Page 186 of 332 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

13. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chancellor of the Tangle, Lodestone Golem

I missed that depths was banned too, so I quickly went with my back up plan of: “when in doubt, t1 sphere”. My version instead of dte’s was because I suspected a lot more t1 burglar rat stuff.

1. Asthereal (TO): Sandstone Needle, City of Traitors, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Goblin Settler
    6-0. T1 Sphere.

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Goblin Lackey, Morophon, the Boundless, Karona, False God
    3-3 Can’t block lackey OTD.

3. jhhdk: Taiga, Orcish Lumberjack, Ramunap Excavator, Titania, Protector of Argoth
    6-0. OTD You can cast Ramunap but not Titania through lodestone with the help of lumber jack. 5/3 races 2/3 & 1/1.

4. Wrath of Pie: Hickory Woodlot, Ruins of Trokair, Mayor of Avabruck, Windborn Muse
    6-0. You can’t cast muse, and you need to wait until t3 to cast mayor. Which means I win the race.

5. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grasping Dunes, Dwarven Hold, Ogre Arsonist
    6-0. I kill you if you try to turbo out arsonist, and using dunes slows you down more than it slows down me.

6. H: Inkmoth Nexus, Cathedral of War, Quicksand, Maze of Ith
    6-0. Maze does nothing. T5 (6 if you desert) kill >t7 kill

7. maxx!: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hunted Horror, Fourth Bridge Prowler
    6-0. You can’t cast horror. I race prowler.

8. FTW: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Maze of Ith, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Murderous Rider
    6-0. Maze does nothing, you can’t cast either half of rider, and I can pay for tabernacle.

9. dte: city of traitors, simian spirit guide, simian spirit guide, barbed shocker
    3-3. Basically the mirror. Seems like your hedging against lands and artifacts was better than hedging against t1 untargeted discard.

10. Tylert: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian dreadnought
    0-6 see below.

11. Serguei: City of Traitors, Simian spirit guide, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Eldrazi Mimic
    0-6. Dreadnought being an artifact means you can combo off through the sphere with a turn delay.

12. silkster: Swamp, Ruthless Sniper, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Bazaar of Baghdad
    3-3. OTD you'll kill my dude before I can kill you.

Checking my math: 17 W 0D 7L for 51
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 02-04-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Mimic is not an artefact, that should be 3-3.
    Also 24+6=30 ;)
    He can pay for Mimic with SSG, then play Dreadnought a turn later.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    He can pay for Mimic with SSG, then play Dreadnought a turn later.
    Indeed, and that's one turn faster than golem.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    4. Wrath of Pie: Hickory Woodlot, Ruins of Trokair, Mayor of Avabruck, Windborn Muse

8. FTW: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Maze of Ith, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Murderous Rider LL - I wonder how many points Maze of Ith will cost you for being a blank this round. Murderous Rider is brilliant though.
    Losing Maze hurts a lot but Rider+Tabernacle is still enough to stop you.
    Tabernacle means you can't cast both Muse and Mayor because you would have 0 lands left.
    If you have to pick one, you're better to play Mayor and use Ruins + Woodlot-Swamp to pay the upkeep for Mayor and 1 token.

Can I Swift End both in time?

Wrath OTP
    W - Woodlot
    F - Tabernacle

W - Mayor. Ruins tapped.
    F - Maze

W - Pay upkeep with Ruins. Mayor flips into 3/3. Attack for 3. Make 3/3 wolf. [F=17]
    F - Urborg. Pass

W - Pay upkeeps with Ruins + Woodlot-Swamp. Attack with Mayor + token. I Swift End Mayor and take 3. [F=12]
    F - Cast Rider

W - Pay upkeep with Ruins. Attack with token. [F=9]
    F - Let Rider die. Draw Swift End and pass.

W - Wait for you to pay the upkeep, then I Swift End the token. [F=7]
    F - Cast Rider

W - If you play Windborn Muse, you have to sacrifice both lands and lose to Tabernacle.
    I could also let Rider die and Swift End again.

