Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Instead of exiling a card, you get a card from exile to give an opponent an extra combat.

(extra combat was the coldsnap pitch spell, no?)
    Fury? Yea, 2 cards though.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Fuck you TNN!
    Considering the set has ~40 different non-evergreen keywords according to Maro, I hope we get the equivalent to Sulfur Element for blue creatures. It would decimate TNN, Snapcaster, unflipped Delvers (2x also kills flipped ones), Clique and Strix. But we never get nice things.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

It still surprises me that a damage cannot be prevented sweeper hasn't been printed yet. Again, if it was pitchable, even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Mar 2013

Seeing the writing on the wall, likely won't happen now either. We will get a black pitch will neg shit and red will go on having sweet fuck all to deal with a resolved TNN.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

While likely not good enough for Legacy, is this some sort of combo piece with Carrion Feeder/recurring Zombies?

Contrary to most other cards you try to hype here, this IS good enough for Legacy...

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Contrary to most other cards you try to hype here, this IS good enough for Legacy...
    Seeing as the other card he posted is a shoe in for Lands I'd say cut him some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Once again - not trying to hype anything. Trying to post up cards that are getting spoiled, haven't been posted up here, and might be interesting for Legacy. I think hype would look more like "OH MY GOD THIS CARD IS GOING TO REVOLUTIONIZE LEGACY BUY YOUR PLAYSET NOW OR YOU'LL REGRET IT ZOMBIE HYYYYYYYYPE TRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIN!"

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    While likely not good enough for Legacy, is this some sort of combo piece with Carrion Feeder/recurring Zombies?
    Carrion Feeder, Gravecrawler and Bridge From Below would let you draw 2 cards (and lose 2 life) for .
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Mar 2007

Gravecrawler + sac outlet (either Carrion Feeder or Goblin Bombardment) is probably the to-go combo with it. Bridge from Below is also a possibility.

Hard to say if that's going to be good enough for Legacy, but it does seem quite strong. Most removal that kills it is still a 2-for-1 as it replaces itself.

Edit: This + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar is a DIY Bargain. That's worth pointing out since Zombardment lists already run Altar now. This could help to find combo pieces for infinite Zombies or infinite damage.

Not...exactly. I think this will do it's job in modern though. It's interesting, I'll probably play it in Modern.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I'm calling the red spell to be a fork

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about a red Misdirection.

WotC can't get away from their red = direct damage design mantra. Pyrokinesis variant that can also hit planeswalkers would also fit the bill, though, both as a callback to a popular card and as a direct damage card.

White isn't particularly strong in terms of pitch cards. Another thing that might be possible is a variant of Teferi's Protection to stop one-shot bullshit, but that seems rather unlikely.

Edit: Fact or Fiction got reprinted. Nifty reprint right there.
    I designed this card a long time ago:

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Pitchfork
    Instant
    2RR
    You may exile a red card from your hand instead of paying its mana cost. Copy target instant or sorcery spell, except that the copy is red. You may choose new targets for the copy.

"Pitchforks are better than Plowshares" - Greenfinger, Goblin Gardener

I'm hoping the gods have listened

bruizar

Completely forgot about that one, you're right.

Let's assume the rest of the cycle is used for police cards, some ideas:
    Black:
    - an Unmask variant (probably needs some retooling because WotC doesn't like instant discard)
    - yet another GY hoser
    - a creature kill spell
    Nah man, the black one will be a free reanimate for anything under 3CC. i'll call it, Force from the Grave

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Nah man, the black one will be a free reanimate for anything under 3CC. i'll call it, Force from the Grave
    Instant speed unearth? What's the best way to abuse that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    There are not and this myth needs to die.
    it's a myth called promissory estoppel

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Instant speed unearth? What's the best way to abuse that?
    Probably a value play for tempo, getting back a Snapcaster Mage (which offsets the exiled card), or Eternal Witness (though that is better with unearth) or Laboratory Maniac.

I think it would be a very safe card to print.

Mar 2007

Diabolic Edict got a reprint, just after they printed a better version last set.

This could do some fun stuff with Dreadhorde Arcanist and Brainstorm/Faithless Looting:

T2: Arcanist
    T3: Draw from draw step, land, Brainstorm, Fists of Flame, +5/+0 to Arcanist, swing, recycle Fist of Flame +6/+0, hitting for 12 while generating card advantage. Scary, given how Arcanist is already taking the format by storm.

or

T3: Draw from draw step, land, Faithless Looting, dump big spell, Fists of Flame, +4/+0 to Arcanist, swing, play any spell with a CMC up to 5 for free with Arcanist.

bruizar

T3: Draw from draw step, land, Faithless Looting, dump big spell, Fists of Flame, +4/+0 to Arcanist, swing, play any spell with a CMC up to 5 for free with Arcanist.
    Hatred

Mar 2007

But then you're playing Hatred. That card hasn't been good since ages.

Just generating some value with Fists of Flame is probably good enough, as you can bring back anything with a CMC of 3 (like K Command) over the course of the game with Arcanist. Since Fists are replacing themselves, the card should be rarely dead as long as you can protect your creature.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Gravecrawler + sac outlet (either Carrion Feeder or Goblin Bombardment) is probably the to-go combo with it. Bridge from Below is also a possibility.

Hard to say if that's going to be good enough for Legacy, but it does seem quite strong. Most removal that kills it is still a 2-for-1 as it replaces itself.

Edit: This + Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar is a DIY Bargain. That's worth pointing out since Zombardment lists already run Altar now. This could help to find combo pieces for infinite Zombies or infinite damage.
    Here i am, sitting here thinking that this is a cute card with Cabal Therapist while you build your own Yawgmoth's Bargain. Pfft, whatever, lol. Do you think this will make the cut for zombardment?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information