Page 138 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Good point. If you Bolt the Pridemage, Nacatl won't race Evangel. If Pridemage trades with Growth, Evangel beats you easily.
    Pridemage is so good that it does better than I think!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble

11. Tylert: Plains, Akrasan squire, Akrasan squire, Sacred cat
    OTP my Emissaries beat whatever single creature you play. I think I win OTD too but that might need some math.

OTD (2 Squires)
    T: Squire
    m: Needle
    T: Squire, attack (m: 18)
    m: play everything
    T: attack with one Squire (m: 15)
    Now you kill me in 5 attacks, but I kill you in 5 attacks and I get to attack next. You can chump once, but that reduces your clock by a turn. I think I barely get there with this line.
    The first Squire attack is for 3, not 2, so your life total should go to 17 then 14. That 1 extra damage is enough that Tylert can chump with a Squire without losing a turn on his clock. Tight race!

Life totals (Maxxx / Tylert) with you OTD
    20 / 20
    17 / 20 (precombat Squire means double Exalted)
    14 / 16
    11 / 12
    8 / 8
    5 / 4
    2 / 2 (he chumps one with the untapped Squire)
    0 (2/2 is enough to win)

You holding back a creature to chump the 3/3 Squire doesn't help your clock.

WL 3-3?

The first Squire attack is for 3, not 2, so your life total should go to 17 then 14. That 1 extra damage is enough that Tylert can chump with a Squire without losing a turn on his clock. Tight race!

Life totals (Maxxx / Tylert) with you OTD
    20 / 20
    17 / 20 (precombat Squire means double Exalted)
    14 / 16
    11 / 12
    8 / 8
    5 / 4
    2 / 2 (he chumps one with the untapped Squire)
    0 (2/2 is enough to win)

You holding back a creature to chump the 3/3 Squire doesn't help your clock.

WL 3-3?
    Oh, you're right. In that case, I think I can just hold back both BTEs forever, threatening a double block on the 3/3 Squire. That should lead to a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    7. 7. dte: island, Tidal Warrior, Piracy charm, Spindrift Drake
    a. Trade charm with my 3/1 & drake with my 3/2. 0-6
    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    2. Reeplcheep: Plains, Bonesplitter, Law-Rune Enforcer, Healer's Hawk
    WW. 2 creatures each and a removal for me.
    Both players agreed on this one but I don't quite see it. Reep can always play the Enforcer before Tidal Warrior goes online, and can play Bonesplitter through it. Piracy Charm can't remove Enforcer either, so a 3/2 Enforcer on the ground seems inevitable. How does dte force the correct trades to win? Attacking with Drake alone lets Enforcer counterattack for more, and attacking with both would let the Enforcer eat the Tidal Warrior. If dte tries to combine damage from Tidal Warrior with Piracy Charm to kill Enforcer, then the Hawk comes online and can carry the equipment. This looks like 2-2 to me.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    Both players agreed on this one but I don't quite see it. Reep can always play the Enforcer before Tidal Warrior goes online, and can play Bonesplitter through it. Piracy Charm can't remove Enforcer either, so a 3/2 Enforcer on the ground seems inevitable. How does dte force the correct trades to win? Attacking with Drake alone lets Enforcer counterattack for more, and attacking with both would let the Enforcer eat the Tidal Warrior. If dte tries to combine damage from Tidal Warrior with Piracy Charm to kill Enforcer, then the Hawk comes online and can carry the equipment. This looks like 2-2 to me.
    Piracy Charm trades with Hawk one way or another.

If the Hawk is in play, Piracy Charm gives it +2/-1 to kill it.
    Otherwise if it is in hand, Charm uses the discard mode and Reep discards Hawk over Bonesplitter because it can't be cast through Tidal Warrior's mana denial.

Then it's just a matter of 2 creatures beating the 3/2.
    If 3/2 Enforcer attacks back, dte attacks with both creatures for 3 damage and it becomes a 3 damage race. dte gains tempo because the 3/2 can't attack when Drake is untapped, and Warrior can chump once.