I win this 6-0

1. Asthereal (TO): Sandstone Needle, City of Traitors, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Goblin Settler WL
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Goblin Lackey, Morophon, the Boundless, Karona, False God LL See below
    3. jhhdk: Taiga, Orcish Lumberjack, Ramunap Excavator, Titania, Protector of Argoth <--- ME
    4. Wrath of Pie: Hickory Woodlot, Ruins of Trokair, Mayor of Avabruck, Windborn Muse WW, I can pay for muse
    5. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grasping Dunes, Dwarven Hold, Ogre Arsonist LL Can't play Titania, Can't kill before Arsonist takes land and dudes die.
    6. H: Inkmoth Nexus, Cathedral of War, Quicksand, Maze of Ith WW, Looks like I am fast enough even on draw.
    7. maxx!: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hunted Horror, Fourth Bridge Prowler LL, Can't keep my dudes alive after Prowler kills my Lumberjack
    8. FTW: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Maze of Ith, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Murderous Rider LL, Tabernacle prevents me from playing Titiana, Swift End kills kill my Excavator, Lumberjack loses race.
    9. dte: city of traitors, simian spirit guide, simian spirit guide, barbed shockerLL, I get shocked,
    10. Tylert: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian dreadnaught LL Duh!
    11. Serguei: City of Traitors, Simian spirit guide, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Eldrazi Mimic LL, Duh!
    12. silkster: Swamp, Ruthless Sniper, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Bazaar of Baghdad LL, You snipe Lumberjack before I play Titania, Then snipe Excavator and ride sniper to Victory.
    13. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chancellor of the Tangle, Lodestone Golem LL, Golem prevents Titania and wins race

Vs. GoblinSmasher
    OTP
    J: Taiga, Lumberjack
    G: Mountain, Lackey
    J: Sac Taiga, Excavator, Return Taiga
    G: Attack lackey, play Morophon, Karona 19/20
    J: Play Titania, Return Taiga, Attack Excavator, Karona, 19/12
    G: Attack Morophon(6+3/6+3), Lackey(1+3+1/1+3+1), Karona (5/5) 0/12 Missed the +1/+1 from Morophon when i first looked at this :-(
    J: Attack Lumberjack(1+3/1+3), Excavator (2/3), Titania (5/3), Token (5/3), Karona (5/5) 0/-9

OTD
    Not even close.
    0-6
    Last edited by jhhdk; 02-03-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I didn't spend a ton of time thinking this round through, so I basically came up with a poison deck, the tweaked it to beat Tabernacle, then decided to play a Tabernacle deck that beat my poison deck, and chose the larger but slightly slower land destroying creature over Goblin Settler. Clearly my approach was not so good.

1. Asthereal (TO): Sandstone Needle, City of Traitors, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Goblin Settler
    I get crushed by the Heavyweights. LL

0-6

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Goblin Lackey, Morophon, the Boundless, Karona, False God
    You Lackey out Morophon, then choose to keep Morophon from Tabernacle. Karona is a false god and does nothing. Morophon kills me on your turn 6 if I did my math right. The fastest I can play my Ogre is on my turn 6, so I should be able, to win OTP via Tabernacle but lose the race OTD. WL

3-3

3. jhhdk: Taiga, Orcish Lumberjack, Ramunap Excavator, Titania, Protector of Argoth
    You can play Lumberjack, then pay for it and use it to play Excavator and replay your land. After that, you can only keep both creatures if you use Lumberjack every turn to do so, which taps it and makes it not do anything. So, this comes down to me racing your 2/3, but my Ogre blows up your land on my Turn 6 which should always do enough. WW

6-0

I think your only way through a Tabernacle is to use Woodlot to play Mayor and use Ruins to pay the tax for him afterwards. He will turn into a 3/3 but not get to keep any tokens, which is too slow and the Ogre blows up your Ruins. WW

6-0

5. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grasping Dunes, Dwarven Hold, Ogre Arsonist
    This is me

A poison deck I'm setup to beat with Grasping Dunes. EDIT: Except Dunes is sorcery speed and you play Inkmoth. You win on your turn 7, and I can Ogre Inkmoth on my turn 6, so this should still be WW.

