Page 101 of 332 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    You were thinking of last round, with "no multiple discard spells" right?
    Like I said, my brain decided to not work anymore.

EDIT: Since we now moved to a new page, here's the decks again:

DECKS FOR ROUND 2 OF SEASON 6 - DEVIANT LEGACY: COMMANDER

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Tangle, Chrome Mox, City of Traitors, Vow of Wildness, commander: Thrun, the Last Troll
    2. Wrath of Pie: Plains, Mage-Ring Network, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Cenn's Tactician, commander: Mikaeus, the Lunarch
    3. alphastryk: Tundra, Lotus Petal, Inkmoth Nexus, Pacifism, commander: Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
    4. Moosedog: Bayou, Blooming marsh, Duress, Assassin's trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave
    5. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave
    6. H: Simian Spirit Guide, Taiga, Crashing Footfalls, Crack the Earth commander: Zurgo Bellstriker
    7. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Deal, Lion's Eye Diamond, commander: Drana, Liberator of Malakir

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round 2. This is going to be riddled with errors, considering how smart of a man I am right now...

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Tangle, Chrome Mox, City of Traitors, Vow of Wildness, commander: Thrun, the Last Troll
    That's me! Don't drop that Thrun Thrun!
    2. Wrath of Pie: Plains, Mage-Ring Network, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Cenn's Tactician, commander: Mikaeus, the Lunarch
    OTP I get Thrun with a Vow online, which should be fast enough. OTD I think you should race Thrun, as Thalia stops me from Vowing him. 3-3
    3. alphastryk: Tundra, Lotus Petal, Inkmoth Nexus, Pacifism, commander: Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
    EDIT: Lavinia not only stops Vow, but also counters Mox. I failed to read the entire story. Thrun still murders on the play though. 3-3
    4. Moosedog: Bayou, Blooming marsh, Duress, Assassin's trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave
    OTP I make Thrun, which stops your zombie dude, but can't race it I think. OTD you Duress my Mox and I can't cast anything. 1-4
    5. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave
    EDIT: Life gain doesn't help much (I go for 21 commander dmg), but retrieving Skullbriar might. Your lands are slow though, and the plan is slow as well. OTP I get two smashes in with Vow online, which you can't recover from. OTD you can blow up Vow after one hit, but I only need four smacks afterwards. You'll need to retrieve Trophy and blow up Mox so you can double block and I won't be able to regenerate. Looks like you won't make it, so I think it will be 6-0 for me.
    6. H: Simian Spirit Guide, Taiga, Crashing Footfalls, Crack the Earth commander: Zurgo Bellstriker
    EDIT: Completely overlooked the fact that this entry isn't legal... So we'll write up an undeserved 6-0
    7. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Deal, Lion's Eye Diamond, commander: Drana, Liberator of Malakir
    We should have banned all mass discard always. Anyways, OTP I get to make Thrun, and we draw because we both can't attack anymore at some point. OTD I just lose everyting. 1-4

Preliminary total: 20 points?
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-17-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP Dark Deal wins. OTD you get Thrun but lose Vow. I can't race but a 6/7 first strike blockers draws it. WD 4-1
    2. Wrath of Pie: OTP Dark Deal wins. OTD you can get Cenn's Tactician, but my vertical growth guy races yours. WW 6-0
    3. alphastryk: OTP Dark Deal wins. OTD you chose a great commander to troll decks like mine! I can't cast Dark Deal or LED, I can Ritual out Drana, but you can Pacify her. WL 3-3
    4. Moosedog: OTP Dark Deal wins. OTD you Duress Dark Deal, Trophy Drana, and win with Skullbriar. WL 3-3
    5. Tylert: OTP Dark Deal wins. OTD your land enters tapped and Dark Deal wins. WW 6-0
    6. H: OTP Dark Deal wins. OTD you play Zurgo and suspend Crashing Footfalls. I'm one turn too slow to race, so I just leave 5/6 first strike Drana on defense to draw. WD 4-1

26 points (8 wins, 2 draws, 2 loss)

I'm surprised Lion's Eye Diamond wasn't banned this round, since it's Black Lotus with a Commander. LED is the real offender here.

The other decks I considered were things like:
    Leyline of Anticipation, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, Maze of Ith, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
    Basically turn 0 you can't play spells if you had exactsies.
    I couldn't figure out a turn 0 Iona deck but there might be one. LED is too good.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Hey at least this time I'm pretty sure my deck actually works!

Here's the results I came up with:

OTP: I play Lavinia turn 1, which shuts off Mox and Vow of Wilderness from ever being cast. Without the mox, Thrun can't be cast either. W
    OTD: You play out Thrun turn 1, and I can't answer it with Pacifism or race it. L

3-3

OTP: I don't think I can win the race with Inkmoth before I'm dead to a growing Thalia
    OTD: Same as above. L

0-6

This is me

OTP: Your Duress takes away my Pacifism, and Assassin's Trophy kills my Inkmoth leaving me unable to race Skullbriar. L

0-6

Theres a lot to figure out with this one.

