Page 42 of 332 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Super rushed this morning but I think this is right
    No, you beat me every time, because even if I make you Sac Emmy, you just do it again.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

FTW: Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager

1. Asthereal: OTP I Thought-Knot you. OTD you Annihilate me. WL. 3-3
    2. Wrath of Pie: I can't stop both Mayor and Needle on Ravager. Either I lose to Mayor or I lose to my mana rocks. LL. 0-6
    3. Tylert: Same thing. I can't handle both Mayor and Needle. LL. 0-6
    4. H: OTP TKS takes Mana Crypt. OTD TKS takes Syndicate Trafficker and you lose to Ravager/your own Mana Crypt. WW 6-0
    5. Whoshim: OTP or OTD TKS takes the Curse. I have to keep Mana Crypt to pay Tabernacle tax, but my 6 power outraces Crypt's 3 damage. WW 6-0
    6. apple713: OTP I Thought-Knot you. OTD you Annihilate me. WL. 3-3
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I TKS Young Wolf. You can't Mind Swords. You can Innocent Blood it but lose to Ravager. OTD you Mind Swords me and I keep Mana Crypt and Ravager. I can make a 2/2 Ravager, which trades with with Young Wolf. WD. 4-1

7 wins, 1 draw = 22 points

@Tyler: Even if I take Mayor, if you Pithing Needle my Ravager I just lose to Mana Crypt and Mana Vault (4 damage) before TKS can kill you (4/4). So I'm 0-6 against both you and Wrath.

@GoblinSmashmaster: OTD you can draw because my Ravager is only 2/2 vs your 2/2 wolf.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    FTW: Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager

2. Wrath of Pie: I can't stop both Mayor and Needle on Ravager. Either I lose to Mayor or I lose to my mana rocks. LL. 0-6
    3. Tylert: Same thing. I can't handle both Mayor and Needle. LL. 0-6

@Tyler: Even if I take Mayor, if you Pithing Needle my Ravager I just lose to Mana Crypt and Mana Vault (4 damage) before TKS can kill you (4/4). So I'm 0-6 against both you and Wrath.
    EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. You indeed die to taking 4 a turn. He casts Peedle T1, then you cast Ravager and attack for 4. After this you get to attack for 5, but you keep taking 4 a turn, so you strike them to 1 before dying to your mana rocks.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Super rushed this morning but I think this is right
    Emrakul loses both times. When you go first, I play Innocent Blood to kill Emrakul. You reshuffle and draw either Show and Tell or Emrakul. Then I Mind Swords it and you can't combo again.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    Emrakul loses both times. When you go first, I play Innocent Blood to kill Emrakul. You reshuffle and draw either Show and Tell or Emrakul. Then I Mind Swords it and you can't combo again.
    Correct.

I do think, however, that you missed options in two other games.
    I posted them on the previous page.

PS...
    We're almost finished with this round, and I've already created my deck, so we might be able to start the round in time.
    I'm really happy my conference from yesterday didn't completely f@#$ up our 4CB schedule. Let's face it: 4CB is life.

5. Whoshim: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghost Quarter, Mountain, Curse of the Pierced Heart

1. Asthereal: Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 0-6 confirmed

2. Wrath of Pie: Ghost Quarter, Hickory Woodlot, Mayor of Avabruck, Pithing Needle 1-4

When I am on the play, I can play Ghost Quarter first. If you drop Woodlot, I blow it up. If you drop GQ to play Pithing Needle, I can blow up Ghost Quarter. You cannot pay for Tabernacle after that. We draw.

When you are on the play, you get Pithing Needle down first, so I lose.

3. Tylert: Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide, mayor of avabruck, pithing needle 1-4

When I am on the play, I can play Ghost Quarter first. If you drop GQ to play Pithing Needle, I can blow up Ghost Quarter. You cannot pay for Tabernacle after that. We draw.

When you are on the play, you get Pithing Needle down first, naming Ghost Quarter, so I lose.

4. H: Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet 6-0 confirmed

6. apple713: Mana Crypt, Tropical Island, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 0-6 confirmed

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Innocent Blood 2-2 confirmed

8. FTW: Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager 0-6 confirmed

Wrath of Pie and Tylert, I think you both got our matches wrong. Please check what I wrote.

10 points.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    5. Whoshim: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghost Quarter, Mountain, Curse of the Pierced Heart

1. Asthereal: Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 0-6 confirmed

2. Wrath of Pie: Ghost Quarter, Hickory Woodlot, Mayor of Avabruck, Pithing Needle 1-4

When I am on the play, I can play Ghost Quarter first. If you drop Woodlot, I blow it up. If you drop GQ to play Pithing Needle, I can blow up Ghost Quarter. You cannot pay for Tabernacle after that. We draw.

When you are on the play, you get Pithing Needle down first, so I lose.

3. Tylert: Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide, mayor of avabruck, pithing needle 1-4

When I am on the play, I can play Ghost Quarter first. If you drop GQ to play Pithing Needle, I can blow up Ghost Quarter. You cannot pay for Tabernacle after that. We draw.