6-0

7. maxx!: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hunted Horror, Fourth Bridge Prowler
    Hunted Horror + Tabernacle is pretty good tech, wish I'd thought of that. The Horror survives both Tabernacles, and I can't remove Urborg until my turn 5 which is too slow. LL

0-6

8. FTW: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Maze of Ith, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Murderous Rider
    If you play our your Urborg, I can win by blowing it up with my Ogre. If you sit on Urborg forever, you can force a draw however, as if I ever play my Ogre you can remove it and have a threat afterwards. DD

2-2

9. dte: city of traitors, simian spirit guide, simian spirit guide, barbed shocker
    How could I forget about this guy! Get shocked. LL

0-6

10. Tylert: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian dreadnought
    This is a faster kill than the poison decks I could come up with and beats Tabernacle. LL

0-6

11. Serguei: City of Traitors, Simian spirit guide, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Eldrazi Mimic
    This is a faster kill than the poison decks I could come up with and beats Tabernacle. LL

0-6

12. silkster: Swamp, Ruthless Sniper, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Bazaar of Baghdad
    This is a cool removal plan - I didn't realize Bazaar was not banned, as it is in real Legacy. EDIT 4: It turns out if anyone is proactive here, they lose. DD

2-2

13. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chancellor of the Tangle, Lodestone Golem
    This is definitely something I should have thought of. Golem kills me before I can make an Ogre. LL

0-6

Total: 25 points
    Last edited by alphastryk; 02-04-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    A poison deck I'm setup to beat with Grasping Dunes. WW

6-0
    Dunes is only Sorcery-speed so it will never get the Inkmoth, but I don't think it matters much since Arsonist likely comes down fast enough.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

GoblinBerserkMaster Results for Round Berserk

Goblins smash! 6-0

That's me, smashing with Goblins!

Goblins smash! 6-0

Goblins smash, then blow away in wind 3-3

Goblin smash, then burned 3-3

Goblin falls in Quicksand 0-6

Goblin falls under the bridge 0-6

Goblins murdered 0-6

Barber smash :( 0-6

Goblin smash, then Dreadnought smash 3-3

Goblin smash, then Dreadnought smash 3-3

Goblin smash, then sniped 3-3

Goblin smash, then Golem 3-3

Total: 30 points

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    This is a cool removal plan - I didn't realize Bazaar was not banned, as it is in real Legacy. I should be able to blow up your Swamp with my Ogre if you ever play it though, and your Sniper is too slow to race. WW

6-0
    If you blow up swamp, kozilek and bazaar rebuy it in 2 turns, fast enough to eat ogres.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Mimic is not an artifact, but I can play Mimic T1 with guide, then dreadnaught T2 to win T4. Lodestone kills me T5 only.

Lackey beats a little bit more than I planned.

It is not cool to try to add 2 points to my total...

All of this is fixed.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Dunes is only Sorcery-speed so it will never get the Inkmoth, but I don't think it matters much since Arsonist likely comes down fast enough.
    I knew I should have reread Dunes. The earliest I can make the Ogre is my turn 6, Inkmoth kills on H's turn 7, so this should still be WW 6-0 but will update my logic.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    If you blow up swamp, kozilek and bazaar rebuy it in 2 turns, fast enough to eat ogres.
    I guess Bazaar Kozilek does loop Swamp + Sniper after 2 turns which is enough as the Ogre is not a quick kill so this should be LL 0-6. Will update.

1. Asthereal (TO): Sandstone Needle, City of Traitors, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Goblin Settler LL
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Goblin Lackey, Morophon, the Boundless, Karona, False God WL
    3. jhhdk: Taiga, Orcish Lumberjack, Ramunap Excavator, Titania, Protector of Argoth WW (updated)
    4. Wrath of Pie: Hickory Woodlot, Ruins of Trokair, Mayor of Avabruck, Windborn Muse WW
    5. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grasping Dunes, Dwarven Hold, Ogre Arsonist LL
    I did this without thinking too carefully, but after closer consideration, I still think you win. You wait until turn 15 to cast Arsonist killing the Bazaar with ~10 counters on the Hold. You then Dunes my 1/2 into an 0/1, and you can pay for the Arsonist long enough to win.

