Page 15 of 332 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Sep 2011

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Why couldn't I play Duress on my turn 2 though? Wouldn't Prototype still win that race being cast on my turn 3?
    You can attack a turn earlier!

Turn 2 - Prototype
    Turn 3 - Duress (paying 2 mana). Hit 0 targets. Attack for 5.

Should be 6-0 for you.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    3. Apple713: OTP, you force Thalia but i can bounce chancellor. OTD, same situation 2-2 --> 8
    OTD he wins. He plays Vial and lets Thalia resolve. Vial gets to 3. End of your turn, Vial in Deputy to exile Leyline. With that trigger on the stack, you can tap Karakas to bounce it and keep Leyline. He untaps and Vials in Deputy again removing Leyline. This time Karakas is tapped and you can't respond. By the time Karakas untaps, Deputy is not a Legend. 1/3 holds off Thalia until Chancellor kills you.

OTP you play Thalia before he plays Vial, so he has to Force it and draw.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

1. Asthereal (TO): I think I actually win both of these, because I can still cast Duress on my turn 2 on the Draw and still race (Actually, Proto on turn 2 and Duress on T3, as PK pointed out). 6-0 (6)
    2. CptHaddock: Duress should get this on the play, taking Snapback and then I can race the Bazaar. SHould be the same on the draw. 6-0 (12)
    3. apple713: I think I win this on the play, Duress takes Vial or gets Forced. Neither is good for him. On the Draw, I lose. 3-3 (15)
    4. ronco: Force does nothing, neither does Claim, Protoype should be able to race Student. 6-0 (21)
    5. JackaBo: Too many Prototypes 0-6 (21)
    6. kombatkiwi: I have to Duress Mind Swords on the play and then I think I win that race (nope, I don't). On the draw, I get screwed by Swords even without Affliction. 0-6 (21)
    7. tescrin: I don't think I can race mayor like this. 0-6 (21)
    8. Wrath of Pie: A draw on the play, due to Duress. A loss on the draw. 1-4 (22)
    9. Mr. Safety: I think this is a win for me on the play, but a draw on my draw, because I think he ends up with a 5/5 on the turn I am swinging to win, so he has to trade. On the draw, he can't actually be faster and I wouldn't ever play my creature before his. 4-1 (26)
    10. spirit of the wretch: Can't beat Leyline and Karkas. 0-6 (26)
    11. H: BYE, Myself.
    12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage I think I win this race on both the Play and the Draw, but I need to think about it more. 6-0 (32)
    13. PirateKing: Duress takes Command, pretty sure I can race Shortfang. 6-0 (38)
    14. Tylert: I just can't beat Leyline plus Karakas. I can salvage one draw on the play. 1-4 (39)
    15. Ace/Homebrew: Pretty sure I lose this race even on the play, because once you have all three Thalids, they all can block and one survives due to the Pendlehaven pump. Worse on the draw. 0-6 (39)
    16. Duress takes Divest, but I lose to Mayor + Factory. On the draw, I lose to Divest. 0-6 (39)
    17. FTW: Duress does nothing, too many threats. 0-6 (39)
    18. Kap'n Cook: Duress takes Force of Will, which doesn't really matter, but in any case, my 5 power outraces his 4 power. 6-0 (45)

Well, that proves that, I don't think Duress is busted. 45 is pretty bad, deck was definitely bad.
    Last edited by H; 02-27-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    You can attack a turn earlier!

Turn 2 - Prototype
    Turn 3 - Duress (paying 2 mana). Hit 0 targets. Attack for 5.