When you are on the play, you get Pithing Needle down first, naming Ghost Quarter, so I lose.

4. H: Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet 6-0 confirmed

6. apple713: Mana Crypt, Tropical Island, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 0-6 confirmed

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Innocent Blood 2-2 confirmed

8. FTW: Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager 0-6 confirmed

Wrath of Pie and Tylert, I think you both got our matches wrong. Please check what I wrote.

10 points.
    I agree. needle can get lands. I'm so used to play with revoker i sometimes forget the difference :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for round 6:

Rank, user name: score - season points:
    1. Asthereal (TO): 29 - 4,1
    1. apple713: 29 - 4,1
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: 27 - 3,9
    4. FTW: 22 - 3,1
    5. Tylert: 21 - 3,0
    6. Wrath of Pie: 19 - 2,7
    7. Whoshim: 10 - 1,4
    8. H: 0 - 0

Which leads to the following bannings:
    Elvish Spirit Guide
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Ghost Quarter
    Innocent Blood
    Mana Crypt
    Mayor of Avabruck
    Mind Swords
    Overgrown Tomb
    Pithing Needle
    Show and Tell
    Snow-Covered Island
    Tropical Island
    Young Wolf

In the season ranking, not much changes. Apple consolidates his lead, and a few others trade places, but nothing incredible happens. Maybe next round.

EDIT: Tylert jumps over FTW because of adjusted scores, which leads to different bannings.
    EDIT2: Scratch that. Scores recalculated again and Tylert drops below FTW again, so old bannings take effect again. Thankfully this isn't confusing at all.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-27-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Round 7 of 4CB Season 2, the Vintage Bannathon, has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 7, so you can start sending me your decks.
    You will find standings for round 6 and new bannings based on results from round 6 in the Google Spreadsheet, or in the post above.

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 7: WEDNESDAY the 29th of May, at 6:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine. Also yes, we're back to the normal schedule.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Goblin Guide, Mogg Fanatic, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S02R06 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post and in the Google Spreadsheet). So keep an eye on what you send in.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, the Google Spreadsheet has been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Happy deck designing everybody!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Preliminary standings for round 6:

Rank, user name: score - season points:
    1. Asthereal (TO): 29 - 4,1
    1. apple713: 29 - 4,1
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: 27 - 3,9
    4. FTW: 22 - 3,1
    5. Wrath of Pie: 18 - 2,9
    6. Tylert: 19 - 2,7
    7. Whoshim: 10 - 1,4
    8. H: 0 - 0

Which leads to the following bannings:
    Arcbound Ravager
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Innocent Blood
    Mana Crypt
    Mind Swords
    Overgrown Tomb
    Show and Tell
    Snow-Covered Island
    Thought-Knot Seer
    Tropical Island
    Young Wolf

In the season ranking, not much changes. Apple consolidates his lead, and a few others trade places, but nothing incredible happens. Maybe next round.
    How come I'm behind Wrath of Pie with more points?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    How come I'm behind Wrath of Pie with more points?
    Because you don't have more points. Wrath had entered a wrong amount of points somewhere, which I caught and adjusted.
    I adjusted the season points in the post above, but I forgot to change the points for the round.

I have now edited the post so it reflects the correct amount of points both in score for the round and in season points.

Apologies for the mistake.

Because you don't have more points. Wrath had entered a wrong amount of points somewhere, which I caught and adjusted.
    I adjusted the season points in the post above, but I forgot to change the points for the round.

I have now edited the post so it reflects the correct amount of points both in score for the round and in season points.

Apologies for the mistake.
    Fairly certain that I lose the mirror, especially on the play, because I have to Pithing Needle Ghost Quarter first (otherwise Hickory Woodlot does nothing and I can never cast my Mayor) while he can hold his Pithing Needle to delay the transformation of my Mayor.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Fairly certain that I lose the mirror, especially on the play, because I have to Pithing Needle Ghost Quarter first (otherwise Hickory Woodlot does nothing and I can never cast my Mayor) while he can hold his Pithing Needle to delay the transformation of my Mayor.
    Let's do the analysis, because this is complicated:

T1 = Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide --> mayor. You play ghost quarter and pithing needle and name ghost quarter.
    T2 = I attack with mayor (19), play nothing --> mayor transforms on your turn. You play mayor.
    T3 = I attack (16) i play needle so that mayor doesn't transform. I get a wolf. You play nothing mayor transforms
    T4 = I attack with mayor only, you still cannot block (13) i get a second wolf. You do nothing and get one wolf
    T5 = I attack with mayor only, still can't block (10), i get a third wolf. You do nothing and get a second wolf
    T6 = if i attack with mayor, you kill it with 2 wolves, if i attack with everything, same outcome and i loose 1 wolf. If i attack with wolves only i loose all my wolves. I'll allways be one wolf ahead, but it doesnt help me. because if my mayor dies, i'll be out of ressources.

same thing on the draw. so DD.

