Page 205 of 332 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Stupid was not the best choice of words. I didn't think it was so stupid, as it was my deck since a while, but I could not not disclose it once there was talk of banning and chancellor.
    So sad it would have been an easy 6-0 for me :(

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    So sad it would have been an easy 6-0 for me :(
    I will be very sad if this talk stopped Sergei from topping the round with leyline of singularity.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I will be very sad if this talk stopped Sergei from topping the round with leyline of singularity.
    Useful (?) reminder: Lleyline of singularity is on the banlist.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Looks like no one is opposed to the suggested bannings.

So I'll be adding Assassin's Trophy to the general banned list.

Also for the round I'll be banning:
    Empty the Warrens
    Chancellor of the Forge
    Ensnaring Bridge
    Meekstone

I don't have a deck yet myself, but I'll try to cough something up in the next hour or so.
    Stay tuned.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

4x Chancellor is just better in the mirror, no Leyline of Singularity necessary.

What caused that?

Feb 2014

Karakas I guess?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Well, there goes my deck.

I can't disagree it's broken.
    The other one I had was 2*Chancellor 2*Blazing Shoal, but Shoal is still banned.
    Don't worry, we all had this deck in our mind. But I could not find anything that did better than WD against it.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 8 OF SEASON 9: DEVIANT LEGACY - PART 2 has started.

This round we play Supersize: All creatures get +3/+3.
    Additional bannings: Empty the Warrens, Chancellor of the Forge, Ensnaring Bridge and Meekstone.
    (Please also note that we decided to ban Assassin's Trophy indefinitely.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 8, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: THURSDAY the 11th of March at 11:00AM Central European Time. Yes, you have a day extra because of the late bannings.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Wednesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S09R08 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

I will give it after the rounds because it is not excluded I still play it :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Scores for round 7:
    1. dte: 53 - 4,4
    2. FTW: 52 - 4,3
    3. Wrath of Pie: 45 - 3,8
    4. Serguei: 44 - 3,7
    5. maxx!: 42 - 3,5
    6. jhhdk: 36 - 3
    6. alphastryk: 36 - 3
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 29 - 2,4
    9. Asthereal (TO): 27 - 2,3
    9. silkster: 27 - 2,3
    11. Tylert: 26 - 2,2
    12. Reeplcheep: 18 - 1,5
    12. H: 18 - 1,5

Which leads to these standings for the season:
    1. dte: 30,5
    2. FTW: 28,7
    3. Serguei: 24,6
    4. Tylert: 22,4
    5. Wrath of Pie: 21,5
    6. maxx!: 19,1
    7. Asthereal (TO): 18,8
    8. silkster: 18
    9. Reeplcheep: 16,8
    10. H: 15,8
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 15
    12. jhhdk: 14,6
    13. alphastryk: 11,1

So dte still leads, FTW is still in pursuit. A very complex round did not provide much of interest to talk about score-wise, but there's plenty of rounds for surprises and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    This round we play Supersize: All creatures get +3/+3.
    Additional bannings: Empty the Warrens, Chancellor of the Forge, Ensnaring Bridge and Meekstone.
    Hating on Goblins :( :(

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    Hating on Goblins :( :(
    You still have Goblin Lackey.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You still have Goblin Lackey.
    One mana 4/4 with upside. Could be worse.

Feb 2014

The other one I had was 2*Chancellor 2*Blazing Shoal, but Shoal is still banned.
    I was only on this one.
    T1 kill that still wins vs FoN should be good. But then after discussing banning empty, I thought it was not very fair to leave chancellor out of the banning discussion.

And it would have been less fun on the race if we played the same deck, besides that's a privilege of Serguei and Tylert :)

I also think Tylert is right.
    3* chancellor + fury of the horde is a stupid T1 kill.

I am for all bannings, including chacellor.

Man, I was so ready to beat this deck. Of course, I was going to lose to every control deck. But I was so pleased with myself for figuring out how to beat the really degenerate Chancellor of the Forge decks. If going 6-0 against Chancellor isn't my goal anymore, then it's back to the drawing board.

I do like these bannings, though. This round now feels pretty wide open, at least to me. Then again, I hadn't though of Empty the Warrens or Meekstone for this round, so maybe I'm missing some Tier 0 stuff. I'll know on Thursday I guess.

What caused that?
    Yeah, with Karakas it was dominating round after round. It made playing creatures at all look really bad, being immune to counters, much discard, and you can't even go wide against it.

I am really sad for those bannnings. Those cards should have defined this round. (imagine announcing a vintage tournament and banning all P9)

Now I have posted a really bad deck because no time to think about a better choice and what could be played.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    I am really sad for those bannnings. Those cards should have defined this round. (imagine announcing a vintage tournament and banning all P9)

Now I have posted a really bad deck because no time to think about a better choice and what could be played.
    You'll never play a deck as bad as mine. I literally spent five minutes on it.

Anyway, looks like we're complete at the deadline, so I'll gather all the decks and post them as soon as I can.

EDIT: Scratch that last bit. I'm missing maxx! Please send your deck asap.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-11-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Back to Thalakos Lowlands tech again?

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    9. Race for Life: Players don't lose the game for having 0 life or less or from having 10 or more poison counters. If a player has 100 life or more, he or she wins the game. If no player can reach 100 life with optimal play from either side, the game ends in a draw.

10. Turtle Up: Until the start of the 6th turn: spells can't be countered, permanents have hexproof and indistructible, cards in graveyards have hexproof and players have hexproof. Damage does not cause loss of life, and players can't win or lose the game. Players may choose to ignore effects controlled by an opponent that would cause a permanent they control or card in their hand to change zones.

11. Bouncy castle: Each player starts the game with a Cloudstone Curio artifact token in play.
    Until Maxx! posts, I have a few questions regarding the next three rounds, maybe better to do so in advance:

Race for life. If no player can reach 100 life with optimal play from either side, the game ends in a draw.
    How does that work with alternative wincon? Do I win if I Door to Nothingness my opponent before (s)he reaches 100 life? Is it a draw if I would be able to do it later but none of us could ever reach 100 life with optimal play?

Turtle up. How does that work with extra turns? Does the game starts on turn 7 no matter what, so Eater of days T1 OTP would go op, me, op, op, op, me and I can attack on my second turn as it is the sixth?

Bouncy castle. The token can be bounced/destroyed/elked, right?

Thread Information