Page 196 of 332 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Looks like we have the results in now, so here's standings for round 4:
    1. Wrath of Pie: 60 - 5
    2. H: 57 - 4,8
    3. jhhdk: 54 - 4,5
    3. Reeplcheep: 54 - 4,5
    5. dte: 51 - 4,35
    6. FTW: 39 - 3,3
    7. silkster: 34 - 2,8
    8. Tylert: 30 - 2,5
    9. Asthereal (TO): 28 - 2,3
    9. Serguei: 28 - 2,3
    11. alphastryk: 15 - 1,3
    12. GoblinSmashmaster: 9 - 0,8
    13. maxx!: 6 - 0,5

Which would lead to these standings for the season so far:
    1. dte: 18,5
    2. FTW: 15,9
    3. Serguei: 14,1
    4. Tylert: 13,9
    5. Reeplcheep: 12,2
    6. Wrath of Pie: 10,8
    7. silkster: 10
    8. maxx!: 9,7
    9. Asthereal (TO): 9,4
    10. H: 9,2
    11. jhhdk: 8,7
    12. GoblinSmashmaster: 7,7
    13. alphastryk: 7,1

So dte proudly leads the pack, with FTW in pursuit. Wrath makes a nice jump in the ranks with an excellent result for round 4.

The deadline for round 5 has passed, and I'm missing alphastryk and FTW. Last round was rather messy so I'll give you some extra time to send in decks.
    There is still the issue wth my match against alphastryke. He did not confirmed the analysis done by FTW where it shows without any FoN he looses both OTD and OTP.
    I should have 34 pts and 2.8 instead.

Max

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    There is still the issue wth my match against alphastryke. He did not confirmed the analysis done by FTW where it shows without any FoN he looses both OTD and OTP.
    I should have 34 pts and 2.8 instead.

Max
    Ah thanks, I overlooked that one. Adjusting scores now.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

The deadline for round 5 has passed, and I'm missing alphastryk and FTW. Last round was rather messy so I'll give you some extra time to send in decks.
    I submitted a few hours ago. I don't know if alphastryk is following this thread too closely. He hasn't updated his results from the last round or commented on the rules discussion. There's so much stuff going on that Round 5 would be easy to miss.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I submitted a few hours ago. I don't know if alphastryk is following this thread too closely. He hasn't updated his results from the last round or commented on the rules discussion. There's so much stuff going on that Round 5 would be easy to miss.
    I got yours indeed. I guess alphastryk is rather busy, but I'll give him a bit more time.

I got yours indeed. I guess alphastryk is rather busy, but I'll give him a bit more time.

Any news ?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    Any news ?
    Nope, not yet. I'll post decks during my break.
    If he sends a deck still, I'll include it. If not, he'll be skipping a round.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Unfortunately no entry from alphastryk, but we're a day late now, so I'm going to have to post decks. Here we go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 5 OF SEASON 9: Deviant Legacy - Part 2

This round we play The Coin: When you are on the draw, you begin the game with a Lotus Petal artifact token in play. No additional bannings.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Tropical Island, Chromomaton, Durkwood Baloth, Daze
    2. jhhdk: Gatekeeper of Malakir, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth,Volrath's Stronghold
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Force Spike, Force Spike, Brinebarrow Intruder
    4. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Porcelain Legionnaire, Trinisphere, Rishadan Port
    5. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy
    6. H: Swamp, Cry of Contrition, Fume Spitter, Shamble Back
    7. maxx!: Cavern of Souls, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Meddling Mage, Spell Pierce
    8. Serguei: Scalding Tongs, City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge
    9. Tylert: Lion's eye diamond, Unburial Rites, Iona, shield of emeria, Karakas
    10. dte: City of traitors, Hangarback Walker, Arcbound Ravager, Steel Overseer
    11. FTW: Karakas, Mishra's Factory, Path to Exile, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    12. silkster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Pact of Negation, Angel's Grace

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the seasonwhich you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-19-2021 at 04:55 AM.

