Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 485

Thread: 4 Card Blind

  1. #261
    Is Cancer

    Join Date

    Jul 2014
    Posts

    1,144

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    You dont see a problem with warping the format to include protection from blue creatures that lose to any other reasonable threat?
    It's not warping the format to have cards that address things. You build around chalice, sphere, field of ruin, discard, big dudes, etc. Just because I offered a pro-blue uncounterable card that beats the deck cited; the point is that it's a mediocre card and it beats the deck; not that it's necessary. If you're willing to beat the majority of other decks by being weak to Confiscate.dec then so be it. This is the same as building a legacy deck that sucks against Chalice decks and saying "eh.. so be it."

    Literally all you have to include in your deck if you're worried about storage lands is Rishadan port and any other land. That's it. A card that Pwns a ton of decks by itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    The bottom line is that the cards you suggested are going to be inferior to most other decks not built specifically to beat misthollow force decks.
    You're just wrong. I'm so tired of people making BS arguments without backing them up.

    Look at the following deck:
    Cavern of Souls
    City of Traitors
    Lupine Prototype
    Sphere of Resistance

    Banned decks marked with an X
    Season 1 Decks ARCHIVE
    1. WW +6 (have to force Sphere or Claim City) Asthereal (TO): Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Slippery Bogle, Island
    2. X LL (racks) - PirateKing: City of Traitors, The Rack, The Rack, Lupine Prototype
    3. X WW +6 - Matsu: Rishadan Port, Mishra's factory,Mental Misstep, Mental Misstep
    4. WW +6 CptHaddock: Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Saprazzan Cove, Mental Misstep
    5. WW +6 Taconaut: Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Saprazzan Cove, Confiscate
    6. WD +4 Mr. Safety: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    7. LL +0 Clx33: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Propaganda
    8. LL +0 Fallen_Empire: City of Traitors, Torpor Orb, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought
    9. DD +2 tescrin: Sphere of Resistance, Crystal Vein, Mishra's Factory, Mishra's Factory
    10. WW +2 PapriNgomo: Undiscovered Paradise, Undiscovered Paradise, Scythe Leopard, Adventuring Gear
    11. WD +2 (you wait for pox and then play your lands) ronco: Swamp, Smallpox, Nether Spirit, Lotus Petal
    12. WL +3 JackaBo: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Simian spirit guide, Thought-knot-seer
    13. WW +6 H: Tropical Island, Force of Will, Force Spike, Old-Growth Dryads
    14. WD +4 mistercakes: swamp, culling the weak, shield sphere, phyrexian obliterator
    15. WW +6 Dan Pyre: Swamp, Cabal Ritual, Lotus Petal, Phyrexian Crusader
    16. WW +6 kombatkiwi: Peat Bog, Bitterblossom, Nether Spirit, Smallpox
    17. WW +6 Tylert: Havenwood Battleground, city of traitors, Eureka, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    18. WW? +6 Ace/Homebrew: Leyline of the Void, Leyline of Sanctity, Serra's Sanctum, Myth Realized
    19. WW? +6 spartan117: The Tabernacle, Eladamri's Vineyard, Treetop Village, Field Of Ruin
    20. DD +2 beardstorm: Island, Zealous Guardian, Force Spike, Sea's Claim
    21. x WL +3 - phonics: Swamp, Mishra's Factory, Blackmail, The Rack
    22. WW? +6 Sloshthedark: Blinkmoth Nexus, Inkmoth Nexus, City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance
    23. x WL X - JosefK: Blackmail, Cabal Therapy, Swamp, The Rack
    24. LL spirit of the wretch: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, City of Traitors, Hangarback Walker
    25. WW +6 apple713: Plains, Mishra's Factory, Mana Tithe, Leyline of the Void
    26. WW +6 Darklingske: The Tabernacle, Grove of the Burnwillows, Punishing Fire, Dwarven Hold
    27. WL +6 FTW: Leyline of the Void, Scrubland, Cabal Therapy, Student of Warfare
    28. WW? +6 Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager

    That deck, pre those bans, that I just *threw together to prove a point* would've earned 116pts or so (barring mistakes.) It also dodged Damping Sphere, Res Sphere, Tabernacle + LD, Chalice, should beat most of the decks listed before we started, and many other decks. You could run that next time and probably thrash a good chunk of the field.

