Page 110 of 332 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
    OTP: M. Mage – Chronomaton.
    A. Karakas bounce chronomaton.
    M. city, play chronomaton and charge mage.
    A. you have to decide to bounce my guy or play griffin. If you bounce my guy indefinitely I’ll make a 20/20 ballista/ So let’s say you play griffin, pass.
    M-charge mage (2)
    A. Attack with griffin , 18 bounce chronomaton.
    M. charge mage, (3) play chronomaton.
    A. Attack griffin, M16, bounce chrono. I won’t play a 3/3 ballista b/c cannot recur b/c of void.
    M. charge mage, (4) play chronomaton.
    A Attack griffin, M14, bounce chrono.
    M-charge mage, (5) play chronomaton.
    A- Attack griffin, M12, bounce chrono.
    M-charge mage, (6) play chronomaton.
    A- Attack griffin, M10, now you don’t bounce chrono to save your griffin.
    M- Attack chronomaton A19. 4/4 Ballista. You Bounce ballista, so I kill griffin.
    A-Play griffin.
    M-attack chronomaton A18. Charge mage. (1)
    A-attack griffin M8.
    M-bounce chrono. Play chrono and charge mage (2)
    A-attack griffin M6
    M-bounce chrono. Play chrono and charge mage (3)
    A-attack griffin M4.
    M-bounce chrono. Play chrono and charge mage (4)
    A-attack griffin M2.
    M-Play 3/3 ballista. And when I go to shot you bounce, and replay. ☹
    Not sure if there is another line, but looks like you’re right. LL
    You have a dead Tethered Griffin coming back from the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
    OTP: M. Mage – Chronomaton.
    A. Karakas bounce chronomaton.
    Not sure if there is another line, but looks like you’re right. LL
    It's even better for Alphastryk to just play the Griffin turn 1. You can't attack with 1/1 Chronomaton, and making a larger Chronomaton does nothing against being bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You have a dead Tethered Griffin coming back from the grave.
    It's allowed to do that once.

(Possibly more times. I'm still unclear whether the "exile replacement clause" sticks when the card moves to a hidden zone. In paper Magic it has to, but we can break the rules here if we want. I just don't know what was established.)

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    It's allowed to do that once.

(Possibly more times. I'm still unclear whether the "exile replacement clause" sticks when the card moves to a hidden zone. In paper Magic it has to, but we can break the rules here if we want. I just don't know what was established.)
    Oh right, forgot the round rule, silly me.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Two questions about bannings

Before I start the Pauper round:
    What do you guys think? Ban Emtpy the Warrens for this one?

Also I again read a number of comments asking for the general banning of Leyline of Singularity.
    So I will be adding it to the banned list, unless there are enough people opposed (will need at least 4 commenting against this baning.)
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-15-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Two questions about bannings

Before I start the Pauper round:
    What do you guys think? Ban Emtpy the Warrens for this one?
    I have a hard time seeing how it can make more than 8 goblins on turn 1 (ok, that's a lot). the deck I was going to post beats this. So i'd say no... but that could be oppressive for the format. So do as you wish.

Also I again read a number of comments asking for the general banning of Leyline of the Singularity.
    So I will be adding it to the banned list, unless there are enough people opposed (will need at least 4 commenting against this baning.)
    Ok for me.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I have a hard time seeing how it can make more than 8 goblins on turn 1 (ok, that's a lot).
    8 Goblins on turn 1 still wins many games of Legacy, against 7-card hands with draw steps. It's beatable but not nothing.

I'm not opposed to the Leyline ban. At least it would allow for some round diversity. Otherwise it's like Dredge... if you forget to allocate spots to beating it, it just sweeps an event.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    ...I'm not opposed to the Leyline ban. At least it would allow for some round diversity. Otherwise it's like Dredge... if you forget to allocate spots to beating it, it just sweeps an event.
    This is my problem with it essentially, its a little format warping and makes the new rules for each round less relevant.

8 Goblins on turn 1 still wins many games of Legacy, against 7-card hands with draw steps. It's beatable but not nothing.

I'm not opposed to the Leyline ban. At least it would allow for some round diversity. Otherwise it's like Dredge... if you forget to allocate spots to beating it, it just sweeps an event.
    Interestingly, I think 8 Goblins on turn one suffers from this same problem. I guess there are probably more creative solutions to it, though.

