Page 188 of 332 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

If someone can find a way to make dig through time or gitaxian probe work in 4CB, more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Ancestral Recall is also legal. It's because it's crap in 4CB, so we never bothered to ban it.

Legacy is all cards are legal, and legal up to 4 copies per deck, except for cards that break the format, which are completely banned.
    Vintage, on the other hand, is all cards are legal, and cards that break the format are restricted to one copy per deck.
    So I think we're doing what we're supposed to be doing.
    Except Lurrus, which (likely) still breaks Vintage with one copy.

Ancestral Recall is on the banlist, believe it or not, so it's not actually legal.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Ancestral Recall is also legal. It's because it's crap in 4CB, so we never bothered to ban it.
    Not always crap, for instance for next round 2x trall, LED, emrakul, sounds like an ok deck.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Not always crap, for instance for next round 2x trall, LED, emrakul, sounds like an ok deck.
    Thats... actually pretty solid tech, using the round rule as just a way to get a free 5th card of Island.

Of course now we all know we need to play around the turn 1 Emrakul deck...

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Of course now we all know we need to play around the turn 1 Emrakul deck...
    Trall is actually on the banlist in the end.
    But I think there might be a few deck to be cautious about :)

That's actually amazing and beats most of the things I was considering. Just like Dark Depths was going to smash most of what I had been planning for the previous round. :)

It took me way too long to figure out how this worked.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    It took me way too long to figure out how this worked.
    Me too. The biggest tech was when I realized Trall = Ancestral Recall.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Me too. The biggest tech was when I realized Trall = Ancestral Recall.
    With the quote of Asthereal's message, I thought it was clear..

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Dammit, my deck is illegal. Phyrexian dreadnaught is not a card :(

1. Asthereal (TO): Sandstone Needle, City of Traitors, Boldwyr Heavyweights, Goblin Settler
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Goblin Lackey, Morophon, the Boundless, Karona, False God
    3. jhhdk: Taiga, Orcish Lumberjack, Ramunap Excavator, Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4. Wrath of Pie: Hickory Woodlot, Ruins of Trokair, Mayor of Avabruck, Windborn Muse
    5. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grasping Dunes, Dwarven Hold, Ogre Arsonist
    6. H: Inkmoth Nexus, Cathedral of War, Quicksand, Maze of Ith
    7. maxx!: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hunted Horror, Fourth Bridge Prowler
    8. FTW: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Maze of Ith, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Murderous Rider
    9. dte: city of traitors, simian spirit guide, simian spirit guide, barbed shocker
    10. Tylert: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian dreadnaught
    11. Serguei: City of Traitors, Simian spirit guide, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Eldrazi Mimic
    12. silkster: Swamp, Ruthless Sniper, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Bazaar of Baghdad
    13. Reeplcheep: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chancellor of the Tangle, Lodestone Golem

Every game I will play mimic T1, then dreadnought T1 with guide and stack the triggers so I have to sac mimic after getinng it to 12/12.Then I'll proceed to kill my opponent in 2 turns (Turn 3).
    1. Asthereal: Can you kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? the answer is no. 6-0 --> 6
    2. Goblinsmashmaster: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? On the draw, you're exactly lethal on turn 3. 3-3 --> 9
    3. jhhdk: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? I guess no. 6-0 --> 15
    4. Wrath of Pie: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? No I can pay for the muse. 6-0 --> 21
    5. Alphastryk: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? I can pay for Tabernacle!! 6-0 --> 27
    6. H: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? Nope. And maze of Ith doesn't work. 6-0 --> 33.
    7. maxx!: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? Nope. I let the centaurs die and smash with dreadnought 6-0 --> 39.
    8. FTW!: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? Yes OTD I can only kill you turn 3 and you can kill my threat. 3-3 --> 42.
    9. Dte: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? Yes OTD, You're too fast for me. 3-3 --> 45.
    10. Tylert: Me.
    11. Serguei: mirror. 3-3 --> 48
    12. silkster: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? yes you can but in a meaningless way. 6-0 --> 54.
    13. Reeplcheep: Can you Kill me turn 3 or interact with our creatures? yes, but it only means I can cast dreadnought on turn 2 and kill T4 instead of T3. You can't kill before T5 so I still win. 6-0 --> 60
    Same for me just my deck is a legal one

total 60

Excuse my ignorance Trall?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    Excuse my ignorance Trall?
    ancesTRAL recall

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I've definitely never heard Ancestral shortened that way before so it took me a minute. Its always been "Ancestral" for folks that play old school (where Recall is another played card), or "Recall" from other vintage players.

Feb 2014

Sorry to have created the confusion, I thought it was clear as I used the abbreviation in an answer to Asthereal referring to Ancestral recall.

But I've read this abbreviation several times, however I cannot remember where. I thought it was more common. I myself never played with the card, so wouldn't really know ;)

Does that mean hrall=hurkylls recall?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Does that mean hrall=hurkylls recall?
    We should double check the rules with threall=Asthereal

(I also shorten it as "Ancestral" because back in the day both Hurkyl's Recall and Recall were commonly played cards. I think Recall even made it on the B/R list for a while.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    We should double check the rules with threall=Asthereal

(I also shorten it as "Ancestral" because back in the day both Hurkyl's Recall and Recall were commonly played cards. I think Recall even made it on the B/R list for a while.)
    I tried to read the above posts and bluescreened.

Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for round 3:
    1. Tylert: 60 - 5
    1. Serguei: 60 - 5
    3. dte: 54 - 4,5
    4. Reeplcheep: 51 - 4,3
    5. FTW: 40 - 3,3
    6. Asthereal (TO): 39 - 3,3
    7. silkster: 32 - 2,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 30 - 2,5
    8. maxx!: 30 - 2,5
    10. alphastryk: 25 - 2,1
    11. jhhdk: 15 - 1,3
    12. H: 11 - 0,9
    13. Wrath of Pie: 9 - 0,8

Which would lead to these standings in the season:
    1. dte: 14,2
    2. FTW: 12,6
    3. Serguei: 11,8
    4. Tylert: 11,4
    5. maxx!: 9,2
    6. Reeplcheep: 7,7
    7. silkster: 7,2
    8. Asthereal (TO): 7,1
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: 6,9
    10. alphastryk: 5,8
    10. Wrath of Pie: 5,8
    12. H: 4,4
    13. jhhdk: 4,2

So dte is running away from the pack a little bit. Unsurprisingly, several times champ FTW is in pursuit, and at the number 3 spot we find our newest player Serguei, who has gotten the hang of it very quickly. Well done!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-07-2021 at 08:28 AM.

You might want to fix silkster, no way he is in 11th place with that score.

Are we banning Oko in Legacy?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You might want to fix silkster, no way he is in 11th place with that score.

Are we banning Oko in Legacy?
    Fixing now. Forgot to readjust the ranking after adding the last scores to the sheet.

Anyone opposed to banning Oko?

Thread Information