Page 17 of 332 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

SEASON 1, ROUND 3 of Legacy FOUR CARD BLIND has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for the round.
    So... you can all start PM'ing me your submission for the second round.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 6th of March, at 6:00AM Central European Time. (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine).

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Loam Lion, Loam Lion, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S01R03 in the topic.
    Many of you already did this for round 2. Thanks a lot, this really saves time!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post). Don't send in illegal decks. I might catch it and notify you, but if I overlook it, you miss out on the round.
    Most important changes: NONE! Mental Misstep is still unbanned. There are no new cards banned since The Rack, Cabal Therapy and Blackmail got the axe last time.
    The list is open for discussion though. Misstep is on the watch list. So are LED, Eureka, Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Lupine Prototype and Leyline of Singularity.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.

If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!

ABOUT ROUND TWO:
    Not everybody has posted their scores yet. Please do so this weekend, so I can post scores and update standings before the deadline for round 3.
    We also have a public Google Spreadsheet now. You can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2l8/edit#gid=0

I am pretty excited about this. I played 3 Card Magic around 8-9 years ago, but then I stopped playing Magic altogether a short time after. I looked for the game again, but I had missed it in my searches. I got lucky seeing this thread.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Opponent Deck Deck Deck Deck OtP OtD Notes
    Asthereal Cavern of Souls Thalia, Guardian of Thraben Mother of Runes Chancellor of the Tangle 3 0
    CptHaddock Form of the Dragon Mercadian Bazaar Force of Will Snapback 0 0
    apple713 Chancellor of the Tangle Aether Vial Force of Will Deputy of Detention 3 3
    ronco Force of Will Sea's Claim Tundra Student of Warfare 0 0
    JackaBo Ancient tomb Lupine Prototype Lupine Prototype Field of Ruin 0 0
    kombatkiwi Young Wolf Mind Swords Shrieking Affliction Bayou 1 1
    tescrin Mayor of Avabruck Dryad Arbor Rishadan Port Mishra's Factory 0 0
    Wrath of Pie Lion's Eye Diamond Gibbering Descent Karakas Leyline of Singularity 3 3
    Mr. Safety Swamp Duress Innocent Blood Chronomaton 3 3
    spirit of the wretch Force of Will Leyline of Singularity Karakas Student of Warfare 0 0
    H Cavern of Souls Swamp Lupine Prototype Duress 0 0
    Dan Pyre Cavern of Souls City of Traitors Rattleclaw Mystic Brimstone Mage 3 3
    PirateKing Keldon Megaliths Rakdos Carnarium Nezumi Shortfang Kolaghan's Command 0 0
    Tylert Leyline of Singularity Thalia, Guardian of Thraben Karakas Lotus Petal 3 3
    Ace/Homebrew Pendelhaven Thallid Thallid Thallid 0 0
    phonics Bayou Mishra's Factory Divest Mayor of Avabruck 3 3
    FTW City of Traitors Chronomaton Chronomaton Lupine Prototype 0 0
    Kap'n Cook Force of Will Judge's Familiar Tropical Island Greenbelt Rampager 3 3

Total: 47

e: with corrections.
    Last edited by CptHaddock; 03-03-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    I am pretty excited about this. I played 3 Card Magic around 8-9 years ago, but then I stopped playing Magic altogether a short time after. I looked for the game again, but I had missed it in my searches. I got lucky seeing this thread.
    Welcome to the party.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

@CptHaddock: I might be wrong (that actually happend a lot this round), but I think I win when you are in the play AS well.
    My force trades for your Snapback and then it's race between Bazaar and Student. By the time you put your seventh counter on Bazaar I fully level up student and kill you. Correct?
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    Yeah, Card Blind is pretty much dead outside of here, which is a shame.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Sorry for the delay. I really hated this round. There was tons of combat math that made it less fun.

My deck: aether vial, chancellor of the tangle, force of will, deputy of detention.