I don't play my Bazaar! You shrink the Sniper to an 0/1. I have to play Bazaar to rebuy Sniper, but it's not faster enough, so it's a losing line that I don't take. DD

6. H: Inkmoth Nexus, Cathedral of War, Quicksand, Maze of Ith WW
    Maze of Ith is an oops because combat damage to players can't be prevented.

7. maxx!: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hunted Horror, Fourth Bridge Prowler LL
    8. FTW: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Maze of Ith, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Murderous Rider WW
    I did not know that Murderous Rider was its own loop. I've never cast that card or seen one in person. :(

9. dte: city of traitors, simian spirit guide, simian spirit guide, barbed shocker WW
    When I found this deck, I was like "damn, ain't nothin' gonna be that except a pile of red Chancellors". Unfortunately, I metagamed too hard against this deck.

10. Tylert: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian dreadnought LL
    A turn 3 kill! The fastest that I could find was turn 4. Nice.

11. Serguei: City of Traitors, Simian spirit guide, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Eldrazi Mimic LL
    13. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chancellor of the Tangle, Lodestone Golem WL

32 points = 2.67 round points. I really thought people would go heavier on the interaction. I also didn't think so many people would play 1/1s that I needed to kill on turn 1. I think my last minute switch away from Fumespitter was a net negative. I should have played a more aggressive deck.

You know, after I found Barbed Shocker this round, I almost submitted it along with a note saying:
    Barbed Shocker is the obvious best deck that everyone will play, so me-from-the-start-of-Season-7 would have submitted 3 red Chancellors to beat it because everyone will be playing Barbed Shocker. But I've learned, so now I'll just submit the Barbed Shocker itself."

Then I found a whole bunch of other decks that beat it and I moved away from it. Stupid me overthinking again. I really had no idea what the meta would look like. In my list of 20 or 30 cards to consider, the only ones that got played were Barbed Shocker, Goblin Lackey, and Fourth Bridge Prowler (plus City of Traitors and free mana creatures).

One of my frontrunners for deck choice would have gone 16W, 5D, 3L (modulo errors, of which I've already found 2). This round is interesting and I want to play more of it.
    Last edited by silkster; 02-03-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    5. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grasping Dunes, Dwarven Hold, Ogre Arsonist LL
    I did this without thinking too carefully, but after closer consideration, I still think you win. You wait until turn 15 to cast Arsonist killing the Bazaar with ~10 counters on the Hold. You then Dunes my 1/2 into an 0/1, and you can pay for the Arsonist long enough to win.
    This makes a lot more sense than the things I was trying to do. Will update again.

I have this as LL for me. What am I missing?
    OTP:
    S: Swamp, Sniper
    J: Excavator
    S: Snipe, Lumberjack
    J: Attack 2/3
    S: Snipe Excavator
    J: Attack 1/2

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

6. H: Inkmoth Nexus, Cathedral of War, Quicksand, Maze of Ith WW
    Maze of Ith is an oops because combat damage to players can't be prevented.
    Yeah, Maze is a blank card, but Quicksand still kills Sniper since if you play it, as it has to attack the next turn and I am not forced to activate Inkmoth so you wouldn't ever get a target, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I have this as LL for me. What am I missing?
    OTP:
    S: Swamp, Sniper
    J: Excavator
    S: Snipe, Lumberjack
    J: Attack 2/3
    J: Attack 1/2
    Nothing. My pessimistic thoughts told me that once Excavator was down, it was too late to do anything. Thanks! Updated now.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, Maze is a blank card, but Quicksand still kills Sniper since if you play it, as it has to attack the next turn and I am not forced to activate Inkmoth so you wouldn't ever get a target, I think.
    You can kill the Sniper and I can shuffle it back in. You get 3 attacks in, but not enough to win. I think.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Guys, please note that we have to attack every turn with our sad dudes. (EDIT: The rules also say they can't block.) That's in the rules for the round that most of us never read properly in the first place, I fear.

