Page 161 of 332 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Enough people are fine with the switch, so Reep now plays the following four:
    Reeplcheep: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathspore Thallid, Innocent blood
    Last edited by Asthereal; 11-20-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    The "I copied your deck" mirror. Whoever is on the draw FoWs the first threat to avoid losing the race, forcing a draw. DD

2-2

2. Reeplcheep: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathbloom Thallid, innocent blood
    As submitted, I can FoW Innocent Blood and race Factory with my 3 power threat. WW

If updated to the castable Thallid, I have to Force that threat for many reasons, and I can't beat Innocent Blood + Factory. LL

6-0 or 0-6

3. dte: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Gideon's Lawkeeper, deftblade elite
    Agree with dte's math, WL

3-3

4. alphastryk: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    This is me

5. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Wildfield Borderpost, Tidehollow Sculler, Putrid Leech
    FoW on Borderpost wins it. WW

6-0

6. H: Mountain, Reckless Waif, Forge Devil, Death Spark
    I don't see a way for me to win outright, but I can force a draw by FoWing the Waif and turning it into a staring contest (Forge Devil shoots itself if there is no other option). DD

2-2

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Eldrazi Devastator, Porcelain Legionnaire
    If you go for Channel, I let it resolve and FoW the Eldrazi, leaving me ahead on life in the 3/1 race. If you opt to lead with turn 2 Legionnaire instead paying the 2 life, it becomes a pure race as I always need to hold FoW until your life is low enough you can't Channel into the Eldrazi. Your 3/1 would attack on your turn 3, and my 3/1 would attack on my turn 4. Those are the same "kill turn" however because you start at 18 life which is one less attack, but somewhere in there I should always be able to change gears and play a second threat to turn the race farther in my favor. WW

6-0

8. silkster: Forest, Lush Growth, Granger Guildmage, Utopia Mycon
    Don't see a path through here, as I can't beat either Lush Growth or Granger Guildmage + Mycon (for slow red mana), and I can't FoW both. LL

0-6

9. Tylert: Island, Aether vial, Qasali pridemage, Faceless butcher
    FoW on Vial wins it. WW

6-0

10. maxx!: Keldon Megaliths, Gruul Turf, Sparksmith, Tin Street Hooligan
    I don't see a way to win here - I can't interact with Megaliths and it kills all my threats eventually no matter what I do. LL

0-6

11. FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Phantasmal Terrain, Infiltrator il-Kor
    FoW "mirror". Don't see a way this isn't DD in any permutation.

2-2

Total: 27
    Me is also score this amount yes.

After fixing Reeps typoconfuzzlement we go for 27 points.

EldraziSmashmaster Results for Round "Don't Force Combo"

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    You use the Force 0-6

2. Reeplcheep: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathspore Thallid, Innocent blood
    You draw first Blood 3-3

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

4. alphastryk: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Infiltrator il-Kor, Infiltrator il-Kor
    You use the Force 0-6

Discard 3-3

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Hickory Woodlot, Channel, Eldrazi Devastator, Porcelain Legionnaire
    That's me!

LD 0-6

Eldrazi smash, then stare at the Butcher 4-1

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

11. FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Force of Will, Phantasmal Terrain, Infiltrator il-Kor
    LD 1-4

