Page 176 of 332 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    For Backbuild, does the deck have to WW 6-0 against the Canadian deck even if Canadians choose to do nothing?

Is this a Backbuild where we swap decks? Or do we keep our decks and play optimally but only score points if we lose? What are the points if we draw?
    You have to win. if the canadians can draw by playing nothing (but cannot win by doing anything else) they will draw and therefore your deck is illegal.
    No swapping. Against other players, you have to play optimally to win but will get point reverse. 0 for a Win, 1 for a draw 3 for a loss.

IS KALDHEIM LEGAL?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    You have to win. if the canadians can draw by playing nothing (but cannot win by doing anything else) they will draw and therefore your deck is illegal.
    No swapping. Against other players, you have to play optimally to win but will get point reverse. 0 for a Win, 1 for a draw 3 for a loss.

IS KALDHEIM LEGAL?
    I responded to this already, but you may have missed it. Kaldheim is legal when it officially launches. So on february 5th, according to the MtG wiki.

About the backbuild: it comes down to the same thing. You always play to win, you just get the reverse score, so the score your opponent would get.
    So whether you swap decks and play to win, or you play your own deck and still play to win even tough you don't want to, you get the same result.
    The Canadians play just as optimally to win. If they get a better result by playing nothing, they will play nothing. If they get a better result by not attacking, they stay back.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I responded to this already, but you may have missed it. Kaldheim is legal when it officially launches. So on february 5th, according to the MtG wiki.

About the backbuild: it comes down to the same thing. You always play to win, you just get the reverse score, so the score your opponent would get.
    So whether you swap decks and play to win, or you play your own deck and still play to win even tough you don't want to, you get the same result.
    The Canadians play just as optimally to win. If they get a better result by playing nothing, they will play nothing. If they get a better result by not attacking, they stay back.
    Sorry about that. I checked but never saw it...

Canadians are so nice that they will do nothing to prove a point. I respect that.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Canadians are so nice that they will do nothing to prove a point. I respect that.
    Nice.

@Tylert: That's cool. Now you know.

When are we ready for submissions?
    EDIT: Duh! Reading is difficult sometimes.
    Last edited by jhhdk; 01-19-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    When are we ready for submissions?
    You can (should?) already submit today:

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 1, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 20th of January at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I am going to have a lot of fun finding the worst possible land for my deck.
    Should there be an award for the worst card played which has relevant text? I think there will be some truly terrible things this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Should there be an award for the worst card played which has relevant text? I think there will be some truly terrible things this round.
    We still need to win vs 2 2/2 unfortunately. I'm playing cards with a lot of irrelevant text for the fun but you cannot just go Ham. I found some decks that needed only 3 cards and could have played Emrakul or One with nothing, but in the end there were better 3 cards + land decks.

But I think one of my decks had one of the worst card ever made that was usefull :) No spoiler yet.

Feb 2014

I submitted a deck with the creature I have most played in legacy :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and it looks like I'm only missing silkster's entry. I'll give you a bit more time. A little bit, mind you!

Sep 2011

But I think one of my decks had one of the worst card ever made that was usefull :) No spoiler yet.
    I had that deck too! But I found it was actually TOO strong and didn't want to win too many matches.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I have to say I'm excited to see just how bad these decks are and what unplayable cards we've found to use.

I feel very good about how bad my deck is, but I did it in the most boring way possible.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I feel very good about how bad my deck is, but I did it in the most boring way possible.
    That's cool. I guess I'm winning (loosing) against you :)

Anyone else is feeling next round is going to be boring compared to this one? :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I feel very good that my deck is *incredibly* slow to win if nothing else

Sep 2011

Anyone else is feeling next round is going to be boring compared to this one? :)
    Yeah. Now that I've discovered this format, I had a lot of other fun backbuild ideas to try out.

Dream Halls is just going to be a guessing game of what % players will split Rock vs Paper vs Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I feel very good that my deck is *incredibly* slow to win if nothing else
    I think I had a variant on this one.

I'd be really interested to see what decks everyone cooked up that they didn't send in, unless you all think that'd be spilling tech that could be useful later. Personally I feel like most of my decks are specific enough to this exact round that it wouldn't hurt to share.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post

I'd be really interested to see what decks everyone cooked up that they didn't send in, unless you all think that'd be spilling tech that could be useful later. Personally I feel like most of my decks are specific enough to this exact round that it wouldn't hurt to share.
    I'll be happy to read them and share too, one thing I was a bit sad about is that non submitted decks will never be used.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post

I'll share after the round :)

Thread Information