Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Slivers are back! Also...Planeswalker Sneak Attack?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Not quite, it still only effects your Silvers.
    Well look wise though

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Fire Breath could in theory also work with Sulfuric Vortex just fine, but since it also cost 3 its just waaayyy too slow for burn.
    It would have to be a Burn/Storm hybrid with red rituals to power out combo pieces. The nice part is the rituals aren't dead after you resolve the enchantment, they will stack up towards a lethal 'storm' count. I think at that point it's closer to Ruby Storm and you'd likely want bigger spells like Fiery Confluence to let your rituals enable more powerful effects.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

I like how it gives Cascade but then there silver you Cascade into when casting it won't have Cascade.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Dregscape Sliver has mad synergy with Ashes of the Fallen. You can reanimate a ton of big booty value for every 2 mana. It's on curve, too. T2 Ashes, t3 Dregscape, t4 double fatty. In legacy it's going to be somewhat underwhelming, but in modern it could find a way. It can't do Emrakul or Progenitus, but there is Grizel-turd, other Eldrazi, Worldspine Wurm (pretty nice synergy), and Craterhoof Behemoth.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Two more slivas

Aminatou, the Fateshifter/Venser the Sojourner jank incoming.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Hey, DnT!

It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I like how it gives Cascade but then there silver you Cascade into when casting it won't have Cascade.
    Are you sure? You cast the cascaded slivers and it does state "sliver spells", not slivers. Not cascading any further would be totally unintuitive.

As for sneaky Planeswalkers, why not just bring out the big guns?

Edit: Ranger Captain seems like a nice way in Modern to tutor for Giver of Runes. Or anything relevant in Soul Sisters. Lack of evasion and protection is kinda underwhelming in Legacy, though.

Turning off your opponent's removal and counters for crucial turns is also nice, although I don't understand this card design. It's just two unrelated abilities mashed together.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Are you sure? You cast the cascaded slivers and it does state "sliver spells", not slivers. Not cascading any further would be totally unintuitive.
    Yea, TFS will not be on the table, so the second will not have Cascade.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Hey, DnT!

Conveniently fetches up the new Mother variant.

The hype train is real with this set. It feels like when the first Modern Masters set came out, it's that exciting.
    Brainstorm Realist

Anyone have an AFFINITY for this card?

Mar 2013

Come on man, you can construct a better joke than that.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    The hype train is real with this set. It feels like when the first Modern Masters set came out, it's that exciting.
    Between WAR and this, it appears that the playtest team finally pays off because they brought in seasoned players who actually know what people want/need, instead of pushing out weird shit like unplayable werewolf tribal for their FFL.

@Recombiner: Probably has the most synergy with Walking Ballista and Steel Overseer, but there a few other constructs that are also Eternal-playable. Certainly an interesting card.

Between WAR and this, it appears that the playtest team finally pays off because they brought in seasoned players who actually know what people want/need, instead of pushing out weird shit like unplayable werewolf tribal for their FFL.
    I'm still sad that they've had not one, but two werewolf sets and we've got like, half of one playable card out of it.

Yes. When you cascade off The First Sliver, it's on the stack, it's static abilities do not function as per:
    604.2. Static abilities create continuous effects, some of which are prevention effects or replacement effects. These effects are active as long as the permanent with the ability remains on the battlefield and has the ability, or as long as the object with the ability remains in the appropriate zone, as described in rule 112.6.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Yes. When you cascade off The First Sliver, it's on the stack, it's static abilities do not function as per:
    604.2. Static abilities create continuous effects, some of which are prevention effects or replacement effects. These effects are active as long as the permanent with the ability remains on the battlefield and has the ability, or as long as the object with the ability remains in the appropriate zone, as described in rule 112.6.
    Oh, we were talking about different things. You meant the sliver you get from casting The First Sliver itself, which can't cascade. Everything cast after it resolved should have cascade, though.

It can get Ballista and Walker, plus has modular to feed them when it eats itself later to get another.
    A fun line will be to have this eat itself to search for another copy of itself.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Planebound Accomplice plus Will Kenrith (whom I totally forgot about) is pretty decent. 2RR and two card combo do draw 2 cards and have all your instants, sorceries and planeswalkers cost 2 less until end of turn.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Planebound Accomplice plus Will Kenrith (whom I totally forgot about) is pretty decent. 2RR and two card combo do draw 2 cards and have all your instants, sorceries and planeswalkers cost 2 less until end of turn.
    You'd also get to search up a Rowan too, if you want to. Not sure she is much worth it though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information