Asthereal's scores for round hey cool the new Steven Wilson album is out!

That's me. I forgot about many things, by the looks of what you guys sent in. Let's see how much that hurts.
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Goblin Lackey, Morophon, the Boundless, Karona, False God EDIT: Nope, no disagreement.
    EDIT: So I wanted to block your Lackey. That's a good idea. If it works. But the rules say no, so it's not. 0-6
    OTP I can Settler your land before your engine comes online. OTD not so much, so I have to race there, but it doesn't look like I'll get very far. 3-3.
    EDIT: The rules also say we can't block. New math below. Since we can't interact worth a damn, the Heavyweights just race like madmen. 6-0
    I can pay for Nacle, Settler is faster than Arsonist and the Heavyweights don't die to Dunes, so I kill the Hold with the Settler and the big boys win it. 6-0
    Settler kills the Nexus and Heavyweights win it. 6-0
    Heavyweights are bigger. :) 6-0
    The Settler lands fast enough to blow up a land before your Murderous Rider can start to do nasty things. I can pay for Nacle and Maze doesn't work very well, so the Heavyweights should finish the job nicely. If you wait and do nothing until I make the Heavyweights, I'll wait and smack face until you Murderous thingy it, then follow up with Settler, taking out a land and winning with the 1/1. Well spotted on that line. I missed it. 6-0
    Yeah, I forgot about that Shocker dude. 0-6
    When you snet me this, I didn't spot the tech. Then Serguei sent the same deck and I spent a minute or two thinking what the heck I was missing. A turn 1 12/12 trample was what I was missing. I can't beat that. :) 0-6
    Need another one. Give me another one! (Actually no, don't do that.) 0-6
    Uh, what's that Bazaar do in this deck exactly? Or did you mean to send something else and got confused? Anyway, Heavyweights should do enough here I think, especially as you can't cast the Sniper before I cast the big dudes, as you'll be forced to attack into them and lose the Sniper. 6-0
    Yeah, I forgot about the Golem as well... 0-6

Total: 39 points

Against Wrath, OTD:
    W: Woodlot
    A: Needle
    W: Ruins, Mayor
    A: City, Settler, killing Ruins
    W: Attack for 1, A=19
    A: Heavyweights, attack for 1, W=19
    W: Attack for 1, A=18
    A: Upkeep: Mayor flips. Attack for 9, W=10
    W: Attack for 3, A=16, make a 3/3
    A: Attack for 9, W=1
    W: Attack for 6, A=8, make a 3/3
    A: Attack for 9, W dies.
    So I win that race.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-04-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

You could also not play bazaar for DD?

9. dte: city of traitors, simian spirit guide, simian spirit guide, barbed shocker WW
    When I found this deck, I was like "damn, ain't nothin' gonna be that except a pile of red Chancellors". Unfortunately, I metagamed too hard against this deck.
    On the draw, you lose on my T10 by drawing Kozilek each turn: you control the shuffle trigger, so the order is the worse for you.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    From here, I keep Settler in hand. If you cast Lackey, I cast Settler afterwards and you'll have to attack into it and we trade.
    3. Berserker: Creatures can't block, creatures attack each turn if able, combat damage cannot be prevented, prevent all non-combat damage to players. Your deck may only contain creature and land cards.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

You can kill the Sniper and I can shuffle it back in. You get 3 attacks in, but not enough to win. I think.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot Kozi shuffled the whole 'yard.

10. Tylert: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian dreadnought LL
    A turn 3 kill! The fastest that I could find was tunr 4. Nice.
    (emphasis added)
    Whenever another colorless creature enters the battlefield under your control,
    you may change Eldrazi Mimic's base power and toughness to that creature's
    power and toughness until end of turn.
    Again am i missing something?
    T: Eldrazi Mimic
    S: Sniper
    T: Dreadnaught, Attack Eldrazi Dreadnaught 20/8
    S: Snipe Mimic
    T: Attack Eldrazi Mimic 20/7
    S: Snipe Mimic

Thread Information