Page 81 of 332 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play Hawk. You play tapped land. I attack. You Trophy my Plains. Then eventually Emmara races me and I can't Tether her. LL 0-6
    Actually, I can only Trophy your land if you play it. So how about you keep that land in hand for a bit?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Actually, I can only Trophy your land if you play it. So how about you keep that land in hand for a bit?
    Fixed.

Guess I can draw vs you and Gobbo, avoiding any losses.

4. square_two: Plains, Healer's Hawk, Healer's Hawk, Sky Tether

I shoulda gone with Godless Shrine and a Vicious Rumors to replace a hawk! Would have helped out in a couple matches.

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy
    AT kills my Plains, doesn't it? So I can't play it until after you play Emmara. But then you can blow up the Tether.
    LL

2. Wrath of Pie: Sacred Foundry, Healer's Hawk, Grim Initiate, Gird for Battle
    I can Tether the Initiate, and then we draw to my two 1/1's against your 2/2
    So I tether the Hawk instead, and I win with lifelink > first strike.
    WW

3. Tylert: Swamp, Swamp, Vicious rumors, Dreadhorde invasion
    I keep back a hawk to discard, and Tether your token
    WW

5. H: Blood Crypt, Grim Initiate, Grim Initiate, Vicious Rumors
    I can afford to discard a hawk or tether, my flyers do work.
    WW

6. FTW: Plains, Sky Tether, Sky Tether, Healer's Hawk
    We just chain down all the birds. You chose more wisely with the 2nd Tether though! Makes a huge difference.
    DD

7. Unlif3: Plains, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray
    Even if I Tether the 3/3, you still have 1/1 and 2/2 to my two 1/1's.
    LL

8. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Swamp, Dreadhorde Invasion, Assassin's Trophy
    OTP you get down to 1 life after I charge with my hawks, but then you have a 6/6 and start gaining.
    If I try to withhold the Plains then you just blow up the Tether.
    LL

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I can Tether the Initiate, and then we draw to my two 1/1's against your 2/2
    DD
    If you Tether the Hawk instead, you can't trade with a 2/2 First Strike, but your two 1/1 flying lifelinks outrace a 2/2.

If you Tether the Hawk instead, you can't trade with a 2/2 First Strike, but your two 1/1 flying lifelinks outrace a 2/2.
    Doh you are right. Thanks! I'll update.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Assassinate"

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy
    Destroy each others' lands 3-3

Destroy the land or Hawk 6-0

Discard Dreadhorde Invasion & destroy yours 2-2

Destroy Plains or Tether 6-0

Discard Assassin's Trophy 6-0

Do nothing 2-2

Destroy Plains 6-0

8. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Swamp, Dreadhorde Invasion, Assassin's Trophy
    That's me!

Total points: 31

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy LL - I discounted Trophy/2-drop because the 2-drop is a liability against Trophy.
    3. Tylert: Swamp, Swamp, Vicious rumors, Dreadhorde invasion LL
    4. square_two: Plains, Healer's Hawk, Healer's Hawk, Sky Tether LL - Tether on Hawk is a winning line.
    5. H: Blood Crypt, Grim Initiate, Grim Initiate, Vicious Rumors WW
    6. FTW: Plains, Sky Tether, Sky Tether, Healer's Hawk LL
    7. Unlif3: Plains, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray DD
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Swamp, Dreadhorde Invasion, Assassin's Trophy LL

2w2d = 8 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

EDIT: I missed something! The lifelink when the zombie becomes 6/6... Let's do that again.

vs.

s: Plains, Hawk
    G: Land
    s: Hawk, attack, s=21 / G=19
    G: Land, Invasion
    s: Attack, s=23 / G=17
    G: Make 1/1 token, G=16, Trophy Plains
    s: Attack, s=25, G=14
    G: Token becomes 2/2, G=13, attack, s=23
    s: Attack, s=25, G=11
    G: Token becomes 3/3, G=10, attack, s=22
    s: Attack, s=24, G=8
    G: Token becomes 4/4, G=7, attack, s=20
    s: Attack, s=22, G=5
    G: Token becomes 5/5, G=4, attack, s=17
    s: Attack, s=19, G=2
    G: Token becomes 6/6 LIFELINK!, G=1, attack, s=13, G=7
    And from here, the massive lifelinker takes the win.

So it's very close. Square gets Gobbo to 1 life, but not beyond.
    6-0 for Gobbo indeed.

Sep 2011

vs.

G: Token becomes 6/6, G=1, attack, s=13
    Token becomes 6/6 lifelink. Attack G=7, S=13. From there Gobbo has an easy win.

OTD it should be even easier.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Token becomes 6/6 lifelink. Attack G=7, S=13. From there Gobbo has an easy win.

OTD it should be even easier.
    Oh right, forgot about that. Yeah, that's a clear win for Gobbo then.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Asthereal's results for round 11:
    This is tough. I think all I have is dicarding Emma and killing your threat with Trophy. 2-2
    Emmara can draw vs Dreadhorde invasion without trophy! If i use vicious rumors, you can discard trophy, and play emmara next turn you can attack at least once with emmara before i can block it. then when i'll have a 6/6 lifelinker you can block it all day long with emmara's tokens.

