Page 120 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I think the reason to ban them is that it's not very interesting for every match to go WL from Thoughtseize being dominant. Maybe there's enough counter-play. I haven't though about it thoroughly.

I think there are three tiers of 1B discard:
    Agonizing Remorse, Addle, Lay Bare the Heart
    Mesmeric Fiend
    Brain Maggot and Kitesail Freebooter (only Duress anyway), which are weaker to instant speed removal.

My vote is to ditch them all, but I'm guessing it's probably okay either way.
    If we're going ahead and listing them, I also had Brain Pry, Transgress the Mind and Collective Brutality on my list, although they're pretty weak.

I'm still unconvinced they're ban-worthy though.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 06-18-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Sep 2011

I'm fine with them. I think there are more dangerous cards.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I have made my decision: I won't ban the 1B targeted discard.
    Alphastryk and FTW are right. There's a lot of degenerate stuff, and the discard spells shouldn't be a problem.
    So here we go, final round time. Good luck everybody!

THE FINAL ROUND of SEASON 6: DEVIANT LEGACY has started.

This round we will play Medallion - All spells cost one generic mana less to cast.
    Addition banning: Sensei's Divining Top

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 12, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 24th of June, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Fallen Askari, Terror, Captain's Claws.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S06R12 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 06-22-2020 at 06:12 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Deadline must be June 24th, not that I'd expect anyone to be led astray.

I'm excited to make decks for this crazy discard world. It should be interesting, and I don't think I'll be too early.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline must be June 24th, not that I'd expect anyone to be led astray.
    Indeed it should be. Forgot to change that. I edited the post.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I'm excited to make decks for this crazy discard world. It should be interesting, and I don't think I'll be too early.
    The more I brew for this round, the more crazy it feels (and the more hilariously underpowered the discard feels)

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

THe more I hear you talking of how crazy this round will be, the more I feel like my deck is crappy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    THe more I hear you talking of how crazy this round will be, the more I feel like my deck is crappy :)
    Sometimes it comes full circle. There was one deck that I thought was really good, then some people pointed some things out and my deck looked horrible. Then I remembered some other broken stuff and it was looking okay again. I'm sure one of the decks along the way would be pretty good, but I have no idea which one. Also, there's still time for you to overthink your way out of the best deck!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Sometimes it comes full circle. There was one deck that I thought was really good, then some people pointed some things out and my deck looked horrible. Then I remembered some other broken stuff and it was looking okay again. I'm sure one of the decks along the way would be pretty good, but I have no idea which one. Also, there's still time for you to overthink your way out of the best deck!
    This sounds so much like my process this week! I had a deck I came up with weeks ago for this that I quickly discovered was not all that good, and have been trying to beat each of the other decks I come up with along the way.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I'm just a little too busy this week to do torough research :(
    I wish I had as much time as I had for the blocked round...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and I'm missing one entry. Hurry up!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    The deadline has passed, and I'm missing one entry. Hurry up!
    Sent! Much overthinking between those last 2-3 decks.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Sep 2011

9. FTW: Leyline of Anticipation, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites, Archon of Valor's Reach

1. Asthereal (TO): Turn 0 Archon on artifacts. WW 6-0
    2. Wrath of Pie: Turn 0 Archon on artifacts. WW 6-0
    3. Tylert: Turn 0 Archon on artifacts. WW 6-0
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Turn 0 Archon on Instant. WW 6-0
    5. Moosedog: I can beat Karakas but not Leyline. LL 0-6
    6. alphastryk: I can beat Bridge but not Leyline. LL 0-6
    7. H: Turn 0 Archon on artifacts. WW 6-0
    8. silkster: Turn 0 Archon, then get wrekt by Tabernacle and Maze until Gorge kills me 100 turns later. LL 0-6

30 points (10 wins, 6 losses)

The hate deck I was torn over was:
    City of Traitors, Trinisphere, Chronomaton, Noxious Revival (Noxious stops Unburial and discard/removal)
    3sphere breaks the rules in half, but I figured it would just 3-3 most decks and that would be boring (looks like 24 pts)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for the final round:

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    That's me, thinking I'd be clever and not use the Medallion effect too much. Let's do some counting.
    2. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    A mirror. Apparently I wasn't that clever. My dudes grow bigger, but the Hangarback makes many 1/1s that will probably win it for you? 0-6
    3. Tylert: City of traitors, Thorn of amethyst, Chronomaton, Steel overseer
    Another mirror... Both my dudes get bigger than one of yours, so I'm guessing I win this one? 6-0
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Desperate Ritual, Collective Defiance, Hangarback Walker
    That defiance looks rough. OTP I have Sphere though and you can't cast anything. 3-3
    5. Moosedog: Karakas, Thalia, guardian of thraben, Leyline of sanctity, Leyline of the void
    An anti-deck! Which loses to a regular deck but beats a degenerate deck, except for the one I had in mind, but nobody played so it doesn't matter. Anyway, my dudes are big. 6-0
    6. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, City of Traitors, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    That's quite anti as well. OTP my Sphere stops you from casting Bridge and I win it. OTD you make a Bridge and my dudes don't attack. Tongs can be cast through my Sphere so you take that one. 3-3
    7. H: Thorn of Amethyst, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer, City of Traitors
    I'm assuming we draw this? 2-2
    8. silkster: Shivan Gorge, Mercadian Bazaar, Maze of Ith, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    Okay, you win this round. You probably lose on paper, but the 81 turn clock is by far the slowest clock I've ever seen in my entire time playing 4CB. Anyway, I can pay Tabernacle tax for both my guys and you have only one Maze against my two guys, so I think I win this. I really hope you pick up a few points though. 81 turn clock, wth! 6-0
    9. FTW: Leyline of Anticipation, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites, Archon of Valor's Reach
    I kinda forgot that Medallion effects also work on flashback. My LoA deck had Sphere of Resistance, and lost to decks that don't actually need the Medallion effect. It would have beaten this, but since I'm not playing that deck, and since Creature isn't something you can name with that bloody Archon, but Artifact is, I reckon I can safely chalk up a zero here. Well spotted, that Archon dude. 0-6

