Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 927

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

  1. #201
    They see me puntin'
    dsck's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Finland
    Posts

    522

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Snow duals are rumored, but take that as you will. I wouldn't get hyped about it or rate new cards based on it.



    A rainbow fetch that can grab any basic land. Basically Evolving Wilds, except you pay 1 life instead of it coming into play tapped.

    Edit: Interestingly enough, this can also fetch Wastes.

    Jesus christ, thats going into bazillion decks. What on earth is its price tag going to be? Literally everyone needs that.

  2. #202

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Is this not somehow violating the RL?





    So after that can we have?

    Dual
    Island - Swamp
    Vanishing 10
    tap: U or B
    We already had the morph Hermit when time spiral came out, and echo is very different than vanishing.

  3. #203
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,762

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    Jesus christ, thats going into bazillion decks. What on earth is its price tag going to be? Literally everyone needs that.
    Like what? It can't fetch duals and you need a sufficient number of basics to make it work.

  4. #204

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    well Miracle surely wants 4 of them and a basic Mountain

  5. #205
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    787

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    well Miracle surely wants 4 of them and a basic Mountain
    Basically, it will go into bicolor decks that want to fetch basics for blood moon effects.
    RW Sun and moon in modern might be interrested and maybe some Eldrazi decks that play two color (Colorless + 1 color) and play one waste only.

    My guess is that it is a good card.

  6. #206

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    My guess is that it is a good card.
    It's a solid role player for some decks. Not end of the world amazing, and not for every deck. I'll toss it in my EDH decks along with the other two copies of terramorphic expanse.

  7. #207
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,293

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    I'm calling legendary duals that are unique, not snow duals. I think it makes more sense overall considering EDH and Modern. You can only play one in EDH anyways and Modern would still need Shocks/fetches/other dual lands for stability.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  8. #208

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I'm calling legendary duals that are unique, not snow duals. I think it makes more sense overall considering EDH and Modern. You can only play one in EDH anyways and Modern would still need Shocks/fetches/other dual lands for stability.
    What do you mean by "unique"?

  9. #209
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,293

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    What do you mean by "unique"?
    Something that differentiates them from original duals, something like this:

    Fancy New Bayou
    Legendary land - forest/swamp
    a deck can only have 1 copy of Fancy New Bayou

    or

    Fancy New Bayou
    Legendary land - forest/swamp
    Fancy new bayou cannot be the first land you play in the game

    Those are both just dumb examples, but they are enough to differentiate from original duals to skirt the RL. Look at the new Deranged Hermit variant; it changes echo for vanishing, which is a lot closer than I ever thought they would get to a RL quasi-reprint. I think with more valuable cards like dual lands they will play it more conservatively (just an opinion mind you, and a wild-ass guess at that.)
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  10. #210
    Member
    Matsu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2016
    Location

    Forever dark woods
    Posts

    203

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Something that differentiates them from original duals, something like this:

    Fancy New Bayou
    Legendary land - forest/swamp
    a deck can only have 1 copy of Fancy New Bayou

    or

    Fancy New Bayou
    Legendary land - forest/swamp
    Fancy new bayou cannot be the first land you play in the game

    Those are both just dumb examples, but they are enough to differentiate from original duals to skirt the RL. Look at the new Deranged Hermit variant; it changes echo for vanishing, which is a lot closer than I ever thought they would get to a RL quasi-reprint. I think with more valuable cards like dual lands they will play it more conservatively (just an opinion mind you, and a wild-ass guess at that.)

    Make it simple:

    Frozen Bayou
    Restricted Land - Forest Swamp
    tap: G or B

  11. #211
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,293

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Make it simple:

    Frozen Bayou
    Restricted Land - Forest Swamp
    tap: G or B
    Restricted would have to become a new super-type, and I don't think they would go that far. Maybe.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  12. #212

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Restricted would have to become a new super-type, and I don't think they would go that far. Maybe.
    I think it would be more likly. Even if Relentless Rats says the opposite.

  13. #213

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Restricted would have to become a new super-type, and I don't think they would go that far. Maybe.
    They might, but not in a set like this -- They've said there aren't any new mechanics in this set. I'm not inherently opposed to "restricted" as a supertype and functioning as some sort of limiter on deck construction. But, I don't see them doing it.

    Would be cool to have "Restricted: A deck may contain a maximum of four restricted cards." and then a cycle of restricted duals. The problem is, in legacy (or any format with sufficient Fetch utilization) that may as well be a dual reprint, so they wouldn't do it.

  14. #214
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,359

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I think it would be more likly. Even if Relentless Rats says the opposite.
    It's a whole lot easier to enforce Relentless Rats than the opposite though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  15. #215

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    ... What on earth is its price tag going to be? Literally everyone needs that.
    Chase lands sell packs.

    This might be a good option in some kind of context that cares about basics (people have already mentioned Wastes), but in an ecosystem where dual lands are available, the existing fetch lands are almost always going to be better. So I think this will be a niche card in legacy.

  16. #216

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    It's a whole lot easier to enforce Relentless Rats than the opposite though.
    How is a restricted supertype any harder to enforce than any other deck construction rule? You look at the deck, and if it violates the rule it's an invalid deck.

  17. #217
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,574

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    How is a restricted supertype any harder to enforce than any other deck construction rule? You look at the deck, and if it violates the rule it's an invalid deck.
    It isn't much different that the entire basis of most Vintage decks, for example. And while I've actually witnessed mistakes happen there of, say, someone "accidentally" (yes, it could have been actual cheating) running two Tinkers. In fact, it seems to me that nearly anyone in Vintage could "cheat" on Restricted cards in theory, but almost no one actually does in practice.

    Not that I will rate the idea of such Duals as probable. I think the mana situation in Modern is regarded as "good enough."
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  18. #218
    Member
    Matsu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2016
    Location

    Forever dark woods
    Posts

    203

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Chase lands sell packs.

    This might be a good option in some kind of context that cares about basics (people have already mentioned Wastes), but in an ecosystem where dual lands are available, the existing fetch lands are almost always going to be better. So I think this will be a niche card in legacy.

    This will be an EDH staple, it goes in every deck. Mono colored deck will have a 5th fetch land + Evolving Wild + T- Expanse.
    I think this is the only force that will put this card price over the top.
    I do not expect it will be playable in any other format. Why would you if you can put any Ons/Zen fetch.

  19. #219

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    It's a whole lot easier to enforce Relentless Rats than the opposite though.
    Yeah, but we already have a restricted list, so it's not like we can't do it.

  20. #220
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,359

    Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    How is a restricted supertype any harder to enforce than any other deck construction rule? You look at the deck, and if it violates the rule it's an invalid deck.
    It's not any harder to enforce, but it would just be one more enforcement. Using Relentless Rats as an example of them messing with deck construction in the past is just a false equivalency.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)