Feb 2014

I expected pierce to be the round defining thing, as it was all I could think of. And LED/Iona, as it is always the tiers 1 T1 deck. Only one of each :/

6-0. OTD, the coin blanks daze. When I am OTP, you get to daze your choice of card between Hangarback and ravager. It is better for you to daze hangarback, so I lead with steel overseer, followed by ravager.

2. jhhdk: Gatekeeper of Malakir, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth,Volrath's Stronghold
    0-6. Nice deck! First it looked like complicated maths here, but on second thoughts you just crush me.

3-3. A classic result vs force spike decks, but inversed? OTD I resolve two creatures and they are better than yours. OTP your intruder beats my ravager I guess?

4. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Porcelain Legionnaire, Trinisphere, Rishadan Port
    6-0. OTP and OTD, overseer or walker T1 takes the game.

5. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy
    3-3. At the earliest you trophy T3. When I am OTP, T1 Overseer, T2 walker (2/2s), T3 ravager (2/2, 3/3, 4/4), you can trophy overseer (ravager 3/3, walker 4/4) but will definitely lose the race as walker grows, and both ravager and walker are good at dying. When you are OTP I am pretty sure you win by taking my land before I can cast my third creature, but cannot do the maths now.

0-6. Very nice use of the coin! I would have definitely played that (or at least cry/spitter) if I ever thought of it! I lose both.

7. maxx!: Cavern of Souls, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Meddling Mage, Spell Pierce
    6-0. OTP and OTD, overseer or walker T1 takes the game.

8. Serguei: Scalding Tongs, City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge
    0-6, I lose to bridge. With a very big army on the other side.

9. Tylert: Lion's eye diamond, Rites of unburial, Iona, shield of emeria, Karakas
    6-0. The MU I prepared for! When you are OTP, you play Iona T1. I do T1 overseer. T2 (d13), walker, activate seer (2/2). T3 attack (d7), ravager, grow walker with the coin and overseer (4/4, seer 3/3, ravager 2/2). T4 attack, sack walker for 4 tokens, block with one token and sac it to ravager (4/4). My T4, I attack with 2 token 2/2 and a ravager 5/5, leaving a token in defense ==> Win. When I am OTP it is even easier.

6-0. I can see FTW prepared for the same MU. here it is 2 "growers" vs 1 PtE = Win, thalia can block bounce only once every 2 turns.

6-0. Interesting use of the coin too! My growers are better than yours, as they either leave an army behind, or grow an other dude. and it comes down to 3 ressources vs 2 too.

1. Asthereal (TO): Tropical Island, Chromomaton, Durkwood Baloth, Daze WW, turn before Baloth is about to join the party i chose not to pay upkeep, if you daze when i recast, balot gets two swings before i recast. Chronomaton is largely irrelevant, because it can't grow with tabernacle, so i have plenty of time to deal with it.
    2. jhhdk: Gatekeeper of Malakir, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth,Volrath's Stronghold <--- me
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Force Spike, Force Spike, Brinebarrow Intruder WW, it seems, Ideal MU I think.
    4. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Porcelain Legionnaire, Trinisphere, Rishadan Port DD, i see it now. took a while.
    5. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy LL, Trophy on gatekeeper and ride factory to victory.
    6. H: Swamp, Cry of Contrition, Fume Spitter, Shamble Back LL, can't get recursion going before Shamble exiles my Gatekeeper.
    7. maxx!: Cavern of Souls, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Meddling Mage, Spell Pierce LW? OTD I resolve Gatekeeper first and race, OTP you meddle first.
    8. Serguei: Scalding Tongs, City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge LL
    9. Tylert: Lion's eye diamond, Rites of unburial, Iona, shield of emeria, Karakas LL, Assuming "Rites of unburial" is Unburial Rites
    10. dte: City of traitors, Hangarback Walker, Arcbound Ravager, Steel Overseer WW, tabernacle keeps things fairly simple.
    11. FTW: Karakas, Mishra's Factory, Path to Exile, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben LL
    12. silkster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Pact of Negation, Angel's Grace WW, tactician wont live long enough to become dangerous, even with Pact.
    Last edited by jhhdk; 02-18-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    4. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Porcelain Legionnaire, Trinisphere, Rishadan Port LL, Can't kick Gatekeeper with Trinisphere in play.
    Actually if you kick gatekeeper, it counts as BBB for trini. So you actually do not care about trinisphere

