Page 94 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    If I make Food and then make it a 3/3, then I can double-block with Conclave and the Food and then I should be able to do something against Student.
    Ah, right. I missed the double block.
    Re-did my calculations and Student gets Oko to 1 afterwards but then you get to make the second 3/3 food guy and double block Student as well ftw.

I guess the 6-0 is for you then.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Ah, right. I missed the double block.
    Re-did my calculations and Student gets Oko to 1 afterwards but then you get to make the second 3/3 food guy and double block Student as well ftw.

I guess the 6-0 is for you then.
    I can also just make Student a 3/3 without first strike at some point.

For ideas, I have this for a reference, looking through the seasons to see how many of them would work for 4CB.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Temple Garden, Hexdrinker, Student of Warfare, Path to Exile
    2. FTW: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Mutavault, Shrieking Affliction, Smallpox
    3. Wrath of Pie: Faerie Conclave, Simic Growth Chamber, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Mayor of Avabruck
    4. Moosedog: Evil presence, Cruel sadist, Path to exile, Concealed courtyard
    5. Tylert: Concealed courtyard, Student of warfare, Path of exile, Duress
    6. H: Temple Garden, Noble Hierarch, Student of Warfare, Mayor of Avabruck

1. Asthereal: I can duress your path, path your hexdrinker, and it will be a draw. 2-2 --> 2.
    2. FTW: OTP: I can duress shrieking affliction. If i play a creature, you can small pox for the draw. If i don't it's a staredown cause I can path mutavault. OTD: You can play shrieking affliction, I don't do antyhing. If you smallpow, you can't win. If you attack with mutavault, i can path it and you can't small pox. so draw. 2-2 --> 4
    3. Wrath of Pie: Duress on Oko. path on mayor. student of warfare is faster than faerie conclave. 6-0 --> 10.
    4. Moosedog: I can duress presence, then we trade paths. 2-2 --> 12.
    5. Me.
    6. H: I can path hierarch for a Student vs student Stand off. Draw. 2-2 --> 14

Total 14. Boring round :)
    Last edited by Tylert; 03-12-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    5. Tylert: Concealed courtyard, Student of warfare, Path of exile, Duress
    Student staredown? Not sure, need to think more. ?-?
    You have 2 mana per turn. So your student grows bigger. Also, it has +1/+1 from exalt... it looks like two wins for you from my point of view. Duress is good in the Oko / shrieking affliction matchu ups... not here :)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

2. 0-6
    3. 0-6
    4. 2-2
    5. 2-2
    6. 6-0

Total: 16 points?
    I count 10 only :)

[QUOTE=Tylert;1081976]
    6. H: This looks like a win for you. I can't duress anything. I path mayor. but you will have a bigger student quicker than me thanks to Hierarch and I can't trade thanks to the +1/+1 from exalt. 0-6 --> 12.

QUOTE]

Just curious, not exactly sure how finding decision trees in this format works, but can't you just path the hierarch and then it's a student standoff?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I count 10 only :)
    Forgot to edit those numbers. Thankfully, Google Spreadsheets counts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp2293 View Post
    Just curious, not exactly sure how finding decision trees in this format works, but can't you just path the hierarch and then it's a student standoff?
    The decision tree is simple: everybody plays optimally with perfect information.
    If a better line is found by anyone, that line is played.

In this situation he can indeed Path the Hierarch and stop Mayor from landing.
    Whether one Student levels up quickly enough to win the game needs to be calculated.
    I don't think it will, and the games will be a draw.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

6. H: This looks like a win for you. I can't duress anything. I path mayor. but you will have a bigger student quicker than me thanks to Hierarch and I can't trade thanks to the +1/+1 from exalt. 0-6 --> 12.
    Decision finding works this way:
    - the player tries to find the best line possible. Sometimes he finds all the lines, sometimes he doesn't.
    - When he doesn't luckily, someone else much smarter finds the optimal line for both players :)

I agree with you, i can path noble hierarch, then we draw :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Assuming FTW is either busy or on holiday, and assuming we all calculated our scores against him correctly...

Preliminary standings for round 9

Rank. Player: score - SP
    1. FTW: 23 - 4,6
    2. Moosedog: 16 - 3,2
    3. Tylert: 14 - 2,8
    4. Asthereal (TO): 10 - 2
    5. Wrath of Pie: 9 - 1,8
    6. H: 8 - 1,6

Which means FTWs nasty Smallpox deck gets the axe:
    Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Mutavault, Shrieking Affliction, Smallpox

@Wrath: Thanks a lot for the link to the 3CM thread of that other forum. It's a gold mine!
    I have enough ideas now for an entire season with weird format rounds of 4CB.

