Page 71 of 332 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Round 3 of 4CB Season 4, The Block Tour - part 2, has started. For this round we shall play Scars of Mirrodin block (Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin Besieged, New Phyrexia)![/B]

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 3, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 23rd of October, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night at midnight-ish, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Forest, Swamp, Death-Hood Cobra, Go for the Throat (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S04R03 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

About 24 hours until the deadline, and we're at 3 entries. Tough round again?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    About 24 hours until the deadline, and we're at 3 entries. Tough round again?
    hollidays in france. i'll post something tonight

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    hollidays in france. i'll post something tonight
    No problem. Enjoy the holidays!

In the meantime, two players have sent in decks, so we're at 5 now.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 3 OF THE BLOCK TOUR Part 2 (Scars of Mirrodin block):

1. Asthereal (TO): Inkmoth Nexus, Forest, Ezuri's Archers, Mutagenic Growth
    2. Wrath of Pie: Inkmoth Nexus, Swamp, Despise, Fume Spitter
    3. Unlif3: Inkmoth Nexus, Forest, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Melira, Sylvok Outcast
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Memnite, Memnite, Memnite, Gut Shot
    5. H: Seachrome Coast, Glint Hawk, Memnite, Mental Misstep
    6. FTW: Mountain, Inkmoth Nexus, Gut Shot, Red Sun's Zenith
    7. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, chancellor of the annex, Myr Superion

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round 3:

That's me. Let's hope the Archers do some work. It was by far my most dubious choice.
    OTP I get to cast Archers and they do work! Despise doesn't do anything and Growth compensates for Fume Spitter. I should win this. OTD Despise takes Archers. Growth still compensates for Spitter, but we end up in a staredown. 4-1
    3. Unlif3: Inkmoth Nexus, Forest, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Melira, Sylvok Outcast
    You can only have one Melira, but I think you still win the race. 0-6
    Growth compensates for Gut Shot. Inkmoth attacks while Archer blocks and kills a Memnite per turn. 6-0
    Misstep can counter Archers, but I'll keep Nexus + Growth back for defence. So you keep Misstep for countering Growth. Archers can block and kill Hawk, so you just don't attack. I can't attack through Hawk so still two draws? 2-2
    Growth compensates for Gut Shot. Zenith is a sorcery and can't kill Inkmoth. I attack with Archers every turn and win the race. 6-0
    7. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, chancellor of the annex, Myr Superion
    EDIT: Gatherer mentions specifically that we can't use Chancellor o/t Tangle mana to cast Superion, so unfortunately, this deck doesn't work. Also, Annex doesn't stop me. 6-0

Total: 24 points.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 10-23-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Sep 2011

I was torn between a 2nd Inkmoth vs Gut Shot. Gut Shot can kill Inkmoth while I'm tapped out, but a 2nd Inkmoth lets me Zenith for 2 or have a backup attacker. The 2nd Inkmoth would have been much better against Asthereal, Unlif3 and H.

1. Asthereal (TO): I RSZ Ezuri for 1 and Gut Shot it. You protect it with Mutagenic Growth. Then you can leave Ezuri on defense and attack me with Inkmoth. RSZ for X=1 can't race, so I have to block and trade with my Inkmoth, then your Ezuri kills me. LL 0-6
    2. Wrath of Pie: Despise does nothing. Gut Shot kills your Inkmoth if you ever animate it. RSZ kills Fume Spitter. Then I can RSZ you 20 times or kill you with Inkmoth. WW 6-0
    3. Unlif3: I think you win this. Melira shuts down my Inkmoth and I can only kill one of them. LL 0-6
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: I RSZ each Memnite then RSZ you 20 more times, dodging Gut Shot. WW 6-0
    5. H: Mental Misstep stops me from answering Glint Hawk. It gets to attack first, so it outraces my Inkmoth. LL 0-6
    7. Tylert: Myr Superion awkwardly stays in your hand. Inkmoth attacks you 10 times. WW 6-0

18 points (6 wins)

Edit: Chancellor sucks
    Last edited by FTW; 10-23-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

DECKS FOR ROUND 3 OF THE BLOCK TOUR Part 2 (Scars of Mirrodin block):

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    1. Asthereal: Myr superion is too big for you and you can't cast archers. 6-0
    2. Wrath of pie: You can't despise my myr superion because of chancellor. It's too big for you. 6-0
    3. Unlif3: You can cast 1 melira, but double block on my myr superion doesn't kill it. 6-0
    4. Goblinsmashmaster: you can block for some turns, but never kill my myr superion. 6-0
    5. H: Memnite is countered by chancellor, you can't cast glint hawk. mental misstep doesn't counter myr superion. 6-0
    6. FTW: Interresting concept. Still doesn't kill myr superion 6-0
    7. Me.

Full round for me :)

I was afraid of people playing chancellor of the annex but apparently no one decided to play chancellors.
    I guess i saw the option thanks to the high number of rounds where i played variations of this with aether vial !! :)
    One thing i liked about the deck is that it is immune to T1 discard thanks to Chancellor of the annex.

Total = 36.

Sep 2011

Total = 36.
    Congrats on the sweep!

