Page 73 of 332 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    The deadline has passed, and I have decks from all the regulars, so here we go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 4 OF THE BLOCK TOUR Part 2 (Innistrad block):

1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Ghost Quarter, Young Wolf, Mayor of Avabruck
    2. square_two: Ghost Quarter, Forest, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Mayor of Avabruck
    3. H: Mountain, Ghost Quarter, Forge Devil, Stromkirk Noble
    4. Unlif3: Island, Island, Ghost Quarter, Ludevic's Test Subject
    5. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Ghost Quarter, Diregraf Ghoul, Diregraf Ghoul
    6. Tylert: Ghost quarter, Cavern of souls, Gravecrawler, Gravecrawler
    7. FTW: Mountain, Ghost Quarter, Pillar of Flame, Reckless Waif
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Cavern of Souls, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Mayor of Avabruck

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Also, welcome square_two to our little competition of chaos!

Nice Ghost quarter round :)

8. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Cavern of Souls, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Mayor of Avabruck

Ahah... i just realized Gravecrawler can't block :) this is not going to be funny :)

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP / OTD: I think it's a draw. We both can only play 1 threat before getting "ghost quartered". I can't attack because of YoungWolf undying keyword. You can't attack because i would race you. 2-2 --> 2
    2. Square_two: OTP / OTD: You win both i think because you can play both threats and at some point overwhelm me with mayor's wolves. 0-6 --> 2
    3. H: Gravecrawler can't block and you can just play noble, ghost quarter my swamp and race me. 0-6 --> 2
    4. Unlif3: No removal.can't win. You will GQ my swamp and block my gravecrawler forever. 0-6 --> 2
    5. Wrath of Pie: OTP: I can attack first, so you will block and it's a draw. OTD: I still attack first, so it's also a draw. 2-2 --> 4
    6. Me.
    7: FTW: You win both because Reckless waif is bigger than gravecrawler and you will race me. 0-6 --> 4
    8: GoblinSmashmaster: same as square_two. You can cast mayor. I haven't done the exact math, but you can probably stay alive until mayor is big and wolves are popping everywhere. 0-6 --> 4

Total 4.

Too bad this is a block with Ghost quarter... Land destruction is still too oppressive.
    And i should stop trying to get a good deck at 1 in the morning :)

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play Mountain & Waif. If you don't GQ me, I GQ whichever land you play keeping you off Mayor anyway. You GQ my Mountain. Waif flips and hits you for 3. You play Wolf. I GQ your Forest. You can't race but you can block and trade, so we draw.
    OTD if you lead with GQ first, I GQ it, then Pillar + Waif beats Wolf so I'd win. Instead you play Forest & Wolf. I GQ the Forest. You attack me for 1. I play Mountain. I can either Pillar the Wolf or play Waif. Either way we trade, you GQ my land, and we draw.
    DD 2-2
    2. square_two: Same as Asthereal except Waif beats Pilgrim so I win both. You can't cast Mayor without the Forest, so I can keep you off it. WW 6-0
    3. H: I can force draws. GQ your Mountain and Pillar the 1 creature you play before you GQ me. DD 2-2.
    4. Unlif3: OTP I race you. OTD you're fast enough by 1 turn. WL 3-3.
    5. Wrath of Pie: We GQ each other's mana. Waif/Pillar trades with Ghoul. DD 2-2.
    6. Tylert: We GQ each other's mana, but 3/2 Waif outraces 2/1 Gravecrawler and you can't block. WW 6-0
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: You're the only one I can't stop from casting Mayor, but I can Pillar it. Then 3/2 Waif beats Pilgrim. WW 6-0

27 points (7 wins, 6 draws, 1 loss)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Too bad this is a block with Ghost quarter... Land destruction is still too oppressive.
    And i should stop trying to get a good deck at 1 in the morning :)
    I really wanted to play the Gravecrawler deck, either with Bone Splinters or a 3rd zombie, until I realized GQ stops it cold.

Details on FTW vs Phyrexian Unlife:
    Me - Mountain. Waif.
    You - Island. (If you GQ my Mountain, I GQ your 1st Island and you never play a creature)

Me - Waif flips. GQ your Island. Attack [17]
    You - Island

Me - Attack [14]
    You - GQ. Test Subject.

Me - Attack [11] (0/3 can't block me)
    You - 1 counter

Me - Attack [8]
    You - 2 counters

Me - Attack [5]
    You - 3 counters

Me - Attack [2]. Pillar you. [0]

OTD
    You - Island
    Me - Mountain, Waif

You - Island. Test Subject.
    Me - GQ your Island. Attack for 1. If you block, I Pillar it and you lose, so you take it [19].

