Page 62 of 332 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Round 9 of 4CB Season 3, The Block Tour, has started. This round: Kamigawa block (Champions of Kamigawa, Betrayers of Kamigawa, Saviors of Kamigawa)!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 9, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 11th of September, at 8:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night 10:00PM-ish, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Plains, Eiganjo Castle, Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Samurai of the Pale Curtain (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S03R09 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    Oh no I'm too slow!

I was going to send this: Cloudpost, Cloudpost, Eater of Days, Eater of Days.

All that artifact hate really hurts but maybe I still would have won the race?
    FYI, this would have swept the round.

Hey, everyone! Sorry to just disappear for a bit. I am going to try to submit a deck this week (and following). Things got tiring here.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    Hey, everyone! Sorry to just disappear for a bit. I am going to try to submit a deck this week (and following). Things got tiring here.
    Glad to have you back!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

About 40 hours until the deadline, we're at 5 entries so far.
    Don't forget to send your deck for the Kamigawa ninja & samurai fest.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Mine's nearly ready. still trying to decide wether i play the best deck or the best meta deck.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and we're at 8 entries this time.
    I'll be posting decks within a few hours.
    If someone still wants to send a deck, PM me before I post the decks.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Samurai time!

DECKS FOR ROUND 9 OF THE BLOCK TOUR - Kamigawa block (Champions of Kamigawa, Betrayers of Kamigawa, Saviors of Kamigawa):

1. Asthereal (TO): Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, Mountain, Brothers Yamazaki, Brothers Yamazaki
    2. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Mountain, Nezumi Shortfang, Frostling
    3. Unlif3: Mountain, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Akki Avalanchers
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Bushi Tenderfoot, Hundred-Talon Strike
    5. Whoshim: Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep, Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, Brothers Yamazaki, Brothers Yamazaki
    6. H: Plains, Eiganjo Castle, Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Umezawa's Jitte
    7. Tylert: Swamp, Shizo, Death's storehouse, Nezumi shortfang, Nezumi shortfang
    8. FTW: Swamp, Swamp, Hand of Cruelty, Kiku's Shadow

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Samurai time!

DECKS FOR ROUND 9 OF THE BLOCK TOUR - Kamigawa block (Champions of Kamigawa, Betrayers of Kamigawa, Saviors of Kamigawa):

1. Asthereal (TO): Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, Mountain, Brothers Yamazaki, Brothers Yamazaki
    3. Unlif3: Mountain, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Akki Avalanchers
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Bushi Tenderfoot, Hundred-Talon Strike
    5. Whoshim: Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep, Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, Brothers Yamazaki, Brothers Yamazaki

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Man, i knew i should have played the triple frostling deck :(
    But i did not have the guts to do it :(

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal results for round 9: "it's two brothers..."
    (I wonder who gets that reference. )

1. Asthereal (TO): that's me, sporting two brothers: Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, Mountain, Brothers Yamazaki, Brothers Yamazaki
    2. Wrath of Pie: Frostling kills one brother, the other gets raced by a flipped Nezumi. 0-6
    3. Unlif3: Akki avalanchers plus one token kills one brother. The other brother stays back and beats the remaining 1/1 token because he's still 2/1 bushido. 6-0
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 4/3 bushido one is pretty good. Tenderfoot dies before he flips, and you need both creatures to stop one brother. 6-0
    5. Whoshim: you know what's better than two brothers? FOUR BROTHERS! Mwuhahhahhah! But yeah, I guess we draw our band of brothers. 2-2
    6. H: You can prevent 2 damage done to Isamaru, but he'll die anyway before you can use Jitte. I attack with one brother and keep one back ftw. 6-0
    7. Tylert: OTP I get both brothers before you make me discard one. You need to flip both before you can double block and kill one, but you don't get that far. See below for calculations. OTD you make me discard one brother and I just lose. 3-3
    8. FTW: Hand kills a brother. Shadow trades with the other. 2-2

Total: 25 points, if I didn't screw up anywhere.

Calculations vs. Tylert on the play:
    A: Untaidake (tapped)
    T: land
    A: Mountain, cast brother (A=18)
    T: land, cast Nezumi
    A: Cast second brother (A=16), attack with one 4/3 brother (T=16)
    T: Use Nezumi, Nexumi flips (now 3/3)
    A: Nezumi ability resolves (A=13), attack with two 4/3 brothers (T=8)
    T: Cast new Nezumi
    From here you have to block. If you want to kill a brother, you'll have to block with both and I'll be the only one who has board presence.
    If you sac a guy, you'll have to sac the 1/1 Nezumi, but I still win the race no matter what.

Sep 2011

FTW: Swamp, Swamp, Hand of Cruelty, Kiku's Shadow

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP or OTD Shadow kills the first Brother. You have to leave the second back to trade with Hand. DD 2-2
    2. Wrath of Pie: OTP or OTD Shadow kills Nezumi Shortfang before you can activate. Hand of Cruelty beats Frostling. WW 6-0
    3. Unlif3: Shadow kills Avalanchers, stopping you from getting both tokens before Hand starts attacking. You can sneak out both tokens by Legend ruling one land then playing Akki T3 and sacrificing the other before I kill Akki, but then you get your tokens too late to race me. WW 6-0
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: I play T2 Hand, which is protection from your deck, so you can't attack into me. Then Shadow kills Isamaru and Hand outraces Bushi. WW 6-0
    5. Whoshim: Same as Asthereal match. Shadow kills one Brother. The other trades with Hand. DD 2-2
    6. H: I played removal specifically to beat the 2 lands + Jitte deck. WW 6-0
    7. Tylert: Nice deck. I built to beat 1 Shortfang but didn't think about 2. Shadow kills one, the other races Hand. LL 0-6

28 points (8 wins, 4 draws)

