Page 37 of 332 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

The deadline for round 3 has passed, but I'll need a few more hours before I can post decks, so if someone still wants to submit, that's possible for a few more hours.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I just submitted worse ;-)
    I think i won.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I think i won.
    Don't be so sure. My deck can only win by a razor's edge. I just wanted to play a particular card a lot, so I forced something like a deck around it.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Let's find out who made the worst deck. I think it might be me.

DECKS FOR ROUND 3 OF THE VINTAGE BANNATHON

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    2. Whoshim: Mishra's Workshop, Crucible of Worlds, Glacial Chasm, Scepter of Empires
    3. Wrath of Pie: Strip Mine, Mox Jet, Chronomaton, Cabal Therapy
    4. apple713: Mishra’s Workshop, Mox Emerald, Time Vault, Voltaic Servant
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Mox Jet, Dark Deal, Dread Wanderer
    6. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Aether vial, Myr superion, Deputy of detention
    7. FTW: Leyline of Sanctity, Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Lurebound Scarecrow
    8. H: Mox Jet, Blackmail, Underground Sea, Judge's Familiar

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I have updated the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dEcNolWwENd5pJQhcrdAypX2P5If-sqZ-qEEfOUW2-E/edit?usp=sharing[/url]

Note for the Bannathon:
    With 8 participants, the top 4 scoring decks for this round will be banned for next rounds.
    So if you want to start brewing for round 4 already, keep that in mind.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round 3:

1. Asthereal (TO): that's me, uninspired Workshop deck Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs.
    2. Whoshim: Chasm only works once eveny two turns, but you don;t need it as your damage thingy races mine. 0-6
    3. Wrath of Pie: OTP I can Trini and you Mine my Shop for a draw. OTD you Therapy my Bridge and I just lose. 1-4
    4. apple713: I don't have enough time to cast Bridge and empty my hand, so the Servant just kills me. 0-6
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I play Trini and lock you out. OTD you lock me out with Deal. 3-3
    6. Tylert: OTP I play Trini and lock you out. OTD you get a Vial into play, drop Myr to attack and then tick Vial up to 3 for Deputy on Bridge. 3-3
    7. FTW: Leyline stops my wincon and Bridge stops yours. 2-2
    8. H: OTP Trini wins it, OTD you Blackmail me and I don't see a way to not lose. 3-3

Total: 12 points. Ouch.

2. Whoshim: Mishra's Workshop, Crucible of Worlds, Glacial Chasm, Scepter of Empires

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 6-0

3. Wrath of Pie: Strip Mine, Mox Jet, Chronomaton, Cabal Therapy 0-6 Therapy rips out my win con.

4. apple713: Mishra’s Workshop, Mox Emerald, Time Vault, Voltaic Servant 0-6 Nice deck!

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Mox Jet, Dark Deal, Dread Wanderer 0-6 Dark Deal gets me.

6. Tylert: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether vial, Myr superion, Deputy of Detention 0-6 Deputy gets me.

7. FTW: Leyline of Sanctity, Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Lurebound Scarecrow 0-6 Nice deck! Also, Leyline really hurts. :D

8. H: Mox Jet, Blackmail, Underground Sea, Judge's Familiar 3-3 My scepter outraces your bird.

9 points.

@Asthereal I should have moved away from Chasm. It didn't help me at all. :D The deck that I sent as a replacement would have done pretty well this week.
    Last edited by Whoshim; 05-01-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Sep 2011

Looks like a few of us wanted a crack at Mishra's Workshop before it gets banned.

I thought about doing Time Vault+Voltaic Key, but Shops can't activate Key so it needs another mana source and then where is the win con? Completely missed Servant!

1. Asthereal (TO): Leyline stops Tongs, but Bridge stops me. DD 2-2
    2. Whoshim: Thought you had me until I realized you can only Chasm every 2nd turn, letting me attack in between. WW 6-0
    3. Wrath of Pie: Chrono gets to 5/5 before Lurebound can kill you, so OTP I lead with Trini and you Strip me to draw. OTD Chrono beats me. DL 1-4
    4. apple713: You take infinite turns. OTD you win. OTP I get down Scarecrow first to block so you can never attack. DL 1-4
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP Trini locks you out and Scarecrow gets there. OTD Dark Deal gets me. WL 3-3
    6. Tylert: OTP Trini locks you out and Scarecrow gets there. OTD Vial sneaks through and then your creatures trump mine. WL 3-3
    8. H: OTP Trini locks you out and Scarecrow gets there. OTD Leyline stops Blackmail and Scarecrow still gets there. WW 6-0

22 points

Edit: I expected Trinisphere to win more games. Turns out Trinisphere is bad when 4 people have Workshop.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    8. H: Mox Jet, Blackmail, Underground Sea, Judge's Familiar 6-0 My scepter outraces your bird.
    It's still early here and I haven't had my coffee yet, but I think I can work at least a Draw when I am on the play, because you can't protect both Workshop and Scepter from Blackmail and taking either means you either can't cast the other or can't win. But that seems like I'd win, maybe. Obviously I'd lose on the Draw though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

*I win every game OTP by taking infinite turns since no one has a chance to interact with me.