You should also win vs Asthereal, Silkster and me.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for The Coin:

That's me, expecting Force Spike and playing around it with Daze. Might be a bad idea though. We'll see.
    EDIT: Recurring Gatekeeper only works if it actually dies. But I forgot Taberncale also works for you. You just don't pay for GK. It dies. You recur it. You cast it. Every other turn. Which is too fast for me. 0-6
    Baloth hoses this deck really well. Only OTD you can double-Spike, after which Chrono gets free reign anyway. 6-0
    So Trini hoses Baloth quite well, but Chrono beats your deck by itself, as long as I get to cast it. Which I can, both OTP and OTD, as your deck can't cast Trini before I get a turn. 6-0
    This deck just beats my deck. 0-6
    Suspend Baloth. Discard Daze first, if needed I'll discard Chrono second. If not, Baloth will win the race, if my math is right. 6-0
    Mage can stop either Chrono or Baloth, but the other will win it. 6-0
    OTD I get to Daze the Tings which leads to a draw. OTP you have the Coin mana to protect against Daze and your deck hoses mine perfectly. 1-4
    9. Tylert: Lion's eye diamond, Rites of unburial, Iona, shield of emeria, Karakas
    I gave up this match. OTP I have Daze up, but you have Coin mana up to counter this idea. I did npt think this deck through very well. 0-6
    You can force through Overseer both times. Even if I counter one of the others, Overseer + second artifact dude still wins it. 0-6
    OTD I get to Daze Thalia. Path kills one of my guys buth the other wins it. OTP Daze is a blank. Chrono gets Pathed, Baloth stays back for defence as I'll otherwise lose the race. I think this should be 4-1
    If both Cenn and Chrono resolve, we just tick up and draw. OTP I open with Chrono. You can Pact, but I'll Daze it. If you pay with the Coin mana, you won't have mana for Grace and lose. So it resolves. You play Cenn afterwards, and use Pact to counter Baloth so we draw. We both lose a tick up turn (sus Baloth, cast Grace). So we draw here. OTD if you open with Cenn, you won't have mana to pay for Daze anyway, so Chrono always resolves. But if you don't open with Cenn, I can just wait until you do cast it and then cast Chrono afterwards. We still draw. I don't see a win for myself yet though, so for now I'll chalk up 2-2.

Total: 31 points

EDIT: Reviewed match against jhhdk. Tabernacle means j get's to let his Gatekeeper die. Then recur. Then kill my threat again.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Actually if you kick gatekeeper, it counts as BBB for trini. So you actually do not care about trinisphere

You should also win vs Asthereal, Silkster and me.
    I missed the fact that he can use Tablernacle to let his Gatekeeper die.
    Nacle also slows me down as I can't tick up Chrono.
    I haven't actually done math, but I can't imagine me racing, even if I get to Daze something. Note that Daze takes away upkeep mana...
    Cool deck!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I have once again submitted an illegal deck. I hope everyone believes me when I say that I wanted to play "Unburial Rites".

