Page 164 of 332 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Feb 2014

Re: 4 Card Blind

I thought of a new line for A: not casting wolverine until after attacking for lethal with a 7/7 chronomaton.

T1: c, fac
    T2: nothing, land, MF>Devil, EoT c2
    T3: nothing, DT, EoT c3
    T4: nothing, DT1, EoT c4
    T5: nothing, DT2, EoT c5
    T6: nothing, DT3, EoT c6
    T7: nothing, DT4, EoT c7
    T8: c attacks (d13), token (DT1), DT2, d attacks for 5 (A15)
    T9: c attacks (d6), DT3, d attacks for 5 (A10)
    T10: c attacks, d creates a token and chump (DT0), A plays wolverine after combat. DT1, Wolverine prevents attacks from d.
    T11: c attacks (with or without wolverine, it changes nothing), old token blocks c and kills wolverine. DT2, d have to keep DT for blocks (A7).
    T12: c attacks, DT blocks ==> A wins from there.

So this would work for A OTP, and d would lose ==> 3-3.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I thought of a new line for A: not casting wolverine until after attacking for lethal with a 7/7 chronomaton.

T1: c, fac
    T2: nothing, land, MF>Devil, EoT c2
    T3: nothing, DT, EoT c3
    T4: nothing, DT1, EoT c4
    T5: nothing, DT2, EoT c5
    T6: nothing, DT3, EoT c6
    T7: nothing, DT4, EoT c7
    T8: c attacks (d13), token (DT1), DT2, d attacks for 5 (A15)
    T9: c attacks (d6), DT3, d attacks for 5 (A10)
    T10: c attacks, d creates a token and chump (DT0), A plays wolverine after combat. DT1, Wolverine prevents attacks from d.
    T11: c attacks (with or without wolverine, it changes nothing), old token blocks c and kills wolverine. DT2, d have to keep DT for blocks (A7).
    T12: c attacks, DT blocks ==> A wins from there.

So this would work for A OTP, and d would lose ==> 3-3.
    I've been trying some other lines, but I don't see anything better than this. Casting the Wolverine only when I start to attack with Chrono seems like the most sensible way to use my mana, and the fastest way for me to do damage is to grow Chrono as fast as possible so I can attack as fast as possible. And as long as I keep my big Chrono back, you can't attack profitably, so there's not much you can do in that phase. I guess it indeed ends up 3-3.

I'll see if I can get standings for this round up, so I can start the next round this weekend still.

EDIT: Can't post standings yet as Alphastryk, H and Tylert haven't posted results yet, and I think there's still a disagreement between Reep and dte.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

What's going on, guys?
    No submissions from FTW and Gobbo, and then multiple people not posting scores.
    Is there a holiday keeping some from posting on this forum? Are there technical issues?
    Or is it something worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    What's going on, guys?
    Is there a holiday keeping some from posting on this forum? Are there technical issues?
    It's American Thanksgiving weekend.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    It's American Thanksgiving weekend.
    I always thought that was just one day, but by the looks of it, a lot of us are busy all week.
    Shall we skip a week, to give everybody some extra time to post scores and build a deck?

I always thought that was just one day, but by the looks of it, a lot of us are busy all week.
    Shall we skip a week, to give everybody some extra time to post scores and build a deck?
    It used to be effectively a day, until businesses decided it was a good opportunity to have sales afterwards. (Most workplaces only give the day proper off, so there is that to consider as well.)

We could do that.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Yeah, sorry, just been really busy. I can try to get my analysis done later today, but it might slip to tomorrow honestly.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Sorry for the delays, totally slipped my mind with the holiday last week and a schedule that was so different from normal. Calculating results now.