Should be 6-0 for you.
    Good point, yeah, I think this is the case.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

1. Asthereal (TO): Turn 1 Thalia locks me out of KCom, but I flip into Stabwhisker the Odious on turn 4, leaving him to block is a 7 turn clock, if you force Thalia through it gets even worse. 6-0 (6)
    2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon gets lost to either Nezumi Shortfang or the KCom to bring him back if he's countered 6-0 (12)
    3. apple713: KCom destroying Vial demands a Force, but then you lose Chancellor to Nezumi Shortfang 6-0 (18)
    4. ronco: Sea's Claim on Rakdos Carnarium turns everything off 0-6 (18)
    5. JackaBo: Field of Ruin on Rakdos Carnarium turns everything off 0-6 (18)
    6. kombatkiwi: Mind Swords T1 halves my deck, nothing I can do about that 0-6 (18)
    7. tescrin: OTP you can Port me off Nezumi Shortfang, I can KCom away the Dryad, but then we're stuck. OTD Mayor flips and then I get Ported, except this time I'm dead 1-4 (19)
    8. Wrath of Pie: Wholey beaten 0-6 (19)
    9. Mr. Safety: Duress takes KCom, but if you play Chronomaton first to grow it outside of Keldon Megaliths range, you'll lose it to your own Innocent Blood once I play Nezumi Shortfang. If you wait for Nezumi Shortfang, Chronomaton never survives past 1/1 and I ping the game. 6-0 (25)
    10. spirit of the wretch: Student of Warfare grows too big too fast, Force or Leyline bounce, either is lethal 0-6 (25)
    11. H: Lupine Prototype is too fast a clock after losing KCom 0-6 (25)
    12. Dan Pyre: Brimstone Mage dies to KCom, I can ride a threat to victory 6-0 (31)

14. Tylert: Locked out every possible way 0-6 (31)
    15. Ace/Homebrew: By the time Stabwisker the Odious comes out on Turn 4, it's a 7 turn clock from there, and my math doesn't have you presenting lethal in 11 turns 6-0 (37)
    16. phonics: Mayor flips before I can KCom him away, even getting back Nezumi Shortfang, the math doesn't work 0-6 (37)
    17. FTW: You play the Chronomatons first, they'll grow past 2/2, so you keep both. Racing works in your favor. 0-6 (37)
    18. Kap'n Cook: I think I can race Greenbelt Rampager, even a turn slower if it's countered then brought back with KCom 6-0 (43)

Sorry to everybody else who lost to Lupine Prototype, I didn't mean for it to turn out like this.

Ban kombatwiki (and his deck with him) :p
    Last edited by PirateKing; 02-28-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Why couldn't I play Duress on my turn 2 though? Wouldn't Prototype still win that race being cast on my turn 3?
    Because I can't read and so you don't have a second land, according to my analysis.
    I'll adjust the score.

8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity

1. Asthereal (TO): Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle WW
    2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback LL
    3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention DD
    4. ronco: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, tundra, student of warfare DL - See below posts
    5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin WL
    6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou WD - Gibbering Descent skips the upkeep, so Shrieking Affliction does nothing. Mind Swords still forces a draw.
    7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory LL
    9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton WD
    10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare DD - Keeping Leyline in hand means you can Force my LED.
    11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress WD
    12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage WW
    13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command WW - When you are on the draw, I have a head start in the pinging race.
    14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal WW
    15. Ace/Homebrew: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid WW
    16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck LL
    17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype WW
    18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager DD

16w + 10d = 58
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 02-27-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Matchup math is hard

super spicy decks this time guys, nice job

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Should be DL.

OTD He leads with Student, lets your combo resolve, and beats Karakas with Sea's Claim. OTP you have the tempo on him and he can't stick a threat.

T1 Him: Student
    T1 You: Tap out to combo. He lets it resolve.
    T2 Him: Discard FoW. Sea's Claim Karakas. Student wins race.

OR

T1 You: Karakas, bounce Student
    T2 Him: Sea's Claim Karakas
    T2 You: Combo
    T3 Him: Discard FoW. Cast Student. Win.

In general I think you LL vs Factory or noncreature threats, WL vs land destruction, WD vs discard and DD vs Force. I really like your build. What a fringe combo.

