Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is this forum officially dead?

So is this forum officially dead?

Hi!

So what’s going on? Not even the B/R thread is active anymore. Is everyone on Discord now, or what?

Re: So is this forum officially dead?

Hopefully not, if Im ever posting a report its gonna be here, although while I enjoyed the slower paced forum its a bit too stale, on the other hand there is not much to discuss for someone who has been around forever, the discussion on Discord // FB just reflects the evolution through time, fast, unstructured, mostly not worth participating in or reading through... Also the demographics of legacy changes in contrast to the revival of ~2010 and the veterans mostly present here were taken over by newer generation or just ceased to care... So.. Maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It's mix of things, Discord, Facebook, the prices pushing newer players out while older players have children and settle. I don't play as much as I use to and when I go in to play half the old guard is gone with no new faces. Once that would have bothered me, now it just feels normal.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

The harsh reality is that forums really started becoming obsolete about a decade ago, because as it turns out it is simpler to use social media to do the work of forums (see also Wizards shutting down their forums in ~2015 and r/magicTCG becoming its effective replacement, although admittedly that was 3-4 years later than it should have been).

The survivors will be the larger forums and those that sell products (the latter because of ownership, really). Hosting costs are rather expensive as well, which doesn't help.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

2012-2019: "Legacy is dying!" 2018-2019: "The Source is dying!"

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Discord is annoying an incompetent, so I just don't talk about Legacy online anymore.
    At least here I can read other decks idly, with completely separate Discord/Facebook communities I'll never read about 90% of the decks in legacy ever again.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    doesn't make any of that statements less true unfortunately...
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Magic players who use forums are dying.

Kids these days don't even know what a forum is. "oh u mean a reddit thread? Insta story?"

I miss the hell out of good forums. But then again I hardly post on the few that remain, so I'm part of the problem.

I guess it's a combination of "don't have the time anymore", "when I do play I play with friends face-to-face" and "I'm so old and surly now that I have it all figured out, do my own think and don't really care what other people think about it".

And it goes well beyond Magic forums, forums on all subjects have lapsed in favor of easier but far less valuable sites. Reddit and Facebook just spoon-feed you content, somehow that's easier than having to click on a forum and a thread. I hate it.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

This forum died when IBA left.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Free Nedleeds?
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    This forum died when IBA left.
    Good riddance.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Good riddance.
    IBA was significantly better than half the posters that post in B/R now. Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    IBA was significantly better than half the posters that post in B/R now. Lmao
    Well, he was at least entertaining. The same people dug in to the same logical fallacies and biases are less so...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

I havent played Legacy in 5+ years, so I also barely come to the forum anymore. Im randomly on reddit and was on the goblin discord but im not active there either.

Legacy got boring and stale to me and the poor handling of the banlist contributed to this. On top of that prices got rediculous and id definitely not pay 2000+€ just to play the one tournament a year that happens in germany...
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    I havent played Legacy in 5+ years, so I also barely come to the forum anymore. Im randomly on reddit and was on the goblin discord but im not active there either.

Legacy got boring and stale to me and the poor handling of the banlist contributed to this. On top of that prices got rediculous and id definitely not pay 2000+€ just to play the one tournament a year that happens in germany...
    If you think legacy is boring. Standard is even worse

Aug 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post

I haven't played Legacy for the last 2 years, but a couple of things changed in my live in the past month, which means I have more time for hobbies now. And it's funny, because I kept my cards and I actually spend about 2000€+ in the last weeks for Legacy staples, so here is at least one person who is motivated to play Legacy in the future ;)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

The End of an Era

While I wasn't a frequent poster, or really visitor either, it's a little sad to see MTGSlavation now go. But the word is that that there will be a new forum made by the Admin there just not the same owners, which is likely good, because I don't think that "Curse Network," or whatever it was, did them any favors in the long run.

Just makes me glad we still have our place here.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    The End of an Era

While I wasn't a frequent poster, or really visitor either, it's a little sad to see MTGSlavation now go. But the word is that that there will be a new forum made by the Admin there just not the same owners, which is likely good, because I don't think that "Curse Network," or whatever it was, did them any favors in the long run.

Just makes me glad we still have our place here.

That place is garbage. They are too strict and ban you for the most basic stuff

Thread Information