BUT... if someone still has fun ideas for rounds with weird additional rules, be sure to post them.
    If they look like fun, I'll add them to the season 6 schedule.
    Please also think about cards that might break your idea, so I can add temporary bans per round.
    (I have a few ideas already that REALLY need an extra ban.)

The most important decision is submitting to the moderator, pretty hard to join in on the fun otherwise.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Everything gets cancelled because of the coronavirus, but thankfully we can still play our little internet competition of chaos. So let's go!

ROUND 10 of SEASON 5: MODERN MADNESS has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 10, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 18th of March, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Mountain, Blightspeaker, Combust (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S05R10 in the topic.
    Many of you already do this. Thanks a lot, this really saves me a lot of time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. It will grow every round. You'll find the banned list in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Everything gets cancelled because of the coronavirus, but thankfully we can still play our little internet competition of chaos. So let's go!
    I'm stuck at home... no more wednesday magic... luckily there's magic arena and 4CB :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I'm stuck at home... no more wednesday magic... luckily there's magic arena and 4CB :)
    Yup. Everything has shut down here as well. No cinemas, bars, sports or other meeting-related stuff.
    There isn't much to do. Except for at work. Work is a mess. I'm in the event business, so it's complete chaos here.

Anyway, about 24 hours until the deadline, and I'm at 4 entries, so we'll probably get there.

There's a good to fair chance though that I'll be (very) late posting decks tomorrow, because of the mayhem at work.
    So bear with me. I'll post decks as soon as I find time.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Yup. Everything has shut down here as well. No cinemas, bars, sports or other meeting-related stuff.
    There isn't much to do. Except for at work. Work is a mess. I'm in the event business, so it's complete chaos here.

Anyway, about 24 hours until the deadline, and I'm at 4 entries, so we'll probably get there.

There's a good to fair chance though that I'll be (very) late posting decks tomorrow, because of the mayhem at work.
    So bear with me. I'll post decks as soon as I find time.
    WHere you among the people waiting in line to get their weed before the closure? :)
    I'll send something tonight or tomorrow morning before noon.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Were you among the people waiting in line to get their weed before the closure? :)
    LOL nah, I don't use that stuff, but I know a few people who will be rather upset when they run out.

Anyway, no more weed should the the least of our worries in these strange times.
    The big question on my mind is whether I still have a job in a few months time...

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Yeah, not a lot of time to think, I just submitted something stupid and not well thought out, which isn't really out of my ordinary though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Tylert, where's your deck? Issues with PM?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Tylert sent his deck, so here we go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 10 OF SEASON 5: MODERN MADNESS

1. Asthereal (TO): Stomping Ground, Durkwood Baloth, Hexdrinker, Lava Dart
    2. FTW: Temple Garden, Hexdrinker, Path to Exile, Judge's Familiar
    3. Wrath of Pie: Pendelhaven, Simic Growth Chamber, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Mayor of Avabruck
    4. Moosedog: Inspiring vantage, Stromkirk noble, Path to exile, Student of warfare
    5. H: Goblin Guide, Lava Dart, Forge Devil, Mountain
    6. Tylert: Blooming Marsh, Noble hierarch, Mayor of avabruck, Duress

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Also, more ideas for season 6 are still welcome.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal results for round 10:

1. Asthereal (TO): Stomping Ground, Durkwood Baloth, Hexdrinker, Lava Dart
    That's me. How about combining my fav 4CB card, Lava Dart, with a card that wants to use that land I'll need to sac for it. Sounds good, no?
    I can kill both your guys, but it looks like you can only kill one of mine, so I should win this. 6-0
    3. Wrath of Pie: Pendelhaven, Simic Growth Chamber, Oko, Thief of Crowns, Mayor of Avabruck
    Ugh, I don't feel like calculating this. You probably win because Mayor+Haven is rather annoying. For now I'll enter 0-6, will calculate later when I'm less of a mess.
    4. Moosedog: Inspiring vantage, Stromkirk noble, Path to exile, Student of warfare
    Again I can kill both your guys, but it looks like you can only kill one of mine, so I should win this. 6-0
    Suspend Baloth, then double-Dart your Guide. Baloth will resolve and win the race while being out of Dart-range. 6-0
    I can kill your Hierarch regardless of whether you Duress my Lava Dart. Baloth or Hexdrinker will win it. 6-0

Total: 24 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

1.Aesthereal (TO): Stomping Ground, Durkwood Baloth, Hexdrinker, Lava Dart
    I believe the lava dart will always get me before I can make guys out of range. LL

I think this becomes a Student vs hexdrinker race? I’ll need to play it out to see who wins

Does stromkirk get counter attacking planewalker? I think you’ll get this need to play it out.

I believe I cannot work around dart and devil. LL

Hm, I believe Stromkirk will get to a 4/4 OTD but then you’ll stabilize. OTP I believe I’ll get there because you’ll have to keep chumping? LW

Thread Information