So far of all the results posted I disagree with the following (only for my matchups, I haven't bothered to look at everyone):
    H: You don't actually win the race after Duressing Swords when you're on the play
    Wrath of Pie: I think you forgot that with Gibbering Descent skipping your upkeep you don't take any damage from Shrieking Affliction
    FTW: You didn't consider me playing Wolf turn 1 when I'm on the play and then dinging you for 1 before playing Affliction + Swords turn 2

1. Asthereal (Cavern Thalia Mom Chancellor) 3 Points
    Play: I play affliction, they play thalia, I play Wolf, they play Mom, Wolf can't get through Mom but Affliction races Thalia
    Draw: I lose to turn 1 Thalia

2. CptHaddock (Form Bazaar Force Snapback) 2 Points
    Play: I play turn 1 Affliction, which they can't Force because they will lose to Wolf Swords. They play Bazaar. I play Young Wolf and they Force it. Can they race Affliction? No. So actually what they do is never play Bazaar and then they can't win but affliction never deals them any damage.
    Draw: It plays out the same because even with turn 1 Bazaar they can't race Affliction (they would die in their upkeep the turn they can cast Form of the Dragon)

3. apple713 (Chancellor Vial Force Deputy) 2 Points
    Exact same situation as vs CptHaddock

4. ronco (Force Claim Tundra Student) 0 Points
    If I play turn 1 Affliction then they FoW it and I lose to Student
    If I play turn 1 Wolf then they let it resolve. If I play Mind Swords they let it resolve and I lose. If I play nothing then they untap and Seas Claim my Bayou and I lose to Student.

5. JackaBo (Tomb Prototype Prototype Field) 3 Points
    Play: Turn 1 Affliction, opponent plays turn 1 Proto (18), I play Wolf Swords
    Opp: 15: attack me to 15
    Me: Attack (13)
    Opp: 10, Attack me to 10
    Me: Attack (8)
    Opp: 5, Attack me to 5
    Me:
    Opp: 2, Attack, I chump block
    Me:
    Opp: Dead
    Draw: If I turn 1 Affliction then I lose the race to the 2nd Prototype and if I turn 1 Wolf Swords then I lose the race to the first one

6. ---

7. tescrin (Mayor Arbor Port Factory) 3 Points
    Play: Turn 1 Affliction, no matter what land they play they lose to Wolf Swords and they lose to 1/1 Wolf beats if they play nothing
    Draw: They play turn 1 Arbor threatening turn 2 Mayor so I have to Wolf Swords, he keeps Factory. Then they can immediately attack/block with Factory and if I trade it with Wolf I die to the Dryad Arbor

8. Wrath of Pie (LED Karakas Singularity Gibbering) 1 Point
    Play: Turn 0 Leyline, Turn 1 Swords, they keep Karakas
    Draw: They gets their combo off turn 1 and I lose because Karakas stops Wolf and Gibbering Descent disables my Affliction damage

9. Mr. Safety (Swamp Duress Blood Chronomaton) 6 Points
    Play: Turn 1 Affliction. If they play Swamp Duress discarding Mind Swords, I play Young Wolf and start attacking. If they do nothing Wolf will kill them, Innocent Blood doesn't kill the Wolf and Chronomaton loses the race to Affliction. If their turn 1 is Chronomaton rather than Duress then my turn 2 is Wolf Swords and they lose the race again
    Draw: If opponent plays turn 1 Duress taking Affliction then followup Wolf Swords exiles the rest of their cards. If they Duress Swords or play Chronomoton turn 1 then they lose the race to Affliction again

10. spirit of the wretch (Force Singularity Karakas Student) 0 Points
    Play/Draw: They keep Leyline in hand and hold up FoW for Affliction, Young Wolf loses to student

11. H (Cavern Swamp Prototype Duress) 6 Points
    Play: Turn 1 Swords GG
    Draw: If they Duress affliction they lose all their cards to Mind Swords and Wolf Kills them. If they Duress Swords then Prototype loses the Race to Wolf + Affliction
    Me: Wolf
    H: Cavern Proto
    Me: Affliction
    H: Afflict 17, attack me to 15
    Me: Attack with Wolf (16)
    H: Afflict 13, attack me to 10
    Me: Attack with Wolf (12)
    H: Afflict to 9, Attack me to 5
    Me:
    H: Afflict to 6, Attack, I block, Undying trigger
    Me:
    H: Afflict to 3, Attack, I block
    Me:
    H: Afflict to 0