    If you're not good enough to for me to hand you a dozen answers that thrash the entire archtype of deck and won't go pick anything else out for yourself; then just don't. IMO even if those type of decks show up en-force next round they're not going to win the round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

  2. #262

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    23. JosefK: Blackmail, Cabal Therapy, Swamp, The Rack

    I think I win both
    OTD you lose. He leads with Rack instead of Blackmail and wins the race, because you can't protect both your threats from his turn 2 discard.

    T1 Him: Swamp, Rack (hand=Blackmail, Therapy)
    T1 You: Factory, Rack (hand=Swamp, Blackmail)
    T2 Him: Take 1. Blackmail your Swamp and you can't use Factory. [19]
    T2 You: Take 2. Pass [18]
    Him: Take 2.
    You: Take 2 [17 vs 16]
    etc.
    you lose with him at 1 life.

    OR

    T1 You: Swamp, Rack (hand=Factory, Blackmail)
    T2 Him: Take 1. Blackmail your Factory. [19]
    T2 You: Take 2. Blackmail his Therapy. [18]
    Him: Take 3
    You: Take 3 [16/15]
    etc.
    You lose with him at 1 life.

    OR

    T1 You: Swamp, Blackmail taking his Blackmail to protect your Factory (hand=Factory, Rack)
    T2 Him: Cabal Therapy your Rack
    T2 You: Take 2. Factory.

    Rack outraces Factory.

  3. #263

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    I
    Look at the following deck:
    Cavern of Souls
    City of Traitors
    Lupine Prototype
    Sphere of Resistance
    Way to ruin my tech for next season. That was one of my top contenders.

    Can't you guys just stop debating and submit a deck already? If you think you can break the format, do so and win. If you think the format is broken, abstain from season 2 and wait and see the results. No matter what happens... either your opinion will change or the banlist will, then you can rejoin.

  4. #264

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    It's not warping the format to have cards that address things. You build around chalice, sphere, field of ruin, discard, big dudes, etc. Just because I offered a pro-blue uncounterable card that beats the deck cited; the point is that it's a mediocre card and it beats the deck; not that it's necessary. If you're willing to beat the majority of other decks by being weak to Confiscate.dec then so be it. This is the same as building a legacy deck that sucks against Chalice decks and saying "eh.. so be it."

    Literally all you have to include in your deck if you're worried about storage lands is Rishadan port and any other land. That's it. A card that Pwns a ton of decks by itself.


    You're just wrong. I'm so tired of people making BS arguments without backing them up.
    With all due respect, I think the better way to make your argument is to let the next round do the talking.

  5. #265
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    This may have flown under the radar because taconaught hasent posted his results but a quick scan of he people that did post results revealed that he only loses to decks with the rack and discard, both have since been banned. He also draws very rarely.

    This leads me to believe that something from his deck probably needs to get the axe.

    For reference, his list is force, spazzran, misthollow, and confiscate.
    This is a fair point.

    I expected more decks like this because of the reasons you presented.
    And so I have sent in a deck that beats this deck, and still has very good chances against the rest. I think.
    Actually I'm not 100% on either of my statements, but I did take this strategy into account when designing my deck.

    It's not a hard deck to hose. I won't go into detail just yet, but it really isn't.
    After this round, we will have a good idea as to how dominant the strategy really is.

    Thing is: if we ban Force of Will, we also have to ban all turn one combo options.
    That's why I decided to be somewhat conservative with my bannings this round.
    But we're only on round two, so there's plenty of rounds to adjust the banned list.

    PS. 11 decks received so far, with about 30 hours until the deadline.
    If there are issues with my inbox again, be sure to let me know here. I did clean up, but I don't know the exact limit.