OTP: I've run through every combination I can think of, and I think I can't win - you have 2 threats only one of which I can Pacifism, and you can kill either Inkmoth or Pacifism as needed, while ignoring Lavinia since Treetop can block when it matters. L

0-6

I thought we could only play cards in the color identities of our commanders? Crashing Footfalls isn't red. I'll go ahead and run through it though.

OTP: I play out Lavinia turn 1 off of Petal and Tundra, which shuts off Crashing Footfalls. If you Crack the Earth, I sacrifice Tundra because Lavinia will win the race against Zurgo. W
    OTD: You play out Zurgo and suspend Crashing Footfalls turn 1. If I use Petal and Tundra to play out Lavinia, you Crack the Earth and I sacrifice Tundra, after which Zurgo wins the race. If I instead play out Inkmoth first to try to set up Pacifism on turn 2, you Crack the Earth so I'm forced to choose between Lavinia and Pacifism, neither of which is enough on its own, *EDIT*: although I can just not attack with Lavinia to turn this into a draw. D

4-1 (6-0 if the deck is illegal - I think thats how this works?)

OTP: I play Lavinia turn 1, which shuts off your LED and Dark Deal, leaving you with just Swamp -> Ritual -> Drana, which I can beat with Pacifism. W
    OTD: I lose my hand to Dark Deal and do nothing. L

3-3

Overall, having Lavinia to shut things down on the play didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped. LED was definitely busted in this format, a lot of my other deck ideas had LED so I tried to metagame against it unsuccessfully.

Total: 10 points if H's deck is legal, 12 if not.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Overall, having Lavinia to shut things down on the play didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped.
    I thought it was a great choice for Commander. It punishes degenerate decks. If more people abused Lion's Eye Diamond you'd have some free wins.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Oh, yeah, I am super dumb, my deck is illegal.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I thought it was a great choice for Commander. It punishes degenerate decks. If more people abused Lion's Eye Diamond you'd have some free wins.
    Yeah, I wish I had thought of Leyline of Anticipation too, and just gone full hate. I love the look of that Grand Arbiter deck up above.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Oh, yeah, I am super dumb, my deck is illegal.
    LOL I should have caught that.

Also FTW is very correct that we most definitely should have banned LED.

This round is going less and less according to plan...

Oh well, we're still flying half a ship.
    Also, don't drop that Thrun Thrun.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Tangle, Chrome Mox, City of Traitors, Vow of Wildness, commander: Thrun, the Last Troll - WD
    OTP-I duress the vow and leave you with only 3 mana. W
    OTD-you play T1 thrun, and race goes as follows:
    A-T2. Attack for 4. 16
    M-T2. Attack for 1. 19
    A-T3. Attack for 4. 12
    M-T3. Attack for 2. 17 (trophy the chrome mox prevent regenerate.)
    A-T4. Attack for 4. 8
    M-T4. Attack for 3. 14
    A-T5. Attack for 4. 4.
    M-T5. Skullbriar is a 4/4 and can trade with Thrun. Draw?

2. Wrath of Pie: Plains, Mage-Ring Network, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Cenn's Tactician, commander: Mikaeus, the Lunarch - DL
    I almost used this general, but your list would have been better, I was going to use a slot for path to exile. OTP. I trophy your first land leaving you with only one man, but you can play cenn’s tactician and trade with skullbriar for D.
    OTD: thalia beats me.

3. alphastryk: Tundra, Lotus Petal, Inkmoth Nexus, Pacifism, commander: Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - WW
    OTP: I duress lotus petal. And then will trophy a land before you can play anything. W
    OTD: I need to play this out I think it’s a draw though. (Edit, saw your post, I can trophy the inkmoth.) . W

ME

5. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave. WW
    OTP – I trophy your land. W
    OTD – I trophy your land. W

6. H: Simian Spirit Guide, Taiga, Crashing Footfalls, Crack the Earth commander: Zurgo Bellstriker. (Edit. I did not notice it was illegal, ha). WW
    OTP: I duress crack the earth. But then zurgo keeps skullbriar in check until I trophy it, but then that buys you time for footfalls. L
    OTD: I get rocked. L

7. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Deal, Lion's Eye Diamond, commander: Drana, Liberator of Malakir -WL
    OTP: I duress dark ritual. And then can trophy the Drana. W.
    OTD: You discard my hand. Nice list! L

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post

I accept my deserved zero, .
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Tangle, Chrome Mox, City of Traitors, Vow of Wildness, commander: Thrun, the Last Troll WL
    3. alphastryk: Tundra, Lotus Petal, Inkmoth Nexus, Pacifism, commander: Lavinia, Azorius Renegade WW - Pacifism looks like tech, but you probably would have been better off with just standard Path to Exile.
    4. Moosedog: Bayou, Blooming marsh, Duress, Assassin's trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave WD
    5. Tylert: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, commander: Skullbriar, the walking grave LL
    6. H: Simian Spirit Guide, Taiga, Crashing Footfalls, Crack the Earth commander: Zurgo Bellstriker - There were 2 2-drops you could have played as a commander, but you had to go and submit something illegal instead.
    7. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Deal, Lion's Eye Diamond, commander: Drana, Liberator of Malakir LL - Did you know that LED is not banned in actual Commander? Well, now you do.

