Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Also, this new common bear (is powerful or a common) is a really cute story

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtg_tower...92271026040832
    Being birthed from your mother's corpse sounds more metal than cute to me but YMMV.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Being birthed from your mother's corpse sounds more metal than cute to me but YMMV.
    Fur on the outside and darkness within
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Serendib + one-shot Bazaar activation? This card is weird.

Of course blue gets a 3/4 flyer for 2u.
    Oh and a cool ability.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Makes me want to revisit Madness as a deck.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Makes me want to revisit Madness as a deck.
    Also, something to consider for future implications if they expand on Hollow One's design space.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

petal, tomb, bazaar, discard two vengevines and a walla, play 2 hollow ones EZ

Add in an anger and a mountain somewhere and u got an otk

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

Sea Stompy with this and Hollow One?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    Sea Stompy with this and Hollow One?
    LED Dredge? Granted a bit high on the curve but if the deck stalls out this could give it a boost to get going again and also be fodder for therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    LED Dredge? Granted a bit high on the curve but if the deck stalls out this could give it a boost to get going again and also be fodder for therapy.
    It’s 3x as much cost and only half as effective as Breakthrough, which they don’t play 4x iirc.

Also gonna have to take a moment to point out Squandered Resources as having way better flavor text, that they tried to rip off with Bazaar Trademage.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Dude! Red juzam djinn at unc.
    Thats cool.

That is all.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Also gonna have to take a moment to point out Squandered Resources as having way better flavor text, that they tried to rip off with Bazaar Trademage.
    It is clearly referencing Arabian Nights cards like Aladdin's Lamp, Aladdin's Ring and Flying Carpet (don't know what the scepter is supposed to be). Is it a rip off because both texts follow similar structure? Its flavor is of being in a bazaar, so of course it is going to talk about trading... And it doesn't even feature the cyclical order of Resources (he starts with sand and ends with sand), which is the entire point of that flavor text. The point of Trademage's flavor text is just to namedrop references.
    So yeah, I'm not seeing any rip offs. Both texts have entirely different goals.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

someone abuse this with riptide academy

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

New mox spoiled, no casting cost, suspend 3, like lotus bloom. Think it's much worse than bloom because suspend was a better fit for a combo deck that wanted to combo out on 4 with a mana burst, but a mox on T4 is very rarely better than just drawing your fourth land. Should've had suspend 2 tbh, so it would've accellerated you from 3 to 4 mana, which is comparable to a stone/growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    New mox spoiled, no casting cost, suspend 3, like lotus bloom. Think it's much worse than bloom because suspend was a better fit for a combo deck that wanted to combo out on 4 with a mana burst, but a mox on T4 is very rarely better than just drawing your fourth land. Should've had suspend 2 tbh, so it would've accellerated you from 3 to 4 mana, which is comparable to a stone/growth.

Here you go.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Are they really pushing Blue over the top?
    The picture of the mox is amazing, so bad it is suspend 3. I would like to see a different number.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Are they really pushing Blue over the top?
    The picture of the mox is amazing, so bad it is suspend 3. I would like to see a different number.
    I don't expect anybody is ever going to actually suspend the thing... I suspect that for the decks that are going to fool around with it, the Suspend value ought as well be 7.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I think the basic fetchland is going to impact eternal formats drastically...you can essentially run 8 on colored fetchlands now and run a ton of basics. Wasteland is going to take a hit by this card being printed. Also the new Force looks pretty sweet. That new black instant speed sweeper is a RiP to elves/D&T possibly. I could see decks definitely using it it's awesome.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Rood View Post
    I think the basic fetchland is going to impact eternal formats drastically...you can essentially run 8 on colored fetchlands now and run a ton of basics. Wasteland is going to take a hit by this card being printed. Also the new Force looks pretty sweet. That new black instant speed sweeper is a RiP to elves/D&T possibly. I could see decks definitely using it it's awesome.
    I'm curious myself: have any pilots of 2-color, basics-playing decks that run additional off-color fetches (I'm assuming that'll be the first place Prismatic Vista would slot in) goldfished with Prismatic Vista to see how it feels? re: being able to fetch basics more reliably vs. sometimes not having the option of duals or basics

Looking at you, Miracles, U/R Delver, Stoneblade, Sneak & Show, Maverick, Reanimator, Deadguy, B/G Nic Fit, and G/W Enchantress players.

Underwhelming, but here for the sake of completeness.

Thread Information