Five minutes ago I was all for banning Empty, but now I wonder if anyone would have the guts to play it after this discussion. Since I can't even make up my mind, that's a good indication that I'm happy with whatever everyone else chooses.
    Last edited by silkster; 05-15-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Pauper sweepers beat the Goblins, but the issue is that said sweepers are blanks elsewhere.

Outside of that, the best hope is probably to split with discard.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Interestingly, I think 8 Goblins on turn one suffers from this same problem. I guess there are probably more creative solutions to it, though.

Five minutes ago I was all for banning Empty, but now I wonder if anyone would have the guts to play it after this discussion. Since I can't even make up my mind, that's a good indication that I'm happy with whatever everyone else chooses.
    This is exactly why I felt like Empty the Warrens deserves a ban for pauper.
    You have to plan for it, or it just sweeps, like FTW said about Leyline.
    But I'm also not sold yet. Many of you seem to have a plan against it, so maybe it's okay.

Leyline though is looking to get a definite ban. No one seems opposed, and many are in favour of the ban.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    This is exactly why I felt like Empty the Warrens deserves a ban for pauper.
    You have to plan for it, or it just sweeps, like FTW said about Leyline.
    But I'm also not sold yet. Many of you seem to have a plan against it, so maybe it's okay.

Leyline though is looking to get a definite ban. No one seems opposed, and many are in favour of the ban.
    Oh, no I was in favor of banning Empty. I think 8 Goblins is actually a pretty big deal. It's sometimes enough to win games with TES in Legacy.

Ironically Empty beats Leyline+Karakas but no one played it.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Oh, no I was in favor of banning Empty. I think 8 Goblins is actually a pretty big deal. It's sometimes enough to win games with TES in Legacy.

Ironically Empty beats Leyline+Karakas but no one played it.
    Empty doesn't beat Leyline, as all the goblins but one get singled out by the legend rule.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Empty doesn't beat Leyline, as all the goblins but one get singled out by the legend rule.
    Also, all Storm was banned for last round.
    FTW isn't as sharp as usual. He needs a few hours of extra sleep, I think.

Regarding Empty the Warrens:

As I think about it more, I'm falling on the side of ban it. If I tech against it and it doesn't show up, it's a bit disappointing. If I tech against it and win, it's fine but not actually satisfying. If I ignore it and it crushes me, that's annoying. If I ignore it and it doesn't show up, that's pretty much the best case scenario.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for round 6

Rank. Player: Score - SP
    1. Moosedog: 33 - 4,1
    2. alphastryk: 32 - 4
    3. Wrath of Pie: 29 - 3,6
    4. silkster: 28 - 3,5
    5. Tylert: 26 - 3,3
    6. FTW: 23 - 2,9
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: 15 - 1,9
    8. Asthereal (TO): 12 - 1,5
    9. H: 8 - 1

There were a few descrepancies here and there.
    Silk won a game he thought he drew and there was an extra draw because of eternal Eternal Scourge.
    Unless people find new lines, in which case I'll have to edit all the things. We can sort that out later.

Also, season standings don't really change much compared to last round. But I did update the Google sheet and the first post, for those interested.

But first: I have decided on the bannings.
    Leyline of Singularity is out for the remainder of the season.
    Also, Empty the Warrens is out for the pauper round.

I'll be sending myself a deck soon. Expect the round to open within an hour or so.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 7 of SEASON 6: DEVIANT LEGACY has started.

This round we will play Pauper - Only commons can be played. Lowest rarity counts (example: Counterspell is legal, even though it was uncommon in Revised and older, as it was common in Tempest, among others).
    Additional banning: Empty the Warrens

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 7, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 20th of May, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Raging Goblin, Mogg Fanatic, Lightning Bolt.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S06R07in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and I'm at 7 entries. I can give you a few more hours while I do some work stuff, but hurry!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Still missing one, but I'm short on time this week, so I need to get this round going.

