Page 100 of 332 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Force can only counter non creature spells.
    So you can play salvager on turn one and do your combo to have an infinite ballista and kill me on turn 2 (Because iona can't nalme colorless and forcing one LED buys me a turn only... I need 3).
    Umm, but Force of Negation exiles the spell it counters, so if you countered LED, it is gone forever.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I'm surprised no one played Magus of the Moon.

He trolls the Turf mechanic and wins just about every matchup OTP (because FoW and Channex are banned). He would beat many of these decks OTD too. I knew I had to play a deck that could stop degenerate stuff like that at least OTP, e.g. Iona or Meddling Mage or TKS.

Edit: Aggro.dec
    Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Magus of the Moon, Leyline of the Void = 6-0 for days
    Not seeing how this beats Red Sun's Zenith, that behind something like Ensnaring Bridge looks good. Probably still need the Legacy Weapon/Squee land-producing engine to win often enough, though.

Seems I dismissed that angle too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Umm, but Force of Negation exiles the spell it counters, so if you countered LED, it is gone forever.
    Iona still has to win before Walking Ballista can be cast with X=7 (or X=20, to just kill), and Salvagers is hilariously good at creating land tokens with just Ballista.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Iona still has to win before Walking Ballista can be cast with X=7 (or X=20, to just kill), and Salvagers is hilariously good at creating land tokens with just Ballista.
    yeah it's still largely absurd amount of mana for next turn :) so still 3-3.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I was too tired yesterday and screwed up most of my matches.
    (Also screwed up a few things at work...)
    I'll calculate again and post new scores today.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Attempt nr. 2 at Asthereal's scores for round 1:

1. Asthereal (TO): Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, Broodmate Dragon, Shivan Dragon, Living Death
    Dangerous dragons are dangerous. Vulnerable too, but that's okay. Please note: I can hardcast Broodmate or Shivan Dragon, if necessary.
    2. Wrath of Pie: Squee, Goblin Nabob, Legacy Weapon, Liliana of the Veil, Maelstrom Pulse
    OTP dragons kill on turn 1. OTD you can Lily discard, and I won't be able to cast anything as I actually need three cards to pitch for Turfs. 3-3
    3. Tylert: Unburial Rites, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Counterspell, Force of Negation
    OTP I hardcast Shivan Dragon, which will trade or staredown Iona. OTD you can win in seven or so ways. 1-4
    4. alphastryk: Noxious Revival, Necromancy, Emrakul, the Eons Torn, Smallpox
    OTP Noxious does work, but two dragons land. Three, if you allow Broodmate. I can redraw and hardcast my dragon you use Noxious on, expect if that's Karrthus. I can use the token from Broodmate to sac to your Smallpox. So I should win this, I think. OTD Necromancy and Noxious together can stop two of the three dragons, but the last one still kills you. At least, according to FTW. Let's believe him. 6-0
    5. Moosedog: Lion’s Eye Diamond, Auriok Salvagers, Walking Ballista, Surgical Extraction
    Auriok Salvagers, neat! EDIT: Faster than I though yesterday when my brain didn't work. OTD you just win on turn one. OTP I can force you to use the Surgical to stop my turn one, but that only slows my deck down one turn (Shivan firebreathing or Karrthus plus one other dragon), while also slowing you down one turn, so I'm still faster. 3-3
    6. H: Lion's Eye Diamond, From Under the Floorboards,From Under the Floorboards, Emrakul, The Aeons Torn
    OTP dragons kill on turn 1. OTD you make 5 zombies and 5 life on turn one. So I make dragons and beat you for 22 (one red mana left for Shiv firebreathing). You go to 3 life, and draw the least relevant card (Emry reshuffles everything and order is in your disadvantage), which is LED, with 3 Turfs on the table. You can beat me to 10 life but on turn 2 I win. 6-0
    7. FTW: Assassin's Trophy, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Unburial Rites, Iona, Shield of Emeria
    OTP dragons kill on turn 1. OTD Iona on black means I can only hardcast Shiv. Now you can either win by Trophying Shiv or by making Oko and using him. 3-3

Total: 22 points, after three more edits hopefully correct this time.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-10-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary scores for round 1, attempt nr. 2:

1. Tylert: 28 - 4,7
    2. Moosedog: 27 - 4,5
    3. Asthereal (TO): 22 - 3,7
    4. FTW: 21 - 3,5
    4. Wrath of Pie: 21 - 3,5
    6. H: 6 - 1
    7. alphastryk: 3 - 0,5

Which leads to the same standings in the season.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-10-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 2 of SEASON 6: DEVIANT LEGACY has started.

This round we will play Commander
    Each player submits a legendary creature as fifth card and commander with their regular 4 card deck, the commander starts in the command zone and the games are played out as they would in regular 4 card blind, but combined with commander rules: Players start with 30 life, players lose when they receive 21 or more commander damage, commanders can be played from the command zone, if a commander dies or leaves the battlefield, it can be exiled into the command zone but will cost an additional 2 generic mana to cast each time it is exiled to the command zone, players can only use cards that either match colors of their commander or are colorless and do not contain mana symbols of other colors. All cards can be played only once except for basic lands.
    Additional banning: Karakas.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 2, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 15th of April, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Forest, Plains, Watchwolf, Dromoka's Command, commander: Saffi Eriksdotter
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S06R02 in the topic, and with the commander marked and last in the row.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-11-2020 at 04:26 AM.

