Thread: Mtg London mulligan test April 10 - May 1

Mtg London mulligan test April 10 - May 1

LONDON MULLIGAN TESTING

From April 10 to May 1, the London Mulligan will be the mulligan used on Magic Online. This mulligan is part of an experiment run by Magic R&D in their never-ending efforts to improve the game we all know and love. This will apply to all formats, in all events and casual games.
    As MTGO is the best and largest way to play classic formats like Legacy and Vintage, this test will provide a critical mass of data to help R&D make a final determination whether to adopt this mulligan for Magic as a whole. And importantly, it will allow Mythic Championship competitors to practice their Modern game under the same conditions that they'll face in London.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...rch-2019-03-19
    "Everything is better topless"

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Mtg London mulligan test April 10 - May 1

Kind of makes me wish I had Legacy cards online...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Fuck yea, I love testing with different rules than the event I'm testing for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Wow. So selfish. What about all those poor MYTHIC CHAMPIONSHIP competitors? Thay have to be able to test their moderns. There's only like one legacy GP during this time window...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwerdz View Post
    Wow. So selfish. What about all those poor MYTHIC CHAMPIONSHIP competitors? Thay have to be able to test their moderns. There's only like one legacy GP during this time window...
    I'd definitely call the need of Mythic champ competitors to delute their preparation time with legacy under the same rules as selfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Aug 2015
    The woods again

I'll just leave this here.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyCrispyClipzDBstyle

EDIT: No, I didn't name the clip.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Having just crushed the latest MTGO Legacy Challenge with Eldrazi Post, I have to say that the new London Mulligan rule is VERY VERY good for Chalice of the Void decks.

Yes, they have the opportunity to find their answers/threats more easily too, but the ability to just find Leyline of the Void or Chalice of the Void or Trinisphere so much more consistently basically trumps anything else they can do.

Are we going to be able to use this mulligan rule during GP Niagara Falls? :-)
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Are we going to be able to use this mulligan rule during GP Niagara Falls? :-)
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

8 Leyline MD
    4 E Tutor
    4 Helm of Obedience

is already a deck with these rule. Combo will really surge

So, is there some pending official announcement on whether this is going forward or not?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    So, is there some pending official announcement on whether this is going forward or not?
    Yeah, but I don't think there has been any word on exactly when, but Mr. Safety here speculated that it might be at the same time as the 5/20 B&R Announcement, which makes sense to me. Given how London went and what they were getting people on camera saying, I think you can largely bet on it coming to pass for all formats.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information