It seems like my plan to beat Channel and Vial didn't work out so well when nobody played them at all :(

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Chronomaton, Forge Devil, Karplusan Wolverine
    Cratermaker trades with Chronomaton, butForge Devil always gets a chance to kill my Fireslinger, and I can't sit on it or I die to the Wolverine. LL

0-6

2. dte: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathspore Thallid, mesmeric fiend
    OTP: I can get Fireslinger in play before you cast Field, and it mops up ever creature you have except Factory, allowing me to have Cratermaker + Fireslinger vs Factory which is enough. W
    OTD: You land Mesmeric Fiend before I can land Fireslinger, forcing me to play Cratermaker and use it to kill the Fiend and free Fireslinger. After I get Fireslinger freed, it takes care of the non-Factory threats again but I don't have the extra threat, so the best I can do is leave back Fireslinger to Block+Ping for the trade, meaning you can't attack. D

4-1

3. Reeplcheep: Island, Chronomaton, Mistblade Shinobi, Wingcrafter
    OTP: I'm able to play Fireslinger on my turn 2 as a blocker, which also threatens to ping the team away if you don't force me into the trade by attacking (if I play Cratermaker instead, you can play Chrono and Soulbond your way past the blocker after which I lose to the Ninja bouncing my threat forever). We trade, then Cratermaker trades with Chrono and Shniobi rots in your hand. D
    OTD: I'm not able to have a fast blocker and lose to the Shinobi bouncing constantly. L

1-4

4. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Blossoming Sands, Tidehollow Sculler, Putrid Leech
    I cannot defeat 2 blank textbox 2/2s it seems, and your 2/2s are much better than blank textboxes. LL

0-6

5. alphastryk: Mountain, Mountain, Fireslinger, Goblin Cratermaker
    This is me

6. H: Island, Mishra's Factory, Faerie Duelist, Force Spike
    Force Spike always can counter one of my creatures, and I can't beat Duelist and Factory with either one of them. LL

0-6

7. maxx!: Mishra’s Factory, Mountain, Bladeback Sliver, Cleansing Wildfire
    OTP: EDIT: No matter which 1 creature I get down before losing my land, it doesn't beat 2 2/2s. L
    OTD: I lose my 2nd land before doing anything. L

0-6

8. silkster: Plains, Duergar Assailant, Brass Man, Swords to Plowshares
    StP always removes one of my creatures, leaving me unable to defeat your second threat. LL

0-6

9. Tylert: Swamp, Chronomaton, Wretched banquet, Unearth
    Banquet always kills my Fireslinger, and Unearth beats trading my Cratermaker for Chrono. LL

0-6

10. jhhdk: Tinder Farm, Boros Garrison, Village Ironsmith, Tormented Pariah
    You first plat a threat (Ironsmith) on your turn 3, which means I'm always able to get Fireslinger down first to kill it. Later, Cratermaker trades for Pariah before it flips, leaving the board as just Fireslinger. WW

6-0

Total: 11 points. Ouch.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 11-30-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Sep 2011

What's going on, guys?
    Sorry everyone. Between Thanksgiving weekend and Black Friday sales I took the week off work, haven't been online in a while, and forgot about last week. I'll be back for this week.

Scores and math look good.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

What's going on, guys?
    Internet was broken.
    I'll post an analysis tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    OTP: I'm able to play Fireslinger before you blow up my second land, which is enough to force the draw. D
    OTD: I lose my 2nd land before doing anything. L

1-4
    I don't think Fireslinger is enough. If we just trade pings to the face, my pinger races yours because you keep taking damage from Fireslinger. And you can't attack me instead, since I can block (with the Factory if I have to). Alternatively, I can just attack you with both 2/2s. You can trade with one, but not both.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    I don't think Fireslinger is enough. If we just trade pings to the face, my pinger races yours because you keep taking damage from Fireslinger. And you can't attack me instead, since I can block (with the Factory if I have to). Alternatively, I can just attack you with both 2/2s. You can trade with one, but not both.
    Somehow I had the sliver as a 1/1 I could ping away instead of a 2/2. Updating now.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Alright, let's skip this week, so everybody has time to get back up to speed.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Chronomaton, Forge Devil, Karplusan Wolverine
    2. dte: Mishra's Factory, Swamp, Deathspore Thallid, mesmeric fiend
    3. Reeplcheep: Island, Chronomaton, Mistblade Shinobi, Wingcrafter
    4. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Blossoming Sands, Tidehollow Sculler, Putrid Leech
    5. alphastryk: Mountain, Mountain, Fireslinger, Goblin Cratermaker
    6. H: Island, Mishra's Factory, Faerie Duelist, Force Spike
    8. silkster: Plains, Duergar Assailant, Brass Man, Swords to Plowshares
    9. Tylert: Swamp, Chronomaton, Wretched banquet, Unearth
    10. jhhdk: Tinder Farm, Boros Garrison, Village Ironsmith, Tormented Pariah

