Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

Leaked, but pretty much verified real (the better quality image of someone physically holding up the card was taken down on Reddit).
    So if you want to cast it, you must have at least 2 untapped black or green creatures out. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    So if you want to cast it, you must have at least 2 untapped black or green creatures out. Interesting.
    It's a heck of way to recover from a wrath effect for token decks.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Like does everyone feel that this set is incredible? I can't believe how much I'm loving everytime a spoiler hits, just so much wow!
    This set is a home run for me. It has three or four times more playable cards than a normal set would have.

What cards do you guys think will impact legacy the most? I would go with Goblin Engineer, Wrenn and Six, Force of Negation, Ayula's Influence, Nature's Chant, and Prismatic Vista seeing serious tier 1 legacy play. Vesperlark, Bazaar Trademage, Tribute Mage, Plague Engineer, Pashalik Mons, and Scrapyard Recombiner will see fringe and tier 2 play.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

Chained to the Snow Land, anyone?
    So isnt this really strong for enchantress? You already run tons of basic forests.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    It's a heck of way to recover from a wrath effect for token decks.
    Manaless Dredge just popped the biggest boner ever.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

Baby Revillark
    he just needs a loyal friend :)

Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Rcycling Recruiter of the Guard from the yard is going to be amazing. I love this card :)

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Carrion Feeder reprint with new art.

Not relevant for Legacy, but this will likely enable a Zombardment-ish deck in Modern

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post

Not relevant for Legacy, but this will likely enable a Zombardment-ish deck in Modern
    And the format even has Unearth legal now...

While I absolutely love this set, the recent trend of higher quality sets, I can't help but be suspicious that Wotc is blowing their load and next year will absolutely suck for new sets.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post

MrBisonYesYes.gif

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    now you can get back artifact, creatures, and enchantments with lands. Maybe if we could get back planeswalkers that would be super awesome.
    I expect the green one to return lands once it gets printed. Red is a mixed bag since returning instants/sorceries every turn is quite powerful. PWs don't make sense for red.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones View Post
    There's so much...positivity....this doesn't feel like the Source I know and sometimes love.
    The set is great - lots of interesting, powerful cards and great callbacks to older, iconic cards. They're even completing older cycles people have been waiting for a long time, like Horizon Canopy's missing partners, the Stronghold cycle, Sword of X and Y, enemy Talismans, etc. - what's not to love?

That said, now get off your ass and give use a Sulfur Elemental for blue, WotC!

With all the praise this set gets from everywhere please don't forget that it also comes with an increased price tag (not normal booster price!) so Wizards better deliver to justiy that. This is bascically half a normal and half a "masters" set in terms of price. Do not get overhyped people.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I expect the green one to return lands once it gets printed. Red is a mixed bag since returning instants/sorceries every turn is quite powerful. PWs don't make sense for red.
    Red one should just give an Instant or Sorcery flashback until end of turn. Kind of like putting it on top of your library, but less broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    And the format even has Unearth legal now...

While I absolutely love this set, the recent trend of higher quality sets, I can't help but be suspicious that Wotc is blowing their load and next year will absolutely suck for new sets.
    Next set is a core set... I expect a poor season of boring rares opening and a crappy limited environment...

we want cyclonic rift + draw a F***** card! it's about time they print an upgraded bounce spell for me...ops us.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I'm surprised nobody talks about this:

What are applications for this? It can fetch:

Jitte, Winter Orb, Null Rod, SotM/Thopther Foundry combo, Revoker, Spyglass, Thorn, Sphere of Resistance, Ratchet Bomb and probably many other things.

This into Jitte, equip, swing on the follow up turn sounds already strong by itself.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Jitte, Winter Orb, Null Rod, SotM/Thopther Foundry combo, Revoker, Spyglass, Thorn, Sphere of Resistance, Ratchet Bomb and probably many other things.

This into Jitte, equip, swing on the follow up turn sounds already strong by itself.
    Painter as well. Guess at some point we'll get 4and 5 as well? 2 seems pretty strong though. Can also get Ravager I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Blue gets a tutor for Umezawa's Jitte and Phrexian Revoker in one card, I can't take it man … this set's power level is over 9,000

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Next set is a core set... I expect a poor season of boring rares opening and a crappy limited environment...
    Honestly, I'd be happy with that. Because I am likely still going to be buying playables from WAR and Modern Horizons at that point.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information