Sep 2011

Just in case you got bored, why not attempt nr 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Attempt nr. 2 at Asthereal's scores for round 1:
    2. Wrath of Pie: Squee, Goblin Nabob, Legacy Weapon, Liliana of the Veil, Maelstrom Pulse
    OTD you can Lily discard. I'll drop Shiv, LD Karrth and Brood, attack and kill Lily with a token and attack you for 11... 6-0
    If you discard Shiv to Lily it's still in the GY to return with Living Death... if you resolve LD you still get all 3 creatures to 1-shot.

The greater threat of Lily is that she removes a card from your hand. It doesn't mattter what. On your turn you have 3 cards in hand. That means you can only make 2 land tokens instead of 3. 2 land tokens is not enough to cast Living Death, Shivan, or Broodmate. After the Lily discard your deck gets manascrewed and can't cast anything, so you lose OTD.

3-3

4. alphastryk: Noxious Revival, Necromancy, Emrakul, the Eons Torn, Smallpox
    OTP Noxious does work, but two dragons land. Three, if you allow Broodmate. I can redraw and hardcast my dragon you use Noxious on, expect if that's Karrthus. I can use the token from Broodmate to sac to your Smallpox. So I should win this, I think. OTD Necromancy should win this for you, as you can always use my Karrthus to steal my guys. Should be 3-3.
    Necromancy does nothing. He has to cast it before Living Death resolves (otherwise there are no targets to enchant). If he does, not only are there no Dragons to steal (still in GY), but Living Death actually kills it anyway. LD wipes the board.

6-0

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Just in case you got bored, why not attempt nr 3?

If you discard Shiv to Lily it's still in the GY to return with Living Death... if you resolve LD you still get all 3 creatures to 1-shot.

The greater threat of Lily is that she removes a card from your hand. It doesn't mattter what. On your turn you have 3 cards in hand. That means you can only make 2 land tokens instead of 3. 2 land tokens is not enough to cast Living Death, Shivan, or Broodmate. After the Lily discard your deck gets manascrewed and can't cast anything, so you lose OTD.

3-3

Necromancy does nothing. He has to cast it before Living Death resolves (otherwise there are no targets to enchant). If he does, not only are there no Dragons to steal (still in GY), but Living Death actually kills it anyway. LD wipes the board.

6-0
    F!@#$%^...

Editing everything...

Should I assume the Commander format is singleton except for basic lands and the few special exceptions like the actual format?

Probably should ban Karakas for obvious reasons as well.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Should I assume the Commander format is singleton except for basic lands and the few special exceptions like the actual format?

Probably should ban Karakas for obvious reasons as well.
    You're right!

I did not receive any decks yet, so I'll edit the things.

EDIT: Done! Karakas is now banned and all cards except basics can be played only once.
    Also, I added a line about the mana symbol thing, although I don't expect it to be relevant.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Meantime I did receive one deck, which indeed did not comply to the new rules Wrath suggested and I implemented last minute.
    So allow me to repeat, but now in bold:

Karakas is now banned and all cards except basics can be played only once.
    Also, I added a line about the mana symbol thing, although I don't expect it to be relevant.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

A little under 24 hours until the deadline, and we're at 5 entries, all legal as far as my quick glance could tell. It's looking good.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed but I'm missing one of the regulars.
    I have a few things to do for work, so I can give you a few more hours.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 2 OF SEASON 6 - DEVIANT LEGACY: COMMANDER

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Tangle, Chrome Mox, City of Traitors, Vow of Wildness, commander: Thrun, the Last Troll
    2. Wrath of Pie: Plains, Mage-Ring Network, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Cenn's Tactician, commander: Mikaeus, the Lunarch
    3. alphastryk: Tundra, Lotus Petal, Inkmoth Nexus, Pacifism, commander: Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
    4. Moosedog: Bayou, Blooming marsh, Duress, Assassin's trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave
    5. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave
    6. H: Simian Spirit Guide, Taiga, Crashing Footfalls, Crack the Earth commander: Zurgo Bellstriker
    7. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Deal, Lion's Eye Diamond, commander: Drana, Liberator of Malakir

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

EDIT: Nope, it is I who is confuzzled.

Still, this is not going as smoothly as I had hoped.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Oh, only now I see that FTW sent an illegal deck.
    This is not going as smoothly as I had hoped.
    Wait, why was that deck illegal? It was only 1x of each and didn't have Karakas...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Wait, why was that deck illegal? It was only 1x of each and didn't have Karakas...
    LOL, I'm an idiot.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

LOL, I'm an idiot.
    You were thinking of last round, with "no multiple discard spells" right?

Thread Information