1. Asthereal: T1 = Swamp, chrono. Mountain, devil targeting chrono (Y19).
    T2 = unearth. Wolverine, att (M19).
    T3 = Chrono. Chrono, att (M17).
    T4 = Banquet on chrono. Att (M15).
    T5 = Wait. Att (M14). C1.
    T6 = Wait. Att (M13). C2.
    T7 = Wait. C3.
    From here, I can just wait and grow chrono, you can't attack.
    Same thing OTD. 6-0 --> 6
    2. dte: You've done the math. I have to agree with this. 0-6 --> 6
    3. Reeplcheep: banquet on chrono then grow chrono to 20 before attacking. Block crafter if you ever try to attack to avoid some shinobi shenanigans 6-0 --> 12
    4. Wrath of Pie: You can never take chrono which will trump your cards. 6-0 --> 18
    5. Alphastryk: I can rebuy Chrono which trades with firemaker and kill fireslinger. 6-0 --> 24
    6. H: On the play, just playing chrono T1 is enough. I take it to 4/4 and If you stay in defence, I banquet duelist you force then I can attack with unearth backup. If you try to race, I'm faster (see math below).
    T1 = Swamp, chrono. Factory.
    T2 = C1. Att (M18).
    T3 = Nothing. No attack, Eot C2.
    T4 = Nothing, Eot Duelist. Att (M17), Eot C3.
    T5 = Att (Y16). Att (M14).
    T6 = Att (Y12). Att (M11).
    T7 = Att (Y8). Att (M8).
    T8 = Att (Y4). You have to let someone in def or double block so next turn i Banquet You force and can attack with unearth backup.
    On the draw, If you spike chrono, I can rebuy it and I just have to grow it to 5/5 to be fine (I can banquet duelist) If you don't, we're back in the same situation as above. 6-0 --> 30
    7. Maxx!: Cleansing wildfire kills my land and I have a 1/1 vs your two threats. 0-6 --> 30
    8. Silkster: sword vs chrono :( 0-6 --> 30.
    9. Me.
    10. jhhdk: Banquet kills anything on your side, while chrono outgrows your guys. 6-0 --> 36.

Total 36.
    Last edited by Tylert; 12-02-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Alright, let's skip this week, so everybody has time to get back up to speed.
    Yeah, this makes sense. No need to make everyone rush and likely be missing a bunch of entries. I lived in the states for a number of years, but as a student, so to me American Thanksgiving there starts on Wednesday at noon (or earlier if you don't feel like showing up on Wednesday) and goes straight through the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO):
    3. Reeplcheep: I can't banquet chrono first, because I will loose to a flying shinobi bouncing chrono forever. So I kill wingcrafter. Then It's gonna be a draw because if you attack with chrono I can block with a chrono of the same size and kill you after so you don't. And if I attack, you block with either shinobi or wingcrafter so you can kill me after so I don't and we draw. 2-2 --> 8
    Total 32.

To be checked: Reeplcheep match. Please proove me you are right :)
    Why can't you just block wing crafter with chrono and then unearth it?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Why can't you just block wing crafter with chrono and then unearth it?
    I can't block wingcrafter because it flys.
    Man this is making me crazy. Chronomaton's math is too complicated. So many lines... You made me doubt and I had to think 20 minutes to be sure it could only be a draw, and still... I doubt :)

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I can't block wingcrafter because it flys.
    Man this is making me crazy. Chronomaton's math is too complicated. So many lines... You made me doubt and I had to think 20 minutes to be sure it could only be a draw, and still... I doubt :)
    Wing crafter does not fly alone.
    So if you banquet an opposing chrono on sight, and always chump wing rafter if given the chance, you win.
    In this MU, you have 3 relevant cards vs 2, so you win.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Wing crafter does not fly alone.
    So if you banquet an opposing chrono on sight, and always chump wing rafter if given the chance, you win.
    In this MU, you have 3 relevant cards vs 2, so you win.
    Ooohhh my bad. I don't know why but I really thought shinobi's mana cost was U :)
    Ok I win this one.

Thread Information