    ---

    EDIT: I see I was a tad slow with my response. Try not to argue in here. We're doing this for fun.
    The decks and results for round 2 will show us how bad things are, and we'll ban more stuff if we need to.

    This whole first season is about getting the hang of things. I'm super rusty, as last time I played this was a decade ago.
    We will grow into it. The banned list will improve, and we will find new ways to create weird cool decks.
    Sometimes someone will break the round with something overpowered. Next round everyone will be ready for it.
    It'll be okay.

  6. #266
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Paris City
    Posts

    536

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    This whole first season is about getting the hang of things. I'm super rusty, as last time I played this was a decade ago.
    We will grow into it. The banned list will improve, and we will find new ways to create weird cool decks.
    Sometimes someone will break the round with something overpowered. Next round everyone will be ready for it.
    It'll be okay.
    If I metagamed well, I should be the one breaking the format! (Or maybe not) Mark my words! :)
    Death and taxes!!

    Another Draft Blog

  7. #267
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Good news: I have created a Google Spreadsheet with all the results.
    You can find and edit it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    NOTE: Not everyone has entered scores, so I calculated quickly what those would be.
    Also, for the scores, I took what was in everyone's post. If that wasn't correct, please change it as soon as you can.
    It is now possible to edit the Google Spreadsheet itself. Please let me know if you do so, and try not to mess up the doc.

  8. #268
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Paris City
    Posts

    536

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Good news: I have created a Google Spreadsheet with all the results.
    You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pNCsz4/pubhtml

    I don't know how to make it so that everyone can edit it yet. Can anyone help me with that?

    NOTE: Not everyone has entered scores, so I calculated quickly what those would be.
    Also, for the scores I took what was in everyone's post. If that wasn't correct, please change it as soon as you can.
    1.Visit the Google Docs website. You can use any web browser on your computer to access this site.
    2.Sign into your account. ...
    3.Pick the document you want to make editable. ...
    4.Open the Share menu. ...
    5.Pick whom you want to share the doc with. ...
    6.Check and make sure “Can Edit” is selected. ...
    7.Send the invitation.

    I guess everyone would have to give you their account address....
    Death and taxes!!

    Another Draft Blog

  9. #269
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    EDIT: Never mind, found it. Google suite is confusing.

    By the way, 12 decks so far. Where is everybody?

  10. #270
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,249

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    By the way, 12 decks so far. Where is everybody?
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  11. #271
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Thinking
    Not a lot of time left to think.

    PS. We're down to 11 decks, as I noticed one of them was illegal.
    This time everything is clear, so I have to give 0 points if someone plays an illegal deck.

    For the first round I had to allow Mental Misstep, which was technically banned, because I had earlier announced it would be legal.
    Thankfully, Misstep ended up not winning any season points, so it's okay to not penalize anyone for playing it.
    Besides, it's narrow as frack. Now it is legal, we will see how much of an impact it's going to have. I think it'll be fine.

    PPS. For those who missed it:
    We now have a public Google Spreadsheet with all scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing


    Edit: 14 decks now. The illegal one has been corrected to a legal one.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.

  12. #272
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,776

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    For what it's worth, I metagamed hard against force/Griffin. The cycles will be turbo-charged because each round will have definitive results. This will eventually lose steam, but not right now. Now its still fresh and fun.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  13. #273

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    This whole first season is about getting the hang of things. I'm super rusty, as last time I played this was a decade ago.
    We will grow into it. The banned list will improve, and we will find new ways to create weird cool decks.
    Sometimes someone will break the round with something overpowered. Next round everyone will be ready for it.
    It'll be okay.
    I remember playing CB a decade ago, back in the days that mana burn was a legit win condition.

    There has definitely been some interesting improvements to CB options, because Balance was much stronger back in the day due to the only answer being Sand Golem. (This is part of why I am more tolerant of broken stuff and usually prefer a vanishing banned list to deal with the broken stuff, although there is technically nothing wrong with a static banned list if the format is open enough.)