DECKS FOR ROUND 7 OF SEASON 6: PAUPER

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Quicksand, Errant Ephemeron, Oblivion Ring
    2. Tylert: Vault Skirge, Slippery Bogle, Forest, Forced Adaptation
    3. alphastryk: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Savage Swipe
    4. Wrath of Pie: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Lush Growth
    5. Moosedog: Mountain, Vault Skirge, Vault Skirge, Lightning Bolt
    6. H: Mountain, Satyr Hoplite, Akroan Crusader, Mark of Fury
    7. silkster: Island, Viscerid Deepwalker, Sea's claim, Unsummon
    8. FTW: Blossoming Sands, Gladecover Scout, Cartouche of Solidarity, Cartouche of Solidarity

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's resulst for round commons:

Chookity-pok!
    O-ring the Adaptation. But Skirge will grow at least once before I can do that, so I'll need to keep Ephemeron back for defense for two draws? 2-2
    Hmm... O-ring one of the Baloths, but the other one fights and kills my Ephy and then runs away with it. 0-6
    Lush Growth kinda stops my plans. Any waincon will do afterwards. Two 5/5 beasts are actually overkill here. 0-6
    You can always keep back both Skirges and if I O-ring one, you use the other plus Bolt to trade with my Ephy for two draws? 2-2
    I don't feel like calculating this. Gut feeling is I'll lose this. Might check later. For now I'll write up 0-6
    Sea's Claim stops O-ring if you play your cards right. Unsummon will then slow Ephy down quite well. Looks like we draw these as I'll need to keep EPhy back or defense again? 2-2
    8. FTW: Blossoming Sands, Gladecover Scout, Cartouche of Solidarity, Cartouche of Solidarity
    I can O-ring a 1/1 or an aura thingy, but it won't get me then win I think. More staredowns? 2-2

Total 8 points?

Also, right after posting decks I got another submission from a new player, which I unfortunately had to reject as I had already posted decks.
    Sorry, and hope to see you for next round!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

My results for round 7. Theres a lot of combat math and decisions this round, so I'm likely going to mess it up.

I think this is the same on the play or draw - one of my Baloths gets O-ringed, but the other fights your Ephemeron and sticks around. WW

6-0

Math time!

OTP:
    my t1: Forest, suspend Baloth.
    your t1: Forest, Boggle.
    my t2: suspend second Baloth (4, 5 time counters)
    your t2: Forced Adaptation the Boggle, attack for 1.
    me: 19, you: 20
    my t3: do nothing (3, 4 time counters)
    your t3: Boggle grows (2/2), play Vault Skirge, attack with Boggle.
    me: 17, you: 18
    my t4: do nothing (2, 3 time counters)
    your t4: Boggle grows (3/3), attack.
    me: 13, you: 19
    my t5: still waiting (1, 2 time counters)
    your t5: Boggle grows (4/4), attack.
    me: 8, you: 20
    my t6: Finally, a Baloth! I also make it fight your Vault Skirge to simplify the board (this gains you 1 life). Then attack for 5 (you win the waiting game since your guy keeps growing)
    me: 8, you: 16
    your t5: Boggle grows (5/5). You attack since there's no way you're blocking and trading
    me: 3, you: 16
    my t6: Second Baloth, but only one can attack since the other needs to block. Leaving them both back and waiting seems bad because your guy outgrows the double block eventually.
    me: 3, you: 11
    your t6: Boggle grows (6/6), you attack and I block. I have no way to win from here. L

OTD: Even worse than above. L

0-6

This is me

Baloth battle! Lush Growth is not hate vs me, but my Savage Swipe just lets us trade Baloths in a noncombat way. Pretty sure this is just a draw.

2-2

Vault Skirges are a slow enough clock and Bolt doesn't kill my guys, so I'll always have a faster clock. WW

6-0

This deck is a work of art. Having said that, I don't think you can grow Hoplite beyond fighting range, and Crusader doesn't go wide enough fast enough to beat 2 Baloths. Can dig more into the math here if needed but I think I win this.
    Edit: Hoplite grows beyond fighting range because I can't read Savage Swipe, and it doesn't give my Baloth +2/+2/.
    LL

0-6

I can't beat Sea's Claim + Unsummon. Sweet tech. LL

0-6

I can't ever fight your Scout (but I do fight away a token), but since Scout is always just a 3/3 I think I end up going over the top by having a 5/5 you can't attack past, based on the math I did for my match with Tylert above. WW

6-0

Total: 20
    Last edited by alphastryk; 05-22-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Thread Information