DECKS FOR ROUND 2 P D Explanation

1. Asthereal (TO) L D OTP I can't cast anything. OTD I land Vial and ramp to 3 counters on vial. If you ever attack with thalia after that I'll vial in Deputy to block and target your mother. You'll give mom protection so you can block chancellor later. You don’t attack and the game is a draw.
    2. CptHaddock D D If you force vial I let you and then wait until you try to cast form and then I force that. We draw both games. If you don't force vial. I'll hold deputy until you cast form and then exile it.
    3. apple713 X X Bye
    4. ronco D L We trade forces and student wins the race on the draw but studen trades with chancellor otp.
    5. JackaBo D D OTD if you play out both of your lupines so that you can attack, I take both with a detention deputy. So you wait, until I tick up to 7. At EOT before I tick up to 4 I vial in deputy. I keep ticking to 7. When I vial in chancellor, if you attack I kill a lupine and chump the the other. If you dont attack then you can double block chancellor. So we draw both games.
    6. kombatkiwi D D Not sure if I can win, but if I just force your young wolf and not play aether vial I can force a draw.
    7. tescrin W W He figured out that I win both, I'm ok wih that.
    8. Wrath of Pie D D Force gibbering and we draw both games.
    9. Mr. Safety D W OTD you take my vial and force a draw because I hold my force for chronomation. OTP I stick vial, your duress hits force. I hold deputy until you play chronomation. Force game to draw. Not sure if you can win with a chronomation. I can take chronomation with depuy but then you innocent blood and you have to race chancellor. I think I get there 1 turn early.
    10. spirit of the wretch D D If you counter my vial I'll hold my force for your student and force the games into a draw. If you don’t counter my vial but keep leyline in hand to force in case I counter student you lose because deputy removes student. So you have to not force and play leyline. If you do then I just force your student and get draws.
    11. H W L OTP I vial then he duresses taking my force. Wether he plays lupine now or later doesn’t matter because deputy removes him if he plays him before 4 vial counters and chancellor blocks and races him once I get 7 vial counters. OTD I'm forced to FoW his duress to save my vial and then lose to prototype
    12. Dan Pyre W W Deputy his mage or his mysic and tangle gets there eventually.
    13. PirateKing L L Pretty sure he gets this
    14. Tylert W D OTD I have to FoW thalia and get a draw because I cannot remove leyline. OTP I land vial, remove leyline (EoT vial in dude, karakas bounce in resp, beginning of turn before ticking up vial him in again and remove leyline). Deputy blocks Thalia all day. Chancellor clenches victory
    15. Ace/Homebrew W W No idea wtf is happening here. I'm gonna let you figure it out beucase you chose to play these silly thalids. Pretty sure I win though because deputy can remove all three thalids if they are ever in play together.
    16. phonics L L
    17. FTW L L deputy the chronomations, lose to lupine
    18. Kap'n Cook W W It's turn 4 before you can attack with greenbelt and chancellor I online before you win the race. You need to force the vial because not forcing it is worse.

There are conflicting issues with the follow peoples results. please review my explanations. Also, if any know can tell me how to post an excel table with formatting in that would be awesome

1. Asthereal (TO)
    2. CptHaddock
    10. spirit of the wretch
    14. Tylert

47 points
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

@apple: you're right

I did this a couple days ago but made a couple changes based on other results so I think its ok.

1. Asthereal (TO): Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle

w/w (6)

2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback

l/l (0)

3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention

otp:
    either force or take deputy then win with mayor
    otd:
    same as above

w/w (6)

4. ronco: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, tundra, student of warfare

w/l (3)

5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin

otp:
    land discard a prototype
    tomb prototype
    land mayor
    field of ruin discard, mayor outraces

otd
    tomb prototype
    land take other prototype
    lose to prototype after ruined second land and cant play mayor

w/l (3)

6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou

w/l (3)

7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory

otp:
    land despise mayor
    land
    land mayor

otd:
    land
    land despise mayor
    port - keep porting down so I cant play mayor, cant attack through factory without porting own turn

w/l (3)

8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity

w/w (6)

9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton

otp:
    take chronomaton then win with factory

otd:
    duress divest lose to chronomaton

w/l (3)

10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare

otp:
    divest either forced or takes student, if it takes student then factory wins if is forced then I can play mayor to outrace
    otd:
    lose to student

w/l (3)

11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress

w/w (6)

12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage

otp:
    divest mage win with mayor

otd:
    same thing since he cant do anything other than play a land on turn 1

w/w (6)

13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command

w/w (6)

14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal

d/d factory is still a land so it isnt legendary (2)

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    You should win the second game otp, because you can divest my thalia, and just attack with factory.

so you score 4 points.