You - GQ. 1 counter.
    Me - Waif is 3/2 by now. Attack [16]

You - 2 counters
    Me - Attack [13]

You - 3 counters
    Me - Attack [10]

You - 4 counters
    Me - Attack [7]

You - 5 counters. 13/13. Attack me to 7.
    Me - Attack & Pillar you. [2]

You - Kill me.

See Asthereal's post for correction. 2-2
    See above. 0-6
    See H's calculations, I actually lose this OTD 3-3
    That's me, and I don't like Mayor of Avabruck.
    The clock is way to slow there. 6-0
    Not only Gravecrawler can't block, but even if it could, this still wouldn't be enough. 6-0
    See FTW's calculations above. 3-3
    See above. 0-6

Total points : 20.
    Last edited by Unlif3; 10-30-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 10-30-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: Mountain, Ghost Quarter, Forge Devil, Stromkirk Noble

On the Play, I'd lead on Mountain into Noble, no reason not to. If Asthereal plays GQ, he won't be able to play Mayor (since he either GQ's me, or I him), he also will be too late with Young Wolf to be able to profitably block Noble. So, Forest into Wolf is all that makes sense. Then, I GQ Forest (Mayor is no longer an option now), Devil the Wolf and it's 2 power vs 2 power on board, but mine grows. If I attack, I lose, if he attack, he loses. So, it's a draw.

On the Draw, again, if he doesn't lead on Forest into Wolf, there is no real profitable line to GQ and pass. Since then I will just GQ his GQ, Mayor is still not an option, and we are right back to the same place as when I was on the Play.

So, looks like double draws? 2-2

On the Play, I lead Mountain into Noble, again, no reason not to. If he GQ's me, I will have GQ for his Forest, which can only cast Pilgrim before I get to tag it, one way or the other. Pilgrim can't block Noble, so I'd win.

On the Draw, if Square leads on Forest into Pilgrim, I GQ Forest and Mayor is uncastable. Then I can Noble and win. If Square leads GQ, I can GQ the GQ, he can only play Forest into Pilgrim, which then I can Forge Devil. If he doesn't, he still loses.

So, two wins? 6-0

3. H: Bye, myself.

OK, this one needs some real "race" math.

On the Play:
    H: Mountain, Noble.
    U: Island, pass. (FTW points out why GQ here would just make Unlif3 lose.)

H: GQ U's Island, Noble attacks, is a 2/2, pass. Forge Devil, hit myself and the now 2/2 Noble, because it won't ever matter vs. Subject. [U: 19, H: 19] (If I GQ Island, Unif3 can delay the Test Subject. If I don't, U will have two mana, cast Subject. I can't actually keep him from ever have 2 mana, so better to just delay it.)
    U: Island or GQ, pass.

H: Noble and Devil attack, Noble now a 3/3. [U: 16]
    U: Last land, Test Subject.

H: Noble and Devil attack, U can't block Noble, it's a 3/3 so just block Devil. Noble now a 4/4. [U: 13]
    U: Counter 1 on Subject.

H: Devil attacks are useless, Noble attacks, now a 5/5. [U=9]
    U: Counter 2 on Subject.

H: Noble attacks, now a 6/6. [U=4]
    U: Counter 3 on Subject.

H: Noble attacks for the win.

On the Draw:
    U: Island, go. [Again, if Unlif3 ever GQ's me, he will lose, because I will GQ back. There isn't a way for me to be GQed without being able to GQ back.]
    H: Mountain, Noble. [I can't really play the delay game here, since it gets me nowhere.]

U: Island, Subject.
    H: GQ, but I can't do anything, since Noble won't ever grow and will be blocked forever.

So, should be a win and a loss: 3-3

If I lead Mountain, Noble, Wrath must lead Swamp, Ghoul, or else Noble will be a 3/3 before he can block. Turn 1 Ghoul means that on my turn 2, Noble will become a 2/2, I can GQ Swamp and Forge Devil for a body. Now, the second Ghoul is uncastable. One Ghoul can't race. I can attack with a 2/2 Noble and force the trade, then win with the Devil.

On the Draw, things turn out kind of the same, if Wrath leads with Swamp, he only gets one Ghoul. If he leads with GQ, I lead Mountain into Noble. He can then GQ me and play Swamp and Ghoul. I GQ back, swing in with Noble (Ghoul is tapped), becomes a 2/2. Forge Devil is uncastable, but one Ghoul can't race, so it would be a draw.

4-1, I think.

