Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloning Spark Double

Re: Cloning Spark Double

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Did you ask about the infinite power Spark Double thing then
    Yeah, they said it doesn't work. (I mentioned that in the 5th post of this thread.)

And now this... I guess my understanding wasn't that far off.

https://twitter.com/EliShffrn/status...41134599487488

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    And now this... I guess my understanding wasn't that far off.

https://twitter.com/EliShffrn/status...41134599487488
    Interesting. I guess 706 is going to be some revision, which it likely should have had already, honestly, like I alluded to earlier in this thread.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Interesting. I guess 706 is going to be some revision, which it likely should have had already, honestly, like I alluded to earlier in this thread.
    I think the problem - such as it is - is more that development wasn't disciplined enough with the templating on Spark Double, so it works in a way that they didn't expect.'

As for fixing the issue with a rules change instead of errata, I don't think that the problem is "in rule 706" per se. There's a tangle here that involves stuff about copy effects which is in the layer rules, stuff that's in the rules for handling replacement effects, and the specific strangeness associated with "as ~ enters play" replacement effects.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I think the problem - such as it is - is more that development wasn't disciplined enough with the templating on Spark Double, so it works in a way that they didn't expect.'

As for fixing the issue with a rules change instead of errata, I don't think that the problem is "in rule 706" per se. There's a tangle here that involves stuff about copy effects which is in the layer rules, stuff that's in the rules for handling replacement effects, and the specific strangeness associated with "as ~ enters play" replacement effects.
    Yeah, could well be. Honestly, I'd rate myself as fairly solid on most of the Comprehensive Rules, but layers still throw me from time to time as do nesting Replacement effects, so I'm not surprised this case was not something I could really figure...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information