12. Dan Pyre (Cavern City Rattleclaw Brimstone) 6 Points
    Always loses to turn 1 Mind Swords

13. PirateKing (Megaliths Carnarium Shortfang Kolaghans) 6 Points
    Always loses to turn 1 Mind Swords

14. Tylert (Leyline Thalia Karakas Petal) 3 Points
    Play: Turn 1 affliction, either they play Thalia which loses the Race to Affliction or die to turn 2 Mind Swords
    Draw: Opp plays Thalia turn 1 and I can't cast anything while they just bounce Wolf forever with Karakas

15. Ace/Homebrew (Pendelhaven Thallid Thallid Thallid) 3 Points
    Play: Affliction + 2/2 easily beats 1 Thallid + Pendelhaven
    Draw: Thallid, Turn 1 Wolf pass, 1 Spore cast 2nd Thallid pass, I attack (19) and Swords, exiling 1 Thallid
    Opp: Afflict to 16, 1 and 2 counter
    They attack with 1 Thallid
    I will not block to protect my Wolf from Pendelhaven but they will not Pendelhaven to protect themselves on the swingback (me 19)
    I pass
    They afflict to 13 spore 2 and 3
    They attack with both, I block, they Pendelhaven the blocked Thallid and I take 1 to 18 (if I don't block they don't Pendelhaven and they can protect from the swingback with token + Pendelhaven)
    They make a token in my eot
    Afflict to 10 Spore 1 and 3
    They attack for 3 + Pendelhaven I go to 14
    They make a token in my EOT (2 token)
    Afflict to 7 Spore 1 and 2
    Attack for 4 + Pendelhaven I go to 9
    Afflict to 4 Spore 2 and 3
    Attack for 4 + Pendelhaven I go to 4
    Make a token
    Afflict to 1 and kill me
    I don't think I have a better line than this

16. Phonics (Bayou Factory Divest Mayor) EDIT 3 Points
    Play: I play turn 1 Wolf pass so his Divest has no targets. Whatever he does on his turn 1 I play Affliction + Swords on my turn 2 and he can't race it
    Draw: Turn 1 Divest Wolf into Turn 2 Mayor races Affliction

17. FTW (City Chronomaton Chronomaton Prototype) 3 Points
    Play: On turn 1 I Wolf pass, you play Proto, I attack for 1 and then Affliction + Swords
    Opp: Afflict 16, attack me to 15
    Me: Attack with 2/2 Wolf (14)
    Opp: Afflict to 11, attack me to 10
    Me: Attack with Wolf (9)
    Opp: Afflict to 6, attack me to 5
    Me:
    Opp: Afflict to 3, attack, Wolf Chump
    Me:
    Opp: Dead, I don't think you win the race with turn 1 Chronomatons either
    Draw: I get smashed

18. Kap'n Cook (Force Familiar Tropical Greenbelt) 2 Points
    Same as CptHaddock/apple713, they hold Force for Young Wolf and never play anything else

Total: 52 (Was 50 but realised I have 2 more points vs Phonics)
    The Wolf Swords combo is good but I think maybe the 4th card can be optimized
    I wasn't thinking when I built this with Affliction that the best possible result against any Force deck is a draw
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 02-28-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    So far of all the results posted I disagree with the following (only for my matchups, I haven't bothered to look at everyone):
    H: You don't actually win the race after Duressing Swords when you're on the play
    Oh, yeah, once again, I forgot that Affliction triggers in my upkeep.

Sep 2011

FTW: You didn't consider me playing Wolf turn 1 when I'm on the play and then dinging you for 1 before playing Affliction + Swords turn 2
    Ah right. I had you playing Wolf turn 1, but forgot I couldn't block with Prototype because you empty our hands after combat. That 1 damage lets you chump with Wolf at the end to win the race.

