Page 148 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Yeah Reeplcheep, check your inbox and Sent Messages. It probably sent to yourself. If you just hit Reply to your own message and do not change the recipient, it replies to yourself. The Source is an old forum and not as smart as gmail. A few of us have already been caught with that before. You can get around it by using Forward or just writing a new message to Asthereal.
    vBulletin version 4.2.2 is ancient when the most up to date version is 5.6.3, and version 5 was released in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    That's me, uninspiredly borrowing a deck again.
    2. Reeplcheep: Dimir Aqueduct, Swamp, Shrieking Affliction, Sanitarium Skeleton
    You make a Skeleton and then an Affliction and just sit there. My team can't win here. 0-6
    3. dte: plains, mistveil plains, conjurer's bauble, gather the townsfolk
    Math needed. See below. On the draw you're too fast. On the play I tried to get there but forgot you Gather with the bonus turned on at some point... 0-6
    4. H: Swamp, Fieldmist Borderpost, Blackmail, Porcelain Legionnaire
    OTD you Blackmail me. OTP I make my team and your Legionnaire lands too late to stop the onslaught, as FTW pointed out. 3-3
    5. alphastryk: Chronomaton, Wretched Banquet, Swamp, Fourth Bridge Prowler
    Prowler and Banquet kill dudes and stuff. Chrono stays back for defence and grows EOT until he's 20/20. From there it's a 20/20 vs. 3 1/1 dudes. You're not low enough I think, so that should be two losses. 0-6
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    Gobbos trade rather than smash. 2-2
    7. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Plains, Cabal Therapy, Doomed Traveler
    Yay, I can win one! OTP I make my team and my team beats your double 1/1. OTD you wreck my hand. 3-3
    8. FTW: Swamp, Cabal Therapy, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Thornbow Archer
    OTP I make my team and we draw because your defence is good. OTD you wreck my hand. 1-4
    9. maxx!: Swamp, Cabal Therapy, Shield Sphere, Thornbow Archer
    OTP I make my team and we draw because your defence is good. OTD you wreck my hand. 1-4
    10. Tylert: Plains, Chronomaton, Doomed Traveler, Sunlance
    I guess I lose this too. Looks similar to the other Chrono MU. 0-6
    11. silkster: Plains, Knight of Old Benalia, Storm Crow, Force of Will
    FoW > combo. 0-6
    Total: 10 points

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    H: Swamp, Fieldmist Borderpost, Blackmail, Porcelain Legionnaire

7. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Plains, Cabal Therapy, Doomed Traveler
    I can't beat Therapy. 0-6
    You should draw OTP, by taking either plains or traveler.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    You should draw OTP, by taking either plains or traveler.
    Oh, yeah, good point.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Oh, yeah, good point.
    The same thing should happen vs maxx!
    If you Blackmail either Swamp or Thornbow OTP, it's a draw. That's the result maxx! has down too.

vs me I can hide Swamp and you can't take both my creatures, so I should still win both.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

The same thing should happen vs maxx!
    If you Blackmail either Swamp or Thornbow OTP, it's a draw. That's the result maxx! has down too.

vs me I can hide Swamp and you can't take both my creatures, so I should still win both.
    Yeah, I was being a bit too hasty in assuming how much Therapy really did me in. The answer was still "a lot" but on the Play I still had some options (when there weren't two threats at hand), haha.

Sep 2011

I think you squeeze out another draw against alphastryk too. Your deck is better than you thought!

H: Swamp, Fieldmist Borderpost, Blackmail, Porcelain Legionnaire

5. alphastryk: Chronomaton, Wretched Banquet, Swamp, Fourth Bridge Prowler
    I can't beat both Prowler and Chrono with Blackmail. 0-6
    OTP Blackmail takes Chrono, but then if you do nothing alphastryk can't do anything.
    If he casts Prowler to attack, he can't use it on Legionnaire and Wretched Banquet gets turned off too, so he has to hold back his cards.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I think you squeeze out another draw against alphastryk too. Your deck is better than you thought!