    There are definitely some differences between 4CB and the more traditional 3CB, but most of the theory should be the same.

  14. #274

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    This is too hard, and I have too little time calculating everything. I have updated my scores vs phonics, but I will not participate next round. At least I got 75% of my round 1 deck banned :)
    Apologies for not calculating as well, I'll also be taking the JosefK route this time. Thanks for putting my score together for round 1!

  15. #275
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    Apologies for not calculating as well, I'll also be taking the JosefK route this time. Thanks for putting my score together for round 1!
    That's okay.

    Yeah, 4CB is a tad more time consuming to play actively if there's 28 people participating.
    The group will probably get a bit smaller. Just lurk a bit until you decide you want to join again.
    You know how to get back in: just PM a deck before a deadline.

  16. #276
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    DECKS FOR ROUND 2:

    1. Asthereal (TO): Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle
    2. CptHaddock: Form of the Dragon, Mercadian Bazaar, Force of Will, Snapback
    3. apple713: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Force of Will, Deputy of Detention
    4. ronco: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, tundra, student of warfare
    5. JackaBo: Ancient tomb, lupine prototype, lupine prototype, field of ruin
    6. kombatkiwi: Young Wolf, Mind Swords, Shrieking Affliction, Bayou
    7. tescrin: Mayor of Avabruck, Dryad Arbor, Rishadan Port, Mishra's Factory
    8. Wrath of Pie: Lion's Eye Diamond, Gibbering Descent, Karakas, Leyline of Singularity
    9. Mr. Safety: Swamp, Duress, Innocent Blood, Chronomaton
    10. spirit of the wretch: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Student of Warfare
    11. H: Cavern of Souls, Swamp, Lupine Prototype, Duress
    12. Dan Pyre: Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Rattleclaw Mystic, Brimstone Mage
    13. PirateKing: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Nezumi Shortfang, Kolaghan's Command
    14. Tylert: Leyline of Singularity, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Karakas, Lotus Petal
    15. Ace/Homebrew: Pendelhaven, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid
    16. phonics: Bayou, Mishra's Factory, Divest, Mayor of Avabruck
    17. FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype
    18. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager

    You can enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    There is a new tab for round 2.
    But please also post the scores here with explanatiions where necessary, so everybody can cross-check and figure out mistakes.

    Also, please let me know if you feel we need to add cards to the banned list.

    Edit: Decks also pasted into first post, so they are easier to find.

  17. #277
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    947

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    My scores for round 2:

    1. Asthereal (TO): That's me! Cavern of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Mother of Runes, Chancellor of the Tangle (If you calculate our scores, note that I HAVE to play Thalia first, or else I lose the Chancellor mana and can't cast it anymore. Yes, this is a serious flaw, but a calculated one, because I wanted to have tech against Lupine Prototype (Chancellor stays in my hand). Also, I win 4-1 against 2x Chancellor, City, Eureka because I have my own Chancellor and Mother blocks the other one. And then no one decides to play that deck. Oh well.)

    2. CptHaddock: OTP Mother is in time to protect against Snapback, OTD you Snapback Thalia and win the race. 3-3 (3)
    3. apple713: OTP You can't cast Vial. OTD you can, and it ramps up just in time to Vial in your big dude so you get to defend. 4-1 (7)
    4. ronco: You can't Claim or FoW, but I can't race Student so staredown because of Mother. 2-2 (9)
    5. JackaBo: Prototypes are bigger than my dudes. 0-6 (9)
    6. kombatkiwi: OTP you can't cast Affliction, I win the race. OTD you start with Affliction and you ride it home. 3-3 (12)
    7. tescrin: You make many wolf tokens. I just sit there? 0-6 (14)
    8. Wrath of Pie: I can't beat Karakas, Karakas removes Thalia so you can cast Descent and win. 0-6 (12)
    9. Mr. Safety: Chronomaton races my army quite easily. Colorless so no protection. 0-6 (12)
    10. spirit of the wretch: I lose the race to Student, which would be stalemate but you have Leyline+Karakas to break it. 0-6 (12)
    11. H: You get to cast Duress for two mana. It doesn't do anything for itself, but it does enable Prototype. 0-6 (12)
    12. Dan Pyre: After reading your cards three times, I decided my deck doesn't stop your deck. Like, at all. 0-6 (12)
    13. PirateKing: You can't cast Command and won't go Hellbent for Megaliths. Yet remarkably, I still lose the race, even OTP. (I spent about 30 minutes calculating all the lines. I couldn't find a win.) 0-6 (12)
    14. Tylert: More Karakas/Leyline decks. I lose to those. 0-6 (12)
    15. Ace/Homebrew: Lose that race as well. 0-6 (12)
    16. phonics: Many wolf tokens. 0-6 (12)
    17. FTW: That's not what my deck was designed for. 0-6 (12)
    18. Kap'n Cook: OTP I win the race FTW, OTD you win the race FTW. Protection and flying prevent stalemates. 3-3 (15)