1. Asthereal: OTP I Name green and win, OTD, I have a petal to pay for daze. 6-0 --> 6
    2. jhhdk: OTP I name Black and pay for tabernacle with karakas. OTD it's the same. 6-0 --> 12
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP, you counter something. OTD I have a petal. 3-3 --> 15
    4. Reeplcheep: OTP, I name white and win. OTD, I name white and win as you can't do a T1 trinisphere. 6-0 --> 21
    5. Wrath of Pie: Iona races elixir + Mishra. I name black each time 6-0 --> 27
    6. H: I name black each time and win. 6-0 --> 33
    7. maxx!: You can counter my rites OTP and OTD. 0-6 --> 33
    8. Serguei: Bridge is colorless. 0-6 --> 33
    9. Me.
    10. Dte. I'll trust you for now --> 33
    11. FTW: Karakas + Mishra = I loose. 0-6 --> 33
    12. Silkster: OTP, you can pact and angel's grace. OTD, You can pact and angel's grace. 0-6 --> 33

Total 33.

SPell pierce over force spike is really a good idea.
    I thought about playing force spike as it appears to be good OTD contrarily to a normal situation where you don't have the lotus, but it's so terrible OTP... because of the lotus on the opponent's side. Spell pierce on the contrary asks for more for the same price. And most T1 combos use a non creature spell.
    Last edited by Tylert; 02-19-2021 at 06:25 AM.

The entries:

Wasn’t around last time we did legacy so didn’t remember the level 0 decks.

LL dies to chrono. 0-6

Per below, kicker works through 3ball. I otp I can force you with 3ball to use your petal to cast gatekeeper the first time, which means you don’t have the mana to cast it the second time through port. OTD you don’ have a petal for me to worry about so the same result happens.
    DD 2-2

If I lead on 3 ball you can’t double spike the legionnaire. WW 6-0

5. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy. Trophy 3 ball then legionnaire then port. LL 0-6

LL 0-6.

No answer to t1 legionnaire or meddling mage. LW !!! 3-3

Edit: WW 0-6

OTP if you lead on bridge or tongs I can port you off the other. OTD if you lead tongs I have to commit my petal to stop bridge which means I can never play my threat. DL 1-4

LL 0-6 thought we would see more big mana, maybe should have played ssg instead of port.

Your threats beat mine. LL 0-6

OTD you can’t beat t2 3 ball. OTP t1 Thalia is back breaking. LW !!! 3-3. The first match that petal makes a giant difference. Has LW ever happened before?

Build your own fow, nice. Unlike bolster its not activate as a sorcery so LL 0-6.

15 points
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 02-19-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Round of Embrace the Coin.

Me: silkster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Pact of Negation, Angel's Grace

On my play, I can land tactician, then you can jam Chronomaton by Dazing the Pact. Neither creature can outgrow the other, but I have the half turn tempo so a double attack doesn't force a trade.
    On your play, I let you make turn 1 Chronomaton and play my Tactician, holding the Coin to pay for Daze. Neither of our creatures can outgrow the other and attack. You can play Baloth and I can let it go (giving me the half turn tempo) or I can counter it and it costs us both 1 turn of pumping. DD, 2 points

Build your own Murderous Rider. Well, it murders me.
    LL, 0 points

On my play, I Pact a Force Spike to play Tactician. On your play, I can pay for it with Coin.
    WW, 6 points

On my play, I lead on Tactician and you have to play the Port first so that you can keep your City around. I make a 2/2, you play Trinisphere. I make a 3/3, you make Legionnaire. I pass, you can't attack, I make a 4/4 on your end step, and I get to attack first too.
    On your play, you lead on Port, I make 1/1. You play Trinisphere, I make 2/2. You play Legionnaire, I make 3/3. Attacking loses the race, so you stay back and tap my land on upkeep, but it doesn't get better. You need to sequence Port > City > Trinisphere > Legionnaire or I can either counter the legionnaire or grow on defence and swing for 20.
    WW, 6 points

Basically, 3 cards is better than 2. 0 points

Basically, 3 cards is better than 2. 0 points

Our interactive cards do nothing, but my creature is bigger. 6 points

Degeneracy that I can beat. 6 points

Degeneracy that I can beat. 6 points

Too many threats. 0 points

Thalia is must-counter, then threat plus removal beats me. 0 points

32 points from 10W, 10L, 2D. Almost perfectly in the middle.

