Page 41 of 332 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Looks like I would have had time to post decks today regardless of having to organize an event today.

But... deadline remains as mentioned, so you guys have about 20 more hours.
    Which it looks like you need, as I'm at 3 entries so far... Hard to deckbuild this time?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Looks like I would have had time to post decks today regardless of having to organize an event today.

But... deadline remains as mentioned, so you guys have about 20 more hours.
    Which it looks like you need, as I'm at 3 entries so far... Hard to deckbuild this time?
    Am i counted in?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Am i counted in?
    Yup, your deck is safely stored in my PM inbox. People are sleeping.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Yup, your deck is safely stored in my PM inbox. People are sleeping.
    I'll have something in soon, I was spinning my wheels yesterday and ran out of time to come up with something that didn't suck. This morning I'll have to just pick something that does suck.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Truth be told, im struggling to find a deck this week too.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Between sickness and busy-ness, it was a hectic week. I decided to just dig into my document of ideas and pick one. I haven't had the time to do much thinking about what the current meta will look like.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

All of our regulars have managed to come up with a deck. I'll be posting them soon.

BUT... One of the decks doesn't actually do anything. I've decided to be a really nice person for a change, and give that person 3 hours to send me something new.
    So decks are scheduled to be posted in about three hours.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

All of our regulars have managed to come up with a deck. I'll be posting them soon.

BUT... One of the decks doesn't actually do anything. I've decided to be a really nice person for a change, and give that person 3 hours to send me something new.
    So decks are scheduled to be posted in about three hours.
    I had a very nice idea: Double chancelor of the tangle, myr superion and dismember because it is a free spell! then I realized :)

*checks notifications to make sure it wasn't me* Phew!

Having some grace is fine, even though I really want to see the lists before I go to sleep (it is currently 6pm here).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    *checks notifications to make sure it wasn't me* Phew!

Having some grace is fine, even though I really want to see the lists before I go to sleep (it is currently 6pm here).
    The player in question has sent me something new. I'll prepare the decks and post them within an hour or two.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 6 OF THE VINTAGE BANNATHON (In order of receiving the first PM.)

1. Asthereal: Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2. Wrath of Pie: Ghost Quarter, Hickory Woodlot, Mayor of Avabruck, Pithing Needle
    3. Tylert: Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide, mayor of avabruck, pithing needle
    4. H: Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet
    5. Whoshim: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghost Quarter, Mountain, Curse of the Pierced Heart
    6. apple713: Mana Crypt, Tropical Island, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Innocent Blood
    8. FTW: Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'm updating the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Note for the Bannathon:
    With 8 participants again, the top 4 scoring decks for this round will be banned for next rounds.
    So if you want to start brewing for round 7 already, keep that in mind.

GoblinSmashmaster results for Round "We forgot the other 0-mana artifact"

1. Asthereal: Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Innocent Blood then Mind Swords breaks your combo. 6-0

2. Wrath of Pie: Ghost Quarter, Hickory Woodlot, Mayor of Avabruck, Pithing Needle
    We stare at each other. 2-2

3. Tylert: Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide, mayor of avabruck, pithing needle
    Mind Swords/Innocent Blood stops Mayor. 4-1

4. H: Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet
    Mind Swords stops you from casting colored spells. 6-0

5. Whoshim: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghost Quarter, Mountain, Curse of the Pierced Heart
    Mind Swords stops Curse, but I can't beat Tabernacle + GQ. 2-2

6. apple713: Mana Crypt, Tropical Island, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Innocent Blood then Mind Swords breaks your combo. 6-0

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Innocent Blood
    That's me!

I stop Thought-Knot and lose/draw to Ravager. 1-4

Total points: 27

Edits: I draw to Whoshim both times and draw to FTW on the play.
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 05-23-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal results for round "Oh shit Mana Crypt is still legal!" (also known as round 6):

1. Asthereal: that's busy me, copying my deck from round 4: Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2. Wrath of Pie: Emrakul gets down and annihilates the board. 6-0
    3. Tylert: Emrakul gets down and annihilates the board. 6-0
    4. H: You can drop Signet from Show and Tell, but if you use Angrath's Rampage to make me sac Emry, I get to shuffle back Emry and S&T. You can't kill me in 3 turns so I still get to annihilate your board. 6-0
    5. Whoshim: I can pay for Emry with the Crypt. 6-0
    6. apple713: Two draws, as the one who casts S&T gets annihilated. 2-2
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: OTD Mind Swords kills me. OTP I have to go for it or lose to Mind Swords, but you cast Innocent Blood. I shuffle back Emry and S&T, but you can turn 2 Mind Swords away part of the combo and then kill me. 0-6
    8. FTW: OTP I make Emry, OTD you tie a knot in my Show and Tell. 3-3

Total: 29 points. That's better.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: (Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet)

1. Asthereal: (Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn)
    Pretty sure I can't win fast enough, because 5 power on turn 5 means I could only win on turn 9, which is more that enough time for Show and Tell to be recast. 0-6

2. Wrath of Pie: (Ghost Quarter, Hickory Woodlot, Mayor of Avabruck, Pithing Needle)
    Needle on Traficker costs me the game I think, because I am taking 3 on my upkeep. 0-6

3. Tylert: (Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide, mayor of avabruck, pithing needle)
    I don't see a difference from round 2. 0-6

4. H: Bye, myself.

5. Whoshim: (The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghost Quarter, Mountain, Curse of the Pierced Heart)
    I can't sac my Mana Crypt because of Tabernacle, but I can swing for 4 on Turn 3. So, I think I actually lose this race no matter what. 0-6

6. apple713: (Mana Crypt, Tropical Island, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn)
    Yeah, round 1 again. 0-6

7. GoblinSmashmaster: (Overgrown Tomb, Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Innocent Blood)
    Hmm, I actually can't beat this at all. 0-6

8. FTW: (Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager)
    Definitely the better version of my deck, didn't think about Thought-Knot. 0-6

Whoopsy, that was a horrendous idea.

