, not that crazy bad :)

Sep 2011

Let's start with the results from round 11:
    1. GoblinSmashmaster: 46 - 4,2
    1. dte: 46 - 4,2
    3. alphastryk: 44 - 4
    3. FTW: 44 - 4
    5. Tylert: 41 - 3,7
    6. silkster: 38 - 3,5
    7. jhhdk: 36 - 3,3
    8. maxx!: 34 - 3,1
    9. Asthereal (TO): 29 - 2,6
    10. Wrath of Pie: 18 - 1,6
    11. H: 12 - 1,1
    12. Reeplcheep: 0 - 0

Which leads to these many bannings:
    Ancient Tomb
    Channel
    Faultgrinder
    Hickory Woodlot
    Hired Poisoner
    Inquisition of Kozilek
    Plagued Rusalka
    Porcelain Legionnaire
    Putrid Imp
    Reanimate
    Squirrel Nest
    Stone Rain
    Strider Harness
    Ulamog's Crusher
    Wind-Scarred Crag
    Wistful Thinking
    That doesn't look right. Why is Reeplcheep's 0-point deck banned: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Ulamog's Crusher, Strider Harness

Bannings for Goblinsmashmaster, dte, alphastryk, and me make sense (1st & 3rd ties).

The question is does Tylert also get banned? If so, Channel would be banned, but a different Channel deck. Tylert would also set the record as first player in any season to ban a 3CB deck and get a completely dead slot banned (could have been Atogatog for lolz).

I think everyone probably wants to know if Channel is banned or not for the next round.

Edit: I am also playing the role of silkster this season, with 2 of my failed decks getting banned by another player - alphastryk (FoW + Phantasmal Terrain & Inquisition + deathtouch).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

That doesn't look right. Why is Reeplcheep's 0-point deck banned: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Ulamog's Crusher, Strider Harness

Bannings for Goblinsmashmaster, dte, alphastryk, and me make sense (1st & 3rd ties).

The question is does Tylert also get banned? If so, Channel would be banned, but a different Channel deck. Tylert would also set the record as first player in any season to ban a 3CB deck and get a completely dead slot banned (could have been Atogatog for lolz).

I think everyone probably wants to know if Channel is banned or not for the next round.

Edit: I am also playing the role of silkster this season, with 2 of my failed decks getting banned by another player - alphastryk (FoW + Phantasmal Terrain & Inquisition + deathtouch).
    Because cross-eyed me copied the wrong line?
    Thanks for the headsup.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I BANNED THE WRONG CARDS!!
    Changing things now. I'll edit the correct cards into this post.
    Afterwards, by all means send me a new deck if you already sent one and wish to revise your entry.

EDIT: Banned after round 11 are:
    Ancient Tomb
    Faultgrinder
    Hickory Woodlot
    Hired Poisoner
    Inquisition of Kozilek
    Plagued Rusalka
    Porcelain Legionnaire
    Putrid Imp
    Reanimate
    Squirrel Nest
    Stone Rain
    Wind-Scarred Crag
    Wistful Thinking

Apologies for the confusion.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed and I'm missing quite a few: FTW, H, Tylert and maxx!
    I'll give you guys a bit more time, but please send your decks soon, as I'd like to post decks today so we can finish the season before Christmas.

Sep 2011

I'll submit within the next hour.

Thread Information