Tyer already pointed out how 'crawler isn't great here. 6-0

AS FTW pointed out, this is a set of draws. 2-2

On the play:
    G: Forest Or Cavern, Pilgrim. [I can't see a draw or win line with not playing a Land, or a Creature.]

H: Devil the Pilgrim, Noble attack becomes a 2/2, GQ land. Mayor is uncastable.

On the Draw:
    G: Forest/Cavern, Pilgrim.

G: Other Land, Mayor. [Even if you don't cast Mayor, Pilgrim can't block Noble, so waiting just loses.]
    H: GQ, Devil the Mayor. Noble races Pilgrim.

6-0

29? No way, I must have done this math wrong, someone correct me please.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    Stromkirk can't grow, which gives my test subject ample time to stomp everything. 6-0
    See my post above, I might have made a mistake, but I don't know where. I think I win on the Play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I might have done a bad quick analysis, but I thought I could win on the Play.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal results for round "well, someone didn't play Ghost Quarter":

That's me. Predictable deck is predictable. Let's hope my support card Young Wolf does some work.
    Pilgrim doesn't make green mana, which is a factor. OTP Forest>Wolf and I win the race. OTD Forest>Pilgrim, I have to GQ Forest. You attack, I cast Wolf and then we draw. 4-1
    Both OTP and OTD you get Noble, and I have to keep Wolf back to block it. Two draws, I think. 2-2
    EDIT: I think we actually draw twice. See below. I considered going for 3 lands as well, but decided against it in case of removal. May have been a bad call. 2-2
    You get one Ghoul, which trades with my Undying Wolf after it has died once. 2-2
    You get one Crawler, which trades with my Undying Wolf after it has died once, since you won't be able to recast it (no mana). 2-2
    Waif trades with the Undying Wolf. We have to kill eachother's land asap, as I can't let you Pillar and you can't let me Mayor. 2-2
    We both get Mayor. I guess this draws, but I'm not 100% sure. What do you recon? For now: 2-2

Total: 16 points. Tough round.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    See my post above, I might have made a mistake, but I don't know where. I think I win on the Play though.

I might have done a bad quick analysis, but I thought I could win on the Play.
    I think you're right on both. I was pretty sure RDW was the way to do better than GQ mirror draws, but you found the better version!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I think you're right on both. I was pretty sure RDW was the way to do better than GQ mirror draws, but you found the better version!
    Honestly, it was a "lucky guess" because I made the deck at first, forgetting that GQ was in the set, despite knowing that it was.

Then, when I remembered GQ was in, I did some quick, off the cuff, hypothetical "math" as to if it could beat Mayor. By then I was tired of thinking about it and just submitted it...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    I overlooked the fact that a flipped Mayor actually lays 3/3s and not 2/2s, which means I can't block them. 0-6
    If you Ghost Quarter one land, I won't be able to cast Mayor anymore, so I thought I might lose this.
    But on second thought, there's a thingy:

I could play nothing and wait for you.
    If you play an Island, I'll play GQ and wait.
    If you don't GQ my GQ, I get to cast Mayor and run away with it.
    If you do GQ my GQ, I'll respond by GQing your Island and you won't be able to tick up the Subject anymore, as you'll be down to just one land.

So I actually think we draw our games.

square_two: Ghost Quarter, Forest, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Mayor of Avabruck

Either way you keep me off mana for Mayor, and your Wolf beats my Pilgrim on the draw. On play, I can get out Pilgrim and get an attack in and then stalemate.
    1 pt

OTP I lead with GQ, you blow up, then you run away with those two. If I lead with Forest -> Pilgrim, then you GQ forest and same thing.
    OTD looks pretty similar, except you get out Noble, then can take away my Pilgrim and Forest subsequently.
    0 pt

Mayor flipping does the job on draw or play.

OTP
    Me: GQ
    You: GQ

Me: Forest, Mayor
    You: Island, Ludevic

Me: Pilgrim, pass
    You: Island and counter (c1)

Me: flips on upkeep, attack (you 17), endstep get 3/3
    You: counter (c2)

Me: attack with 2 3/3's (you 11)

Yeah...5 counters takes too long either way.
    6 pt

Either way, I lead out with GQ first and am able to land Mayor.
    6 pt

Either way I play out GQ first and then can Mayor either way.
    6 pt

Waif gets bigger, and you keep me off Mayor.
    0 pt

OTP Either way you have a backup land for Mayor...so we just play out our dudes.
    Me: Pilgrim
    You: Pilgrim

Me: Mayor
    You: Mayor

Me: so...yours actually flips first and you get the first 3/3 :/

Basically whoever plays out Mayor first does not get the first token since the other play can control the timing. So what if we both don't play out Mayor?