Sep 2011

Let's do the analysis, because this is complicated:

T1 = Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide --> mayor. You play ghost quarter and pithing needle and name ghost quarter.
    T2 = I attack with mayor (19), play nothing --> mayor transforms on your turn. You play mayor.

same thing on the draw. so DD.
    That doesn't look right. He can't cast Mayor on turn 2 because he needs a way to generate 2 mana.

T1 You = GQ, ESG -> Mayor
    Him = GQ -> Pithing Needle naming GQ.

T2 You = Attack with Mayor (19). Mayor flips on his upkeep
    Him = Tapped Hickory Woodlot.

T3 You = Attack with Howlpack (16). EOT wolf #1.
    Him = Mayor

T4 You = Pithing Needle. Attack with Howlpack and 1 wolf (10). EOT Wolf #2
    Him = Do nothing. Mayor flips on your upkeep.

T5 You = Attack with 2 wolves (4). EOT Wolf#3
    Him = Hold back Howlpack. EOT Wolf.

Now he has 2 3/3 blockers, but you have 4 3/3 attackers so you win.

On the draw...

T1 Him = GQ -> Pithing Needle naming GQ
    You = GQ, ESG -> Mayor

T2 Him = Tapped Hickory Woodlot.
    You = Mayor flips. Attack with Howlpack (17). EOT Wolf #1

T3 Him = Mayor
    You = Needle. Attack with Howlpack and 1 wolf (11). EOT wolf #2

T4 Him = Do nothing. Mayor flips on your turn.
    You = Attack with 2 wolves (5). EOT wolf #3

T5 Him = Hold back Howlpack. EOT wolf.
    You = Attack with 4 3/3s into 2 3/3s.

You win both.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

(Analysis leading into:)

You win both.
    This looks correct. I will adjust the scores.

By the way, it looks like this matters for bannings, as Tylert now jumps over FTW.

So no longer banned are:
    Mana Vault
    Thought-Knot Seer
    Arcbound Ravager

And these do get banned:
    Ghost Quarter
    Elvish spirit guide
    Mayor of Avabruck
    Pithing Needle

EDIT: Adjusted the scores and bannings. Also sent a new deck to myself, as new bannings invalidated my previous deck.
    EDIT2: Scratch the above. Old bannings resume. So:

Banned are:
    Mana Vault
    Thought-Knot Seer
    Arcbound Ravager

NOT banned are:
    Ghost Quarter
    Elvish spirit guide
    Mayor of Avabruck
    Pithing Needle

Last chance to play Ghost Quarter, I'm assuming.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-27-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

i'm just too bad for this game

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

i'm just too bad for this game
    You'll get the hang of it.

This round you found a better version of the deck one of our best players sported.

Sep 2011

I was wrong about Tyler OTD. Wrath doesn't need to play Needle if Tyler hasn't cast Mayor yet, since Tyler can't afford to lose GQ before that. Tyler was right about drawing!

On the draw...

T1 Him = GQ -> Pithing Needle naming GQ
    You = GQ, ESG -> Mayor

T2 Him= Tapped Hickory Woodlot.
    You = Mayor flips. Attack with Howlpack (17). EOT Wolf #1
    It should be

T1 Wrath = Tapped Hickory Woodlot
    Tyler = GQ, kill Woodlot --> Draw

OR

Tyler = GQ, ESG -> Mayor

T2 Wrath = GQ. Mayor
    Tyler = Pithing Needle (mayors flipping on his turn is bad, since he gets the 3/3 first)

T3 Wrath = Needle (same reason)
    Tyler = do nothing

T4 Wrath = both Mayors flip. EOT Wolf #1
    Tyler = Don't attack. EOT Wolf #1

Should be a draw.

WD 4-1 for Tylert vs WrathOfPie, not a WW.

I swear I didn't just notice that line to keep 4th place :p

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I was wrong about Tyler OTD. Wrath doesn't need to play Needle if Tyler hasn't cast Mayor yet, since Tyler can't afford to lose GQ before that. Tyler was right about drawing!

It should be

Tyler = GQ, kill Woodlot --> Draw

OR

Tyler = GQ, ESG -> Mayor

T2 Wrath = GQ. Mayor
    Tyler = Pithing Needle (mayors flipping on his turn is bad, since he gets the 3/3 first)

T3 Wrath = Needle (same reason)
    Tyler = do nothing

T4 Wrath = both Mayors flip. EOT Wolf #1
    Tyler = Don't attack. EOT Wolf #1

Should be a draw.

WD 4-1 for Tylert vs WrathOfPie, not a WW.

I swear I didn't just notice that line to keep 4th place :p
    *Insert random profanity here*

Everyone agree on the 4-1 for Tylert?
    I have to change everything again, and again this matters for bannings.

The one deck I received already is legal either way, so that's good.
    Still, Whoshim, if you like, you can send in something else.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

*Insert random profanity here*

Everyone agree on the 4-1 for Tylert?
    I have to change everything again, and again this matters for bannings.

The one deck I received already is legal either way, so that's good.
    Still, Whoshim, if you like, you can send in something else.
    So what is or is not banned for this round? I'm confused.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information