OTP Blackmail takes Chrono, but then if you do nothing alphastryk can't do anything.
    If he casts Prowler to attack, he can't use it on Legionnaire and Wretched Banquet gets turned off too, so he has to hold back his cards.
    Ah, yeah, since Swamp is the card that must be hidden there, or else it is a sure loss.

I was saving FoW for a later round but you let the cat out of the bag. I thought it wasn't good enough compared to other options like Mental Misstep and Cabal Therapy because the 2-for-1 really limits threat options, playing 1 1-drop common vs their 2 cards or their 2-drop.

I expected your deck to lose to the Chronomaton decks, but somehow they both played conditional removal you could beat. You also found a 1-mana 3/3 that we somehow forgot to ban earlier. I think that was your real edge here, not even the Force. Good find!
    I previously thought FoW wasn't good enough yet, but it would have scored 50 in round 1! I know that some of that was supported by the presence of Mental Misstep, which FoW dodges. I figured it would still be good enough here. I had been watching Knight of Old Benalia for a long time. I almost played it several times last season, but the lack of a fourth toughness compared to Ivory Giant seemed to be a real problem in the face of Lightning Bolts. It seemed that creatures have diminished in size and the more popular answers do less damage, like Fourth Bridge Prowler or Festering Goblin type cards. I also think that the presence of discard does somewhat reduce the presence of removal, so it would be down to my dude against your dude. It's a good point: I wouldn't have played Force without a chunky 1-drop. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough. It makes me wonder about the future of Force of Will.

I knew Chronomaton was awkward, but I figured the threat of easy land destruction would keep the robot in check, even if that LD isn't showing up in force.

Just checked, and I didn't get an updated deck from Reep. <...>
    Wrath is right, and it happened once before already. If you reply to your own PM, you'll send the reply to yourself and not to me.
    That was me! It happened to me! In hindsight, I'm a little embarrassed by how upset I was. Maybe we should welcome newcomers with "Welcome to our game! By the way, don't make this mistake..."
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...=1#post1083963
    Last edited by silkster; 10-08-2020 at 04:07 PM.

If you played Sulfur Vent you would do better against Blackmail and Strip Mine, but you wouldn't be able to loop the Skeleton because the first time would sacrifice your Vent.
    The idea would be you could loop the skeleton at least one, which is enough vs discard & removal.

Vs legionaire I forgot about first strike, I will update.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Standings for round 2:
    1. dte: 49 - 4,9
    2. FTW: 46 - 4,6
    3. maxx!: 37 - 3,7
    4. silkster: 35 - 3,5
    5. Tylert: 34 - 3,4
    6. alphastryk: 31 - 3,1
    7. H: 21 - 2,1
    8. Wrath of Pie: 18 - 1,8
    9. Reeplcheep: 17 - 1,7
    10. Asthereal (TO): 10 - 1
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: 10 - 1

Which leads to these bannings:
    Cabal Therapy
    Conjurer's Bauble
    Fourth Bridge Prowler
    Gather the Townsfolk
    Mistveil Plains
    Shield Sphere
    Thornbow Archer

So dte's second win solidifies his lead in the season, with FTW in pursuit.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 3 OF SEASON 8: PEASANT CONTINUED BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 3, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 14th of October, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Terror, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S08R03 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed and I'm missing three regulars. I'll do some work stuff first and give you a few more hours.

EDIT: One to go...
    Last edited by Asthereal; 10-14-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

And we're complete, so let's go!

DECKS FOR ROUND 3 OF SEASON 8: Peasant Continued Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Law-Rune Enforcer, Knight of Old Benalia, Path to Exile
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Firewild Borderpost, Invisible Stalker, Taste for Mayhem
    3. dte: plains, Knight of Old Benalia, Knight of Old Benalia, path to exile
    4. alphastryk: Plains, Knight of Old Benalia, Force of Will, Zealous Guardian
    5. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Fieldmist Borderpost, Tidehollow Sculler, Boot Nipper
    6. H: Swamp, Swamp, Blackmail, Porcelain Legionnaire
    7. maxx!: Forest, Scavenger Folk, Young Wolf, Noxious Revival
    8. silkster: Fountain of Cho, Steadfast Sentinel, Oblivion Ring, Oblivion Ring
    9. FTW: Bojuka Bog, Mountain, Elixir of Immortality, Chain Lightning
    10. Reeplcheep: Forest, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage ,Golgari Rot-Farm ,Arboreal Grazer
    11. Tylert: Plains, Chronomaton, Doomed Traveler, Sunlance

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    We also have a new Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

And we're complete, so let's go!

