Thread: The Antiquities War

The Antiquities War

The other list here has Ensnaring Bridge...

List:

4 Mox Opal
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Talisman of Dominance

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Trophy Mage
    4 Master of Etherium
    4 Force of Will
    4 Thoughtcast
    3 The Antiquities War
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Trinket Mage

SB:
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow

There's a lot of play here. I'd probably cut Trophy Mage and Trinket Mage, but there aren't too many more super aggressive cards to run in Blue (who'da thunk?). Send thoughts on these slots. I want the deck to be more explosive than tutoring with a CMC 3 2/2 dork. I've run Islands over the Talismans - not sure which I prefer yet. I'll post a few videos below.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Re: The Antiquities War

Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."

You could try a Throne of Geth.

It looks like Trophy Mage only fetches Master of Etherium from the main. How about adding an Etched Champion or some other toolbox thing?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    You could try a Throne of Geth.

It looks like Trophy Mage only fetches Master of Etherium from the main. How about adding an Etched Champion or some other toolbox thing?
    Throne of Geth is interesting. I was thinking of trying out Thrummingbird, actually. Probably Warkite Marauder is better (though I feel kinda slow). And maybe one of the slots in the MD was a SoFI - just for Master of Etherium to get through True Name Nemesis. I'm a bit rusty on the list, actually. Thanks for the thoughts!

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Maindeck (60)
    3 Master of Etherium
    3 Sai, Master Thopterist
    2 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Jeweled Amulet
    3 Lotus Petal
    3 Mox Opal
    2 Urza's Bauble
    3 Mind Stone
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    4 The Antiquities War
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Blast Zone
    3 City of Traitors
    12 Island
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
    1 Meteor Golem
    3 Flusterstorm
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Witchbane Orb
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 The Immortal Sun

Just kind of a list I've thrown together on Topdecked. I'm sure Ballista needs to be here somewhere though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

While it might seem a little odd, if you ran Izzet Signet over Mind Stone it could allow you to cast Saheeli a little "sooner" in some cases, but might not be worth it, I'm not sure. It also would just give you another source for a color, if you wanted to branch out into EE or something. I mean, you have Amulet, but I just don't know that Jeweled Amulet is really that good a card though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Maindeck (60)
    3 Master of Etherium
    3 Sai, Master Thopterist
    2 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Jeweled Amulet
    3 Lotus Petal
    3 Mox Opal
    2 Urza's Bauble
    3 Mind Stone
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    4 The Antiquities War
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Blast Zone
    3 City of Traitors
    12 Island
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
    1 Meteor Golem
    3 Flusterstorm
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Witchbane Orb
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 The Immortal Sun

Just kind of a list I've thrown together on Topdecked. I'm sure Ballista needs to be here somewhere though.
    To me, the only reason to run an affinity manabase is to run The Antiquities War and Karn, Scion of Urza. It makes your deck so so so explosive. Chalice is just the appetizer, and those two are really the main course. I think Force is a necessity now that Karn, the Great Creator has come about. New Karn is too slow to really fit with the explosive plan in your deck. You definitely don't want to durdle to lose to a PW'er that Null Rods you. And the +1 effectively does nothing for you.

I haven't played Sai, but I have Ballista-ed enough of them in my day to know it's super fragile and not terribly aggressive. Every card advantage removal kills it - K Command, P Fire, Karakas even.

I have Talisman of Dominance in my list, but I was a LOT more successful with a couple basic Islands instead. Saheeli sounds fantastic in an affinity manabase kind of build, but the UU in the casting cost is way too hard to get to. You can run Great Furnace, maybe over 4 of the Sol Lands in my list above, and it *might* make Saheeli castable, but playtesting will tell. You also need to run Thoughtcast. It's the best spell in the deck.

Thread Information