    Total: 15 Or: how I completely misjudged this round...
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-03-2019 at 05:47 AM.

  18. #278
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Paris City
    Posts

    536

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    My score:

    1. Asthereal: OTP i cast thalia and after that I bounce whatever you play. OTD: You play T1 Thalia, I play T1 Thalia. I bounce thalia you can't cast it anymore, i win. 6-0 --> 6
    2. CptHaddock: You can allways pay for snapback after some turns or just FoW Thalia. I can't bounce Form of the dragon. 0-6 --> 6
    3. Apple713: OTP, you force Thalia but i can bounce chancellor. OTD, you win because dep can remove leyline twice in a row, where i can karakas it only once if done at the end of my turn 1-4 --> 7
    4. Ronco: OTP, If you FoW thalia, it's a standoff, if you let her resolve, you can't sea claim, and would loose so you FoW. OTD Same story. 2-2 --> 9
    5. Jackaboo: OTP I play thalia. You play lupine (18). I bounce lupine, attack for 2 (16), you play field of ruins, destroy karakas (14). i attack for 2 (12). you play lupine (10). I can't attack. You play lupine (8) and win. OTD you're a turn faster. 0-6 --> 9
    6. Kombatkiwi: OTP: I play Thalia T1, you can't play shrieking afflication and i can bounce young wolf. OTD. You play shrieking affliction. Thalia will not be able to race shrieking afflication, so i don't play anything else. You can play mind swords by sacrificing your wolf and i loose. 3-3 --> 12
    7. Tescrin: OTP: I think it's a stand off. I need to bounce mayor all the time and thalia can block your creatures. I can't attack profitably. OTD: 2-2 --> 14
    8. Wrath of pie: OTP: I play Thalia, you can't play gibbering descent so you bounce her. and win because i can't do anything else. worse OTD where you play Gibbering madness T1. 0-6 --> 14
    9. Mr. Safety: I win OTP because you can only cast chronomaton that i will bounce every time. Stand off OTD because i can bounce chronomaton. 4-1 --> 18
    10. Spirit of the wretch: You FoW Thalia, I can't win, but i can still bounce student. Stand off... 2-2 --> 20
    11. H: OTP, i cast thalia, and can bounce lupine prototype all day. OTP you can duress my petal (which should have been a chancellor of the tangle) but i can bounce prototype. 4-1. --> 24
    12. Dan Pyre: OTP, I cast Thalia T1, and will bounce anything you play and win. OTD: T1: City rattleclaw mystic T1: THalia T2: You can't attack because i can block and kill mystic so you do nothing. T3: I attack, you can't block take 2 and i have the advantage because i can allways bounce your second creature. 6-0 --> 30
    13. PirateKing: OTP, I cast thalia T1. You can't kill her via KC. You will not be able to activate megaliths because i can allways bounce shortfang to your hand. same thing OTD 6-0 --> 36
    14. Me
    15. Ace/Homebrew: I don't see any line where you win when i'm OTP or OTD. I will be the first one to deal damage and win from there because i can allways bounce the thallid that has the more counters and you will never be able to block with a thallid that is pumped by pendelhaven. 6-0 --> 42
    16. Phonics: OTP: I cast thalia T1 and can allways bounce mayor if you play it but stand off because of factory being a land and therefore not legendary. OTD: T1 divest take thalia. after that i can allways bounce mayor but dies to an activated mishra's factory. . 1-4 --> 43
    17. FTW: OTP: Playing lupine on your side has no interest because i can bounce it and you will have gained nothing. I think that with karakas i can keep the automaton small enough so that you will never attack me for more than 2 and i will be the one doing the damage first. If you try to play defence, i will be able to alternate the bounce on both chronomatons and shrink them enough too. OTD: same thing i think. 6-0 --> 49
    18. Kap'n Cook: You force thalia both games because i can bounce rampager all day long and do more damage than familiar. Stand off. 2-2 --> 51