I was looking for the post that laid out what rounds were to come, then realized I could probably find it in the very first post on page 1. There I saw Asthereal's encouraging words about not wanting to miss weeks because of the fun and not the points. So I decided to embrace the round mechanic as best I could. Otherwise, I was planning to ignore it and play some boring control deck, which would have done significantly better, but whatever.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post

I was looking for the post that laid out what rounds were to come, then realized I could probably find it in the very first post on page 1. There I saw Asthereal's encouraging words about not wanting to miss weeks because of the fun and not the points. So I decided to embrace the round mechanic as best I could. Otherwise, I was planning to ignore it and play some boring control deck, which would have done significantly better, but whatever.
    You got style points at least!

1. Asthereal (TO): Tropical Island, Chromomaton, Durkwood Baloth, Daze WW
    2. jhhdk: Gatekeeper of Malakir, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth,Volrath's Stronghold WW - Even simpler than you have it, I Trophy Urborg then ride to victory.
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Force Spike, Force Spike, Brinebarrow Intruder WW
    4. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Porcelain Legionnaire, Trinisphere, Rishadan Port WW
    6. H: Swamp, Cry of Contrition, Fume Spitter, Shamble Back DW - Probably the rarest result possible in Card Blind.
    7. maxx!: Cavern of Souls, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Meddling Mage, Spell Pierce DD
    8. Serguei: Scalding Tongs, City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge WW
    9. Tylert: Lion's eye diamond, Rites of unburial, Iona, shield of emeria, Karakas LL - I'm guessing that you went with the literal French translation this time?
    10. dte: City of traitors, Hangarback Walker, Arcbound Ravager, Steel Overseer WL - Using the Coin as Ravager food is a good plan. (Also, you make Trophy rather bad.)
    11. FTW: Karakas, Mishra's Factory, Path to Exile, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben WW - I expected you to have Tylert's entry or a variant of it.
    12. silkster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Pact of Negation, Angel's Grace WW

16w3d = 51 points

I discounted the coin as basically irrelevant, so I just went standard 4CB. If Trophy/Elixir worked with all the lands, I figured why not do it with just two of the lands? (Elixir should probably be banned next round though, because it makes the round rule irrelevant.)
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 02-19-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Sep 2011

This was my attempt at a deck that beat all the explosive combos taking advantage of the coin to cast PtE, which seemed more fun than just ignoring the round rule and playing a turn 1 deck.

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP you Daze Thalia, Path takes Chrono, and Baloth races Factory. OTD the coin plays around Daze. Path takes Chrono. Thalia + Factory get a big headstart on Baloth, forcing you to hold it on defense to draw. LD 1-4
    2. jhhdk: If you Gatekeeper Thalia, PtE exiles it and Factory beats through Tabernacle. WW 6-0
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: You can't beat Mishra's Factory. WW 6-0
    4. Reeplcheep: OTP I play Factory. If you don't play T1 3sphere using the coin, Thalia locks you out of Sphere, then Path answers Legionnaire and Thalia wins. To stop that you play City and T1 3sphere. I play Karakas and attack with Factory (R=18). You play Port (losing City) and Legionnaire, paying 2 life (R=16). Now you need 7 attacks to win and I need 8 attacks, so you just barely race Factory.
    OTD you can play T1 Legionnaire or play Port first to keep your lands. I play T1 Thalia using the coin, locking you off 3sphere. You can Port down Factory forever, but I still Path Legionnaire and win with Thalia. LW 3-3
    5. Wrath of Pie: I knew I was scooping to Elixir-Trophy but hoped at most 1 player was on it because with the slow lands it loses hard to T1 decks. Turns out there was only 1 T1 deck! LL 0-6
    6. H: OTP I play Karakas. You use the coin to play Fume Spitter and Cry me, but I respond with PtE on Spitter stopping the Haunt, then discard Thalia. Factory stares down the 2/2 zombie token.
    OTD if you lead with Spitter, I play Karakas and Path it, then you play Cry and I discard Factory, then play Thalia using the coin and win. If you lead with Cry instead I discard Path, then I can play Thalia with coin+Factory and have Karakas to bounce it if you try to kill it with Spitter. Thalia + Factory wins.
    WD 4-1
    7. maxx!: If you name Path, Thalia + Factory beats through Mage. If you use the coin for T1 Mage naming Thalia, Path kills it before you have mana for Pierce. If you save the coin for Pierce, Thalia comes down before Mage and stops Pierce from protecting Mage anyway. WW 6-0
    8. Serguei: OTP I play T1 Factory, you play T1 Bridge. I play Thalia but you can use the coin to resolve Tongs and win.
    OTD you can T1 Bridge, I play T1 Thalia, and you lack the mana to resolve Tongs so we draw.
    LD 1-4
    9. Tylert: I came ready for this. Karakas stops Iona, your Karakas stops my Thalia, but Factory gets there. WW 6-0
    10. dte: This was the other deck I considered (with Chalice over Ravager), but thought it would be too soft to turn 1 Magus or turn 1 Shocker. Unfortunately it's a lot better vs control decks like mine. I can't answer 3 threats that outgrow mine. LL 0-6
    12. silkster: Thalia makes it hard for you to protect Cenn from PtE, then Factory wins. WW 6-0

