Page 137 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    It works just fine, it is replacing the card draw from an empty library, and card draws still happen.
    You win instead of drawing the card. Right. That's super dumb, but if that's what the card does, we'll keep it on the banned list.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Looks like we're complete on the deadline, so here we go!

DECKS FOR ROUND 9 OF SEASON 7: Pauper Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Jackal Pup, Lightning Bolt, Crack the Earth
    2. Reeplcheep: Plains, Bonesplitter, Law-Rune Enforcer, Healer's Hawk
    3. alphastryk: Rugged Highlands, Mountain, Mogg War Marshal, Sparksmith
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Gladecover Scout, Ornithopter, Primal Cocoon
    5. H: Forest, Lush Growth, Wild Nacatl, Lightning Bolt
    6. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Selesnya Evangel, Qasali Pridemage
    7. dte: island, Tidal Warrior, Piracy charm, Spindrift Drake
    8. FTW: Swamp, Dead Weight, Pharika's Chosen, Typhoid Rats
    9. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble
    10. silkster: Swamp, Ornithopter, Tendrils of Despair, Vile Rebirth
    11. Tylert: Plains, Akrasan squire, Akrasan squire, Sacred cat

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play a deathtouch guy. If you Crack now, you lose. If you Bolt it, I play the other one (and again, if you Crack now you lose). When you play the Pup, I Dead Weight it, and then I can win with my 2nd creature (sacrifice my land if you Crack now).
    OTD you play Pup. I play a deathtouch guy. You Bolt it. I play the other guy. You Crack, and I sacrifice my creature so I can Dead weight the Pup to draw. WD 4-1
    2. Reeplcheep: Dead Weight kills Healer's Hawk. Then Chosen attacks while Rats defend. If one trades with Enforcer, the other kills you. WW 6-0
    3. alphastryk: Dead Weight kills Sparksmith. Then it's 2 1/1s vs 2 1/1s, but I can't trade with MWM so you get the first attack. LL 0-6
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Dead Weight kills Ornithopter. Chosen attacks while Rats defend. Scout never gets through. WW 6-0
    5. H: If you Lush Growth me, I can only play 1 creature, but you can't Bolt, so it trades with Nacatl to draw. If you Lush Growth yourself, you can Bolt one guy and Dead Weight is too weak to kill Nacatl, so Nacatl still trades with my other guy. DD 2-2
    6. Wrath of Pie: Dead Weight kills Evangel. Chosen attacks while Rats defend. Pridemage never gets through. WW 6-0
    7. dte: One way or another, Piracy Charm trades with a Rat (either in hand or on the board), Warrior forces me to Dead Weight it before you play Drake, then Drake flies over my 1/1 to race me. LL 0-6
    9. maxx!: OTP I play Chosen. You play tapped Needle. I play Rats. Then you go off. We both lose our lands and our creatures trade. OTD I can only play out one guy before you destroy my land. DL 1-4
    10. silkster: Any card I keep trades with Vile Rebirth for the draw. DD 2-2
    11. Tylert: I can only kill 3 bodies, but you have 4. LL 0-6

27 points (7 wins, 6 draws)

Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 08-26-2020 at 01:58 PM.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Surprise, more LD"

Scout Smash! 6-0

Thopter Smash! 6-0

Scout Smash! 6-0

That's me!

Scout Smash! 6-0

6. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Selesnya Evangel, Qasali Pridemage
    Pridemage crash 0-6

Thopter Smash! 6-0

Aww rats 0-6

9. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble
    Thopter Smash! 6-0

Thopter smashes, then Despairs 3-3

Thopter blocks 2-2

Total: 41 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 9:

That's me. Simple deck is simple. Probably not very good though.
    Crack will stop you from using Bone Splitter, but I can't kill both Hawk and Enforcer, so I'm guessing we draw both games. 2-2
    OTP I can make my threat and then kill your land. OTD I don't think I have more than just killing your land. 4-1
    Hmm, so you drop Forest, Scout and Thopter on T1. If I wait, you put Cocoon on Scout and I lose. If I Crack before Bolting, you sac Thopter and Cocoon the Scout again. If I Bolt, I can only Botl Thopter and you'll have time to Cocoon the Scout again. I don't see a way around this, so I guess I just lose both. 0-6
    OTP I make Pup, you can either make Growth or Nacatl. Catl gets a Bolt, after which Crack wins it. If you go for Growth I can immediately Crack and also win. OTD you're faster though, and will have time to land Growth fast enough to be able to Bolt my guy as well as me Bolting yours, so I think we'll draw that one. 4-1
    EDIT-OTD: You: Garden. Me: Mountain, Bolt the 0/1. You: Sanctuary. Me: Crack, we both lose our land and no one has cards left that can win it, so we draw.
    OTP I should have better chances: Me: Mountain>Pup. You: Garden, make 0/1. Me: Bolt the 0/1, attack. You: Play Sanctuary. Me: Crack, kill the Sanctuary. Win from here. 4-1
    Hmm. So there's a ton of ways to draw. You can kill my Pup, and I can kill both your land and your Warrior. I don't really see a line hwere we don't get to trade all of our resources. For now I'll chalk up a 2-2.
    OTP: Mountain, Pup. Swamp, 1/1DT dude. Bolt the dude, attack. Now if you Dead Weight, I have to Crack for the draw. If you make your guy, I still Crack. Then you can also sac your guy and Dead Weight still gets a draw.
    OTD this looks worse for me, as I can't really use Crack. Swamp, 1/1DT. Mountain, Bolt the guy. New 1/1DT. Now I have to play Pup, then you Dead Weight my Pup and the 1/1 guy kills me. Should be 1-4.
    A both faster and slower version of my deck. Interesting. OTP I make Pup and Crack your land the turn after for the win. OTD I think I have to Crack your land immediately for the draw. 4-1
    Oh there's still double discard. But I can keep Mountain and Pup/Bolt anyways and draw. Don't think I have more than that though. For now I'll write up 2-2.
    Nice, 4 threats. OTD you always have a threat you can sac to Crack, and the 4 threats beat my 3 interactions. OTP it's different. I start Mountain, go. You play a threat. End of turn I Bolt the threat and play Crack the turn after. Now you don't have a guy to sac to Crack and you lose your land and we draw. Should be 1-4. Nice deck though.

Total: 24 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    OTD: You: Garden. Me: Mountain, Pup. You: Sanctuary. Me: Yay I can Crack that thing! Oh wait, you just sac the 0/1 token... This will surely go wrong from here.
    OTP I should have better chances: Me: Mountain>Pup. You: Garden, make 0/1. Me: Bolt the 0/1, attack. You: Play Sanctuary. Me: Crack, kill the Sanctuary. Win from here. I think this is a 3-3.
    You never cast Jackal Pup on the play and force the draw with Crack and Bolt.

a. Whoever is losing can always trade everything 2-2
    2. 2. Reeplcheep: Plains, Bonesplitter, Law-Rune Enforcer, Healer's Hawk
    a. Me
    3. 3. alphastryk: Rugged Highlands, Mountain, Mogg War Marshal, Sparksmith
    a. Don’t think I am fast enough. 0-6

4. 4. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Gladecover Scout, Ornithopter, Primal Cocoon
    a. Cocooning the thopter loses, so its just a race
    b. OTP
    i. Hawk/scout+thopter 20/20
    ii. Bonesplitter/Cocoon 21/19
    iii. Equip, thopter blocks/ 2/2 elf 24/19
    iv. Enforcer / 3/3 elf 27/16
    v. Until your elf is at least a 6/6 you lose for sure by blocking, so enforcer attack is free. Attack all / 4/4 elf 30/12
    vi. Attack all / 5/5 elf 33/8
    vii. Attack all / 6/6 elf 36/4
    viii. 12 turns vs 2 turns means you die for sure
    c. OTD
    i. You are so far behind OTP don’t think it changes much
    d. 6-0

5. 5. H: Forest, Lush Growth, Wild Nacatl, Lightning Bolt
    a. Hawk + equipment wins the race vs nacatl, so you have to bolt it.
    b. OTD
    i. Nactal / hawk
    ii. Growth / Enforcer 19/18
    iii. Bolt hawk / splitter 18/15
    iv. Attack / Equip, can’t win race so hold draw 18/12
    c. OTP
    i. Hawk/nacatl 20/20
    ii. Bonesplitter/growth 18/19
    iii. Equip / bolt 18/16
    iv. Enforcer / attack 15/16
    v. You have head start, so equip and hold draw
    d. 2-2

6. 6. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Selesnya Evangel, Qasali Pridemage
    a. I think I am too slow 0-6

7. 7. dte: island, Tidal Warrior, Piracy charm, Spindrift Drake
    a. Trade charm with my 3/1 & drake with my 3/2. 0-6

8. 8. FTW: Swamp, Dead Weight, Pharika's Chosen, Typhoid Rats
    a. Deadweight my flyer then win the 2 v 1 0-6