Opponent OTP OTD Explanation
    1. Asthereal (TO) Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs W W You only get two upkeeps and you can't empty your hand to prevent servant from crushing you
    2. Whoshim Mishra's Workshop, Crucible of Worlds, Glacial Chasm, Scepter of Empires W W I just wait until a turn chasm isn't in play to go infinite
    3. Wrath of Pie Strip Mine, Mox Jet, Chronomaton, Cabal Therapy W L OTD I lose to therapy
    4. apple713 Mishra’s Workshop, Mox Emerald, Time Vault, Voltaic Servant X X
    5. GoblinSmashmaster Ancient Tomb, Mox Jet, Dark Deal, Dread Wanderer W L OTD I can't win with no hand…You deck is about as oppressive as mine, I like it :)
    6. Tylert Chancellor of the tangle, Aether vial, Myr superion, Deputy of detention W W I go infinite before vial can do anything
    7. FTW Leyline of Sanctity, Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Lurebound Scarecrow W D You can never attack because if you do I go infinite and win.
    8. H Mox Jet, Blackmail, Underground Sea, Judge's Familiar W L OTD I lose to blackmail
    Total Points: 31
    Win: 73.81%

This was probably my favorite deck submission out of all the rounds, even in season 1. Time vault is one of my favs and I finally found the perfect opportunity for it. It'll only see one round but it was totally worth it.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    @Asthereal I should have moved away from Chasm. It didn't help me at all. :D The deck that I sent as a replacement would have done pretty well this week.
    Yeah, I was about to mention that you could only have Chasm once every two turns without paying life, which is bad, and try to steer you towards the other deck, but I felt I shouldn't do that because I would lose twice against this Chasm deck but score points against your other submission. So mentioning that Chasm is dubious would be bad sportsmanship on my part.

GoblinSmashmaster scores for round "ban Mishra's Workshop":

*Dark Deal wins every game on the play since no one has a hand left.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    Trinisphere wins. 3-3

Neither Crucible nor Scepter can save you. 6-0

Therapy for Mox Jet wins. 3-3

I never get a turn. 3-3

That's me!

6. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Aether vial, Myr superion, Deputy of detention
    Vial is too slow. 6-0

7. FTW: Leyline of Sanctity, Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Lurebound Scarecrow
    Trinisphere wins. 3-3

Edit: Contrary to my Limited experience, apparently flyers don't just race, they can also do this thing called "block". 4-1

Total: 28 points

I knew that Chasm could only work every other turn when I said that it did work. I knew it was bad, but Workshop was sure to get banned, so this was my only shot to really try a deck with it. I don't know why I like the card so much, but I do. Now, the question for you is, will my deck next round be similar to the second list I sent to you, or will I do something else?

H, I don't know why I thought it said "non-land" card. You are correct. It should be 3-3.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    I hide Mox Jet from Blackmail and you can't stop Dread Wanderer. 6-0]
    Won't he just take your Ancient Tomb and trade with the Wanderer for a draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Won't he just take your Ancient Tomb and trade with the Wanderer for a draw?
    True

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: (Mox Jet, Blackmail, Underground Sea, Judge's Familiar)

1. Asthereal (TO): (Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs)
    Blackmail gets there on the play, lose on the Draw. 3-3

2. Whoshim: (Mishra's Workshop, Crucible of Worlds, Glacial Chasm, Scepter of Empires)
    Blackmail gets there on the play, lose on the Draw (I think this is a recurring theme.). 3-3

3. Wrath of Pie: (Strip Mine, Mox Jet, Chronomaton, Cabal Therapy)
    I actually think I lose both on the Play and the Draw, because Blackmail can't stop Chrono + a mana source. 0-6

4. apple713: (Mishra’s Workshop, Mox Emerald, Time Vault, Voltaic Servant)
    Blackmail gets there on the play, lose on the Draw. 3-3

5. GoblinSmashmaster: (Ancient Tomb, Mox Jet, Dark Deal, Dread Wanderer)
    I definitely lose on the draw, on the Play I can force a draw by blocking the Wanderer with Familiar. 1-4