WL 3-3

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

First of all: Awesome decks this round!
    Second: Leyline and Karakas is catching on... Imight need to switch =)

10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare

1. Asthereal (TO): Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle
    Leyline + Karakas > Thalia + Mother => 6

2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback
    Forces trade, Student races Bazaar => 6

3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention
    we draw => 2

4. ronco: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, tundra, student of warfare
    Forces trade and so do creatures => 2

5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin
    LD + Fast Clock > my deck! => 0

6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou
    Force for Affliction, Student > Wolf => 6

7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory
    What he said! => 0

8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity
    I force his thread, he kills mine => 2

9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton
    I kill his thread, he kills mine => 2

11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress
    Leyline + Karakas > Lupine Prototype => 6

12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage
    Leyline + Karakas > Rattleclaw Mystic => 6

13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command
    Leyline + Karakas > Nezumi Shortfang => 6

14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal
    I kill his thread, he kills mine => 2

15. Ace/Homebrew: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid
    Leyline + Karakas > Thallid => 6

16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck
    OTP I play Student and Leyline handels his threads and Student goes the distance, OTD he takes Student and factory wins => 3

17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype
    OTP I play Student and Leyline handels his threads and Student goes the distance, OTD I can't play Student and we draw => 4

18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager
    Forces trade, Student races Rampager => 6

=> 65 Punkte

@FTW: I think I win on the play as I can bounce your only creature each turn and beat down with the student.
    Last edited by spirit of the wretch; 03-02-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post
    17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype
    OTP I play Student and Leyline handels his threads and Student goes the distance, OTD I can't play Student and we draw => 4

@FTW: I think I win on the play as I can bounce your only creature each turn and beat down with the student.
    But I can play 2 creatures

T1 - Student
    Me - Double Chrono

Edit: No I can't.
    Last edited by FTW; 02-28-2019 at 03:38 AM.

My Deck: Tundra, sea's claim, force of will, student of warfare

1. Asthereal (TO): Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle. OTD I draw to thalia/Mom. OTP I drop student, begin leveling up. you play cavern and thalia (I can't counter). I can't play seas claim now. You drop mom. you can attack for 2 unblockable or you can leave back for defense. I think we draw both games because I can get to a 3/3 first strike in 2 turns, and 4/4 double strike in 7, but it doesn't get through. +2.

2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback. Either way we race. I try to seas claim your land and you force, or i don't and you force my force on form of the dragon. or you try to force/bounce my creature and i force it back. OTP, I play student. you play land tapped. I begin leveling up and attacking.

t2 L1, 1/1 (19), you add 1 storage (1)
    t3 L2 3/3 (16) you add 1 counter (2)
    t4 L3 3/3 (13), (3)
    t5 L4 3/3 (10), (4)
    t6 L5 3/3 (7), (5)
    t7 L6 3/3 (4), (6)
    t8 L7 4/4 double strike, game. you put a 7th counter on in response just because.

OTD, I think i still win it just by a turn.
    T1 land tapped, 1/1 L0
    t2 add (1), 1/1 L1 (19)
    t3 add (2), 3/3 L2 (16)
    t4 add (3), 3/3 L3 (13)
    t5 add (4), 3/3 L4 (10)
    t6 add (5), 3/3 L5 (7)
    t7 add (6), 3/3 L6 (4)
    t8 add (7), 4/4 L7 game.
    +6.

3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention. OTP I win (you need to get to your 8th upkeep, 7th after playing). I try to force vial and you force the force exiling detention dude. see above timeline for ticking up. I get there in 1 turn before you can stabilize. OTD we draw for above reasons as our creatures would kill each other, and yours has vigilance. +4

4. me. +0
    5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin. I lose both. I can force one Lupine but not the other and i lose the race and can't level up. +0

6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou. OTP I play student. I can force the affliction or the creature and level up to victory. OTD, I guess your best move is the go affliction, then t2 creature/swords? I think i have it either way. +6.

7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory. port stops me from levelling up, not enough mana to port me out and attack. draw both +2.

8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity. Interesting deck here. OTP I think I win - I get down t1 student, you either bounce it with karakas or you go for the enchantment. either way, I can seas claim the karakas and discard the force and just attack with the dude. OTD, you play everything t1, and I force the enchantment (If i let it go and discard force, I can't play sea's claim AND student). we stalemate from bouncing my guy every turn/seas claim the karakas and no attacks . +4

9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton. I lose both. OTP I play land. you duress a seas claim (or i force it, same difference). Chonomaton wins the race when you do play it (I wait until you do for I-blood). OTD same thing. +0.