9. 9. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble
    a. Can’t get hawk equipped in time 0-6

10. 10. silkster: Swamp, Ornithopter, Tendrils of Despair, Vile Rebirth
    a. You always have to tendrils t1 or you lose
    b. OTP hawk races the 2/2 with a 4 life headstart
    c. OTD hawk races the 2/2 with a 2 life headstart
    d. 6-0

11. 11. Tylert: Plains, Akrasan squire, Akrasan squire, Sacred cat
    a. You can attack for 3 even through tapping but I can attack for 3 lifelink
    b. 6-0

22 (3 wins 2 draws)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You never cast Jackal Pup on the play and force the draw with Crack and Bolt.
    Yeah, that occurred to me when I was getting a drink just now.
    You: Garden, make 0/1. Me: Mountain, Bolt the 0/1. You: Make Sanctuary, bounce Garden. Me: Crack, we both lose our land, and you're left with just the Garden and the new 0/1, which can't win the game.
    So we draw that one. I'll adjust my scores.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    b. 6-0
    I Have also a 3/3 lifelinker so it's a double draw

NM: You can attack with both creatures I can't block with squires because i'll loose the lifelink race. so you win both...
    So we were both wrong.

Sep 2011

4. 4. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Gladecover Scout, Ornithopter, Primal Cocoon
    a. Cocooning the thopter loses, so its just a race
    d. 6-0
    Why does Cocooning the Thopter lose? Law-Rune Enforcer can only tap CMC 2 or greater (not power 2 or greater, not CMC 2 or less). You can't tap the Ornithopter. As early as 2/4 it eats the Hawk.

It can sit there and grow until it's big enough to both eat the Hawk and race the guy on the ground. I don't see how you can possibly win. I think you're too slow to even force a draw.

b. 6-0
    Same problem. You can't tap the cat.
    Edit: Tylert got there first. Looks like you can just attack with both to race.
    Last edited by FTW; 08-26-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

OTP: I play my tapped land, you can Crack to force a draw or play Jackal Pup. Lets say you play Pup. I then play Sparksmith, after which you can Bolt Sparksmith or Crack the Earth. Crack loses you the game, so lets try Bolt. Then I play MWM, and if you Crack I just lose a land. Then I can always attack with 1 Goblin and leave the other back to block & trade. Cracking to force the draw is the best you can do. D
    OTD: Crack the Earth is fast enough to get rid of my second land after you make Jackal Pup. L

1-4

Sparksmith burns your team. WW

6-0

This is me, being uncreative again

Can't beat the Scout. LL

0-6

Really cool deck - Lush Growth for fixing, Nacatal pumps or land destruction. Bolt beats Sparksmith, and 3/3 Nacatal beats my Goblins. LL

0-6

I think Sparksmith is always just fast enough to stop your 2 mana threat. WW

6-0

Piracy charm in removal spell mode beats Sparksmith, and I can't race both Tidal Warrior and Spindrift Drake with my Goblins. LL

0-6

Dead Weight can always kill Sparksmith, but as long as I pay for Echo, I have 3 1/1s which beats your 2 1/1s. WW

6-0

I didn't realize Burning-Tree Emissary had been turned into a common via reprints - nice.
    On your turn 2 you always get 2 2/2s and kill one of my lands. The best I can do before that even on the play is to play a single Goblin, and neither of my Goblins wins on its own. LL

0-6

I wrote down Tendrils of Despair before we started this season but forgot about it since then. Can't beat double discard with my slow deck. LL

0-6

Lots of threats, but Sparksmith grinds them all out. WW

6-0

Total: 25 points

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Why does Cocooning the Thopter lose? Law-Rune Enforcer can only tap CMC 2 or greater (not power 2 or greater, not CMC 2 or less). You can't tap the Ornithopter. As early as 2/4 it eats the Hawk.

It can sit there and grow until it's big enough to both eat the Hawk and race the guy on the ground. I don't see how you can possibly win. I think you're too slow to even force a draw.

Same problem. You can't tap the cat. The 3/3 lifelink pressures you. He can Embalm it if you trade, so I think you have to just counterattack to draw.