Me: Pilgrim
    You: Pilgrim

Me: attack...If you block, then your Pilgrim dies, I can GQ your land and we draw. If you don't block then you are at 19 and losing that race...

So I'm thinking OTP we draw.

OTD does anything change?

You: Land, Pilgrim
    Me: Forest, Pilgrim

You: attack, I block, then you have both lands but again, don't want to start out with Mayor and losing the Pilgrim means drawing to GQ.

I think OTD we also draw, assuming(!) that whoever gets a token from Mayor first wins. But some confirmation would help :)

2 pt

So that is...21 pts? These are surprisingly tough to puzzle out. Correct me if I've made mistakes!

Also, I seriously thought that Appetite for Brains said less than 4 cmc at first, and that threw me for a crazy loop until I realized otherwise.

MayorSmashmaster Results for Round "Ghost Quarter"

Mayor stalemate 2-2

Mayor stalemate 2-2

Forge Devil kills Mayor 0-6

Mayor wins 6-0

Mayor wins 6-0

Mayor wins 6-0

Pillar kills Mayor 0-6

That's me!

22 pts

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You win OTP! Gravecrawler can't block. Ghoul gets in first to win the race.

W - Tapped Ghoul
    T - If he plays Gravecrawler, you play a 2nd Ghoul and GQ the Caverns easily winning, so he GQs your Swamp first.

W - Attack for 2 [T=18]
    T - Gravecrawler

W - GQ the Caverns. Attack [T=16]

OTD
    T - Gravecrawler
    W - GQ the Caverns.

T - Attack for 2 [W=18]
    W - Tapped Ghoul

T - GQ the swamp. Attack [W=16]
    W - You can't race but you can block and trade to draw.

WD for you

Edit: Also you should have DL against H. See H's calculations.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Also, I seriously thought that Appetite for Brains said less than 4 cmc at first, and that threw me for a crazy loop until I realized otherwise.
    I'm thrown in a crazy loop every round... But i Usually don't realize :) However i'm still having fun, so don't worry too much.

This round, I forgot that Gravecrawler couldn't block.
    Last round I believe Myr superion was castable with the help of Chancellor of the tangle...
    Last round of last season i played a 1 touhgness flyer, because it seemed like the best thing to do, in an environment with bitterblossom :)
    etc... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    If you Ghost Quarter one land, I won't be able to cast Mayor anymore, so I thought I might lose this.
    But on second thought, there's a thingy:

I could play nothing and wait for you.
    If you play an Island, I'll play GQ and wait.
    If you don't GQ my GQ, I get to cast Mayor and run away with it.
    If you do GQ my GQ, I'll respond by GQing your Island and you won't be able to tick up the Subject anymore, as you'll be down to just one land.

So I actually think we draw our games.
    Ah, that's interesting, didn't think about that line.
    It does change our outcome but unfortunately for me... not the other Mayor matches for they have a dork in Pilgrim.

@H: I have overlooked the fact that Noble could get two counters on it before LTS hits the board OTD for me. You're right, that's 3-3.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary scores for round 4 (Innistrad block)

Rank. Player: Score - SP:
    1. H: 29 - 4,1
    2. FTW: 27 - 3,9
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: 22 - 3,1
    4. square_two: 21 - 3
    5. Unlif3: 20 - 2,9
    6. Asthereal (TO): 16 - 2,3
    7. Wrath of Pie: 9 - 1,3
    8. Tylert: 3 - 0,4

So square_two makes a strong entrance with a top-4 placing. Nicely done!
    In the season ranking, these results lead to H jumping to fourth place, while FTW and Unlif3 consolidate their places at the top.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Round 5 of 4CB Season 4, The Block Tour - part 2, has started. For this round we shall play Return to Ravnica block (Return to Ravnica, Gatecrash, Dragon's Maze)![/B]

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 5, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 6th of November, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Rakdos Cackler, Civic Saber, Pithing Needle (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S04R05 in the topic. Many of you already do this. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.
    Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    If it wasn't a Ghost Quarter block, someone would have just played
    Cavern of Souls, Island, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Laboratory Maniac

GQ kept them down to fairer 2cc threats like infinite wolves and 13/13 tramples.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    If it wasn't a Ghost Quarter block, someone would have just played
    Cavern of Souls, Island, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Laboratory Maniac

GQ kept them down to fairer 2cc threats like infinite wolves and 13/13 tramples.
    Without GQ, I guess removal would have been mandatory :)

Thread Information