If 3/2 Enforcer attacks back, dte attacks with both creatures for 3 damage and it becomes a 3 damage race. dte gains tempo because the 3/2 can't attack when Drake is untapped, and Warrior can chump once.
    Got it. That's the piece I was forgetting. Tidal Warrior getting attacks in whenever Enforcer is tapped evens up the clock. Thanks

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Jackal Pup, Lightning Bolt, Crack the Earth
    3. alphastryk: Rugged Highlands, Mountain, Mogg War Marshal, Sparksmith
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Gladecover Scout, Ornithopter, Primal Cocoon
    5. H: Forest, Lush Growth, Wild Nacatl, Lightning Bolt
    6. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Selesnya Evangel, Qasali Pridemage
    7. dte: island, Tidal Warrior, Piracy charm, Spindrift Drake
    8. FTW: Swamp, Dead Weight, Pharika's Chosen, Typhoid Rats
    9. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble
    10. silkster: Swamp, Ornithopter, Tendrils of Despair, Vile Rebirth

1. Asthereal: OTD: I allways have a threat on the board to sac to crack the earth and I have 4 threats compared to your 3 answers. I'll sac the cat to Crack the earth if you ever cast it and attack with my 2/2 lifelinker into your pup for the win. OTP You can bolt my threat EOT and crack the earth both our lands for the draw. 4-1 --> 4
    2. Reeplcheep: You have a 3/3 lifelinker. ALthough it comes late online, at some point, i'll be doing 3 lifelink damage to you while you'll do 3 lifleink damage + 1 from enforcer that I can't block because i'll loose a squire and the lifelink race. So You win both 0-6 --> 4
    3. Alphastryk: Sparksmith will grind all my boys before i can kill you I guess. 0-6 --> 4
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Attacking with a 3/3 every turn puts too much pressure (Also because my cat will be able to come back) so you have to block with thopter before it can race my 3/3 lifelinker both OTP and OTD. So 2-2 --> 6
    5. H: If you bolt a squire, it will be a stand off. I can't attack into your 3/3 nacatl but you can't race because I do a 4 damage differential. 2-2 --> 8
    6. Wrath of Pie: I can take you down to 8hp before you start having an attacker and a blocker for each turn. If I don't attack you ust keep doing 1/1s. 0-6 --> 8
    7. Dte: Can't win this. 0-6 --> 8
    8. FTW: 4 threats vs your 3 answers. 6-0 --> 14
    9. Maxx!: 1-4 according to your anlysis and the one from FTW. 1-4 --> 15
    10. Silksters: OTP or OTD, I discard cat and a squire and allways embalm cat first. So I allways have a 2/2 lifelinker to attack. You have to block it and looses to the squire I have left. 6-0 --> 21.

Total 21. Damn. 5 minutes of thinking and I do more points than my last two attempts :)

Me: silkster: Swamp, Ornithopter, Tendrils of Despair, Vile Rebirth

I can hold you to 2 cards, but Pup or Bolt will trade with my threat. DD for 2 points

Even on my play, you get to 21-19 before before I can attack, so I'll never be ahead in life. LL

3. alphastryk: Rugged Highlands, Mountain, Mogg War Marshal, Sparksmith
    Discard means you can't cast spells. WW for 6 points

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Gladecover Scout, Ornithopter, Primal Cocoon
    On your play, you can make scary Ornithopter. On my play, I can hold you to a lonely 1/1. WL for 3 points
    I'm a big fan of this deck, but I'll be real sad if it does better than mine this week.
    Edit: No responses. Sadness resolves.

5. H: Forest, Lush Growth, Wild Nacatl, Lightning Bolt
    You hold Lush Growth for the draw. DD for 2 points

6. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Selesnya Evangel, Qasali Pridemage
    Even on the draw, discard either gets the Sanctuary or both spells. WW for 6 points

7. dte: island, Tidal Warrior, Piracy charm, Spindrift Drake
    I almost played Tidal Warrior + Piracy Charm, but I didn't like any of my threat options. Spindrift Drake locking down my land seemed really awkward. Perhaps I shouldn't have dismissed it so quickly. If only I could have played Shamble Back. Ugh. LL

8. FTW: Swamp, Dead Weight, Pharika's Chosen, Typhoid Rats
    Draws all day. DD for 2 points

9. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Burning-Tree Emissary, Burning-Tree Emissary, Tremble
    Oh, this is really cool. You keep a 2/2 for a score of 2-2. DD for 2 points

Yikes. This looks like it was designed to beat me. LL 0 points

23 points. Ouch.