Edit: Tylert got there first. Looks like you can just attack with both to race.
    Yes you are correct, playing this instead of gideon's lawkeeper was a nod to LD & 1 damage effects but it lost me this round.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: Forest, Lush Growth, Wild Nacatl, Lightning Bolt

Growth doesn't do much here, I can't win, even on the Play, but I can force a draw. On the Draw, I am just way too slow. 1-4

Again, Lush doesn't do much, but I can make a 3/3 and Bolt the Hawk, the problem is I can't get through the equipped Enforcer though. 2-2

I have enough time to fix my mana so a 3/3 can win it here. 6-0

I can't beat Scout with a Cocoon. 0-6

5. H: Bye, myself.

Growth is not good here either, I can't really win in any case, since I have to Bolt the Evangel. 0-6

On the Play, I can run out Nacatl, then if dte Charms, we draw. Of dte plays Warrior, I can Growth the Island, but Warrior would still allow Charm and Drake to be played, so I'd lose. So, I think I lose in any case. 0-6

Deathtouch is not good for me. We can only really draw though. 2-2

Growth finally does something real here. 6-0

I can work a draws here, since Swamp needs to be played out to do anything. 2-2

That is just way too many bodies. And they all cost . 0-6

19 maybe? Deck way too cute for it's own good.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    H: Forest, Lush Growth, Wild Nacatl, Lightning Bolt

Growth is not good here either, I can't really win in any case, since I have to Bolt the Evangel. 0-6
    Wrath has this as a draw. Bolt kills Evangel. 3/3 Nacatl stops 3/3 exalted Pridemage, so you can't lose.

You can even race OTP due to Wrath's slow lands.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

But if I Growth my own land, wouldn't Wrath just Pridemage it, then I can't Bolt Evangel?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    But if I Growth my own land, wouldn't Wrath just Pridemage it, then I can't Bolt Evangel?
    Good point. If you Bolt the Pridemage, Nacatl won't race Evangel. If Pridemage trades with Growth, Evangel beats you easily.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Good point. If you Bolt the Pridemage, Nacatl won't race Evangel. If Pridemage trades with Growth, Evangel beats you easily.
    Yeah, that is why I am not sure I can even get a draw there. Seemed like two loses to me. Also, I will probably be out of power for the next few days in all likelihood, so if I duck out, blame Laura.

Feb 2014

DD. No other possibilities than double draw here I am afraid.

WW. 2 creatures each and a removal for me.

WW. piracy the sparksmith and race.

LL. Killed by a cocooned thopter.

WW. Tidal Warrior is quite fine here, as is charm.

WW. The Tidal Warrior works even OTD here.

Me

WW. The dead weight has to take Tidal Warrior out.

WL. OTP Tidal Warrior wins, OTD I lose.

WW. OTP I lead island, drake which races. OTD I keep island, drake and play it before the vire rebirth.

WW. Tidal Warrior does some work, as do charming the cat. The drake wins after.

maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble

OTP you have to Crack immediately and we sit there with no lands. OTD you get to play Pup and then Crack before I can do anything. 1-4

OTP you can play a single creature before you lose your land and then the 2/2s kill you. OTD you play both creatures (you could play Bonesplitter but no chance to equip it), but my two creatures beat yours. 6-0

This deck looks familiar. OTP you can't play anything. OTD you can play one goblin, but that's not enough to beat both BTEs. 6-0

You can always Cocoon something before I get your land, and my bears can't race you. 0-6

You've gotta be kidding me. 0-6

Your lands are too slow. 6-0

OTP you either play 1 creature and then lose your land, or Piracy Charm me and I discard a BTE. OTD you lock me out with Tidal Warrior. 3-3

OTP I can make two threats to your one. OTD all our guys trade. 4-1

This is me : ]

I'm pretty sure there's no way for this to play out besides two draws. 2-2

OTP my Emissaries beat whatever single creature you play. I think I win OTD too but that might need some math.

OTD (2 Squires)
    T: Squire
    m: Needle
    T: Squire, attack (m: 18)
    m: play everything
    T: attack with one Squire (m: 15)
    Now you kill me in 5 attacks, but I kill you in 5 attacks and I get to attack next. You can chump once, but that reduces your clock by a turn. I think I barely get there with this line.

OTD (Squire then Sacred Cat)
    T: Squire
    m: Needle
    T: Cat, attack (m: 18)
    m: play everything
    T: attack with cat (m: 16, T: 22)
    You're ahead in the life totals now, and we each can attack for a 4-point life swing, so I lose this race. I need to hold back a BTE to block. Unfortunately, that will leave me with a single 2/2 against your Exalted 1/1, and with you ahead in life I have to stay back to block again. This doesn't seem appreciably different if you play the Cat first, so we draw.

4-1

1+6+6+0+0+6+3+4+2+4 = 32

Thread Information