Total: 28 points

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: Force of will has to be banned :) 0-6 --> 0
    2. Reeplcheep: Innocent blood kills pridemage, butcher removes Thallid and as I have received forst damage. I stay in defence. 2-2 --> 2
    3. dte: If I keep butcher for tactician, I'll die to elite. If I use butcher to remove Lawkeeper, tactitian will come into play and build a big soldier before I can kill you. 0-6 --> 2
    4. Alphastryk: Force of will should be banned :) 0-6 --> 2
    5. Wrath Of pie: If I can land butcher on Leech, I win. So you play sculler first. You have to take pridemage with sculler, Because if you take butcher, I can land pridemage and race until you play leech that I can exile by killing sculler with butcher. So you take Pridemage. I use butcher on sculler and we stare at each other. 2-2 --> 4
    6. H: Pridemage can block waif and butcher will race devil. 6-0 --> 10
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP, You can land legionnaire early to prevent pridemage from attacking (You can't attack yourself because of the 2 damage you've taken from legionnaire) and it's a staredown. OTD, I'm one turn too late. 1-4 --> 11
    8. Silkster: Lush growth does nothing to me. Butcher takes Mycon. You have at most 1 thallid (Didn't do the exact math). I can race Granger after. 6-0 --> 17
    9. Me.
    10. Maxx!: Hooligan takes vial. sparksmith kills pridemage. 0-6 --> 17
    11. FTW: FOrce of will has to be banned :) 0-6 --> 17

Total 17.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    4. Alphastryk: Force of will should be banned :)
    That's the goal! not sure we'll get there this week though

I tried to help!

Sep 2011

We won't. Unless H has any contradicatory results, everyone else is in.

I finished in 4th, and the other FoW decks are a bit under, so Force will stick around another day. Anti-Force decks (Cenn's Tactician, Lush Growth, Megaliths) will get banned instead.

FTW's innovation had Force of Will into the top 3, but everything was so close and easily disrupted by the rightful appearance of Deathspore Thallid. It looks like it'll be another week with Force of Will roaming free. I am glad that Utopia Mycon is getting banned. I hate having to plan for cards that I bring into the meta. Interestingly, Force of Will is the only uncommon I've played that isn't banned (though it's not like people were unaware of it before). I have no idea if they feel similarly, but I just checked the "ones that got away" for the other leaders: for dte, it's only Channel; and FTW this week swapped out Cenn's Tactician for Force of Will.

This week felt hard. I knew about a bunch of cards that I would lose to single-handedly, but I couldn't find any way around it. The flatness of the results* seems to echo my sentiment. I looked over some of my other decks on my list and they were getting 24, 24, 24, 27, 18 points. I finally found a deck that would have been good in this meta, but I don't even think that's going to help for next week, though it was a fun puzzle.

*I did a quick check of the standard deviations of each of the 8 rounds: 1.5, 1.4, 1.2, 1.6, 1.2, 1.1, 1.2, 0.6.
    My apologies to the Europeans who use decimals and commas backwards from how I do it. I originally copied and pasted the round results into my own spreadsheet to thinker with, but my spreadsheet wasn't properly interpreting the commas as decimal points, so I gave up trying to reformat it and just did it on the official document. So I sort of your formatting pain.
    Last edited by silkster; 11-20-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: Mountain, Reckless Waif, Forge Devil, Death Spark

Yeah, I can't do anything to force a win through Force. 2-2

Pretty sure I can't beat Factory. We disagree here because you have me playing Devil first, which I can't really do, I have to play Waif first and then I lose that to Blood. 0-6

Finally some X/1 creatures I can beat. I think I win both here. 6-0

Same as round 1. 2-2

X/2 creatures make me sad. 0-6

6. H: Bye, myself.

I wasn't even pretending I could beat this. 0-6

Lush Growth doesn't do much here, it could enable your own Guildmage but I'd kill it long before it matters. 6-0

I can't beat this. 0-6

I think the only saving grace here for me is that getting the Sparksmith and Megaliths online is slow, so I can flip Waif and then pick off the 1/1's in time. 6-0

Yeah, I think we do draw here, since even in the worst case I can just hold all my cards until the Kor resolves. 2-2

24 maybe?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    6. H: Mountain, Reckless Waif, Forge Devil, Death Spark WW - I like how Reckless Waif is somehow uncommon.
    Of course, look how much stronger it is than Delver of Secrets. Wizards doesn't have any color bias at all. All basic lands are created equal.
    ... some are just more equal than others.

#banIsland

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

I wasn't even pretending I could beat this. 0-6
    Interestingly, this matchup is so bad for you that the Channel combo even flips back Reckless Waif into a 1/1.