1. Asthereal: Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn LL
    3. Tylert: Ghost quarter, elvish spirit guide, mayor of avabruck, pithing needle LL - Faster Mayor means faster transformation means faster kill that I can do nothing about.
    4. H: Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet WW - Hilariously, you lose to Pithing Needle on Syndicate Trafficker because of Crypt damage.
    5. Whoshim: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghost Quarter, Mountain, Curse of the Pierced Heart WD
    6. apple713: Mana Crypt, Tropical Island, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn LL
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Innocent Blood DD
    8. FTW: Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Thought-Knot Seer, Arcbound Ravager WW - Pithing Needle strikes again!

5w3d = 18
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 05-24-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    GoblinSmashmaster results for Round "We forgot the other 0-mana artifact"

Mind Swords stops Curse. 6-0
    Can't he go exile Mountain and Curse to Swords, then play Tabernacle and Quarter your land so you have to sac the wolf for the draw?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    I stop Thought-Knot and lose to Ravager. 0-6
    OTP, if you go wolf -> Mind Swords, and he exiles Vault and Seer, he ends up with Crypt and Ravager, which after saccing the Crypt amounts to a 2/2, right?
    If you also have a 2/2 there, shouldn't you get into a standoff with both a 2/2 dude on the board?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    H: (Mana Crypt, Syndicate Trafficker, Angrath's Rampage, Rakdos Signet)

(Some suboptimal results.)

Whoopsy, that was a horrendous idea.
    Sad about this. I really like this deck, it's very creative!
    (And it should have killed my deck, if it weren't for the anti-reanimator clause in the most dangerous Eldrazi.)
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-24-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Sad about this. I really like this deck, it's very creative!
    (And it sould have killed my deck, if it weren't for the anti-reanimator clause in the most dangerous Eldrazi.)
    Yeah, I actually really dislike the idea that in this format we still "draw cards" even though we don't draw cards. But it is what it is...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: can't stop emmy. 0-6 --> 0
    2. Wrath of pie: I will allways play mayor before you and will have a wolf before you when OTP, but i don't think it gives any advantage. 2-2 --> 2
    3. Me
    4. H: I can play needle turn one on trafficker so you can't sacrifice crypt and whatever happens after you loose to it. 6-0 --> 8
    5. Whoshim: 4-1. OTP i play ghost quarter and name ghost quarter to win. OTD: You can ghost quarter my ghost quarter with needle or mayor on the stack so draw because any other scenario where i can land mayor or needle with ghost quarter in play, i win. --> 12
    6. apple713: at least mana crypt, Emrakul and show and tell will be out of the way... 0-6 --> 12
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: To not loose i need to play Mayor T1. If you innocent blood i ghost quarter your land and it's a draw. iF you play wolf i ghost quarter your land and wins. so draw. OTD: You play wolf T1 sac it to mindswords and i have to discard two cards = I can't cast mayor i lose. 1-4 --> 13
    8. FTW: needle on ravager so that mana crypt cannot be sacrificed wins both games. 6-0 --> 19.

Total 19 points.
    Last edited by Tylert; 05-24-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Super rushed this morning but I think this is right

Opponent OTP OTD Explanation
    1. Asthereal *Snow-Covered Island,*Mana Crypt,*Show and Tell,*Emrakul, the Aeons Torn D D no one plays anything
    2. Wrath of Pie *Ghost Quarter,*Hickory Woodlot,*Mayor of Avabruck,*Pithing Needle W W Emrakul is bigger :)
    3. Tylert *Ghost quarter,*elvish spirit guide,*mayor of avabruck,*pithing needle W W Emrakul is bigger :)
    4. H *Mana Crypt,*Syndicate Trafficker,*Angrath's Rampage,*Rakdos Signet D D Draw? You have to sacrifice mana crypt so that it doesn’t kill you. If you do I can show and tell emrakul and win.
    5. Whoshim *The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale,*Ghost Quarter,*Mountain,*Curse of the Pierced Heart W W Not sure how you are suppose to win with this. One dmg a turn is super weak. If you kill my land and make me sac my creature it'll shuffle back into my library and I'll cast it again
    6. apple713 *Mana Crypt,*Tropical Island,*Show and Tell,*Emrakul, the Aeons Torn X X
    7. GoblinSmashmaster *Overgrown Tomb,*Young Wolf,*Mind Swords,*Innocent Blood W L lose to discard
    8. FTW *Mana Crypt,*Mana Vault,*Thought-Knot Seer,*Arcbound Ravager W L lose to discard
    Total Points: 28
    Win: 66.67%
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Thread Information