6. Tylert: (Chancellor of the tangle, Aether vial, Myr superion, Deputy of detention)
    Can't win in any case. 0-6

7. FTW: (Leyline of Sanctity, Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Lurebound Scarecrow)
    Leyline wrecks my bad deck. 0-6

8. H: Bye, myself.

10? Man, last minute deck ideas are even worse than my usual bad deck ideas...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for round 3:

User name , score, season points
    1. apple713: 31 - 4,4
    2. Wrath of Pie: 29 - 4,1
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: 28 - 4,0
    4. FTW: 22 - 3,1
    5. Tylert: 21 - 3,0
    6. Asthereal (TO): 12 - 1,7
    7. H: 10 - 1,4
    8. Whoshim: 9 - 1,3

This means that apple takes the lead in the season, closely followed by FTW. I drop to third place.

This also means that the following cards will get banned for round 4 and onwards:
    Ancient Tomb
    Cabal Therapy
    Chronomaton
    Dark Deal
    Dread Wanderer
    Leyline of Sanctity
    Lurebound Scarecrow
    Mishra's Workshop
    Mox Emerald
    Mox Jet
    Strip Mine
    Time Vault
    Trinisphere
    Voltaic Servant

If all scores are correct, that is. Update to follow.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-02-2019 at 02:11 AM.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs WD
    2. Whoshim: Mishra's Workshop, Crucible of Worlds, Glacial Chasm, Scepter of Empires WW
    4. apple713: Mishra’s Workshop, Mox Emerald, Time Vault, Voltaic Servant WL
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Mox Jet, Dark Deal, Dread Wanderer WL
    6. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Aether vial, Myr superion, Deputy of detention WL
    7. FTW: Leyline of Sanctity, Mishra's Workshop, Trinisphere, Lurebound Scarecrow WD
    8. H: Mox Jet, Blackmail, Underground Sea, Judge's Familiar WW - On the draw, I hide Chronomaton from Blackmail, and I easily outrace Familiar with Chronomaton.

9w2d = 29

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: OTP: Deputy can get bridge and Myr superion will kill you before scalding tongs. OTD: can't cast anything. 3-3 --> 3
    2. Whoshim: Deputy can exile Scepter both games and myr superion will kill you. 6-0 --> 9
    3. Wrath of Pie: OTP i can cast Vial and will win either by chancellor or Myr superion beats. OTD: You take vial, i loose. 3-3 --> 12
    4. apple713: You can take infinite turns before i can exile anything with deputy 0-6 --> 12
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Vial is too slow. 0-6 --> 12
    6. Me
    7: FTW: OTP: Deputy gets scarecrow while i beat with superion. OTD: can't cast anything. 3-3 --> 15
    8: H: OTP and OTD: you can only take 1 threat. you have to take Myr superion each time to not die really quickly, but chancellor will do to much damage. 6-0 --> 21

Total = 21.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Preliminary standings for round 3:

User name , score, season points
    1. apple713: 31 - 4,4
    2. Wrath of Pie: 29 - 4,1
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: 28 - 4,0
    4. FTW: 22 - 3,1
    5. Tylert: 21 - 3,0
    6. Asthereal (TO): 12 - 1,7
    7. H: 10 - 1,4
    8. Whoshim: 9 - 1,3

This means that apple takes the lead in the season, closely followed by FTW. I drop to third place.

This also means that the following cards will get banned for round 4 and onwards:
    Ancient Tomb
    Cabal Therapy
    Chronomaton
    Dark Deal
    Dread Wanderer
    Leyline of Sanctity
    Lurebound Scarecrow
    Mishra's Workshop
    Mox Emerald
    Mox Jet
    Strip Mine
    Time Vault
    Trinisphere
    Voltaic Servant

All scores seem confirmed, so the above becomes final standings and bannings for round 4. Speaking of which...

Round 4 of 4CB Season 2, the Vintage Bannathon, has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 4, so you can start sending me your decks.
    You will find standings for round 3 and new bannings based on results from round 3 in my quote above.

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 4: Wednesday the 8th of May, at 6:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Goblin Guide, Mogg Fanatic, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S02R01 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post and in the Google Spreadsheet). So keep an eye on what you send in.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, the Google Spreadsheet has been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Happy deck designing everybody!

PS. Full disclosure: Wrath sent me his deck early (he's probably busy the next few days). We will score 3-3.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-02-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

It is probably worth noting that this is the first round that war of the spark will be legal. It becomes legal on May 3rd.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Thread Information