Thread: GP/MagicFest Vendor trading

GP/MagicFest Vendor trading

One of the GPs/Magic Fests is coming to my city and I thought it would be a great opportunity to trade out of legacy staples I don't need into ones that I do. Is there an ideal way of doing this with vendors at these (early in the weekend vs later, some vendors over others, etc)? If anyone has experience doing this or advice to give to a first timer that would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Re: GP/MagicFest Vendor trading

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    One of the GPs/Magic Fests is coming to my city and I thought it would be a great opportunity to trade out of legacy staples I don't need into ones that I do. Is there an ideal way of doing this with vendors at these (early in the weekend vs later, some vendors over others, etc)? If anyone has experience doing this or advice to give to a first timer that would be appreciated.
    From my experience it's always better to go early, as they have more cash to buy cards and more cards at good prices.

Mar 2023
    United States

My city is hosting either the Grand Prix or the Magic Festival, and I want to take advantage of the opportunity to swap out heritage essentials I no longer use for those I do. Is there an optimum time (certain time of weekend, particular vendors, etc.)? It would be fantastic if anybody has any experience with this or any words of wisdom for a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    One of the GPs/Magic Fests is coming to my city and I thought it would be a great opportunity to trade out of legacy staples I don't need into time shooter 2 that I do. Is there an ideal way of doing this with vendors at these (early in the weekend vs later, some vendors over others, etc)? If anyone has experience doing this or advice to give to a first timer that would be appreciated.
    Don't just trade with the first vendor you see. Shop around and compare prices to make sure you're getting the best deal. I used to be like this and you shouldn't be.

Thread Information