Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Anybody else digging the grizzly bear Seismic Assault? The mana would be very difficult to pull off with Seismic alongside this, but damn, that is a GR Loam/Assault deck in the making. And we already have a GR dual cycle land that exists.
    It could be a decent plan B out of the board for BG Depths. At least I'm willing to give it a try there.

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    every Changeling spell has just become great
    I’m ready for Didgeridoo. Run that shit with Karn and one in the board with some crazy shenanigans.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Isn't making a 2/2 less good than dealing 2 directly (most of the time)?
    A 2/2 can deal more than 2 damage if it gets to attack twice. I just wish it made wolves instead so my Master of the Wild Hunt could fuck up some Griselbrands or Emrakuls
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Wait. Snow lands, slivers, pitch spells, Urza, actually interesting creatures, a continuation of Future Sight cycles, is someone who actually likes magic designing these cards now? This set is pretty incredible.
    I think it would be cool if they placed this set in arena and used it as a way to enrich the MTG Arena Extended Constructed format presumably coming post-rotation...

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

This set is gold.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

The Bear being a Bear and a Bear is just fantastic.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

White beast within seems nice. Would call of the herd even be played in modern nowadays?

Now they only Need to print a wasteland analogue and modern will really feel like old time Legacy. A snow variant with a snow mana activation possibly, so that it work best in mono-color decks and doesn't Simply go in 3 color tempo. I really love the new snow manland as well.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Surprised that Umezawa's Charm didn't get a last minute update to push it and make it say "Choose two. You may choose the same mode more than once."
    Then it would be consistent both in flavor and oopsie power level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    White beast within seems nice. Would call of the herd even be played in modern nowadays?
    Call of the Heard is Timeshifted. So it's been legal in Modern since the format's inception.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Lol, it turns brainstorms into bolts you goober. That's literally what the ability does when the cards are combined.
    That was the intent of the flavor text, except Thundering Djinn + Brainstorm deals 4 damage, which is no Lightning Bolt. It's a flavor fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    That was the intent of the flavor text, except Thundering Djinn + Brainstorm deals 4 damage, which is no Lightning Bolt. It's a flavor fail.
    Sure, if you want to be intentionally dense about it and ignore the fact it's +3 damage and only look at the total.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Sure, if you want to be intentionally dense about it and ignore the fact it's +3 damage and only look at the total.
    I'm far from being the only one who has the exact problem with it if you look at social media.

I'm just hating on a shitty flavor text. And no, just references to two old, iconic cards in a poorly constructed, awful sounding sentence alone is NOT good flavor, yet people gobble it up anyway. Nostalgia shouldn't be an excuse for crap. But hey, I member!

/rant

Back to topic:

That's an interesting take on splicing. Hopefully we're going to see more of that in the future.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I'm far from being the only one who has the exact problem with it if you look at social media.

I'm just hating on a shitty flavor text. And no, just references to two old, iconic cards in a poorly constructed, awful sounding sentence alone is NOT good flavor, yet people gobble it up anyway. Nostalgia shouldn't be an excuse for crap. But hey, I member!

/rant

Back to topic:

That's an interesting take on splicing. Hopefully we're going to see more of that in the future.
    Taking away the arcane sub-type might actually put some cards into the realm of 'playable'.

I predict that red = threaten, green = rampant growth, blue = boomerang but non-land, black = Coercion

EDIT: Umezawa's Charm seems to be just short of good. Flavor? Incredible. Power level? Should have gotten 'choose 2' like PirateKing said above.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by aCatNamedBootsy View Post
    It could be a decent plan B out of the board for BG Depths. At least I'm willing to give it a try there.
    If I may, I think it would only work in the Mox Diamond/Loam lists. I play the ESG/Lotus Petal version and I wouldn't touch this for that deck with a 20 ft stick. Bitterblossom is just leagues better for that strategy.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Splice without the arcane restriction might make it playable but probably still only in EDH (where I've thus far never seen anyone splice anything in years of play).

Man, that Generous Gift sure is a White Elephant.
    I'll see myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Splice without the arcane restriction might make it playable but probably still only in EDH (where I've thus far never seen anyone splice anything in years of play).
    People do splice Desperate Ritual and Through the Breach occasionally.

Modern only has 16 existing bears, and there's what 4 bears on the way? That's a 25% increase in total bears.

Modern only has 16 existing bears, and there's what 4 bears on the way? That's a 25% increase in total bears.
    That's Bearly enough to take note of.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Also, this new common bear (is powerful or a common) is a really cute story

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtg_tower...92271026040832

Thread Information