Page 55 of 332 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

DOn't worry, my deck is a complete meta deck.
    if people do not play some cards i expect them to play, i'll compete with you for the last place :)

I'm waaay too hyped for this.
    Should have jumped on the train earlier, I missed some decent fun.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    I'm waaay too hyped for this.
    Should have jumped on the train earlier, I missed some decent fun.
    Glad you're enjoying it. :)
    If the current player base sticks, we should be able to play many more seasons of chaos.

I'll be posting decks within a few hours, so if anyone still wants to change something or join in, be quick!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 4 OF THE BLOCK TOUR (Mercadian Masques, Nemesis, Prophecy):

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Rishadan Port, Fountain of Cho, Blinding Angel
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Skerry, Swamp, Parallax Nexus, Avatar of Will
    3. Tylert: Rishadan port, Island, Daze, Cloud sprite
    4. Unlif3: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Nether Spirit, Mind Swords
    5. Whoshim: Forest, Skyshroud Cutter, Skyshroud Cutter, Skyshroud Cutter
    6. H: Subterranean Hangar, Subterranean Hangar, Rathi Assassin, Avatar of Woe
    7. Wrath of Pie: Subterranean Hangar, Mercadian Bazaar, Rackling, Rackling
    8. BirdsOfParadise: Saprazzan Skerry, Island, Indentured Djinn, Indentured Djinn
    9. FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Indentured Djinn

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Also: welcome, BirdsOfParadise, to our little contest of chaos.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round "whoops, forgot about Indentured Djinn":

1. Asthereal (TO): that's me, sporting the heavily meta'd Plains, Rishadan Port, Fountain of Cho, Blinding Angel
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I can Port you out of it, OTD you get to do your thing and the Avatar will win it. 3-3
    3. Tylert: I can Port your Port end of turn in order to counter your Port lock on my storage land. Blinding Angel will beat the Sprite easily. 6-0
    4. Unlif3: Keep Plains and Port in hand to ditch to Mind Swords. Storage land into Blinding Angel is fast enough both OTP and OTD. 6-0
    5. Whoshim: I win the race both OTP and OTD, see below. 6-0
    6. H: One Port doesn't stop two storage lands. Your guys kill my guy and then me. 0-6
    7. Wrath of Pie: One Port doesn't stop two storage lands. Also, this race I don't think I win. If I try to Port one land, I have less cards in hand and even one Rackling does it. 0-6
    8. BirdsOfParadise: OTP I get to Port you out. OTD you get to make a Djinn. Whether I choose to Port you out of a second or just go for the fastest Angel, you kill me. 3-3
    9. FTW: I think this will be the same as against BoP. OTP I Port you out of it, OTD you get to make a Djinn and kill me. 3-3

Total: 27 points

Analysis vs. Whoshim

OTD:
    W: Forest, cast 3 guys, A=35
    A: Fountain (tapped)
    W: Attack for 6, A=29
    A: Fountain tickup, F=1, play Port
    W: Attack for 6, A=23
    A: Fountain tickup, F=2, play Plains
    W: Attack for 6, A=17
    A: Fountain tickup, F=3
    W: Attack for 6, A=11
    A: Cast Blinding Angel
    W: Attack for 6, block and kill one, A=7
    A: Attack with Angel, you can't attack anymore and I win from here.

Sep 2011

FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Indentured Djinn

For all matches: When I'm OTP, if you play a tapped land turn 1, I play turn 2 Cutpurse and kill your land, so you have to play an untapped land first.

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play turn 1 Skerry. You can't play Fountain so you play Plains. I play Island Djinn. Djinn kills you before you Blinding Angel can attack. OTD you can Port Skerry forever before I can play anything. WL 3-3
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I play Skerry, you must play Swamp. I play Djinn. You play tapped Skerry. I get in 2 attacks before Avatar of Will comes down, so you can't race and must stay on defense for the draw. OTD you get down Nexus turn 2 before I can play any bodies and get 2 swings with Avatar before I get my hand back, so you can race me. DL 1-4
    3. Tylert: OTP I play turn 1 Skerry. You play Island, Cloud Sprite. I play Cutpurse, which would take your Island or win condition, so you Daze it. You replay the Island. I play Djinn and win. (If you choose not to play Cloud Sprite and pay the tax instead of Dazing Cutpurse, then I get a 1/1 first and my 1/1 wins the race since you can't block). OTD Port beats my Skerry. WL 3-3.
    4. Unlif3: Nice deck! I can't win with only 2 cards. LL 0-6
    5. Whoshim: OTP and OTD Djinn wins the race thanks to the 15 life gain and Cutpurse to chump block or counter attack. WW 6-0
    6. H: OTP and OTD Cutpurse kills the first land you play (even when you go first, you won't have mana to pay the tax). Then Djinn outraces Assassin/Avatar with only 1 battery land. WW 6-0
    7. Wrath of Pie: Same thing. Cutpurse kills your first land. Djinn outraces your threats after that. WW 6-0
    8. BirdsOfParadise: OTP or OTD if you ever play a Djinn, I play Cutpurse after. You either lose the Djinn or lose a land (so you can't play the 2nd Djinn), either way reducing you to 1 Djinn. Our Djinns trade and Cutpurse kills you. WW 6-0

