Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunderbluff 3.0

Re: Thunderbluff 3.0

Went 0-2 last week now 2-2. Need to work on it I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

New ******* bonkers minotaur! Let's go!!!

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...fury-of-akoum/
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

If you untap with it and have a fetch land in hand it hits for 21 on its own!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    If you untap with it and have a fetch land in hand it hits for 21 on its own!
    I'm so excited.

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

It's not a soldier, but it's the first creature that actually 1-shot kills with Sneak Attack (and a fetchland).

Between Sneak Attack and Didgeridoo @ EOT, that's 8 ways to set up a 1-shot.
    Both engines also let you abuse Neheb for mana and card draw

Mono R Minotaur Stompy

//Mana: 22
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    4 Chrome Mox

//Prison: 8
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon

//Engines: 8
    4 Didgeridoo
    4 Sneak Attack

//Creatures: 22
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Magus of the Moon
    3 Glint-Horn Buccaneer
    3 Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion
    1 Neheb, the Eternal
    4 Moraug, Fury of Akoum
    2 Boros Battleshaper
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Huge props to Suzuki Takahiro, https://mtgdecks.net/Legacy/minotaurs . Won 4 events with this:

1 Deadshot Minotaur $0.26
    3 Neheb, the Eternal $12.54
    4 Moraug, Fury of Akoum $8.1
    4 Sethron, Hurloon General $4.85
    4 Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion $0.58
    4 Simian Spirit Guide $2.75
    Artifact [10]
    2 Chrome Mox $48.76
    4 Chalice of the Void $46.01
    4 Didgeridoo $14.87
    Instant [3]
    3 Punishing Fire $0.34
    Sorcery [2]
    1 Deathbellow War Cry $1.35
    1 Fiery Confluence $6.06
    Enchantment [4]
    4 Blood Sun $0.88
    Land [21]
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows $5.97
    4 Ancient Tomb $41.45
    4 City of Traitors $188.99
    4 Cavern of Souls $71.25
    5 Mountain $0.25

Sideboard [15]
    1 Red Elemental Blast $3.9
    1 Pyroblast $3.14
    1 Abrade $0.99
    1 Karakas $19.27
    1 Warping Wail $0.49
    1 Fiery Confluence $6.06
    2 Agent of Treachery $4.99
    2 Trinisphere $24.41
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass $0.59
    3 Faerie Macabre

Winter Maze

Last edited by kinda; 10-29-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Winter Maze

ThrabenU started out 2-0 with the list in the prior post...but then dnt proved to be pretty tough: https://youtu.be/XJx3ewLwRuI.

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

The Chalice/Blood Sun version looks a lot better than the RW Soldiers version. Have you tried that out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    The Chalice/Blood Sun version looks a lot better than the RW Soldiers version. Have you tried that out yet?
    This list is running Blood sun and thalia too for the prison shell. I don't think didgeridoo is the best place for chalice though. CotV is excellent of course but I prefer running swords/not locking out didgeridoo.

Winter Maze

Akoum Warrior seems like an auto include; largish minotaur that can also be a land for screw purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Akoum Warrior seems like an auto include; largish minotaur that can also be a land for screw purposes.
    There's one in the list Phil used. It seemed good, more might be better.

Winter Maze

Thread Information