    Total score: 51. Not bad if you think i did the same score on the previous round with 9 more opponents :)
    Last edited by Tylert; 03-03-2019 at 03:52 AM.
    Death and taxes!!

    Another Draft Blog

  19. #279
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,004

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    11. H: OTP you can't cast Duress, I keep Chancellor in hand, so Prototype does nothing. OTD you cast Duress to enable Prototype ftw. 3-3 (17)
    Why couldn't I play Duress on my turn 2 though? Wouldn't Prototype still win that race being cast on my turn 3?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  20. #280

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    FTW: City of Traitors, Chronomaton, Chronomaton, Lupine Prototype


    1. Asthereal (TO): I think even a single Chronomaton gets me there. 6-0 (6)
    2. CptHaddock: I lead with Prototype, you have to Force it, then double Chronomaton kills you before Form comes down even OTD (e.g. grow to 3/3s and swing for 6 a turn). 6-0 (12)
    3. apple713: You have to FoW or Deputy Prototype, then double Chronomaton wrecks Chancellor. 6-0 (18)
    4. ronco: You have to FoW turn 1 Prototype. Double Chronomaton outgrows Student. 6-0 (24)
    5. JackaBo: Field of Ruin wrecks me and you out-Prototype me. 0-6 (24)
    6. kombatkiwi: OTP I play everything and win. OTD I play Prototype, lose Chronomatons, and just barely lose the race. 3-3 (27)
    7. tescrin: Lupine doesn't get there before you could double block with 3/3s, then Mayor outpaces double Chronomaton growth so I never get an advantageous attack before the swarm kills me. 0-6 (27)
    8. Wrath of Pie: This hilarious anti-aggro combo wrecks me. 0-6 (27)
    9. Mr. Safety: I lead with double Chrono, sac one to Innocent Blood, then Prototype wins the race. 6-0 (33)
    10. spirit of the wretch: OTP we draw. OTD you have tempo on me and can just swing for 1 every turn while I have no blockers. 1-4 (34)
    11. H: Lupines trade and Chronomaton wins. 6-0 (40)
    12. Dan Pyre: Chronomatons grow out of burn range before you can ping them. 6-0 (46)
    13. PirateKing: You can't cast K. Command until turn 4, so I can protect myself from the 2-for-1 (Destroy Artifact + 2 damage). With 2 beaters I win the race. 6-0 (52)
    14. Tylert: This one I lose because you don't need to lose tempo leveling up. I never get a Chronomaton to 3/3 so you attack every turn FTW. 0-6 (52)
    15. Ace/Homebrew: Prototype beats down early and Chronomaton growth outpaces Thallids. 6-0 (58)
    16. phonics: Mayor beats me again. 0-6 (58)
    17. FTW: Me.
    18. Kap'n Cook: Each threat wrecks Rampager and you can only Force one. 6-0 (64)

    Total Score: 64

    EDIT: Changed to 3-3 vs kombatkiwi instead of 6-0, 1-4 vs spiritofthewretch instead of 2-2.
    Last edited by FTW; 02-27-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. KobeBryan