39 points (12 wins, 3 draws, 7 loss)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I discounted the coin as basically irrelevant, so I just went standard 4CB. If Trophy/Elixir worked with all the lands, I figured why not do it with just two of the lands? (Elixir should probably be banned next round though, because it makes the round rule irrelevant.)
    I thought Elixir would be a lot weaker this round. The fact that you have to use up 2 slots on lands and play ETB tapped lands reduces how much interaction the deck has. Iona, Floorboards, Barbed Shocker, Infect, and some other fast decks should all beat this because you only get Trophy on turn 3. We just had a surprisingly slow meta with little combo, and this deck shines in grindy metas.

It seems fine to leave unbanned as long as so many T1 combo decks and fast prison decks exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I expected pierce to be the round defining thing, as it was all I could think of. And LED/Iona, as it is always the tiers 1 T1 deck. Only one of each :/

6-0. I can see FTW prepared for the same MU. here it is 2 "growers" vs 1 PtE = Win, thalia can block bounce only once every 2 turns.
    Yeah, I prepared for similar MUs and accepted losses to grindy stuff like 3x Overseer and Elixir+Trophy.

The deck I was worried about even more than Iona was
    City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide, Barbed Shocker

With double SSG it plays around Spell Pierce, FoN, 3sphere, Chalice and can beat stuff like Daze & Sphere of Resistance with the coin. Path+coin was my tech to 6-0 that. Path also beats the T1 Magus version.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    You got style points at least!
    On style, I love H's deck: peasant + perfect use of the coin.
    I also find fun that WoP gets top scores with almost the same deck on two very different rounds.

Shouldn't you draw that one? discarding two cards before your T2, so you can never keep elixir + farm, so it's factory vs token, draw.

(Elixir should probably be banned next round though, because it makes the round rule irrelevant.)
    That would force me to make a deck for next round :/
    Be it next round, and the life round as well, I think elixir is tiers 0.

Otherwise for normal rounds, I think elixir, LED and Schoker are equally oppressive. Another way to see it is to say that they define a metagame, and are then fine. I am fine either way (keeping or banning).

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    The deck I was worried about even more than Iona was
    City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Simian Spirit Guide, Barbed Shocker

With double SSG it plays around Spell Pierce, FoN, 3sphere, Chalice and can beat stuff like Daze & Sphere of Resistance with the coin. Path+coin was my tech to 6-0 that. Path also beats the T1 Magus version.
    Actually with the coin robots 6-0 magus and Iona, and 3-3 schoker, so it sounded fine. I though no one would want to play shocker as you probably lose OTD, plus OTP against any deck playing either force spike or removal.
    It would have been actually great.

I did not think at all about bridge or elixir.

Thread Information