Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I thought Lightning Axe was used for the "free" discard effect.
    Yes, that's one reason, but it's also to have removal that hits things Bolt doesn't. It was at most a 2-of for Phoenix decks, sometimes not even maindeck. Not sure where the deck is at right now. I think Bazaar Trademage will become one of the key threats in that deck, actually. It's a 3/4 flyer that feeds Phoenix and Pyromancer Ascension. With that in the deck I think Lightning Axe might get pushed to the side. I could be completely wrong about this, but I think it has merit. Three mana isn't too much for a deck that cantrips as much as Izzet Phoenix as well.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Yes, that's one reason, but it's also to have removal that hits things Bolt doesn't. It was at most a 2-of for Phoenix decks, sometimes not even maindeck. Not sure where the deck is at right now. I think Bazaar Trademage will become one of the key threats in that deck, actually. It's a 3/4 flyer that feeds Phoenix and Pyromancer Ascension. With that in the deck I think Lightning Axe might get pushed to the side. I could be completely wrong about this, but I think it has merit. Three mana isn't too much for a deck that cantrips as much as Izzet Phoenix as well.
    I'm pretty stoked for that guy. But only because I want to discard vengevines to it and cast hollow ones for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I'm pretty stoked for that guy. But only because I want to discard vengevines to it and cast hollow ones for free
    Please wander over to the modern section! I would love to get your feedback on a RUG Hollow-Vine list I posted. Its under 'Naya Vengevine', but I didn't want to make a new thread. Maybe you meant Legacy, but I was pretty stoked to start brewing for Modern with Bazaar Trademage.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Other cards of note from full spoiler drop:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/product...horizons/cards

Full spoiler is up.

Shattered Assumptions
    1BB
    Sorcery
    Choose One
    - target opponent reveals hand and discards all colorless cards
    - target opponent reveals hand and discards all multicolored cards

Has value vs. Eldrazi and Tron mostly I think, maybe a bunch of Vintage applications? Could be wrong. Probably a sideboard card either way.

EDIT: dammit Ben!
    lol

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/product...horizons/cards

Full spoiler is up.

Shattered Assumptions
    1BB
    Sorcery
    Choose One
    - target opponent reveals hand and discards all colorless cards
    - target opponent reveals hand and discards all multicolored cards

Has value vs. Eldrazi and Tron mostly I think, maybe a bunch of Vintage applications? Could be wrong. Probably a sideboard card either way.

EDIT: dammit Ben!
    lol
    could be interesting with painters servant maybe? could inspire a painter's servant deck with some other effects too.
    -rob

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Gluttonous Slug is the new Brushwagg.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Gluttonous Slug is the new Brushwagg.
    This card upsets me because I never remember what Menace does, but sure give rules text to Evolve. Not like it's the mechanic that's over two years older or anything. Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    This card upsets me because I never remember what Menace does, but sure give rules text to Evolve. Not like it's the mechanic that's over two years older or anything. Nah.
    Menace has been around a long time. It just didn't have a keyword.

Goblin War Drums

After all cards have been shown here's my judgement: It's a cool and interesting set especially for the more experienced players but it's certainly not justified to charge an increased price given what's in here. The regular booster price would have been perfectly fine and more appropriated, this isn't a premium product by any means.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I think this is a real mistake on WotC's part, because Rift is a deck that has real weaknesses.
    Come on, dont complain, "you" got a better Slide and cycling lands for Modern already.

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Come on, dont complain, "you" got a better Slide and cycling lands for Modern already.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    After all cards have been shown here's my judgement: It's a cool and interesting set especially for the more experienced players but it's certainly not justified to charge an increased price given what's in here. The regular booster price would have been perfectly fine and more appropriated, this isn't a premium product by any means.
    Primastic Vista makes this expansion great to me. I am buying 4 the day it lands on MODO

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Isn't Menace currently evergreen? That's the real reason why there is no rules text for it.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

morgen_coke, I guess Ruthless Sniper is Modern's Rift. Maybe it can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by joven View Post
    Isn't Menace currently evergreen? That's the real reason why there is no rules text for it.
    It's evergreen and it's, for some reason, associated with zombies.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Anybody else see this as a portent of future storylines? Phyrexia tries to take over Ixalan after succeeding on Mirrodin? There's mythos overlap in the importance of suns on both planes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post

Anybody else see this as a portent of future storylines? Phyrexia tries to take over Ixalan after succeeding on Mirrodin? There's mythos overlap in the importance of suns on both planes...
    To be fair, the sun is important in nearly every culture ever.

May 2015
    PDX

2020, year of the dinosaur robot.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    2020, year of the dinosaur robot.
    Spoiler. Mechagodzilla had yet to be confirmed.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information