15. Ace/Homebrew: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid

otp:
    mayor outraces i think?
    otd:
    same thing?

w/w (6)

16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck
    x
    17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype

otP:
    divest prototype outrace with mayor

otd:
    land prototype
    land divest chonomaton
    chronomaton attack wiht prototype (15)
    land mayor
    attack with prototype (10), chronomaton 2/2
    mayor flips get 1 3/3
    attack with prototype (5), chronomaton 3/3
    2 3/3 wolves
    cant attack (either prototype alone gets double blocked, attack with both trades chronomaton and chumps prototype)
    eventually overrun by wolves

w/w (6)

18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager

otp:
    divest rampager win with factory or divest gets forced win with mayor

otd:
    either plays familiar t1 which leaves divest to take rampager and fow stranded, getting outraced by mayor or only plays land and same result as otp ensues.

w/w (6)

total:76
    Last edited by phonics; 03-03-2019 at 06:36 PM.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Still doing the math on a few... Will update as I finish.

My deck: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid

WW (+6) 1. Asthereal: Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle
    WW (+6) 2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback
    LL (+0) 3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention
    LL (+0) 4. ronco: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, tundra, student of warfare
    LL (+0) 5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin
    WL (+3) 6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou
    LL (+0) 7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory
    LL (+0) 8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity
    WW (+6) 9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton
    LL (+0) 10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare
    WW (+6) 11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress
    LL (+0) 12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage
    LL (+0) 13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command
    LL (+0) 14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal
    LL (+0) 16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck
    LL (+0) 17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype
    WW (+6) 18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager

33 points

Math

CptHaddock
    OTP
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Force Thallid pitching Snapback (19), Bazaar tapped
    Me: Thallid; You: Charge Bazaar (1)
    Me: T@1, Thallid, attack (18); You: Charge Bazaar (2)
    Me: T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (15); You: Charge Bazaar (3)
    Me: T@3, T@2, Pendel pump, attack (12), make a sap; You: Charge Bazaar (4)
    Me: T@1, T@3, Pendel pump, attack (8), make 2nd sap; You: Charge Bazaar (5)
    Me: T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (4); You: Charge Bazaar (6)
    Me: T@3, T@2, Pendel pump, attack (0)
    OTD
    You: Bazaar tapped; Me: Pendel, Thallid (Force pitching Snapback) (19)
    You: Charge Bazaar (1); Me: Thallid
    You: Charge Bazaar (2); Me: T@1, Thallid, attack (18)
    You: Charge Bazaar (3); Me: T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (15)
    You: Charge Bazaar (4); Me: T@3, T@2, Pendel pump, attack (13), make a sap
    You: Charge Bazaar (5); Me: T@1, T@3, Pendel pump, attack (9), make 2nd sap
    You: Charge Bazaar (6); Me: T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (4)
    You: Charge Bazaar (7); Me: T@3, T@2, Pendel pump, attack (0)

apple713
    OTP
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Vial
    Me: T@1, Pendel pump, attack (18); You: V@1
    Me: T@2, Pendel pump, attack (16); You: V@2
    Me: T@3, Pendel pump, attack (14), make a sap; You: V@3, Deputy exiling Thallid
    Me: Thallid; You: V@4
    Me: T@1, Thallid; You: V@5
    Me: T@2, T@1, attack, Pendel pump (12); You: V@6
    Me: T@3, T@2, attack, Pendel pump (10), make 2nd sap; You: V@7, Tangle
    Me: T@1, T@3, make 3rd sap; You: Tangle attack (14)
    Me: T@2, T@1; You: Tangle attack (8)
    Me: T@3, T@2, make 4th sap [I now have six 1/1s and Pendel to block Tangle and keep a Thallid alive. Then I can block/pump Deputy until my army grows large enough]
    OTD
    You: Vial; Me: Pendel, Thallid
    You: V@1; Me: T@1, Pendel pump, attack (18)
    You: V@2; Me: T@2, Pendel pump, attack (16)
    You: V@3, Deputy exiling Thallid; Me: Thallid
    You: V@4; Me: T@1, Thallid
    You: V@5; Me: T@2; T@1, attack, Pendel pump (15)
    You: V@6; Me: T@3, T@2, attack, Pendel pump (14), make a sap
    You: V@7 Tangle; Me: T@1, T@3, make 2nd sap
    You: Tangle attack (14); Me: T@2, T@1
    You: Tangle attack (8); Me: T@3, T@2, make 3rd sap
    You: Tangle attack (2); Me: T@1, T@3, make 4th sap [I'm at six 1/1s again]
    You: Tangle and Deputy attack, I use everything to block Tangle and save a Thallid (1); Me: Pendel pump stall until army, then win.

JackaBo
    I just don't play out my hand.