Yeah, I can't do anything to force a win through Force. 2-2
    I was so confused by this and even checked Asthereal's score before realizing that Forge Devil is an unhappy camper when cast on an empty board, just like ole FTK. These scores look right.

Pretty sure I can't beat Factory. We disagree here because you have me playing Devil first, which I can't really do, I have to play Waif first and then I lose that to Blood. 0-6
    I also definitely didn't realize the devil kills itself on an empty board.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Scores for round 8:
    1. dte: 36 - 3,6
    1. maxx!: 36 - 3,6
    3. silkster: 34 - 3,4
    4. Reeplcheep: 31 - 3,1
    4. FTW: 31 - 3,1
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: 29 - 2,9
    7. Asthereal (TO): 27 - 2,7
    7. alphastryk: 27 - 2,7
    9. H: 24 - 2,4
    11. Wrath of Pie: 17 - 1,7
    11. Tylert: 17 - 1,7

Which leads to these bannings:
    Cenn's Tactician
    Deftblade Elite
    Gideon's Lawkeeper
    Granger Guildmage
    Gruul Turf
    Keldon Megaliths
    Lush Growth
    Sparksmith
    Tin Street Hooligan
    Utopia Mycon

And the season standings look as follows:
    1. silkster: 33,6
    2. dte: 33
    3. FTW: 30,3
    4. maxx!: 25,1
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: 20,5
    6. Wrath of Pie: 19,8
    6. Asthereal (TO): 19,8
    8. alphastryk: 18,6
    9. Reeplcheep: 17,8
    10. H: 16,7
    11. Tylert: 16,5
    12. Karshtakavaar: 2,6

So silk and dte still fighting hard for the top spot, FTW following close behind.
    maxx! now finds himself in a bit of no man's land, far behind the top 3 but also well ahead of the rest.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 9 OF SEASON 8: PEASANT CONTINUED BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 9, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 25th of November at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Terror, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S08R09 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    My apologies to the Europeans who use decimals and commas backwards from how I do it. I originally copied and pasted the round results into my own spreadsheet to thinker with, but my spreadsheet wasn't properly interpreting the commas as decimal points, so I gave up trying to reformat it and just did it on the official document. So I sort of your formatting pain.
    Did you try saving via a file format and opening that?

I appreciate that the upcoming round has a giant "DO NOT PLAY BORDERPOSTS" sign, now I can find a new way to fail!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I appreciate that the upcoming round has a giant "DO NOT PLAY BORDERPOSTS" sign, now I can find a new way to fail!
    It does not stop me to fail every week :)

It does not stop me to fail every week :)
    Yeah, this round might not be good for Aether Vial.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Yeah, this round might not be good for Aether Vial.
    I don't know. It looks as if playing Force of will might be a bad idea too :)
    And anyway, as i'm the lone vial player. why metagame against me? :)

I only tried copying and pasting the entries, and then I found another way to do it, so I stopped trying.

Here I thought this round we just played came with a "DO NOT RELY ON A 1-DROP TO ENABLE YOUR DECK" sign, so I lost to most who ignored that.

I don't know. It looks as if playing Force of will might be a bad idea too :)
    And anyway, as i'm the lone vial player. why metagame against me? :)
    The problem is less that people are metagaming against you and more that the metagame just happens to hate on what you're doing. At least, that's how I've felt. I won't deny that I do check my decks against what I think you'll play, though you can see that I ignored it this week. I was prepared to lose to basic+Chronomaton regardless of what other two cards you played!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    The problem is less that people are metagaming against you and more that the metagame just happens to hate on what you're doing. At least, that's how I've felt. I won't deny that I do check my decks against what I think you'll play, though you can see that I ignored it this week. I was prepared to lose to basic+Chronomaton regardless of what other two cards you played!
    ANd that is probably the way to go. Because I'm the lone chrono / vial player :)

Thread Information