With 3 rounds left, it looks like it'll be a tight race for second and a tight race for fifth, but a wild upset is not impossible.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I almost played Tidal Warrior + Piracy Charm, but I didn't like any of my threat options. Spindrift Drake locking down my land seemed really awkward. Perhaps I shouldn't have dismissed it so quickly. If only I could have played Shamble Back. Ugh. LL
    I had some silly decks in mind with each of Grim Initiate and Piracy Charm that I was saving for later rounds and didn't expect them to get banned!

That was a great LD deck from DTE though!

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    With 3 rounds left, it looks like it'll be a tight race for second and a tight race for fifth, but a wild upset is not impossible.
    I didn't expect to hold my lead with a weak deck. I got lucky that no one else in the top half (from last round) could beat that score except maxx!, who gained by 0.5 but was further back in 4th before. But with 3 rounds left anything can happen!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Standings for round 9:
    1. dte: 47 - 4,7
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: 41 - 4,1
    3. maxx!: 32 - 3,2
    4. FTW: 27 - 2,7
    5. alphastryk: 25 - 2,5
    5. Wrath of Pie: 25 - 2,5
    7. Asthereal (TO): 24 - 2,4
    8. silkster: 23 - 2,3
    9. H: 21 - 2,1
    9. Tylert: 21 - 2,1
    11. Reeplcheep: 16 - 1,6

Which leads to the following standings in the season:
    1. FTW: 32,1
    2. maxx!: 28,5
    3. H: 28,3
    4. silkster: 28
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: 23
    6. alphastryk: 22,8
    7. Asthereal (TO): 22,4
    8. Wrath of Pie: 22,1
    9. Tylert: 18,5
    10. Moosedog: 12,5
    11. dte: 7,7
    12. Reeplcheep: 7,4

Also this leads to these bannings:
    Burning-Tree Emissary
    Gladecover Scout
    Ornithopter
    Piracy Charm
    Primal Cocoon
    Sandstone Needle
    Spindrift Drake
    Tidal Warrior
    Tremble
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 10 of SEASON 7: PAUPER BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 10, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 2nd of September, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Terror, Dauthi Slayer.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S07R10 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and I'm missing one of the regulars. I'll give you a few more hours while I do some work things.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

It's actually not me this time! (I think...)
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    It's actually not me this time! (I think...)
    You can check your sent messages to be sure.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You can check your sent messages to be sure.
    Yeah, I was mostly being factitious, but for a moment I had to really think if I had.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

It's me. i submit the same deck as last time... sorry about that... Too much work today.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Alright, I'll chalk up the deck from last round for Tylert, and we're off!

EDIT: Second try, as I posted an illegal deck that I already had a replacement for. My bad.

DECKS FOR ROUND 10 OF SEASON 7: Pauper Bannathon

2. Reeplcheep: Swamp, Kobolds of Kher Keep, Mana Skimmer, Culling the Weak
    3. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Midnight Guard, Presence of Gond
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Khalni Garden, Swamp, Silhana Ledgewalker, Spinal Graft
    5. dte: Swiftwater Cliffs, Conjurer's Bauble, Stream of Thought, Lightning Bolt
    6. FTW: Swamp, Mistvein Borderpost, Sinkhole, Esper Stormblade
    7. H: Mountain, Ghitu Lavarunner, Forked Bolt, Lightning Bolt
    8. alphastryk: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Qasali Pridemage, Selesnya Evangel
    9. maxx!: Swamp, Rakdos Carnarium, Raven's Crime, Gobhobbler Rats
    10. silkster: Island, Reef Shaman, Essence Flare, Wind Zendikon

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I believe I send a later message changing decks, will double check that now.