Man... i missed the interaction of Assassin's trophy with 4CB, and sky tether vs dreadhorde army...

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Wow, I'm still on vacation, but looks like I didn't get even a single win this round,

Low effort, poor result, haha. I missed most of the actually good cards...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Wow, I'm still on vacation, but looks like I didn't get even a single win this round,
    You should DD vs Unlif3! You discard one of his cats, then he just has 2/2 and 1/1, which you can hold off with double Initiate.

You also DD vs Asthereal because his 2/2 can't attack into double Initiate.

Initiates are strong against ground guys. They just lose to flying lifelinkers and big Army tokens.

A way less convincing round than the previous one. I overlooked how much Vicious Rumors would see play and for some reason thought that Assassin's Trophy couldn't destroy basic lands (actually the commonly played card in Constructed that has the "other than a basic land" clause is Surgical Extraction. Heh.).

Yeah, Trophy is a card. DL 1-4
    I get quite a lead in lifepoints but you can stabilize the board and double-draw. DD 2-2
    I think I wouldn't even beat the Invasion with my three creatures. With 3 less power from Vicious Rumors, it's even less likely to happen. LL 0-6
    A 1/1 is no match for my almighty 2/2 cat. WW 6-0
    As mentioned by FTW, first strike is legit in ground battles. DD 2-2
    The double Tether leads to 1/1 lifelinkers glancing at each other. DD 2-2
    That's me !
    I lose this in a pretty bad fashion. LL 0-6

Total : 13 points (2W, 7D)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy.

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy. Emmara or Trophy will push the draw whatever you discard. 2-2 --> 2
    2. Wrath of Pie: Sacred Foundry, Healer's Hawk, Grim Initiate, Gird for Battle Dreadhorde will race this. 6-0 --> 8
    3. Me.
    4. square_two: Plains, Healer's Hawk, Healer's Hawk, Sky Tether. Tether on dreadhorde FTW. 0-6 --> 8
    5. H: Blood Crypt, Grim Initiate, Grim Initiate, Vicious Rumors. If i don't play vicious rumors, i can keep it to discard to vicious rumors and dreadhorde races this. 6-0 --> 14
    6. FTW: Plains, Sky Tether, Sky Tether, Healer's Hawk. More tethers 0-6 --> 14
    7. Unlif3: Plains, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray. I can race this. 6-0 --> 20
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Swamp, Dreadhorde Invasion, Assassin's Trophy. Draw 2-2 --> 22

Total 22.
    Aaaaahhh Tethers...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

PS2. Since the season's about to come to a close, we need to start thinking about next season. What would you guys like to play?
    My vote goes to Modern with a couple of obnixious cards banned at the start (probably just the baned list from season 1), and then after each round banning the winning deck for future rounds.
    What do you guys think? Should be fun? Or would you like to play something else? Let me know!
    Ok for Modern (I know eaxctly which deck i will submit in the first round) :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Ok for Modern (I know eaxctly which deck i will submit in the first round) :)
    Thanks!

Nobony else responded yet, though. What would you guys like to play?
    My vote goes to Modern with a couple of obnixious cards banned at the start (probably just the baned list from season 1), and then after each round banning the winning deck for future rounds.
    What do you guys think? Should be fun? Or would you like to play something else? Let me know!

Note: I'm looking to launch the next season in the new year, with probably the first deadline at Wednesday the 8th of January. More info and definitive planning to follow.

I think that you really have to consider an initial banning Assassin's Trophy for Modern 4 Card Blind in addition to the other obvious bans.

With that in consideration, Modern is fine.

Sep 2011

The most obvious offenders to ban:

Ghost Quarter
    Mental Misstep
    Chancellor of the Annex

These are just oppressive by fundamentally eliminating 1-land decks or forcing the need for redundant mana sources, which just limits things too much when playing with a Modern card pool, and they could be slipped into literally any deck. I see an argument for Assassin's Trophy as well, because OTP it functions like Ghost Quarter.

Also one of the following should be banned: Lotus Bloom, Barren Glory. Barren Glory seems fair without Lotus Bloom.

I think Thoughtseize and co might actually be OK. They are very strong in Vintage and Legacy 4CB, where there are combo decks that fall apart with 1 card removed, but they underperformed in Block 4CB, not even making top 50% sometimes.

Similarly, I think Force of Negation is a fair card because it forces you to 2-for-1 yourself and can't answer creatures. You can play around it by just playing creatures or by playing instants on their turn.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I think Thoughtseize and co might actually be OK. They are very strong in Vintage and Legacy 4CB, where there are combo decks that fall apart with 1 card removed, but they underperformed in Block 4CB, not even making top 50% sometimes.

Similarly, I think Force of Negation is a fair card because it forces you to 2-for-1 yourself and can't answer creatures. You can play around it by just playing creatures or by playing instants on their turn.
    Considering that if it dominates, it will get banned in a round, I think that's fine too.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information