Page 159 of 332 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Deadline has passed but I'm missing one of the regulars (and a newer player).
    I'm super busy at work, so I can give you 7 more hours from now.
    When this happens, could we list the players who have not submitted? Might avoid everyone panicking and asking if their submission went through each time.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 11-18-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Sep 2011

My fault, I submitted just after Asthereal posted the comment. Decks should all be in, though he may be busy at work for a while..

I don't know if the newer player (Karshtavaar I assume?) is coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    You have my (crappy) submission?
    Mine is putrid, so you might have me beat.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Mine doesn't even have an Uncommon in it, so I'm pretty sure yours is better,
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I hope it is. I was wondering when someone would finally play that card.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I hope it is. I was wondering when someone would finally play that card.
    I am curious about the target as well.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Mine doesn't even have an Uncommon in it, so I'm pretty sure yours is better,
    One of the decks in my gauntlet has no Uncommon, and it's still quite strong and my submission this week loses to it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same one.

I found this round really hard. For the last 3 rounds, there have been standout cards that I felt I had to build around. This time, I basically chose two cards I didn't want to lose to and worked around that. But the power level is so low that I feel kinda silly. Usually I just go for raw power, especially into open fields, but I was worried about a few answers that I thought might be very popular.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    One of the decks in my gauntlet has no Uncommon, and it's still quite strong and my submission this week loses to it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same one.

I found this round really hard. For the last 3 rounds, there have been standout cards that I felt I had to build around. This time, I basically chose two cards I didn't want to lose to and worked around that. But the power level is so low that I feel kinda silly. Usually I just go for raw power, especially into open fields, but I was worried about a few answers that I thought might be very popular.
    People have been metagaming around my cards...
    I'm pretty sure you're trying to beat me although i'm going to be the only one playing this :)

Sep 2011

Ah, so you beat my deck. I should have gone with the other one then... I expected you to go for raw power into the open field ;-) Well played

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Ah, so you beat my deck. I should have gone with the other one then... I expected you to go for raw power into the open field ;-) Well played
    All I can think of now is Reeplcheep correctly predicting Shrieking Affliction in round 5, successfully preparing for it, and then losing to it in the standings. Oh, and that time that I went with a deck that goes 4-1 against Burning Inquiry expecting it to be 50+% of the meta.

All I can think of now is Reeplcheep correctly predicting Shrieking Affliction in round 5, successfully preparing for it, and then losing to it in the standings. Oh, and that time that I went with a deck that goes 4-1 against Burning Inquiry expecting it to be 50+% of the meta.
    Yah felt bad. Unlike you guys I feel the surviving decks are such a higher power level that they hampered anything janky I could come up. Except for one, but it was basically just a worse vial deck.

Feb 2014

I still feel that the power level is high. Except for blackmail and wasteland, nothing very strong got banned last week.

I have no clue how silkster and FTW are able to guess which deck they are talking about with so few input, I've got plenty of unplayed decks of similar power level, with nothing standing out.

I went for unoriginal aggro-control rather than raw power, and hope it works.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Sorry guys, work had me caught up until late last night.
    I'll post decks during my break today.

Is everybody cool with me naming publicly who hasn't entered a round yet?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Sorry guys, work had me caught up until late last night.
    I'll post decks during my break today.

Is everybody cool with me naming publicly who hasn't entered a round yet?
    Cool with that. Would be great for me, as like a couple of others I nervously double (triple?) check my messages to be sure I sent something when I see that somebody is missing.
    Anyway, it is always apparent who the slow posters are, as you post them in the order of arrival?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I Don't care about seeing that i'm the late poster :) (although it wasn't me this time).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Anyway, it is always apparent who the slow posters are, as you post them in the order of arrival?
    Very sharp.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Let's go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 8 OF SEASON 8: Peasant Continued Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    2. Reeplcheep: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathspore Thallid, Innocent blood
    3. dte: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Gideon's Lawkeeper, deftblade elite
    4. alphastryk: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    5. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Wildfield Borderpost, Tidehollow Sculler, Putrid Leech
    6. H: Mountain, Reckless Waif, Forge Devil, Death Spark
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Eldrazi Devastator, Porcelain Legionnaire
    8. silkster: Forest, Lush Growth, Granger Guildmage, Utopia Mycon
    9. Tylert: Island, Aether vial, Qasali pridemage, Faceless butcher
    10. maxx!: Keldon Megaliths, Gruul Turf, Sparksmith, Tin Street Hooligan
    11. FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Phantasmal Terrain, Infiltrator il-Kor

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    We also have a new Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Asthereal; 11-20-2020 at 04:36 AM.

Feb 2014

After wasteland week, FoW week! It feels more Legacy than Peasant right now ;)

3. dte: Plains, Cenn's Tactician (CT), Gideon's Lawkeeper (GL), deftblade elite (DE)
    I thought DTB was FoW, Eldrazi and Lush growth - one assumption correct (but miscalculated), others not so much.

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    3-3. If you FoW CT, you you lose to DE while GL taps your dude. If you FoW GL, you lose to an exponentially growing DE. So you race and end up at 1 life when you are OTP, whether I chose to tap your dude early or grow my DE (see maths below). OTP, I win. This is a miscalculation on my part, because I thought of this MU before submitting and chose this deck because I thought I won. Well :/

2. Reeplcheep: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathbloom Thallid, innocent blood
    6-0. I guess it is the wrong thallid?