31 Points (10 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Guys seriously stop designing decks where i have to do so many calculations :)

8. BirdsOfParadise: Saprazzan Skerry, Island, Indentured Djinn, Indentured Djinn

1. Asthereal: My goal is to tap you fountain during your upkeep so you can't play blinding angel. At some point in time, you wait for my end of turn and tap my rishadan port. Daze won't do anything as you have a storage land 0-6 --> 0
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP i can play cloud sprite T1 and rishadan port T2 to tap your skerry and win. OTD, i can daze your first spell and wait to be able to tap your land before putting all my lands in play so you can't play avatar. 6-0 --> 6
    3. Me.
    4. Unlif3: Damn, Nether spirit is from mercadian masques :) OTP, i can daze dark ritual and win. OTD, you can play nether spirit T1, and win from there. 3-3 --> 9
    5. Whoshim: Can't win agaisnt this. 0-6 --> 9
    6. H: Can't beat 2 storage lands 0-6 --> 9
    7: Wrath of Pie: Can't beat 2 storage lands 0-6 --> 9
    8: BirdsOfParadise: OTD: I can play sprite T1 and port you skerry FTW. OTP: I can daze one djinn, but you will be able to land the second one. 3-3 --> 12
    9: FTW: OTD: I can land sprite T1 and port your skerry FTW. OTP: sprite can't block so you win the race. 3-3 --> 15

Total 15.

I expected decks with 1 storage land, but not 2.
    For the guys who played 2, were you expecting rishadan port??

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    3. Tylert: OTP I play turn 1 Skerry. You play Island, Cloud Sprite. I play Cutpurse, which would take your Island or win condition, so you Daze it. You replay the Island. I play Djinn and win. (If you choose not to play Cloud Sprite and pay the tax instead of Dazing Cutpurse, then I get a 1/1 first and my 1/1 wins the race since you can't block). OTD Port beats my Skerry. WL 3-3.
    EDIT: Fucking sprite that can't block :)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: Subterranean Hangar, Subterranean Hangar, Rathi Assassin, Avatar of Woe

Port can't stop me, Angel won't be fast enough for me to to Assassin it. 6-0

Even when I am on the Play, I don't think there is a way for me to not lose to the Avatar, since I need enough time and mana to cast and activate Assassin while not summoning sick. 0-6

Port slows me down a bit, but I think I'd still have enough time to cast Assassin and activate it passed Daze. 6-0

My intital draft of this deck was made to beat this, then I changed it to beat Snuff Out. No one played Snuff Out and I can't beat this. 0-6

I think I can win this, because unabated, I can cast Avatar on turn 7 on the Play, turn 8 on the Draw. On the Play, I'd be at 15 by then, on the Draw at 9, but at that point, I can both Block and kill Cutters at the same time. Holding back won't help, since I can ramp to Assassin as well. So I think I win both here. 6-0

6. H: Bye, myself.

It's turn 4 when he could cast a Rackling and I'd have two cards in hand, but once I can run out Avatar on Turn 7 (on my Play) I can pop the Racklings at will and I'd only have taken 4 damage at that point, I think. The draw only changes that by one, I think. 6-0

I don't think I can race this in any case. 0-6

I think Cutpurse wrecks me. 0-6

24, maybe? I probably made some miscalculation though...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I expected decks with 1 storage land, but not 2.
    For the guys who played 2, were you expecting rishadan port??
    Yeah, Port and Mindswords. My Initial deck was double Cove, Indentured Djinn and Avatar of Will. But then I get worried about Snuff Out. Then no one played Snuff Out...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, Port and Mindswords. My Initial deck was double Cove, Indentured Djinn and Avatar of Will. But then I get worried about Snuff Out. Then no one played Snuff Out...
    against the meta: swamp, rampart crawler, snuff out, snuff out would have lost only versus nether spirit and the avatar of woe deck for a total of 36 points :)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    against the meta: swamp, rampart crawler, snuff out, snuff out would have lost only versus nether spirit and the avatar of woe deck for a total of 36 points :)
    No, it would have lost to the Cutter deck as well, I think. But your point is well taken, it's a shame we only get one crack at each block, but it's for the best probably.