10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare. I think we draw due to having nearly identical decks. OTP I drop creature. you play yours, I try to force, you return force (you left leyline in your hand). Since i got mine down first, I level up faster, but it isn't enough to be lethal (I get +3 and +8 damage in before they stale mate). OTD I think the reverse happens. +2

11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress. OTP, land, student. you duress my seas claim, I lose the race. OTD, same thing. +0.

12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage. OTP, I turn 1 student. I assume your play is t1 cavern, t2 city otherwise it doesn't work. you t2 either creature, I sea's claim the city and you can't level up your red shaman. I think i win the race here. OTD, same thing, just 1 turn slower. I keep you off the mana necessary to level up your shaman and win. Or I force the morph creature and same thing happens. +6.

13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command - OTP I seas claim your carnarium, you can't cast anything. OTD, same thing. Student gets through. +6.

14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal. OTP, we draw. I can't keep student without seas claim, which i can't keep without forcing thalia (if thalia lands i cant pay the tax). OTD, same. +2.

15. Ace/Homebrew: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid. I almost made a deck like this lol. OTP I drop student then sea's claim the pendelhaven. Thallid too slow to keep up. OTD, i seas claim then student, same thing. +6.

16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck. OTP I play land, student. Divest can hurt me no more. you play bayou and i seas claim, or you don't and i force the mayor. tick up student for the win. OTD, i force divest, you eventually get me with the mayor's tokens. +3.

17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype. I lose both to the volume of beats. +0.

18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager. OTP I play student, we force battle for it. you take a few turns getting the rampager out but student gets there first. OTD, I think we have the same result. +6

Please verify my results, I'm not very good at playing out alternative strategies (esp the do nothing draws).

55 points.

Wrath of pie - I agree with FTW's assessment.
    TylerT - you have me winning the match, but I can't pay the tax for sea's claim. I think we draw. Let me know if you see differently.
    Spirit of the wench - I think we DD instead of WL. the person on the play only gets 1 attack at each level before the other catches up, which I don't think is enough to swing (3/3 and 4/4 double strike + force damage is 12). We stalemate at that point.
    Last edited by ronco; 02-28-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

But I can play 2 creatures

T1 - Student
    Me - Double Chrono

Then you can only bounce one, and from then on I can always keep at least 1 Chrono in play while you bounce my other play. Your best bet is to attack and trade. If you try to race (bounce my blocker instead of my attacker), my 1/1 hits you first and I win that race.

I think you might draw to Thallids OTD for the same reason. In order for you to cast Student, he gets at least 2 Thallids in play. Pendelhaven gives him the edge in combat.
    Crono is legendary because of leyline. And so are the Thalids. So you can only have one.

@ronco: you are of course right. Brainfart...
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Should be DL.

OTD He leads with Student, lets your combo resolve, and beats Karakas with Sea's Claim. OTP you have the tempo on him and he can't stick a threat.

T1 Him: Student
    T1 You: Tap out to combo. He lets it resolve.
    T2 Him: Discard FoW. Sea's Claim Karakas. Student wins race.

OR

T1 You: Karakas, bounce Student
    T2 Him: Sea's Claim Karakas
    T2 You: Combo
    T3 Him: Discard FoW. Cast Student. Win.

In general I think you LL vs Factory or noncreature threats, WL vs land destruction, WD vs discard and DD vs Force. I really like your build. What a fringe combo.
    I confused myself on that matchup somehow and thought I had a drawing line on the draw. DL is indeed correct.

Wrath of Pie: I think you forgot that with Gibbering Descent skipping your upkeep you don't take any damage from Shrieking Affliction
    Now that is hilarious.

Guess the madness got to me.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    TylerT - you have me winning the match, but I can't pay the tax for sea's claim. I think we draw. Let me know if you see differently.
    Agreed. forgot about thalia's tax although i'm a DnT player :(

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post
    Crono is legendary because of leyline. And so are the Thalids. So you can only have one.
    Oh right lol, Legend Rule. Fixed my result.

On another note, I'm glad to see others catching on to Student of Warfare. It races most 1-drops well.

Edited my post with the remaining results from Haddock/apple/AceHomebrew/Kapncook

Thread Information