DECKS FOR ROUND 3 OF SEASON 8: Peasant Continued Bannathon

I did not want to tell you last round that your deck was suboptimal, but you found it out yourself, goodjob :)

Feb 2014

It seems I was not the only one impressed by last round silkster's knight.

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Law-Rune Enforcer, Knight of Old Benalia, Path to Exile
    2-2. A kind of mirror :)

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Island, Firewild Borderpost, Invisible Stalker, Taste for Mayhem
    0-6. Here the Fow variant seems much better... Got smashed fast.

6-0. 2 Knights > 1 Knight.

2-2. Sculler has to take path, and the knights are too slow to race but fast enough to block.

2-2. Blackmail takes path.

6-0.

2-2.

0-6. Great teck versus the knights decks!

10. Reeplcheep: Forest, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage ,Golgari Rot-Farm ,Arboreal Grazer
    6-0. The two damages compared to the "usual" 3 by rack/affliction slows it down a bit.

6-0. Knights > sunlance, PtE > chronomaton

Even the best removal does not seem to be a great pick as an unco, even paired with two good threats.

Sep 2011

I can only assume this means I was less slow than Reeplcheep and Tylert

In Racing mode:
    T1 Elixir/Chain
    T2 Chain/Elixir
    T3 upkeep loop Elixir, gain 5, draw one of them
    T4 draw the other, cast both Chain and Elixir [Net 3 damage and 5 lifegain every 2 turns]
    T5 repeat T3

To beat sorcery speed discard I can activate Elixir EOT instead, a turn slower to draw both but never have any card exposed in hand.

1. Asthereal (TO): Chain Lightning your guys and then you. WW 6-0
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: I can't interact with your guy or race, and with suboptimal lands I can't gain 5 a turn LL 0-6
    3. dte: Chain Lightning your guys and then you. WW 6-0
    4. alphastryk: You Force Elixir and I Chain your Knight. DD 2-2
    5. Wrath of Pie: OTP I play around sorcery discard and loop. OTD Tidehollow exiles Chain and my lifegain is too slow to draw. WL 3-3
    6. H: OTP I play Elixir, but Blackmail takes Bog so I Chain your guy to draw. OTD you Blackmail Elixir or Bog (I hide Mountain) and Chain your guy to draw. DD 2-2
    7. maxx!: I lead with T1 Bog and then alternate between two turns: A - cast Elixir + Chain. B - upkeep activate, draw 1 card. Due to Folk's summoning sickness and activation cost, I can always dodge it. If you cast it before turn A (or between B and A), it dies to Chain. If you cast it between A and B, I activate Elixir before you can use Folk and then Chain gets it the next turn. I ignore Wolf since it deals negligible damage. WW 6-0
    8. silkster: I can't beat O-Ring on Elixir, but I can Chain the Sentinel and then exile it with Bog to draw. DD 2-2
    10. Reeplcheep: I can time Elixir around Davriel, discard Chain to Davriel, then Chain Lightning everything. WW 6-0
    11. Tylert: Chain Lightning your guys and then you. WW 6-0

39 points (11 wins, 6 draw)

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    It seems I was not the only one impressed by last round silkster's knight.
    I was also impressed by Knight and tried to play it, but I couldn't manage better than a bunch of decks that would have all drawn each other, so I took one from your book and went for infinite bolts instead.
    Last edited by FTW; 10-14-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Edit: Wrath, how do I win on the play?
    I never get to exile anything with Sculler, so you get your loop.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Knights of Ni"

Stalker smash! 6-0

That's me!

Stalker smash! 6-0

FoW 0-6

Discard 0-6

Discard 0-6

Stalker smash! 6-0

Stalker slow smash 6-0

Stalker smash! 6-0

Discard Taste & Stalker poke 6-0

Stalker smash! 6-0

Total: 42 points

Thread Information