Edit - it appears that I did, but will wait for official confirmation.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Weird day, with lost of work but also all the news around the new graphics cards from NVidia.
    Little room for actual thought about 4CB, but we have 11 decks, so let's do some mathin'.

Asthereal's scores for round 10:

That's me, still no inspiration. I apologize for my soulless submissions this season.
    2. Reeplcheep: Swamp, Kobolds of Kher Keep, Mana Skimmer, Culling the Weak
    Kobolds work. But your Skimmer dies to Bolt and the Pup wins it. 6-0
    3. Wrath of Pie: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Midnight Guard, Presence of Gond
    Wait, an infinite combo? Damn. Thankfully I have answers. OTP I make Pup, you make Garden and the 0/1. I bolt the 0/1, you make the Sanctuary. I Crack and Pup wins from here. OTD it gets a little harder. If I try to Bolt the Guard, you just put the Presence on a 0/1 token and still win it. Crack is harder to use because you're a turn faster adding the 0/1s. I guess I just Bolt the first 0/1 and Crack the Sanctuary for the draw, like last round. 4-1
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Khalni Garden, Swamp, Silhana Ledgewalker, Spinal Graft
    Garden helps Crack and the Grafted Ledgewalker beats my Pup. OTD I can't stop you, but OTP I can play Mountain-go, and EOT Bolt the 0/1 in order to Crack the turn after for the draw. 1-4
    5. dte: Swiftwater Cliffs, Conjurer's Bauble, Stream of Thought, Lightning Bolt
    Inevitability. Nice. Thankfully your land is slow. OTP Pup-go. You play the land. I Crack it and win. OTD playing Pup makes no sense as you'll just kill it, so I just Crack your land the turn after you play it. 4-1
    6. FTW: Swamp, Mistvein Borderpost, Sinkhole, Esper Stormblade
    Same as last times: OTP I play Pup. You play the Post. I Crack it and win. OTD there are actually quite a few lines, but I think they all draw. 4-1
    7. H: Mountain, Ghitu Lavarunner, Forked Bolt, Lightning Bolt
    We trade resources for two draws. 2-2
    8. alphastryk: Khalni Garden, Selesnya Sanctuary, Qasali Pridemage, Selesnya Evangel
    OTP I make Pup, you make Garden and the 0/1. I bolt the 0/1, you make the Sanctuary. I Crack and Pup wins from here. OTD I Bolt the 0/1 and then Crack the Sanctuary for the draw. 4-1
    9. maxx!: Swamp, Rakdos Carnarium, Raven's Crime, Gobhobbler Rats
    EDIT: this plan (I discard Bolt to the Crime. T1 I play Pup, then I Crack the Carnarium as soon as you play it.) doesn't work OTD as maxx! explained - he floats B on turn 2, then plays Carnarium and retraces Crime afterwards. In the line I wanted to play, I would lose Crack and we would draw because maxx! can't attack and if he keeps back the Rats neither can I (regeneration). But I could also just discard both Pup and Crack and Bolt the Rats before he can regenerate. Suddenly all lines draw. 4-1.
    10. silkster: Island, Reef Shaman, Essence Flare, Wind Zendikon
    Essence Flare is interesting. OTP if I start Mountain-go, you play nothing. So I cast Pup. You Flare it, and I Crack the lands away. OTD you can start with Reef Shaman or Zendicon. I Bolt either, and Crack prevents you from getting anything going anyway. I don't see either of us picking up a win here. 2-2
    OTD you start with the Cat. If I Bolt it, you Embalm it. If I Crack, you sac the Cat to Crack. Four threats is too much for this deck still. OTP I play Mountain, go. EOT I'll Bolt what you play and afterwards Crack for the draw. 1-4

Total: 32 points
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-04-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I believe I send a later message changing decks, will double check that now.

Edit - it appears that I did, but will wait for official confirmation.
    You did, but that one was illegal, which I only just caught a second after posting, so I reverted back to your first deck to make sure you have a score.

I won't say what it was openly, so you can adjust it and use it next round.

Thread Information