Thread: Jeff Zandi Tribute

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Jeff Zandi Tribute

I don't know if any of you knew Jeff Zandi but he was one of the most dedicated people to the game. I met him over the internet around 2006-7 through a (now defunct) magic site called mtgfanatic. He was their head writer and content editor. He was a stalwart from the very beginning of the game, hosting the longest running weekly magic event with the Texas Guildmages. He passed away after a heart attack a few days ago. He was part of the pro tour at least once, I think making it twice. He was instrumental in establishing the Hunter Burton Memorial Tournament, which donates to a suicide awareness charity, which encapsulates him so well. He was a generous soul, a stand-up gentleman, loving magic and life. He will be sorely missed.

Corbin Hosler did an article for Wizards:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...age-2017-03-21
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: Jeff Zandi Tribute

Thanks for sharing this sad news.

Have to admit I had not heard of him yet, but he sounds like an incredibly nice and dedicated guy, and an invaluable member of the MtG community.
    I hope he's in a better place now, and I wish his friends and relatives all the strength in the world to cope with their loss.

Every Tuesday for 21 years is an impressive feat. I'd love to leave a legacy like that, much less have a pedigree and family tree at the highest levels.

I didn't know the first pro tour was seeded by phone lottery, that's hilarious.

Every Tuesday for 21 years is an impressive feat. I'd love to leave a Legacy like that, much less have a pedigree and family tree at the highest levels.

I didn't know the first pro tour was seeded by phone lottery, that's hilarious.

Thread Information