OTP/OTD Mind Swords will only take two lands, Fountain of Cho will eventually cast Blinding Angel and get there before I can deal 20. 0-6.
    My first thought was that Swamp>DR>Nether Spirit>Mind Swords would leave you with Skerry and Avatar which would have been game for you. I tried to imagine several lines of play, notably holding Swords in hand, or just playing nothing, but in the end I couldn't find a window where I can nag either Avatar or Skerry with Mind Swords. Tell me if you find something, 0-6 for the moment.
    OTP Mind Swords is strong and Nether Spirit will outrace Cloud Sprite.
    OTD you lead with Island, Daze Dark Ritual and I'm cold dead. 3-3.
    That's me !
    OTP Mind Swords nags two Cutters and you're left with a 2/2 that cannot trade into a recursive Spirit and cannot outrace it due to the 5 life gain.
    OTD Triple Cutter is nice but you will trade them one after the other into Spirit if you attack so that should be a draw. 4-1.
    OTP/OTD You can't beat Mind Swords. 6-0.
    See calculations below. 3-3.
    OTP/OTD Mind Swords will either nag a land leaving you with not enough mana to cast the Djinns, or both Djinns leaving you with no out. 6-0.
    OTP/OTD Mind Swords will either nag a land leaving you with not enough mana to cast the creatures, or both creatures leaving you with no out. 6-0.

Wrath of Pie (OTP) :
    1. Swamp-Ritual-Spirit go ; Hangar go (storage=0)
    2-3-4-5. swing with Spirit, WoP.life=12, you can't land the other land or Mind Swords seizes both Racklings, until storage=4
    6. swing with Spirit, WoP.life=10 ; you play Rackling and the second land.
    7. Rackling trigger, Un.life=18, swing with Spirit, WoP.life=8, I still hold onto Mind Swords ; Rackling swings, Un.life=16, storage=2.
    8. Un.life=14, swing with Spirit, WoP.life=6, I still hold onto Mind Swords ; Rackling swings, Un.life=12, storage=4.
    9. Un.life=12, swing with Spirit, WoP.life=4, I play Mind Swords and nag Rackling #2 ; Rackling swings, Un.life=10.
    10. Un.life=9, Nether Spirit is sick, Un.life=7.
    11. Un.life=6, WoP.life=2, Un.life=4.
    12. Un.life=1, you have to block which means I'll win in two turns. Phew.
    OTD you get an addition Rackling trigger on turn 6 which means I'll lose.

Total : 28 points ? :)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    No, it would have lost to the Cutter deck as well, I think. But your point is well taken, it's a shame we only get one crack at each block, but it's for the best probably.
    Right.

It's ok to have one try only. It's fun enough.

This was a cool block. Many different strategies.

I almost went with Swamp, Rampart Crawler, Snuff Out, Unmask. Would have been a bit better than my 2/2s.

GoblinSmashmaster results for round "Storage and Taxes"

Port stops me. 3-3

That's me!

Daze + Port. 0-6

I either discard Swamp and Nexus or play both in the same turn. 6-0

My Avatar is faster. 6-0

You can't get through Avatar. 2-2

You can't get through Avatar. I can race going first. 4-1

33 points!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Yeah I completely overlooked Snuff Out as well.
    I do like the fact that it requires a Swamp though, so that's one slot less for a storage land or something like that.

I missed a lot this round. I'm surprised I score as well as I do. This is a very interesting round.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    I almost went with Swamp, Rampart Crawler, Snuff Out, Unmask. Would have been a bit better than my 2/2s.
    Other decks I considered were
    Island, Cloud Sprite, Daze, Daze
    Swamp, Rampart Crawler, Snuff Out, Vendetta

There was also a viable Foil deck with Foil, Island, Nether Spirit, Trickster Mage but it probably draws too often.

I wanted to do the 2/2s for the fun factor but it's hard to race from 35 life when there are 3-mana 4/4 flyers and 4-mana 6/6s (Hunted Wumpus). The 2/2s do beat Daze/Port/Cutpurse and the double removal decks though.

This was a fun block! So many strategies possible that it was hard to guess the meta. I completely missed that Mind Swords was viable thanks to Dark Ritual Nether Spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I completely missed that Mind Swords was viable thanks to Dark Ritual Nether Spirit!
    I must admit I'm really surprised to be the only one submitting this.
    What I found to be the most elegant submission this round was GoblinSmashmaster's. This was really smoothly thought out imo.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    I must admit I'm really surprised to be the only one submitting this.
    What I found to be the most elegant submission this round was GoblinSmashmaster's. This was really smoothly thought out imo.
    And i'm surprised to be the only one to 6-0 him :)
    The lowest score deck beats the highest score one :)

Thread Information