Edit: premature congratulations
    Last edited by FTW; 10-23-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by Asthereal; 10-23-2019 at 10:36 AM.

1. Asthereal (TO): Inkmoth Nexus, Forest, Ezuri's Archers, Mutagenic Growth DL
    3. Unlif3: Inkmoth Nexus, Forest, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Melira, Sylvok Outcast LL - I saw something like this coming and knew I was powerless to stop it.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Memnite, Memnite, Memnite, Gut Shot LL
    5. H: Seachrome Coast, Glint Hawk, Memnite, Mental Misstep DD
    6. FTW: Mountain, Inkmoth Nexus, Gut Shot, Red Sun's Zenith LL
    7. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, chancellor of the annex, Myr Superion WW - This sadly does not work.

2w 3d = 9 points

Should have went with Mutagenic Growth over Fume Spitter, had a feeling that was going to be a liability.

Relevant Myr Superion ruling for Tylert:

Mana produced by abilities of creature cards not on the battlefield, such as Chancellor of the Tangle or Elvish Spirit Guide, can’t be used to cast Myr Superion.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

5. H: Mental Misstep stops me from answering Glint Hawk. It gets to attack first, so it outraces my Inkmoth. LL 0-6
    While I don't mind some wins, I think these would actually be draws. You can't win the race, so you'd hold Inkmoth back to block, so if I attack, Hawk gets a -1/-1 counter, which then means you could Red Sun it. Memnite is irrelevant in this case.

I don't think it really matters who is on the play.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    While I don't mind some wins, I think these would actually be draws. You can't win the race, so you'd hold Inkmoth back to block, so if I attack, Hawk gets a -1/-1 counter, which then means you could Red Sun it. Memnite is irrelevant in this case.

I don't think it really matters who is on the play.
    Memnite is irrelevant (I can RSZ it). Unfortunately I can't RSZ Glint Hawk after losing my land in combat.

If I submitted Mountain, Inkmoth Nexus, Inkmoth Nexus, Red Sun's Zenith this round looks a whole lot better for me.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Memnite is irrelevant (I can RSZ it). Unfortunately I can't RSZ Glint Hawk after losing my land in combat.

If I submitted Mountain, Inkmoth Nexus, Inkmoth Nexus, Red Sun's Zenith this round looks a whole lot better for me.
    Seconded. I think your Red Sun's Zenith was a great find. When I saw it, I thought: oh damn, why didn't I think of that!
    But then I saw the My Superion deck and hated myself even more. Unjustifiedly so, as that deck ends up not working.

My whole philosophy for this round was: "don't lose to Annex or Misstep." But the round obviously needed a lot more analysis than that.
    It ended up being one of the more interesting rounds, with a lot of options and viable strategies.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 10-23-2019 at 10:38 AM.

1. Asthereal: Myr superion is too big for you and you can't cast archers. 6-0
    2. Wrath of pie: You can't despise my myr superion because of chancellor. It's too big for you. 6-0
    3. Unlif3: You can cast 1 melira, but double block on my myr superion doesn't kill it. 6-0
    4. Goblinsmashmaster: you can block for some turns, but never kill my myr superion. 6-0
    5. H: Memnite is countered by chancellor, you can't cast glint hawk. mental misstep doesn't counter myr superion. 6-0
    6. FTW: Interresting concept. Still doesn't kill myr superion 6-0
    7. Me.

I was afraid of people playing chancellor of the annex but apparently no one decided to play chancellors.
    I guess i saw the option thanks to the high number of rounds where i played variations of this with aether vial !! :)
    One thing i liked about the deck is that it is immune to T1 discard thanks to Chancellor of the annex.

Total = 36.
    Since Chancellor mana can’t be used to cast Myr Superion, you can never win a game. In fact, I think the clean sweep is sadly in the other direction.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Oh, yeah, retrospectively, I'm an idiot. It made sense in my head for a moment, but yeah, I still suck at abstracting cards with no actual cards...

Right now, I am still a little hazy on my own matches with GoblinSmasher and Unlif3, I need to use my good-brain (that I don't have) to do the math.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Since Chancellor mana can’t be used to cast Myr Superion, you can never win a game. In fact, I think the clean sweep is sadly in the other direction.
    Oh, wow, actually I think you are right.

Chancellor in your hand is a creature card, not a creature.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Wait, what?

We need to check this to be sure. Sending someone from a clean sweep to zero dark thirty isn't something I like to do carelessly.

EDIT:
    Gatherer rulings tell us the following:

6/1/2011
    Myr Superion can be cast only with mana produced by the abilities of one or more creatures on the battlefield (such as Alloy Myr or Priest of Urabrask in this set).

6/1/2011
    Mana produced by abilities of creature cards not on the battlefield, such as Chancellor of the Tangle or Elvish Spirit Guide, can’t be used to cast Myr Superion.

That's pretty clear. Sorry, Tylert. We'll have to change your scores a bit.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

bah :)

@Wrath of pie: Please tell me that you looked at the ruling after seeing my pseudo clean sweep! at least, i'd be the only one to have think about this...

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Wait, what?

We need to check this to be sure. Sending someone from a clean sweep to zero dark thirty isn't something I like to do carelessly.
    It's actually right on the Superior's Gatherer entry.

Thread Information