4. alphastryk: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    3-3, see above (or below)

5. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Wildfield Borderpost, Tidehollow Sculler, Putrid Leech
    6-0. CT T1 takes it, irrelevant of anything else.

6. H: Mountain, Reckless Waif, Forge Devil, Death Spark
    0-6. Argh. I die again and again and again. Death spark is great tech!

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Eldrazi Devastator, Porcelain Legionnaire
    0-6. Nice tech with legionnaire, even faster, yet having a leg vs FoW! I had counted that if someone played without cloack, I would tap eldrazi, and that if someone would play cloack, I could race OTP. But here I cannot. I still leave you at 1 life when I am OTP...

8. silkster: Forest, Lush Growth, Granger Guildmage, Utopia Mycon
    6-0. At least one MU I had prepared for and that I actually win! DE kills GG, and then win with CT.

9. Tylert: Island, Aether vial, Qasali pridemage, Faceless butcher
    6-0. Butcher has to take DE or die from it, CT wins.

10. maxx!: Keldon Megaliths, Gruul Turf, Sparksmith, Tin Street Hooligan
    6-0. DE kills Sparksmith, and then win with CT (Megalith are too slow to prevent it to become a 2/2).

11. FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Phantasmal Terrain, Infiltrator il-Kor
    0-6. Nice twist! Here the best I can do is to have two dudes OTP, which leaves you at 1 life again!

Vs Asthereal and alphastryk
    A or a OTP:
    T1 Skerry, dude (order irrelevant)
    T2 suspend (2), dude + attack (Aa 19)
    T3 suspend (2 + 1), dude + attack (Aa 17)
    T4 suspend (1), attack (d17), pump DE (2/2) + attack (Aa 14)
    T5 attack (d11), pump DE (3/3) + attack (Aa 10)
    T6 attack (d5), keep GL + attack (Aa 6)
    T7 tap 1 il kor, attack (d2), attack (Aa 1)
    lose. OTP I should win easily. Or:
    T5 attack (d11), keep GL + attack (Aa 11)
    T6 tap 1 il kor, attack (d8), keep GL + attack (Aa 8)
    T7 tap 1 il kor, attack (d5), keep GL + attack (Aa 5)
    T8 tap 1 il kor, attack (d2), attack (Aa 1)
    lose. OTP I should win easily.
    3-3

Vs 7. GoblinSmashmaster: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Eldrazi Devastator, Porcelain Legionnaire
    d OTP
    T1 CT, HW
    T2 CT attacks (G19), GL, Eldrazi + PL (G 7)
    T3 keep GL, tap Eldrazi and PL attacks (d17)
    T4 CT attacks (G6), tap Eldrazi and PL attacks (d14) --> you need 5 more attacks, I need 6. I leave you at 1 life. OTD, it is way worse. :/
    0-6

I would have never believe that I would come up 1 life short in 4 (well, three different) MUs with this deck designed to grow big. My second choice would have made 54, always easier to chose after seeing the metagame :)

Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 11-19-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP you have to FoW my Terrain or you lose. I can either FoW back to draw or trade Infiltrators to draw. OTD you can suspend one Infiltrator first, so I do too and they trade. If you try to cast the 2nd or Force mine, I FoW back. DD 2-2

2. Reeplcheep: Was that supposed to be another land or Thallid? 3/1 shadow races 2/2 and I FoW Innocent Blood. WW 6-0
    Edit: If the deck change is accepted, I can't beat 2x removal so I just FoW the Thallid and LD your Factory. DD 2-2

3. dte: Ah, this was very close to the "fair" deck I almost played this week to beat Lush Growth, FoW and Eldrazi (and also last week to beat LD, where it would have done much better than my Wasteland deck). Luckily for me, because this was my own deck I was prepared to beat it. Phantasmal Terrain wins, with my 3/1 just barely racing your 2-power OTD. WW 6-0
    Edit: But you still scored better

4. alphastryk: Same as Asthereal. Many ways to draw. DD 2-2

5. Wrath of Pie: FoW on Borderpost wins. WW 6-0

6. H: Great tech to beat these X/1s!! Reckless Waif is uncommon (I tried to submit it in Pauper) so you do in fact have an uncommon. I can't possibly try to win, so I just do nothing. If you play Mountain and Reckless Waif, I FoW the Waif. Forge Devil would kill itself. DD 2-2

7. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I can turn your land into a Swamp before you can use it. OTD you can cast one spell first. Your best line is to cast Legionnaire first, which I can't race. That forces me to Force it, pitching Infiltrator, and then Terrain your land to stop Channel. WD 4-1

8. silkster: Yeah, you came prepared to beat FoW and my other deck would have done better here. OTP I play Skerry. If you play Lush Growth (or anything else), I FoW it pitching Infiltrator and then turn your land into a Swamp. OTD you get to both play a creature and Lush Growth before I untap, and I can't stop both. DL 1-4

9. Tylert: FoW on Vial. WW 6-0

10. maxx!: Interesting deck. I can't beat this. If I FoW Sparksmith, my creature would race Hooligan but you have Megaliths. If I use Terrain to stop Megaliths (either on Megaliths or Turf), your manabase is redundant enough that you can still cast both creatures and Sparksmith me. LL 0-6

31 points (7 wins, 10 draws, 3 loss)
    Last edited by FTW; 11-19-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Thread Information