Total: 26 points

Sep 2011

I kinda forgot that Medallion effects also work on flashback. My LoA deck had Sphere of Resistance, and lost to decks that don't actually need the Medallion effect. It would have beaten this, but since I'm not playing that deck, and since Creature isn't something you can name with that bloody Archon, but Artifact is, I reckon I can safely chalk up a zero here. Well spotted, that Archon dude.
    What was your LoA deck?
    By my counting all the LoA prison decks should draw with each other. Whoever plays a spell first, the other player can play everything in response.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    What was your LoA deck?
    By my counting all the LoA prison decks should draw with each other. Whoever plays a spell first, the other player can play everything in response.
    This is what I had in mind: Leyline of Anticipation, Chancellor of the Forge, Chrome Mox, Sphere of Resistance
    So a terrible wincon, but at least I don't have to cast it. Also, this just loses to anything that doesn't need the Medallion effect to function, which is the main reason why I didn't play it.

Sep 2011

Yeah, you can play chicken with Sphere because you already have the 1/1 token. That breaks the stalemate from other LoA mirrors!

The Chancellor deck I had was Foil, Island, Chancellor of the Forge, Dismember. It stops the degenerate decks and plays around Sphere, but loses hard to all the double Overseer decks.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

I didn’t have time to think through all the busted ways to abuse this medallion so I just assumed there would be some infinite storm direct damage route I didn’t think of. Sanctity turned out to be a real dud. This was a fun round though.

1.Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    2 Guys both bigger than thaila . 0-6

2. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    2 Guys both bigger than thaila. 0-6

2 Guys both bigger than thaila. 0-6 (I’m noticing a theme in my matchups, ha).

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Desperate Ritual, Collective Defiance, Hangarback Walker
    Bigger than thaila. 0-6

5. Moosedog: Karakas, Thalia, guardian of thraben, Leyline of sanctity, Leyline of the void
    ME.

6. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, City of Traitors, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    I win on the play and we draw? 3-2

2 Guys both bigger than thaila. 0-6

8. silkster: Shivan Gorge, Mercadian Bazaar, Maze of Ith, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    Shivan gorge does not target? How could you have known, ha? 0-6.

Leyline of Void doing work. 6-0. Nice list though!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I appear to have metagamed aggressively against decks that saw little play. I thought the meta would be bound by Reanimator, Storm, and Turbo Sphere (either Golem or Thalia).

The deck I had sitting for weeks was storm, but I couldn't beat a Sphere on the draw, a Leyline of the Void, or Force of Negation. I then found Reanimator, and determined I had to not lose to either of those incredibly powerful decks. After that, basically all my decks were 3 card blind + Leyline of the Void. I didn't find a way to break the Leyline of Anticipation stalemate and decided to avoid daws there.

Storm:
    Conjurer’s Bauble, Conjurer’s Bauble, Mountain, Grapeshot

Reanimator:
    Leyline of Anticipation, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites, Archon of Valor’s Reach

Turbo Golem:
    Leyline of Anticipation, Lotus Petal, Grim Monolith, Lodestone Golem

Given all the fair decks, it turns out I probably should have stuck with my original submission (Leyline of the Void, Plateau, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Lava Dart). Anyways, on to scoring:

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    OTP: I jam a bridge and your dudes can never battle, tongs take it home. W
    OTD: You jam a sphere and kill me with dudes before I tongs does much. L

3-3

3-3

OTD: You jam a sphere ad kill me with dudes before I tongs does much. L

3-3

Collective Defiance is really sweet tech.

OTP:I jam bridge and you can never attack, but I lose my Tongs to Collective Defiance. D
    OTD: I lose my hand to Collective Defiance, then do nothing. L

1-4

Oh hey! This was one of my decks along the way.
    OTP: I jam bridge and your Thalia can never attack, Thalia doesn't slow down the Tongs and I take it. W
    OTD: Thalia prevent Bridge and races Tongs. L

3-3

This is me.

3-3

This deck is a really cool angle to attack the format from. Unfortunately, it doesn't interact much with me. Both OTP and OTD I jam Tongs which takes it home. WW

6-0

Here's a deck I expected to see! Leyline does all the work here. WW

6-0

Total: 28 points

Thread Information