Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
If what you are saying comes to pass that would be a great thing.

Just about all of our legacy decks would be playable in the format you are describing. Basically, the ban list in this new format would be reserved list, and everything else would be unbanned.

I would gladly give up LED, City of Traitors, Cradle, Metalworker for a 10x fold increase in legacy’s playerbase. Those handful of cards could be relegated to Vintage and commander. Losing them would barely effect many legacy decks. And being reserved list cards, they will always maintain value. Reserve list cards is why Legacy is destined to suffer the same fate as vintage. Its a format without a long term future.

What you are describing is actually the one true way to save legacy. It would be a modern format that would have almost all of our pet legacy decks as viable options with a few minor changes (shocklands instead of duals).

All the decks we know and love would in fact become modern legal. Its a pain having to maintain a bunch of legacy decks that not that many people locally play and modern decks that are not as fun but needed since thats what almost everyone plays these days.
Although I agree with you, I am also a little bit biased since I'm a dedicated player to artifact and ancient tomb/city of traitor type decks. Metalworker, Grim Monolith, Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors are dear to me because I come from vintage where I used to be a workshop and dredge player. The reason I started playing legacy was because there were no more vintage tournaments.. On the whole, the aforementioned scenario would probably be for the greater good, but it will be people like me that will get caught by collateral damage.