Mr.Safety
    OTP
    I'm Duress-proof and we stare at each other unless I play out a Thallid
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Swamp, Blood
    Me: Thallid; You: Chrono
    Me: T@1, Thallid, attack (19); You: pump Chrono 2/2
    Me: T@2, T@1; You: pump Chrono 3/3
    This continues, I get lots of dudes and you get a huge dude. Lots of dudes wins, right?
    Same OTD.

Dan Pyre
    OTP
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Cavern naming Human
    Me: T@1, Thallid, attack (19); You: City, Morph
    Me: T@2, T@1, attack (17), Thallid; You: Mage
    Me: T@3, T@2, T@1, attack, Pendel Pump (13), make a sap; You: morph Mystic, level up Mage
    Ugh

Kap'n Cook
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Force, pitching Familiar (19), Trop, Rampager (1E)
    Me: Thallid; You: Rampager (2E)
    Me: T@1, Thallid, attack (18); You: Rampager
    Me: T@2, T@1; You: attack (17) [not attacking is a guaranteed loss]
    Me: T@3, T@2, Pendel pump, attack (15), make a sap; You: attack (14)
    Me: T@1, T@3, Pendel pump, attack (11), make 2nd sap; You: attack (11)
    Me: T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (7); You: attack (8)
    I overtake in the race. The same thing happens if you cast Familiar.
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Trop, Familiar
    Me: T@1, Thallid, attack [COLOR=""#0000FF""](19)[/COLOR]; You: Rampager (1E), attack (19)
    Me: T@2, T@1, Thallid, attack (18); You: Rampager (2E), attack (18)
    Me: T@3, T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (14), make a sap; You: Rampager, attack (17)
    Me: T@1, T@3, T@2, make 2nd sap; You: attack (16)
    Me: T@2, T@1, T@3, make a 3rd sap; You: attack (15)
    Me: T@3, T@2, T@1, attack with saps, Pendel pump (11), make a 3rd sap; You: attack (14)
    Pure Race
    Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Trop, Familiar
    Me: T@1, Thallid, attack (19); You: Rampager (1E), attack (19)
    Me: T@2, T@1, Thallid, attack (18); You: Rampager (2E), attack (18)
    Me: T@3, T@2, T@1, Pendel pump, attack (14), make a sap; You: Rampager, attack (14)
    Me: T@1, T@3, T@2, Pendel pump, attack (9), make 2nd sap; You: attack (16)
    I don't believe the outcome is different if I'm OTD
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 03-03-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    You lose both.

Using Vial at instant speed is more optimal, and Deputy can sneak in damage while your Pendelhaven is tapped to cast Thallids (can't Pendel pump to block). He can steal enough tempo that you never get to 6 1/1s.

(Even if you did get to 6, he chooses blocker order and will kill the Thallids, so you would draw).

T1 Me: Pendel, Thallid; You: Vial
    T2 Me: T@1, Pendel pump, attack (18); You: V@1
    T3 Me: T@2, Pendel pump, attack (16); You: V@2
    T4 Me: T@3, Pendel pump, attack (14), make a sap; You: V@3. Pass.

Waiting buys him a turn of tempo. He can threaten to ambush an attacker and exile the other forcing a Pendel pump, he can Vial after Pendel pump, or he can wait till EOT. Either way he stops you from playing Thallid this turn. Optimally you don't attack, otherwise he can attack back (and that 1 damage matters more -- see below).

T5 Me: T@1. Pass. EOT Vial exiling Thallid; You: V@4. Can't attack (you have Pendel pump up)
    T6 Me: Thallid; You: V@5, attack for 1 (19) (can't Pendel pump)

You can either attack for 2 here or save your creatures to triple block, but both lines lead to a loss.

T7 Me: T@1, Thallid, attack for 2 (12); You: V@6, attack for 1 (18) (can't Pendel pump)
    T8 Me: T@2, T@1, attack with 2 Thallids. Hold 1 sap + Pendel. (10); You: V@7
    T9 Me: T@3, T@2. Can't attack. Make 2nd sap. EOT Chancellor; You: Tangle attack (12)
    T10 Me: T@1, T@3, make 3rd sap; You: Tangle attack (6)
    T11 Me: T@2, T@1; You: Tangle attack

You have 5 1/1s. You can't trade. You can chump with a sap, but he kills them faster than you make em (every turn vs 2 out of 3), so you eventually run out and lose.

At T5 you could attack instead of pass. You would deal him more damage, but he swings back for 1. That 1 damage means you're at 18 a turn earlier, so he never needs to attack at T7 and risk trading his Deputy (also giving him a blocker for turn 8). That's why I said it's optimal not to attack, holding up the Sap + Pendel on defense to save a damage.