I almost played Brothers.dec but figured mine would trade with it, beat 1 Shortfang, beat Jitte, and match up better against stuff like Reciprocate (which no one played!).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    FTW: Swamp, Swamp, Hand of Cruelty, Kiku's Shadow

3. Unlif3: OTP Shadow kills Avalanchers the turn after you play it, whenever that is. I play Hand on either T2 or T3, before you can make both tokens, so I start attacking first and win the race.
    OTD you play T1 Gods and T2 Gods, making 2 Spirit tokens. If I play Hand, you win the race. If I Shadow a Spirit, you play Akki and can sac the Mountain to trade with Hand while the remaining Spirit kills me. WL 3-3
    Note: The Akki Avalancers can only sac a land once per turn, and they need to be on the battlefield for Unlif3 to be able to sac the Gods.
    So Unlif3 needs to play every card he has to be able to generate both 1/1 spirit tokens. I don't think he can stop you from killing Akki before he gets both tokens.

I almost played Brothers.dec but figured mine would trade with it, beat 1 Shortfang, beat Jitte, and match up better against stuff like Reciprocate (which no one played!).
    I almost played Mountain, 3x Frostling.dec, but then I saw a certain TV show and I couldn't resist the two brothers.
    I also looked at Reciprocate, but it can't kill creatures that only defend, so I felt it was rather narrow.

Sep 2011

Note: The Akki Avalancers can only sac a land once per turn, and they need to be on the battlefield for Unlif3 to be able to sac the Gods.
    So Unlif3 needs to play every card he has to be able to generate both 1/1 spirit tokens. I don't think he can stop you from killing Akki before he gets both tokens.
    I thought that at first, but Gods is a legendary land.

Edit: Oh right, the legend rule changed, he can't legend rule both of them out. Then I win both.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: OTP: I can flip shortfang to make you discard the second brother and win from there. OTD:
    T1 = untaidake. Swamp

You are too fast 3-3 --> 3
    2. Wrath of Pie: seems like the better shortfang deck :) OTP and OTD you can trade my first shortfang with your frostling and be able to do nothing or take the hits and counterattack and win because you are the first one to flip. 0-6 --> 3
    3. Unlif3: OTP or OTD, i can allways block avalancher with one shortfang and the other will easily race 2 1/1. 6-0 --> 9
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: I'd say 6-0. I can allways makes you discard hundred talon strike without having to block. After that, my 3/3 that doesn't have to attack will kill you. 6-0 --> 15
    5. Whoshim: Same result as vs asthereal 3-3 --> 18
    6. H: OTP: It will be a draw. i can block isamaru on its first attack with jitte and you can kill my second shortfang. OTD: You are one turn faster and win. 1-4 --> 19
    7. Me.
    8. FTW: OTP: You can kill my first shortfang, but the second one will race your Hand of cruellty. OTD: Same scenario. 6-0 --> 25

Total 25.

So the frostling, shortfang deck seems good to me. I missed that one although i really wanted to play triple frosling deck that would have done 34 points here (10w4d) against this field :( i'll buy balls for the next round.
    I completely dismissed Jitte as unplayable as it would fall to a single removal spell. I forgot about isamaru as a very good two drop for it. we will see if it does well here (did not do the calculation).
    Interresting round :)

Unlif, what did you expect to win against? :)

Sep 2011

I almost played Mountain, 3x Frostling.dec, but then I saw a certain TV show and I couldn't resist the two brothers.
    I also looked at Reciprocate, but it can't kill creatures that only defend, so I felt it was rather narrow.
    My RDW was Mountain, Frostling, Goblin Cohort, Glitterfang ftlulz. Would 6-0 Band of Brothers apparently but it seemed too goofy.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

You need to flip both before you can double block and kill one, but you don't get that far. See below for calculations. OTD you make me discard one brother and I just lose. 3-3
    I agree with the rest of your explanation, but i can't block with both flipped. I made the same mistake when i was evaluating the double nezumi shortfang deck : The flipped part of the card is legendary :)

Ah damn, I thought Crack the Earth would be everywhere and as it turns out, noone played this and it would have been quite good. Um.

I'll lose this OTP and OTD. Crack the Earth would have pulled its weight there. 0-6.
    I can't see a way to win there either, Frostling pings Akki and Shortfang will definitely race a 1/1. 0-6.

Let's face the truth, there are a lot of lines there and I'll check that later when I'm home.
    See Asthereal. 0-6.
    I initially thought I wouldn't beat that but actually, if I just keep my crew at bay and a Mountain up, I can block with everything and trade through Eiganjo for the draw. 2-2.
    I don't think I can beat this. 0-6.
    Eeeh, that's complicated and I think you misread Gods' Eye. I think I should play my Spirit-lands first to ensure I get full value on Akki as Kilu is a sorcery.
    For instance, OTP :
    God's Eye // Swamp
    God's Eye // Swamp, Hand
    Mountain, Akki, sac a God's Eye to get a Spirit // Kiku on Akki, resp I get a second Spirit. You swing first so you should win the race, Bushido 1 prevents me from blocking. 0-6 ?

Points = not a lot anyhow, will finish calculating later.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

7. Tylert: Nice deck. I built to beat 1 Shortfang but didn't think about 2. Shadow kills one, the other races Hand. LL 0-6
    shortfang + distress or kikku was a little bit less good than double shortfang in my books :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

My RDW was Mountain, Frostling, Goblin Cohort, Glitterfang ftlulz. Would 6-0 Band of Brothers apparently but it seemed too goofy.
    You kill brother 1, but brother 2 blocks and kills the bouncing dude, which isolates the Cohort, no?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    Points = not a lot anyhow, will finish calculating later.
    You can use our Google Spreadsheet to have it calculate your points for you.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Thread Information