4w1d = 13 points

What plan?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Pacifism looks like tech, but you probably would have been better off with just standard Path to Exile.
    Yeah, I probably got too cute there, seems everyone just used the commander as a 5th card and didn't really plan on casting it another time.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    What plan?
    The plan of having fun rounds with comprehensive rules and a smooth process.
    So not accusing people of sending illegal decks when they don't and overlooking other decks that in fact are illegal.
    And also reading cards, banning de facto Black Lotus and generally putting thought into things.

Maybe I was a bit optimistic - or naive, if you will - and should have planned better.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: At first sight i thought that going infinite life (after killing the vow would have been good... unfortunately, my plan is wrecked because we're playing commander. I can only draw because you won't attack if I can recur my boys. OTD, you're too fast I think. 1-4 --> 1
    2. Wrath of Pie: Thalia does nothing against me. I have time to recur my removal 6-0 --> 7
    3. Alphastryk: Assassin's trophy will kill your boys one after the other. 6-0 --> 13
    4. Moosedog: Assassin's trophy on my land will take over the game OTP and OTD. 0-6 --> 13
    5. Me.
    6. H: Illegal deck is illegal. I'm lucky because crack the earth is powerful vs me. 6-0 --> 19
    7. FTW: Dark deal on first turn followed by your commander is too good. 0-6 --> 19.

Total 19.

Sep 2011

I accept my deserved zero, .

I don't understand why you're getting disqualified for making a typo on Radha, Heir to Keld

Spelling is hard guys.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I've been redoing my calculations against Tylert, because I think I win both:

T: Tapped land
    A: Thrun
    A: Vow, Attack (7 cdmg)
    T: Untap, Trophy Vow, cast Elixir
    A: Attack (11 cdmg)
    T: Use Elixir, Elixir and Trophy go to library
    A: Attack (15 cdmg)
    T: Draw Elixir, cast Elixir and Skullbriar
    A: Attack, chump with Skullbriar, SB goes to grave
    T: Draw Trophy, Trophy Mox (or City)
    A: Attack (19 cdmg)
    T: Now you have to keep blocking Thrun, but you can't, because your library is always in the worst order for you.

Am I missing any options for Tylert?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I've been redoing my calculations against Tylert, because I think I win both:

A: Attack, chump with Skullbriar, SB goes to grave
    T: Draw Trophy, Trophy Mox (or City)
    A: Attack (19 cdmg)
    T: Now you have to keep blocking Thrun, but you can't, because your library is always in the worst order for you.

Am I missing any options for Tylert?
    Death by commander damage is 21. So why would i block with skullbriar at 15 life?
    I can wait a turn to have the mana for treetop.
    and we draw.

EDIT: Nope. it costs 2 mana to regen thrun, so i can't double block profitably. you win.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Death by commander damage is 21. So why would i block with skullbriar at 15 life?
    I can wait a turn to have the mana for treetop.
    and we draw.

EDIT: Nope. it costs 2 mana to regen thrun, so i can't double block profitably. you win.
    Yeah that's the thing: you need to blow up Mox before you double-block, but that costs mana.
    And it also costs mana to activate Treetop Village to block, and it costs mana to cast Skullbriar, and it costs mana to do the Elixir thing.

A: Attack, no block, as suggested (19 cdmg)
    T: Draw Trophy, Trophy Mox.
    A: Attack, chump with Skullbriar, Skullbriar goes to grave
    T: From here, nothing helps anymore. Elixir is too slow, Treetop can chump but it can't come back fast enough.

Standings for round 2 (Commander)

Rank. Player: Score - SP
    1. FTW: 28 - 4,7
    2. Moosedog: 26 - 4,3
    3. Asthereal (TO): 20 - 3,3
    4. Wrath of Pie: 19 - 3,2
    5. Tylert: 18 - 3
    6. alphastryk: 12 - 2
    7. H: 0 - 0

Which leads to these...

Standings in the season
    1. Moosedog: 8,8
    2. FTW: 8,2
    3. Tylert: 7,7
    4. Asthereal (TO): 7
    5. Wrath of Pie: 6,7
    6. alphastryk: 2,5
    7. H: 1

So FTW's excellent last minute entry wins the round and takes him to second place.
    But it's not enough to stop Moosedog from taking the lead in the season.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 3 of SEASON 6: DEVIANT LEGACY has started.

This round we will play Tribal
    Each deck needs to have at least two creature cards of the same creature type.
    No additional bannings.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 3, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 22nd of April, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Goblin Balloon Brigade, Raging Goblin, Tarfire
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S06R03 in the topic, and with the commander marked and last in the row.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Thread Information