At T7 instead of attacking you could hold all 3 creatures back and triple block to avoid going to 18. (Pendel is tapped to cast Thallid #3).

T7 Me: T@1, Thallid. Hold; You: V@6, attack for 1. Triple block. Attacker chooses blocker order: T@1, then T@0, then sap. Deputy trades with T@1, you get a Thallid back.
    T8 Me: T@1, T@1, attack with 2 Thallids + sap + Pendel. (10); You: V@7
    T9 Me: T@2, T@2. Can't attack. EOT Chancellor; You: Tangle attack (13)
    T10 Me: T@3, T@3, make 2nd & 3rd sap; You: Tangle attack (7)
    T11 Me: T@1, T@1; You: Tangle attack (1)
    T12 Me: T@2, T@2; You: Tangle attack

Again, you have only have 5 1/1s. You chump and eventually lose.

If you chump any of the earlier attacks, your life is higher but you still never make it to 6 1/1s.

How does this work? He buys 1 turn of tempo holding up Deputy till EOT. Then he can steal 2 Deputy attacks when you tap Pendel to cast Thallids (other turns you can block + Pendel pump so he cannot get a profitable attack). Those 2 attacks are enough to get you to 18, where 3 Tangle hits are lethal. Alternately, he trades Deputy with a Thallid @1 to set you behind 1 counter. Either way, you never hit 4 saps.

OTD he's a turn up and he wins more easily without having to use Deputy to force through early damage.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

@ACE: vs JackaBo doesn't matter if you play out your hand, as long as he plays out his. Prototype just needs a player to be hellbend.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Thanks guys!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    14. Tylert W D OTD I have to FoW thalia and get a draw because I cannot remove leyline. OTP I land vial, remove leyline (EoT vial in dude, karakas bounce in resp, beginning of turn before ticking up vial him in again and remove leyline). Deputy blocks Thalia all day. Chancellor clenches victory
    Agreed

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal

d/d factory is still a land so it isnt legendary (2)
    You should win the second game otp, because you can divest my thalia, and just attack with factory.

so you score 4 points.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO) L D OTP I can't cast anything. OTD I land Vial and ramp to 3 counters on vial. If you ever attack with thalia after that I'll vial in Deputy to block and target your mother. You'll give mom protection so you can block chancellor later. You don’t attack and the game is a draw.

There are conflicting issues with the follow peoples results. please review my explanations.

1. Asthereal (TO)
    I see I miscalculated our OTD game. Changed the results.

Also: 8 decks for round 3 received already.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post
    @CptHaddock: I might be wrong (that actually happend a lot this round), but I think I win when you are in the play AS well.
    My force trades for your Snapback and then it's race between Bazaar and Student. By the time you put your seventh counter on Bazaar I fully level up student and kill you. Correct?
    I had this for my math on the play, did I mess up somewhere?

Turn Cove Counters Student Levels Lifetotal
    1 0 0 19 (Force you force back)
    2 1 1 18
    3 2 2 15
    4 3 3 12
    5 4 4 9
    6 5 5 6
    7 6 6 3
    8 Form of the Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Do you guys still draw? Can you win with Lab maniac?

Something like Maniac, cavern, city of traitors, ...

oh its banned nvm
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I had this for my math on the play, did I mess up somewhere?
    Yes you did. Form of the Dragon costs 7, not 6. You have to tap it to make the 7th counter, so you can only cast it the turn after.

Sorry that I'm a little late. Thanks to my opponents for doing almost all of the math :)

1. Asthereal (TO): Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle 6
    2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback 6
    3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention 3
    4. ronco: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, tundra, student of warfare 6
    5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin Me
    6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou 3
    7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory 6
    8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity 3
    9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton 6
    10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare 6
    11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress 6
    12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage 6
    13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command 6
    14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal 6
    15. Ace/Homebrew: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid 6
    16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck 3
    17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype 6
    18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager 6

Apple: I believe i win on the play:

If you dont fow i race you...
    Me: tomb proto
    You: Vial
    Me: land, proto, attack (15)
    You:Vial at 1
    Me; attack (5)
    You:Vial at 2
    Me; attack (win)

If you fow i still race
    Me: tomb proto, fow
    You: Vial
    Me: land, proto
    You:Vial at 1
    Me; attack (15)
    You:Vial at 2
    Me; attack (10)
    You:Vial at 3
    Me; attack (5)
    You:Vial at 4
    Me; attack (win)

On the draw you win by vialing in detentions-dude

So redundancy and LD was strong, 90 points!

Thread Information